Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hystoria - A Sims 4 History Challenge Legacy

Hello, and welcome to my very first Sims 4 Story - Hystoria! This story is sim-led, following my sims and their progress as I play through the Sims 4 history challenge posted by Cloudseeker found here --> ( http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/829714/beta-the-sims-4-history-challenge ). I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing / playing! :)
Post edited by OtterlyRidiculous on

Comments

• CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I'm looking forward to your story! Hope you have fun playing and writing it! :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • OtterlyRidiculousOtterlyRidiculous Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hystoria - Chapter One: Ayla and Thag

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-37-20nbspPM_zpsk4kwcls7.png

Ayla felt her stomach dance with nervousness as she approached the rather newly settled territory of Clan Tor. She had been gifted to the second eldest brother of an allied tribe, and though they had never met, they had been bonded by the spirits by their father's wishes. Ayla did not know what to expect, the men in her tribe had been so rambunctious, but they had also been driven toward hunting large game. This man, sitting so calmly off in the distance, came from a fishing tribe, where, she was certain, the attitude must be wholly different, as a fisherman cannot be quite so active as he fishes or he'll most decidedly frighten the fish away.
    She came forward with confidence, however, unaccustomed to shyness, and bowed her head low. "Ayla," She stated simply, balling a fist over her chest. Her dark, doe eyes glanced up to the man, who held a rather serious expression. He was handsome, surely, and stronger than she had predicted.
    "Ayla sits," He gestured to the large, flat-headed stone before him. She took her seat, giving a small smile and trying to maintain a pleasing appearance. She wanted to please her ancestors, and to do so, she must please her new mate. "Thag," He finally spoke, placing his fist over his chest in return. He spoke with an odd level of steadiness, taking on no true emotion. "Ayla gardens?" He asked, eying her figure carefully as if trying to make an immediate judgement.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-39-32nbspPM_zps3996fcif.png

"Yes," Ayla replied, her eyes suddenly searching for a plot, "Thag has no garden," She remarked, her brows knitted in confusion.
    "No garden," He agreed, "Ayla gardens for Thag," He stood, then, turning his back to her. He took a moment of pause, and quite quickly she realized that he was waiting for her. She sprang to her feet and fell in beside him. He nodded, then lead her to a tent not far from the fire, "Ayla's," He gestured toward it, then pointed to the tent across the way, "Thag's,"

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-42-18nbspPM_zps7neawqeu.png

Ayla was surprised, "Ayla and Thag not together?" She gestured, with the occasional soft grunt and harshly formed word. Thag shook his head.
    "Thag knows Ayla's ways," He make a somewhat disgusted look, "Many sons, many men," He turned from her again. "Ayla gardens, Thag fishes," and at that he left her, jogging off in the same direction she could hear water from. Slightly confused by Thag's reaction to her tribe's tradition, she, at first walking and then jogging, left to gather what seeds and fruits she could find. It was true, it was her tribe's tradition for the Head Tribeswoman to produce at least four sons from men other than her mate, but it was never of any question who she was bonded to.
    The tradition was to ensure strength and variety of skill in the tribe, not to disrespect or undermine the Head Tribesman. Once her duty was fulfilled, she would be devoted to him, and would produce only his children, and only the eldest son would be heir to his position. It was his duty, however, to respect her customs, and so there was so question as to whether she would carry it out. Ayla ultimately decided that she wouldn't let if affect her, and if her customs did not please him, then her work and devotion would.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-43-21nbspPM_zps3ohusdqf.png

Although she found many varieties of plants scattered around the area, none other than a few Snapdragons had been ready for gathering. So, she gathered what she could and catalogued to herself what she would be able to come back and gather in the near future, learning the layout of the surrounding land.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-46-58nbspPM_zpsnvrfoav8.png

