Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update to Sims 3 on Origin + CAW

Comments

• stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    @Sovaz – Yes, you need 30 posts and 50 points to become a full member with all posting privileges available. I noticed you have enough posts, so I liked your post to help you towards getting more points.

As for your FPS issue—I’m still on 1.67 myself and recently downloaded the 1.67 version of CAW. Like you, I noticed that although enabling VSync in the NVidia Control Panel works for full-screen TS3, it did not work for the windowed CAW tool; I also saw four-digit FPS there and was unable to find a fullscreen option for CAW. However, using EVGA PrecisionX 16 and adjusting the framerate target solved the CAW FPS problem for me, so perhaps that’s an option you could try as well. Good luck!
  • SovazSovaz Posts: 51 Member
    @fxchrfxchr & @starguru

Thank you both! Sadly, I am on 1.69 & since I bought everything through Origin am unable to roll back to 1.67 effectively. I will look into EVGA PrecisionX 16. Thanks again!
  • stargurustarguru Posts: 2,115 Member
    @Sovaz - NP! I own all disk versions with a pre-Origin base game, so I’m able to avoid the patch. But with any luck you’ll have no other issues running on 1.69, and I hope EVGA PrecisionX 16 solves your FPS issue with CAW. :)
  • ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Hello, I have 1.69 patch and I was trying to download the CAW but it won't work. After a virus scan I get the message...

"The signature of ts3cas.exe is corrupt or invalid."

And the only options I have is to view downloads or delete the file. I tried then the version 1.67. This I could download but it won't open. I get the message the program has stopped working and this could be due to corrupt file.

Is there still a possibility to download the program or it's gone?

Thank you a lot for your help!
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    @ELIROC - The signature error is, I believe, an Internet Explorer thing. You can either change IE's security settings so that it allows what it thinks are downloads with improper signatures or, much better, use a different browser such as Firefox or Chrome for that particular download.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • KiloD2KiloD2 Posts: 57 Member
    Does this tool work for those of us that have the "social version" that supposedly disabled the CAW tool? Thanks! :)
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    KiloD2 wrote: »
    Does this tool work for those of us that have the "social version" that supposedly disabled the CAW tool? Thanks! :)
    I believe it's Patch 1.69, however it's arrived or for whatever reason, that broke the original version of CAW and requires this new version. So the base game being social vs. the originally produced discs shouldn't really matter. Edit in Game (EIG) might be a different matter, but not sure why this would be so.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • NewYorkUsa2NewYorkUsa2 Posts: 36 Member
    I had the update for caw aswell everything was fine but after origen updated the sims 3 I have a problem CAW starts and I can doe anything but create mountains or vally's that part does not appear under terrain
  • sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @KiloD2 Yes, the 1.69 version of CAW will work correctly, including EIG, with the Go Social version of the game also patched to 1.69.

@igazor, there was a problem with the Go Social version of the game because of the forced link to Origin which made it not possible to use EIG in CAW. Patch 1.69 finally fixes that after waiting several years for it :)
  • ELIROCELIROC Posts: 2,318 Member
    edited March 2016
    @igazor Thank you, I'll try once more, this time using another browser. I hope it will work this time. :/
    A good day to you! :)

Edit: Yes, it is working now, I used Firefox. That's so great, thanks a lot!!! :)
    Post edited by ELIROC on
  • PhilipsimPhilipsim Posts: 40 Member
    Weird, are you sure this is not a bug in the game itself?
    large.gif
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member
    Philipsim wrote: »
    Weird, are you sure this is not a bug in the game itself?

What issue are you wondering about?
    > @Karritz said:
    > Philipsim wrote: »
    >
    > Weird, are you sure this is not a bug in the game itself?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What issue are you wondering about?

Oh idk somehow it mixed with another topic or something.
    Anyways when I try to update the game through origin it downloads it and then says "Failed to update".
    What can I do?
    large.gif
    > @Karritz said:
    >
    > Weird, are you sure this is not a bug in the game itself?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > What issue are you wondering about?

Oh idk somehow it mixed with another topic or something.
    Anyways when I try to update the game through origin it downloads it and then says "Failed to update".
    What can I do?

You could try Repair Game.

I don't launch my game through Origin as mine is the old version of the base game and I am not on patch 1.69 which is the patch causing the problems here.
  • Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    What can I do?

