Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to roll back your save

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    edited March 2016
    @gameplay9098 You can use any number or letter that isn't already in your saves folder, if you've already used "a" :)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • gameplay9098gameplay9098 Posts: 7,895 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @gameplay9098 You can use any number or letter that isn't already in your saves folder, if you've already used "a" :)

THank you Thank you THank you Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    TS4_x64_2019-06-08_14-58-15_copy.png?width=400&height=203
    Everywhere i go
    I feel the hearts beating
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @gameplay9098 You can use any number or letter that isn't already in your saves folder, if you've already used "a" :)

THank you Thank you THank you Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooo muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Good luck :) I had to do this just two days ago after accidentally leaving aging on in a new save I'd moved all my old Sims into!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    It didn't work
    Everywhere i go
    It didn't work

So sorry :( Sometimes if you've saved a lot, the version you need just isn't there anymore. The game only saves backward 5 steps.
    WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
    Everywhere i go
    i didn't save any lot due my game don't let me save any lot
    Everywhere i go
  • Sasquatch_01Sasquatch_01 Posts: 538 Member
    A note for those to tend to buy every expansion and use the most common script mods, its a good idea to get in the habit of doing the following:
    • Archive the last save before update and label it as something along the lines of "The Sims 4 <Last version> - Final" just in case you need to roll back the installation or the conversion causes data loss.
    • Test your mods in a new file before returning to your regular save.
    • Export lots and households after every edit in case your neighborhood cannot be loaded.
    • Copy the content of "My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Saves" to a separate device after every major neighborhood update.
    • If you encounter a problem, avoid saving repeatedly since you will not be able to roll your data back after the fifth save unless you've copied your saves prior to testing.
  • HollowedHollowed Posts: 6 New Member
    Thanks a lot, this fixed my save!
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Thank you so mush @icmnfrsh for creating this post! I just needed to use it and I'm so happy it worked!

If we are happy with the saves once fixed can we delete the saves that we renamed with x?
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    Thank you so mush @icmnfrsh for creating this post! I just needed to use it and I'm so happy it worked!

If we are happy with the saves once fixed can we delete the saves that we renamed with x?

Sure. Nothing wrong with that. Just think of it as deleting an alternate timeline's existence. ;)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    Awesome, thank you :)
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
  • aiguceeaigucee Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi! I have the same problem. My friend made a mistake and saved her's family over mine. I tried everything, but nothing. Maybe you can help me in Skype or something. I have played with my family from first time (200 hours) and it would be nice if I can fix this.
  • aiguceeaigucee Posts: 2 New Member
    My files:
    Slot_00000003.save 04.06.2016. 12:15 SAVE FILE
    Slot_00000003.save.ver0 04.06.2016. 11:53 VER0 FILE
    Slot_00000003.save.ver1 31.03.2016. 22:20
    Slot_00000003.save.ver2 31.05.1016. 21:11

I need get back that file i saved 11:53! What I need to do?
    aigucee wrote: »
    My files:
    Slot_00000003.save 04.06.2016. 12:15 SAVE FILE
    Slot_00000003.save.ver0 04.06.2016. 11:53 VER0 FILE
    Slot_00000003.save.ver1 31.03.2016. 22:20
    Slot_00000003.save.ver2 31.05.1016. 21:11

I need get back that file i saved 11:53! What I need to do?

Rename Slot_00000003.save to something like Slot_00000003.savex. Then rename Slot_00000003.save.ver0 to Slot_00000003.save, removing the ver0. Then check if it's the correct save.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • TheetyPieTheetyPie Posts: 4 New Member
    I was trying to figure out why my game kept getting stuck on the loading screen after I tried to add some new mods, I took the Sims 4 folder out of the EA one and the game started like I'd never started it before. So I put the S4 folder back and my saves were missing. Now they're exactly where they were before, but even after doing everything on this thread, the floppy disk icon doesn't show up on my title screen. I've played 118 hours and I had 7-8 households. I really wish I knew why I can't get my saves back. :c
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    TheetyPie wrote: »
    I was trying to figure out why my game kept getting stuck on the loading screen after I tried to add some new mods, I took the Sims 4 folder out of the EA one and the game started like I'd never started it before. So I put the S4 folder back and my saves were missing. Now they're exactly where they were before, but even after doing everything on this thread, the floppy disk icon doesn't show up on my title screen. I've played 118 hours and I had 7-8 households. I really wish I knew why I can't get my saves back. :c

Hello @TheetyPie .
    Try starting a new save game file. Play for a little while, then save the game. Come completely out of the game. Then go back into the game. The load button with the floppy disk symbol should be there then. Press the load button, and see if the rest of your save games are now there.
    @rosemow, I actually tried that last night, and the only saves showing up in-game were the autosave and the new game. I can try again, though, and get back to you if something changes. ;0; Thank you.
    edited July 2016
    @rosemow, I actually tried that last night, and the only saves showing up in-game were the autosave and the new game. I can try again, though, and get back to you if something changes. ;0; Thank you.

Hello @TheetyPie
    If you haven't already done this, try going to your save folder in Documents -Electronic Arts-Sims 4 folder and move the slot_00000001.save file. to your desktop. That is the autosave file, and it could be causing issues,
    Also move your mods folder to the desktop, to test the game without mods/cc.
    Then launch the game, press the load button and see if your save games are there then.
    @rosemow, I already had my mods folder empty before I started trying anything. My save files didn't show up even after I removed the autosave, but while the game was open, the scratch folder appeared. I looked inside it but didn't do anything to it, but I'm very confused and still very frustrated. But if there's anything else I can do, I'll try it. Thank you either way. ;3;
    @rosemow, I already had my mods folder empty before I started trying anything. My save files didn't show up even after I removed the autosave, but while the game was open, the scratch folder appeared. I looked inside it but didn't do anything to it, but I'm very confused and still very frustrated. But if there's anything else I can do, I'll try it. Thank you either way. ;3;

Hello
    The scratch folder only appears during the game. It is no longer there when coming out of the game.
    You have tried rolling back each of your save files, in the way posted in the first post of this thread and they still are not appearing? Try moving the saves folder to the desktop, then start the game and a new saves folder will be generated. Exit the game. Then test putting in one save game file, then test it. Then take it out again, and try another one. See if any of the save games appear.
    @rosemow, Oh my gosh, thank you! That worked when I put the first save file in. :D Now I know what I can do if it happens again.
    @rosemow, Oh my gosh, thank you! That worked when I put the first save file in. :D Now I know what I can do if it happens again.

You're welcome :) That is great!
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    You're a lifesaver! I booted up my game today to find that I had accidentally overwritten my main save, which has 750+ hours put into it, while drunk. I thought everything was lost until I had the idea to Google ways to revert saves and found this guide. I'm happy to report that I have everything back and have lost no progress on any of my saves.

Thank you again.
    You're a lifesaver! I booted up my game today to find that I had accidentally overwritten my main save, which has 750+ hours put into it, while drunk. I thought everything was lost until I had the idea to Google ways to revert saves and found this guide. I'm happy to report that I have everything back and have lost no progress on any of my saves.

Thank you again.

No problem. :)

And I know it's been weeks, but thank you, rosemow, for being your usual helpful self. :)