As expected, Ayla came home to silence, as Thag was suspected to be out fishing. He was, of course, as he found himself unnerved with his new mate. She was joyous and confident, and did not at all seem embarrassed by the mention of her customs. He supposed it was good, though he had secretly hope she was repulsed by the prospect. The gentle sounds of the river and the overall beauty of the land had brought him comfort and security. There was no one to bother him here, and unless Ayla wished to intrude upon him, there would be no one for a while.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-44-57nbspPM_zps59oidc8n.png

Ayla enjoyed the distance, feeling very overwhelmed by all these new ideas and responsibilities she was to take on. She had never been taught how to raise a prosperous tribe, though she would now have to. And Thag, though he would most likely provide a promising son, seemed so serious and unnerved. She wondered if her existence were to effect him at all, or if she would be pushed to the background as she always had been.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-49-26nbspPM_zpskkrsartr.png

Nevertheless, she planted what she had gathered, tended to it with care, and thus found herself with time on her hands and an uncertainty of what she was to do. She glanced off toward the river, catching no signs of Thag, and then hurriedly went back out into the forest. She brought back with her a large log, and hoping to finish before Thag returned, began to carve hastily at it. She often had this urge within her to take such mundane things and make them beautiful; to make them match the pictures in her head.
    She had to hide this part of herself from her tribe, as they had seen such a task as a disgraceful waste of time, and she wasn't sure Thag would find it any different. She quickly became caught up in her work as the day passed on, and as evening approached, Thag had returned without her being aware. "Ayla!" Thag grunted, coming up behind her and startling her, "What?" He questioned, gesturing to the thing she had created. It had just begun to take on its form and was obviously not for any specific use.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-51-10nbspPM_zpsfdukcuhs.png

"Thag," She replied guiltily, "Ayla is sorry," She felt her stomach turn, she had been caught only once before and felt foolish even for trying, "Ayla has gardened, Ayla has gathered," Thag stared at her like she was daft.
    "Ayla wastes," He stepped back, gently seething.
    "Ayla wants to please Thag," She gestured hopefully, "Ayla does not want offense," She despite her best efforts, felt tears approaching. She couldn't decide if she was sorry she was caught or sorry she had offended him; she had a hard time seeing it as being such an awful ordeal.
    "Ayla does not please," He growled, a fire in his eyes as he gestured to the distant shapes, "Ayla is like them!" But, as the first tear fell from her eyes he stopped, mouth agape, staring at her. He knew then he had gone too far. She was still young, still childish, and he was not so mature himself. He closed his eyes, taking a breath, "...Thag is not mad," He spoke softly, moving to sit down, "Thag is not used to Ayla. Ayla has ways,"

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-51-47nbspPM_zpssxgmelho.png

She found herself even more startled by his sudden forgiveness, "Thag... Does not mind?" She approached carefully.
    He opened his eyes again, knitting his brows, "Ayla will not do again. Disgrace," He found that distasteful anger in his tone again, and, seeing her alarmed face return, he took another breath, "Thag will not hurt Ayla," He shook his head, "Thag will not lay hands,"
    She nodded, "Ayla will garden. No more," She agreed carefully, not sure she meant it. She looked up to him with what she hoped came off as respect, "Thag is skilled fisherman?" She searched suddenly for a bounty, but caught no sight of one.
    "Thag catches none," He grunted with a quietness that Ayla could only interpret as shame. She suddenly found herself in disbelief and growing anger.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-52-28nbspPM_zpscm7gnwia.png

"Thag... Starves Ayla?" She asked through gritted teeth, aware that she was crossing a line, but could not stop herself. He had hurled such anger at her for wasting time, and had been guilty himself. She had at least accomplished something! He should be pleased! "Thag returns early, no fish? Thag... Wastes?"
    "Fish are not biting," Thag shot back, forming his hands into fists. "Ayla thinks easy, Ayla catches fish," He growled at her. That was all she needed. In a blind moment of frustration, she snatched up his fishing stick and took off toward the river. He watched, with quiet awe as she did so, taken aback by her unabashed spirit. She had been looking to please, but he realized, suddenly, that his anger had destroyed that.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-52-58nbspPM_zpsg7ptxgwf.png

