Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Those Who Are Waiting, It's Here!

Comments

• Options
    Chimp2678Chimp2678 Posts: 4,072 Member
    ctroihd1 wrote: »
    Jasmine isn't a very nice person, at least in my game. Well, she seemed nice and happy to give me info and the fruit and fertilizer. But her traits are Evil, Snob, and Hates Children! Anyone else check her out in CAS?

[img][/img]dq24ra.png

Ok, sneaky Gurus! I can't show you. Wonder if it changes each time you go in... Hmmm... And after I went into CAS for her, it sent me to my house, not the Sim by her. But don't know if that is normal.

STRANGE!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Wait we can't buy any Growfruit seeds after the challenge? What's the point of keeping the fruit then?
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Wait we can't buy any Growfruit seeds after the challenge? What's the point of keeping the fruit then?

The same point has this challenge.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

The same point has this challenge.

>:);)

• Options
    husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    I dont get what are we challanging
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• Options
    LukeLuke Posts: 642 Member
    So what are growfruit exactly? Like, what's the point? Why now? I've already stated that I like the idea of having more NPC's (even if temporarily) in the game, but I'm wondering what growfruit actually is.

Jasmine also looks like a social worker.
    Origin ID: Derpiez
  • Options
    ChambersNChambersN Posts: 227 Member
    This patch is plum. Only thing I MIGHT do is do the growfruit, other then that, nothing really good ..kinda disappointed
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Luke wrote: »
    So what are growfruit exactly? Like, what's the point? Why now? I've already stated that I like the idea of having more NPC's (even if temporarily) in the game, but I'm wondering what growfruit actually is.

Jasmine also looks like a social worker.

Growfruit is a fruit....and..thats it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    This patch is plum. Only thing I MIGHT do is do the growfruit, other then that, nothing really good ..kinda disappointed

The thing that got me exited in this patch is the fact that sims can now read books until the end and when sims sleep in tents the 3 speed goes as fast as when sims are in beds....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    GaiaPumaGaiaPuma Posts: 2,278 Member
    I just have one doubt. If is only so small how come my patch was more than 800 Mb of content?

I mean an NPC, her clothes, a tree with produce (we already have mods of trees so we can know the size of the file) and the eggs script back and the planters can't be 800 Mb, no way. Sps are much smaller compared to this patch.

Only me had such a big patch size?

Also @pandie00 you should ask @SimGuruRusskii she coordinates translation side of things I guess?
  • Options
    GaiaPuma wrote: »
    I just have one doubt. If is only so small how come my patch was more than 800 Mb of content?

I mean an NPC, her clothes, a tree with produce (we already have mods of trees so we can know the size of the file) and the eggs script back and the planters can't be 800 Mb, no way. Sps are much smaller compared to this patch.

Also @pandie00 you should ask @SimGuruRusskii she coordinates translation side of things I guess?

I only downloaded 100 something mb but Origin went through what it seemed like a brief checkout or something for 800 mb.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    applicannotapplicannot Posts: 1 New Member
    > @GaiaPuma said:
    > I just have one doubt. If is only so small how come my patch was more than 800 Mb of content?
    >
    > I mean an NPC, her clothes, a tree with produce (we already have mods of trees so we can know the size of the file) and the eggs script back and the planters can't be 800 Mb, no way. Sps are much smaller compared to this patch.
    >
    > Only me had such a big patch size?
    >
    > Also @pandie00 you should ask @SimGuruRusskii she coordinates translation side of things I guess?

When I played GW2 there was always someone who would data mine the patches and find interesting stuff for the next release. I suspect there's some code in this release that preps for the next one, be it a free patch, game pack, or what have you. It's pretty common to land some changes that aren't finished in the previous patch. If anyone knows how to data mine the patch, I bet we'd find some interesting nuggets in that 800mb.
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    GaiaPuma wrote: »

I'm really scared this will cause longer loading screens. But maybe it's temporary, and will go away once the mini-game has ended. Too bad I can't "opt out" of these challenges.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I did not expect much from the patch anyway so I am not disappointed. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    How long does Jasmine take to show up?

• Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I'm glad that my sims will finally finish the book they were reading. However, I was really hoping this patch would snuff out that aggravating, "Sit down before putting something away" bug. It's so irritating to watch my sim walk through the kitchen, sit down in the living room, and then get back up to put the white cake she just made into the refrigerator. It makes foodie clubs very annoying because the host will do the "grab dish, sit down, then get up and place dish in fridge" for EACH dish on the counter! It's ridiculous!
  • Options
    pandie00pandie00 Posts: 590 Member
    edited March 2016
    pandie00 wrote: »
    I wonder who translates this game to brazilian... in my game its called "Plantafruta" that translated by the letter is fruitplant... I read that was "growfruit" something related with "growth" :|

"Plantafruta" do verbo "plantar" e não "Frutacresce" ou "Crescefruta" que soa um bocado mal mas seria assim se traduzido à letra. BTW you mean "portuguese from brazil" not brazillian.

@Sigzy05 "Plantafruta" Não vem do verbo plantar se não seria "planta uma fruta". Aquilo está como um substantivo!!! Poderia ser fruta do crescimento.. ou "fruta da prosperidade" Nunca disse que gostaria de ver traduzido à letra, aliás, nem deve ser! (sorry guys its hard to translate portuguese grammar, and its just to reply to Sigzy05) and yeah you're right about portuguese brazilian
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” - Will Wright.

12-01-2017 <3
    Rebuilding Genetics Family Tree

My Tumblr : pandie4sims.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    @applicannot @Sigzy05 true, it started mentioning 800Mb but then was much faster than 800, but what would be checking? I checked the spotlight updated in s4pe didn't find anything, but I have no idea what else to check. Lets hope somebody on modthesims or simsvip or simscommunity or zerbu finds something XD
  • Options
    @imhappy I think it won't cause more lag. :)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Looking at the growfruit and what it says when you hover over it ... it says it makes a tasty treat, a great fertilizer and a superb ingredient... not sure if that means the fertilizer level will be much higher or say as high as what the sim can concoct with herbalism or even fish level ... but it will be interesting to find out.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    I wonder who translates this game to brazilian... in my game its called "Plantafruta" that translated by the letter is fruitplant... I read that was "growfruit" something related with "growth" :|

"Plantafruta" do verbo "plantar" e não "Frutacresce" ou "Crescefruta" que soa um bocado mal mas seria assim se traduzido à letra. BTW you mean "portuguese from brazil" not brazillian.

@Sigzy05 "Plantafruta" Não vem do verbo plantar se não seria "planta uma fruta". Aquilo está como um substantivo!!! Poderia ser fruta do crescimento.. ou "fruta da prosperidade" Nunca disse que gostaria de ver traduzido à letra, aliás, nem deve ser! (sorry guys its hard to translate portuguese grammar, and its just to reply to Sigzy05) and yeah you're right about portuguese brazilian

@pandie00 "planta", verbo plantar no modo declarativo. "Planta a fruta!", pelo menos é o que eu entendo. Either way I have my game in english so...XD I always have my games in english, I'd prefer if there was even an option for UK english but there isn't for TS4 so... :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    MocaJavaMocaJava Posts: 1,392 Member
    For those of you not opposed to mods, there is a mod solution for the 'sitting down before putting things away' bug. The mod is here http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=540356. Not updated for the patch but it may not need to be as the creator notes nothing needed to be changed for the February patch. I use it and it works really well.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    mrnhmath wrote: »
    • Gallery uploads that are using custom thumbnails will now be marked as custom content.

Plum. Just plum.

My thoughts exactly... :|
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    Looking at the growfruit and what it says when you hover over it ... it says it makes a tasty treat, a great fertilizer and a superb ingredient... not sure if that means the fertilizer level will be much higher or say as high as what the sim can concoct with herbalism or even fish level ... but it will be interesting to find out.

The fruit says it's a tasty meal but it doesn't give any special moodlets...
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1