Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I entered the dark side...

Yesterday I decided to play with CC for the first time in TS4 :D. Only Buy Mode stuff though.

My Sims needed objects from IKEA and now their houses looks much better. I had only planned to download two sets and now my Mods folder has 23 folders! :#.

Now I love doing "CC Shopping", is like searching AutoCAD or SketchUp blocks on the internet, but better.

But I have some questions:
1. How I can change the thumbnails to match with the game?
2. How I can edit the description of objects?, I will not delete the name of the creators, I just want to translate the descriptions to my language.
SWB%2BBanner%2BForums.png

♦ Origin ID: joseiloaizach
♦ Blog: simwillbuild.blogspot.com
♦ Twitter: twitter.com/SimWillBuild

Comments

• FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Welcome to the dark side! We have CC!

For both your questions, my best answer would be Sims 4 Studio. You are able to change the description from there, I know that you can also edit the thumbnails, but I think it would be better to check their forum for help :tongue:

Hope you are able to figure it out :)
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Saga-MinxSaga-Minx Posts: 580 Member
    CC can be very addictive!
    I have two folders, one for my cc game and one vanilla, but I play mostly vanilla now.
    I was downloading more cc then playing, so I put myself on a rehab program, no more cc for a couple of months ;)
  • joseiloaizachjoseiloaizach Posts: 298 Member
    Welcome to the dark side! We have CC!

For both your questions, my best answer would be Sims 4 Studio. You are able to change the description from there, I know that you can also edit the thumbnails, but I think it would be better to check their forum for help :tongue:

Hope you are able to figure it out :)

Thank you! :).
    Kaantje wrote: »
    CC can be very addictive!
    I have two folders, one for my cc game and one vanilla, but I play mostly vanilla now.
    I was downloading more cc then playing, so I put myself on a rehab program, no more cc for a couple of months ;)

Haha, it took me about two hours to find, download and organize everything :D. I did not even had time to play, I just entered a lot to see all the objects and went to sleep.

• greenmorekgreenmorek Posts: 63 Member
    Wow 23 folders! Same thing happened to me!
    nOw9z6f.gif
  • TuiamaiTuiamai Posts: 49 Member
    Oh where did you find Ikea stuff? I might take that step too.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    I've managed to only download objects for my retail lots but yesterday I stumbled across All About Style and I'm seriously considering grabbing some of her lovely designs.
    Tuiamai wrote: »
    Oh where did you find Ikea stuff? I might take that step too.

I don't know if I can post links here, but most of the objects I downloaded are from Veranka's Tumblr (I love it). I also downloaded 3 sets on the Around The Sims 4 page, and a chair on linacherie's Tumblr.

Just type on Google the name of those pages followed by "IKEA" and you will find them :).

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited March 2016
    The best way to find CC for the sims 4 is mysims4blog.blogspot.com
    But you can also check out modthesims.info or tumblr. ;)
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Well, do show us your new Ikea home!

I have been on a few download sprees, used things for a short while and then changed my mind! Then everything gets deleted lol.

I was a cc addict for TS2, I would have regular 'shopping' sprees and had tons of stuff. I still have all my favourite most-used items backed up onto an external hard drive as a lot of the things are very hard to find again these days. So, if you ever find something you just can't live without, I would advise backing it up!

For TS4, does buy mode stuff, clothing etc need to be updated when patches are released? Or is that just mods?
  • TuiamaiTuiamai Posts: 49 Member
    Thank you @joseiloaizach and @Aine (tried this @ thing first time, let's see if it works - hm it doesn't, may be cause I'm not a member yet)
    For TS4, does buy mode stuff, clothing etc need to be updated when patches are released? Or is that just mods?

I wonder this too.

I also want to know if I can rename package files and make subfolders in the Mods folder (e.g. Mods / Veranka / IKEA Set)

• KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I've been playing with CC and mods since the start of Sims 4. It is an addiction, I tell you! I think it's one of the reasons I don't give up Sims 4, despite not being totally satisfied with it. I need an excuse to hoard collect!
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Mizz_Creative48Mizz_Creative48 Posts: 1,044 Member
    I constantly download cc and mods for the game too and I think I spend more time doing that than playing the game.
  • MemoriiValentineMemoriiValentine Posts: 1,911 Member
    I constantly download cc and mods for the game too and I think I spend more time doing that than playing the game.

I did that for a long time .i even got cc for the game when I wasn't planning on playing it that day or anytime soon.it is a problem! >:)
    Happy Simming!♥
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Where did you get ikea stuff from??? Haha im a cc addict
    21mbz47.jpg
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    Where did you get ikea stuff from??? Haha im a cc addict

Read my comment above :).

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I've managed to only download objects for my retail lots but yesterday I stumbled across All About Style and I'm seriously considering grabbing some of her lovely designs.
    oh I remember always getting stuff from there for sims2. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Tuiamai wrote: »
    Thank you @joseiloaizach and @Aine (tried this @ thing first time, let's see if it works - hm it doesn't, may be cause I'm not a member yet)
    I still got a notification, and you're welcome. :smiley:

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    The dark side is fun. It's the best place for me to find piercings, especially facial piercings, tattoos, and more hairs/hair colors, all of which tend to get pretty lacking in this game (hair styles aren't too bad, though).

I've always enjoyed CC in these games, and CC "shopping" is always fun when you find new things to use.
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    cc house(lot) is a dark side too. :(
    There are too many amazing house >.>
    My another home --> http://sims4updates.net/
  • SimsLovinLycanSimsLovinLycan Posts: 1,910 Member
    edited March 2016
    I just started using CC too not too long ago. Mainly because even though I plan to buy official expansion content in the future, my budget's been tight...but I needed new male hair styles so, so, so, so badly! Then, I found this awesome Megaman baseball Tee on Mod the Sims, then some cool wallpapers, conversions for my two favorite dresses from TS2...Oh, and did I mention I made a few things too? Yeah. A matching set of wallpaper and flooring that gives the illusion of floating in space, some T-shirts with some of my creature designs on them, a few female-to-male hair conversions, and an edit of that one helmet-like curly male hair style from the base game to make it look like a proper haircut with bangs.

What? Making CC was always my favorite part of TS2. That's why I always had so much fun, even when all I had was the base game...And, now I just figured out why a BodyShop utility probably wasn't part of the package with TS4... :*
    There is a song I hear, a melody from the past...
    5MNZlGQ.gif
    When I woke for the first time, when I slept for the last.