He let out a long breath, leaning over to stare at the soft earth, where her footprints remained. She was dangerous, he could see that. In a man, her fire would have been respectable, but in a woman it was very dangerous. His reputation could be damaged, but somehow he didn't care. Thag had never cared for the opinions of others. He knew he should be angry, but instead found himself intrigued. Had she gotten away with such an attitude in her tribe, or was this why she was so soon given to him? She made him a fool, and yet he hardly minded. He knew, however, that he couldn't allow her in on that little secret.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-53-29nbspPM_zpssdhdzfbg.png

He stood and collected her craft from the large, flat boulder and disposed of it, hoping she would not challenge him on this matter again. He could not have her overruling him despite his amusement with the oddity of her spirit. He would have words with her when she returned.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-53-58nbspPM_zpsql6rzaoe.png

Down by the river, Ayla angrily had casted her first line, having attached a small berry to the rudimentary hook. She watched the water with determination, "Thag judges Ayla," She scoffed, "Thag is sorry man," She was nearly so caught up in her thoughts that she did not notice the line twitching. She let out a joyous gasp as she realized she had caught her first fish. It was tiny, but it was better than starving. She threw the line back out, "Ayla shows Thag, Ayla not let Thag starve," She thought to herself proudly.

[img][/img]03-17-16_9-54-42nbspPM_zpsxuuko8xg.png

It was night when Ayla returned, and as she settled by the recently lit fire to cook what she had earlier caught, Thag watched her. After a moment, he came forward, taking his seat by her. "Ayla is fool," Thag stated, taking on a stern expression, "Ayla challenges Thag," She looked up at him, knowing fully what she had done, but she had not felt the full remorse of it until then. Something about his silent fury touched her, and drew out the fault in her. She said nothing in return, but this only angered him further. "Ayla listens to Thag!" He shouted, and she jumped, eyes wide.

[img][/img]03-17-16_10-01-34nbspPM_zpstse6iofm.png

"Yes," She nodded, gesturing quickly, "Ayla listens to Thag," She bowed her head, offering him the fish she had caught him. Despite his anger, he accepted it, chuckled at its meek size, and with no further words, they finally shared their first meal as both mates and as Clan Tor.

[img][/img]03-17-16_10-02-01nbspPM_zpsznvzr3fv.png
    So, there's Chapter One! As I post each chapter, I'll be giving updates on what's going on with the challenge so that everyone has an idea as to what's going on. I'm also considering posting a little character profile on each character after their death ( :( ) to kind of sum up who they were and what they accomplished in their time. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy, and I strongly recommend trying out the History Challenge, I've really enjoyed it so far. And, please, please let me know what you guys think!
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    Same here!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Awesome, I've always been intrigued by the challenge and wished there were some stories about it. Love the way you've approached this, the way Ayla and Thag express themselves is spot on! Not to mention that they are beautiful sims! Also, kudos for making their surroundings and clothes so period appropriate. Love it all!
    edited March 2016
    @Julyvee @CathyTea - I'm so glad you guys like it! :) Thank you!
    @ThePlumbob - Before I started this challenge, I tried to find some Legacy stories, as well, and there are a few out there, but I really wanted a story-story, not just progress pictures. So, I decided why not? And, of course, I wanted to go all the way with it, so finding a bunch of CC to fit was a fun adventure for me. Of course, it'll all evolve as the story progresses (I may have to bend some of the rules of the challenge to show that progression), the speech, names, surname, etc. I couldn't quite get rid of everything not period-appropriate, of course, I.E. the houses and such in the background, but I plan on trying to work it into the story a little. We'll see! Thanks for reading! :)
    Post edited by OtterlyRidiculous on
    Hystoria - Chapter Two: A Little Fish Goes a Long Way

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-22-09nbspAM_zpsyonyyvjf.png

