Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you ever just let your Sims take care of themselves?

I don't mean like, sit back and watch what they do. I mean, leave the program running and then go off and do something else.

Obviously, you couldn't accomplish much because of those chance cards. But I think it might be kind of fun/interesting to try.

Comments

• LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Ohh, I wouldn't dare to, haha!
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • SommoreButtaSommoreButta Posts: 489 Member
    I have when I've went to take a shower. But of course I had it on ultra speed and returned to regular speed and of course nothing was accomplished
    sdaomhlfplv5.png Bestie's In Sim Form
  • surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I accidentally did this once, my sims were about to have a birthday party at the park, I paused it as soon as the lot loaded. Only thing is, is I didn't actually pause it!!
    I came back and it was the next sim day, noone had died, but everyone in the household had red bars for almost everything! (Bladder, hygiene, etc)
    I'm pretty sure I exited without saving, no problem haha
  • uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    Yes! I tried that a few times, like when I had to use the bathroom or was hungry and got me something to eat. I came back, and my sims were doing fine.
  • Nicwebb82Nicwebb82 Posts: 447 Member
    I did by accident. My sims had all their bars in red. Well all their bars except the fun bar. They refused to get off the electronics and stop watching tv to take care of their other needs.
  • MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    I do this almost every day!
    Sometimes i leave for 15-20mins sometimes i leave and don't come back in hours. Every time my sims have been able to take care of themselves and are happy to see me. Well, that is what "pretend" anyway. :)
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I do this when I get bored with the game. I let run while I do something else. Browse the web, watch TV, use my phone, or even lie down and rest.

They usually manage, although not without letting their motives get critical.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    I did... several hour of in game time while I chatted on the boards.

My Sim was coming back from a community lot and I wanted to check on a reply. I had forgotten she was in a new, empty lot so when I got back she was just standing there - stinky, had to pee, starving, ready to passout, and bored, yet she never lost that dang empty, freaky smile. *sigh*
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,577 Member
    Yeah, every time I do that, all the toilets and sinks will be broken. -.-"
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • ItsJayEmmItsJayEmm Posts: 15 New Member
    I have done this before too, but probably not for longer than 10 or 15 minutes. They usually get on just fine. I've never left it on ultra speed or anything before. I might try it with a sim I don't care much about haha
  • BilmonaghanBilmonaghan Posts: 1,552 Member
    Never! LOL! "I am Bill M, and I am a queue-interaction-aholic."
    Le Dynastie d’Angers: 83 – WWAD?
    Annette Thayer butts heads with the late Eric Lewis on her first day as steward.
    ldd083banner.png
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Back in the old days I would leave it running all night.Sometimes they would all be dead or the house was a total mess or both.
  • tanakakitanakaki Posts: 240 Member
    Back in the old days I would leave it running all night.Sometimes they would all be dead or the house was a total mess or both.

I did this in the Sims 2 all the time. Once I made a household with the sole purpose of seeing who would be alive when I woke up in the morning. :D
  • AFerrari0908AFerrari0908 Posts: 65 Member
    Yer I do this a lot. I would go have a shower or do something I need to do and just leave it running
    Gallery: AFerrari0908
    Youtube: ButtonBudds
  • QueenbaeheyQueenbaehey Posts: 10 New Member
    Not very often... I just can't seem to trust them. :neutral:
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    Never, I'm too much of a control freak :) no, not really I just want to be apart of all that my Sims do.

And even if I didn't pause before walking away and my sim was doing their own thing, I'll exit without saving and play from where I last saved.
  • adniram00adniram00 Posts: 167 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Yeah, every time I do that, all the toilets and sinks will be broken. -.-"

Yes same here. I would like to see a sim's reaction to dirty dishes apply to a broken sink or radio.
  • LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    No. If I did, it'd be utter chaos.

My sims have a penchant for napping when they're exhausted even though sleeping is more beneficial. In addition, if there is a computer on the lot, they will sacrifice their own needs just to play on it for hours on end (it's irritating and there don't seem to be any updated mods that will suppress their urge to use the PC). I feel like they'd very quickly enter needs failure if I left them to their own devices.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I have by accident a few times, just today I had to run to do something and forgot I had a family running for about 30 mins no issues when I got back.. everyone green.
    Once I left some new sims I had just started out running for a number of hours. They were living in a tent with a grill /cooler maybe guitar or radio ect.. and a small bathroom farther away on the lot. Much of the lot was blackened and some small fires were burning on the lawn. I think one died of fire and came back as a ghost and set more.. Otherwise I have no idea how the black marks were all over the place on the lot. The other sim was near death as nearly everything was burnt or broken. I wish I had seen it happen..
    egTcBMc.png
  • KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    Never! LOL! "I am Bill M, and I am a queue-interaction-aholic."

This. I don't think I could ever leave my Sims to do their own thing...I'm too afraid of what they would do without me :p I have always been interested in seeing what a Sim would do on their own though...maybe one day when I wanna take a break from my regular household.
    03.22.2013 <3
  • SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Lishacake wrote: »
    No. If I did, it'd be utter chaos.

My sims have a penchant for napping when they're exhausted even though sleeping is more beneficial. In addition, if there is a computer on the lot, they will sacrifice their own needs just to play on it for hours on end (it's irritating and there don't seem to be any updated mods that will suppress their urge to use the PC). I feel like they'd very quickly enter needs failure if I left them to their own devices.

Very true! Sometimes I'll focus on a single Sim to build a skill or get into a romantic relationship, and when I'm done, the other Sims will have at least two needs in the yellow and maybe one in the red, one will be missing work, a sink will be broken, etc.

I remember in the original game, you might leave your computer for half an hour, and you could come back and your Sim will have died in a fire. Ahh, those were the days...NOT.
  • FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    A few weeks ago I had some business to attend, and I apparently didn't pause the game properly, so when I came back, my sims had been alone for 2-3 sim days

Luckily no one died, but their needs were terrible, so I had to cheat a little :p
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • LinamintsLinamints Posts: 952 Member
    Yes, they were bad at it. Sims are like very small helpless children, even the adults with helpless children of their own. Everything in the house was broken, a fire had started (they did eventually put it out, or it went out on its own), all of the electronics were broken and there was was pee everywhere.
    "Parenting is just like gardening, except if you let your garden die you don't go to prison." - Anna Blast
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    I've done that! Even though I always thought that without my intervention they would probably all die, when I left them alone they ended up taking better care of themsleves than I did. Family of 8. 2 Adults and 6 kids. I was amazed lol espeically because even now I can't help but interfere because the way they attempt to care for themselves frustrates me so much
  • simmesesimmese Posts: 1,536 Member
    Its never actually crossed my mind to do this ... though now it has xD

I think i'll make a new sim and put her in a new save though , I dont want anything to mess with my current family