Or try shutting down Origin, and then running again with "Administrator" privileges...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
    > @Karritz said:
    >
    > > @Karritz said:
    > > Philipsim wrote: »
    > >
    > > Weird, are you sure this is not a bug in the game itself?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > What issue are you wondering about?
    >
    > Oh idk somehow it mixed with another topic or something.
    > Anyways when I try to update the game through origin it downloads it and then says "Failed to update".
    > What can I do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You could try Repair Game.
    >
    > I don't launch my game through Origin as mine is the old version of the base game and I am not on patch 1.69 which is the patch causing the problems here.

Oh, it is causing problems?
    And yeah I have never used Origin to play sims 3 but it kept saying "Unable to connect to origin" and I thought the update really changes something, if it's not changing anything I don't see a reason why I should update it. Thanks!
    large.gif
    > @Karritz said:
    >
    > > @Karritz said:
    > >
    > > Weird, are you sure this is not a bug in the game itself?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > What issue are you wondering about?
    >
    > Oh idk somehow it mixed with another topic or something.
    > Anyways when I try to update the game through origin it downloads it and then says "Failed to update".
    > What can I do?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You could try Repair Game.
    >
    > I don't launch my game through Origin as mine is the old version of the base game and I am not on patch 1.69 which is the patch causing the problems here.

Oh, it is causing problems?
    And yeah I have never used Origin to play sims 3 but it kept saying "Unable to connect to origin" and I thought the update really changes something, if it's not changing anything I don't see a reason why I should update it. Thanks!

The only thing it changes is it forces you to launch Origin and The Launcher to play the game. And the launcher has a new page that forces you to check a box for every Expansion and Stuff Pack you want to play with during that session of play.
    > @Karritz said:
    >
    > > @Karritz said:
    > >
    > > > @Karritz said:
    > > > Philipsim wrote: »
    > > >
    > > > Weird, are you sure this is not a bug in the game itself?
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > >
    > > > What issue are you wondering about?
    > >
    > > Oh idk somehow it mixed with another topic or something.
    > > Anyways when I try to update the game through origin it downloads it and then says "Failed to update".
    > > What can I do?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > You could try Repair Game.
    > >
    > > I don't launch my game through Origin as mine is the old version of the base game and I am not on patch 1.69 which is the patch causing the problems here.
    >
    > Oh, it is causing problems?
    > And yeah I have never used Origin to play sims 3 but it kept saying "Unable to connect to origin" and I thought the update really changes something, if it's not changing anything I don't see a reason why I should update it. Thanks!
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The only thing it changes is it forces you to launch Origin and The Launcher to play the game. And the launcher has a new page that forces you to check a box for every Expansion and Stuff Pack you want to play with during that session of play.

Oh wow ._. and I was sad I couldn't update it.
    Thanks buddy!
    large.gif
  • Pugslover4Pugslover4 Posts: 2,849 Member
    I am having issued on CAWs, it's keep crashing during In-game! Not good. So, what should I do. I did update on origin and my games. Thank you I am happy. But wanted create few in game. I had to used my data for WiFi to updated. But caws keep crashing. What should I do??? :(
    9cac0e69-be99-4238-b1c8-e9ef2f5d7718_zps38d42068.jpg
    I owned the store! Yahoo!
  • p3dromoisesp3dromoises Posts: 113 Member
    I'm having issue installing sims3pack after this update, it says I need to reinstall my game, I really don't want to do that, do I have to reinstall the packs too? help?
  • fxchrfxchrfxchrfxchr Posts: 329 Member
    I'm having issue installing sims3pack after this update, it says I need to reinstall my game, I really don't want to do that, do I have to reinstall the packs too? help?

I read somewhere that you might only have to reinstall the base game - everything else should be okay but let's wait until someone who has had this message sees your post.
    Firby nurbs!
  • SecretDevil25SecretDevil25 Posts: 7 New Member
    seriously; where is the button to post a forum. i have a question and i dont see a discussion for it already.
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,274 Member
    edited April 2016
    seriously; where is the button to post a forum. i have a question and i dont see a discussion for it already.
    Unfortunately you aren't a full member yet, so that's why you can't open new discussions. Have a look at his thread: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

Edit for typos
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    edited April 2016

You could try logging out of your account and log back in as that works sometimes. I have just recently seen New Members whom had just joined make a New Discussion vs. the older New Members who have been around a year more not being able to mke New Discussions. So SimStaffBethelle has recommended trying to log out and back in. There may be times when it has been disabled for a day or two due to recent spambot attacks.
  • ts31121ts31121 Posts: 10 New Member
    PLEASE HELP - I AM LOGGED INTO ORIGIN ON THE SIMS 3 BUT NONE OF MY FAMILIES ARE THERE (on the main menu) and my two store worlds (Riverview and Roaring Heights) AREN'T THERE. I'M FREAKING OUT WHY IS THIS?
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top