The next day, Ayla did not rise until the sun had come up and the birds were softly chirping, beckoning her from her tent. She rose uncertainly, afraid that Thag may have dwelled on the events of the day before and found her more guilty than he already had. It was not uncommon for a woman to be stricken when out of line, and she was far out of line. But, once she stepped outside, she found the camp was yet again empty.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-22-25nbspAM_zpsks2alcn0.png

"Thag is fishing," She thought, hopeful that this time he would return with food, as she was still hungry from the lack thereof. She took in a deep breath of air, stretched, then began her new daily routine of gathering more for her garden and for the prosperity of Clan Tor.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-25-37nbspAM_zps3ybvygyf.png

Thag, on the other hand, was not at all starting a new daily routine but continuing an old one. He was out fishing, and though hours had passed before he made his first catch, and felt proud, for it was no small fish.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-35-45nbspAM_zpscrybewm5.png

Ayla, on the other hand, had gathered much that day, and had now started a large, thriving garden of much variety. She now had not just snapdragons, but lilies, onions, strawberries, and basil. Soon she would add varieties of fruit trees, which were scattered around the area, and was excited to grow her collection.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-36-46nbspAM_zps8ieuofga.png

But, just as she had the day before, she found herself with a great deal of time on her hands. Much carefully this time, she started another project, unable to help herself. Working diligently, she was able to finish it before Thag's return. In fact, it was rather late and he should have returned.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-45-32nbspAM_zpsnqg66zja.png

She found herself weak with hunger, and the fear for his return was suddenly transformed to longing. She was tempted to steal away to the river again, just in case he returned with nothing, but could not insult him again in that way. She waited, instead, by the hearth until standing was taxing, and retired to her tent.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-46-21nbspAM_zpsfmiielae.png

Not long afterward, Thag had disappointedly returned with his single fish, and his return roused Ayla and brought her forth.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-46-52nbspAM_zpsu4kyyapz.png

"Thag returns," She exclaimed excitedly, but when her eyes caught sight of the lone catch, her face fell.
    Thag silently seated himself and began to roast the fish. He could not meet her eyes, and felt horribly shamed at his own incompetence, but wished to test her temper. He usually caught many fish, but it seemed like they had all disappeared upon Ayla's arrival. She watched him with disbelief for a moment before turning and slowly beginning to walk away.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-47-27nbspAM_zps4cn0lugp.png

His gaze followed her, and he wanted to call out and tell her he was sorry, but he dared not. Instead, her cleared his throat to catch her attention, and gestured that she sit with him. She did as demanded, biting her tongue to avoid further conflict.
    "Ayla gardened," He said flatly, trying not to let his own shame to come out as anger or dissatisfaction.
    She nodded, "Ayla gardened." She struggled to remain civil, glancing to his slightly browned fish with hunger. She quickly looked away, offering a gentle smile. She had no strength to fight with him today, she had done her share of work, and was exhausted.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-48-12nbspAM_zpsea3cd3g9.png

Her heart skipped a beat, however, as his gaze suspiciously shifted to the large stone slab, where several shavings of wood had been left. She 🐸🐸🐸🐸 herself for her lack of care, biting her lip. She said nothing, and he in turn replied with the same, raising a brow as his gaze shifted toward her.
    She quickly held her hands outstretched as if to warm herself, trying desperately not to give her guilt away. It was better that he had not brought her fish; she did not deserve it now that he most likely knew what she had done.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-48-30nbspAM_zpswdx7iruy.png

But, he did not raise his voice. He did not even seem angry, but rather apologetic. He stood, scraping the fish onto a rounded stone slab, and leaned down as he softly spoke, "For Ayla," He gestured toward her, "Thag is learning,"
    She was astounded, unsure what to say, but she gratefully accepted, thinking that perhaps she had wrongly judged him. "Ayla thanks Thag," She uttered, fist over her chest in respect. She ate quickly and neatly, and once she was done felt much better than she had before.

[img][/img]03-18-16_10-49-14nbspAM_zpsyzneec8w.png

Seeing her empty slab, Thag took it from her and gestured to her tent, "Ayla rests," he instructed, smothering the fire, "Thag learns, Thag does better," She simply nodded, and walked contemplatively to her tent. Before entering, she looked back at him once last time, catching his eye, and offering a smile. Perhaps her life here would not be quite so awful as she had thought.

[img][/img]03-17-16_10-03-59nbspPM_zpsatne8d8j.png
    No points have yet been earned by Ayla and Thag, but his fishing skill is increasingly and he's actually catching stuff now (Yay!), and Ayla's happily been gardening away. She's also been leveling her handiness skill. They seem to be getting along alright, now, and Thag's disappointment in Ayla has lessened. I was kind of shocked when he put the plate down (he'd already eaten half), but was touched. They practically wrote this chapter themselves, though it was kind of short. I've been changing the appearance of townies as I see them, but they've been pretty few and far between so far, and mostly female, which is disappointing because Ayla has to have at least 5 babies with 5 different men. :neutral: That should be fun.
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Nice! Really like the setting, and the sims seem interesting. :) "Ayla does not want offense", aww, I don't know why, but I thought it sounded so adorable.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
    @Lightfield I'm glad you like it. ^^ And, I'm glad you find Ayla adorable. :P
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    Awww I am sure they will get used to each other. I wonder what ayla crafted though. Their speech is so appropriate for their era btw well done :)
  • Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    edited March 2016
    I am in love with this!

I don’t think it was short. It was perfect!
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Zoey95Zoey95 Posts: 1,549 Member
    I love the beginning to your challenge. I'm looking forward to seeing more chapters. This is a fun challenge to play and write for :smile:
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Wonderful story! I'm hooked! Keep it up!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    Hystoria - Chapter Three: Dazed

[img][/img]03-18-16_4-47-13nbspPM_zpslygkxuhy.png

Ayla rose early the next morning, before the sun had even come out, finding that she could not sleep. She was reminded of when she was a child; she would lay on the soft grass and watch as light overtook the night sky. Thag was not yet up, she could just barely make out his sleeping form in the other tent, and did not want to wake him. As it often did with Ayla, temptation took over, and she laid down, turning her gaze upward to behold the stars.

[img][/img]03-18-16_4-48-14nbspPM_zps9cx2jf8k.png

It was while she was in this state, dreamy-eyed from nostalgia and allowing her imaginative mind to wander, that Thag found her. He was silent as he always was, emerging from his shelter, and did not want to disturb her there. He watched her quietly, the stars in her eyes, lying there as if that was what she were meant to do. An odd feeling started to warm his heart, one he had never felt before. He found it unnerving, emasculating, weakening, and utterly wonderful. He could bare it no longer.

[img][/img]03-18-16_4-49-07nbspPM_zpsely6eciy.png

"Ayla," He said at last, startling her (as he always seemed to), and causing her to rise. She walked over to him, looking up with large, warm eyes through thick lashes, and he found himself in no better position. "Ayla rests peaceful?" He asked huskily, warmed quite oddly by her nearness.
    "Ayla rests peaceful," She responded, turning her gaze to the land before them. It all seemed so much bigger to them both, though for quite different reasons. Thag felt dizzy, not physically, but he could not comprehend the change. He must be ill, he thought, and left in a sudden hurry with no more words. Ayla was baffled, but did not stop him, and took one more glance at the quickly brightening sky before turning to her work.
    The day had grown late when Ayla was surprised by a strange visitor, a blonde haired man she had never before seen. She greeted him with respect, seeing that his clothing indicated he was from another tribe, perhaps present to trade. She balled a fist over her chest in respect, and bowed her head, coming forward.
    The man took once glance around and held an ugly sneer, "Alone?" He grunted, taking note that no men lingered around the camp. He seemed angry, but Ayla couldn't quite tell if it was something she did.
    "Ayla is alone," She signed back, not yet seeing the menace in her current situation, "What is wrong?".
    "Ayla takes Kenney to tent," He gestured to her shelter.

[img][/img]03-18-16_5-00-37nbspPM_zpsaxzhdyyt.png

She froze, shaking her head, "Ayla has mate," She began to step backward. She was aware of her custom in that moment, but not prepared. She was hardly comfortable with Thag, let alone some strange, demanding man. She was not ready. The man advanced on her, and just as he rose his fists toward her, Thag had appeared quite suddenly behind them. In just a moment's time, he was upon the man, bringing him down to the dust. Ayla shouted in alarm, afraid that her mate would be beaten and she at the demands of him, the blonde-haired man.

[img][/img]03-18-16_5-02-46nbspPM_zpsu22mptx4.png

But, Thag was not weak. Though it was a great struggle, he had bloodied the man, thus signaling his defeat. Ayla was still rooted with shock, unsure if she should run and hide or stay to tend to Thag's wounds. She did not move. She wanted to see everything.

[img][/img]03-18-16_5-03-16nbspPM_zpsimsuqskv.png

"Leave," Thag growled at the man, giving a final shove. "Don't come back, or Thag kills," The man was quick to scurry off, taking quite the bloody nose with him. Thag turned toward Ayla, who held a look of worry and fright on her face that drove a spearhead through Thag's heart. He walked toward her with a sense of sudden purpose he felt he had absolutely no control over.
    "Thag is hurt," She said softly, prepared for him to stop in front of her and collapse, but he did not. The adrenalin still pumped through his veins.
    Instead, he quite suddenly took her in his arms,

[img][/img]03-18-16_5-11-32nbspPM_zpsqntk5jks.png

brought her face close to his, whispered as if in a trance, "Ayla is safe,"

[img][/img]03-18-16_5-07-37nbspPM_zpsetvbg6hy.png

and pressed his lips passionately to hers.

[img][/img]03-18-16_5-52-08nbspPM_zps93gnsmyd.png

Ayla pulled away from him, but not in the manner he had feared she would.

[img][/img]03-18-16_5-12-18nbspPM_zps5xinvg9x.png

Her lips did not leave his, but she did lead him elsewhere, despite both of their better judgement.

[img][/img]03-18-16_5-12-46nbspPM_zpsbrupskbh.png

They had only laid together in a brief moment of silence before guilt had overwhelmed Thag, and far too quickly, he left Ayla for his own tent, filled with remorse for what he had done. He had disrespected her, taken advantage. She could not have refused him if he did not give her the choice, it was her duty to please him. She would obey that duty even if she didn't want to. He surely forced her into something she was not ready for, and he would never be forgiven for his foolish passions.

[img][/img]03-18-16_5-13-58nbspPM_zpsbw6bzjxq.png

But, Ayla could only watch him go, not feeling guilt, but sadness and betrayal. He had used her, it seemed. All he had wanted to do was mark his territory, and she had confused it for passion, for something bigger than the both of them. "Stupid," She grunted to herself, diving back into her tent and hiding from the world, feeling quite alone in her embarrassment, even though she was not.

I apologize in the delay with getting this chapter out, I've been having some trouble with my internet, but, finally, here it is! Still no points earned, of course, as it is still early in the game, but they're definitely working on it! ;) Enjoy!
    Here's hoping for a little one! I want those two to love each other! <3
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Julyvee94Julyvee94 Posts: 6,694 Member
    awww so much misunderstandings. Hope they find each other soon <3
    Awwwww, poor girl. But yay for progress?
    forum_final.png

This is so addicting. I hope they'll eventually learn to understand each other better and clear up their missunderstandings, though I have a feeling it may take a while.

I'm really excited to see how you'll handle the transitions between the different eras - that was the main thing I wasn't sure of when I contemplated doing this challenge and writing about it. You've been portraying the period so well I bet you'll somehow manage to do it really smoothly! I really admire tour work! :)
    @pammiechick They have a very special relationship of their own making. But, Thag's a Hot-Headed sim and he lets his own silliness get in the way!
    @Julyvee94 They do fight a lot in-game. :# But, they go back and forth. Thag will be silly, and then he'll apologize and they'll chat about llamas. I swear I've never had such lively, odd sims, but then I also fear I simply haven't been giving them enough independence. I'm glad they don't hate each other, at least! ^^
    @Jes2G Yes, yay for progress! It's going to take a lot of that to reach our goal, I'm just glad Ayla's up for it, lol!
    @ThePlumbob I'm so so glad you like it so much! The transitions are going to be a bit hard, but I do have some ideas. I may bend some rules just a teeny bit, or delay the period-switch in order to make it all make as much sense as sims do. But.. It'll certainly be interesting!

Thank you so much to everyone for all the nice comments! I'm glad you guys are enjoying! :smiley: It makes my day to get all these comments.
    edited March 2016
    For some reason, I’ve been thinking about the following passage on and off today, so congrats for making this stay with me! lol It confuses me, but not because it wasn’t written well because it was. I feel like there are so many things to read in between the lines here, and that’s the part that’s most intriguing. Walk with me…

“Her lips did not leave his, but she did lead him elsewhere, despite both of their better judgement.”

So, I read this, and it sounds like although he kissed her, it was her idea to, ummm…escalate the situation.

“They had only laid together in a brief moment of silence before guilt had overwhelmed That, and far too quickly, he left Ayla for his own tent, filled with remorse for what he had done. He had disrespected her, taken advantage."

I kinda get it. She started it, but ok. I can get behind this because I suppose he didn’t have to go with it.

"She could not have refused him if he did not give her the choice, it was her duty to please him. She would obey that duty even if she didn’t want to.”

I get it. That’s the cultural aspect coming into play.

“He surely forced her into something she was not ready for, and he would never be forgiven for his foolish passions.”

I can see how he would think this.

"But, Ayla could only watch him go, not feeling guilt, but sadness and betrayal. He had used her, it seemed. All he had wanted to do was mark his territory, and she had confused it for passion, for something bigger than the both of them. “plum,” She grunted to herself, diving back into her tent and hiding from the world, feeling quite alone in her embarrassment, even though she was not."

At first my reaction was “WHAT?! How are you going to lead the man into your tent but get mad and feel like he used you?” lol But, after thinking about it some more, I saw it differently. Maybe she felt like because he left so abruptly and didn’t linger with her, she assumed that meant he only wanted to “get some” and that he didn’t care (especially after his gallant act a few minutes before).

Can’t wait to see what happens next!!
    forum_final.png

edited March 2016
    @Jes2G I felt the same way at first until I thought a bit deeper...I think you're right--she felt slighted by him leaving her. Like he got his jollies now he's done with her. I'm looking forward to them figuring their misunderstanding.
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    @Jes2G I felt the same way at first until I thought a bit deeper...I think you're right--she felt slighted by him leaving her. Like he got his jollies now he's done with her. I'm looking forward to them figuring their misunderstanding.

Yeah! I’m looking forward to it too because it’s not like they’re going to be able to have a real conversation about it, ya know? “Yeah…so, about yesterday…” Nope! LOL Can’t wait to see how otterly brings this all together!
    forum_final.png

@Jes2G Yeah it's a beautiful irony, he felt like he'd used her so he left... Which made her feel like he used her. Lol! A misunderstanding at its finest :)
    edited March 2016
    @Jes2G @pammiechick @ThePlumbob Yes! That's it exactly. I hope I didn't make that all too confusing, although it was intended to be a little fast, as I was hoping to show that both Ayla and Thag, who are both still young and rash, got caught up in a moment. Ayla was frightened by what might have happened and Thag was both a little wound up and very possessive of Ayla because of his budding feelings for her. I like to think that the Hot-Headed trait also breeds jealousy. Both parties are guilty, but neither were being very rational. They got swept up in the moment, if I may be so cliche. Thag felt guilty because he initiated it, and Ayla felt betrayed because he had left immediately after. As pammiechick put it, Like he got his jollies now he's done with her.
    I'm editing and updating chapter 4 right now, so it'll be up today. ^^