Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just realized how TS4 is better

Comments

• girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member

Why resist it? >:)
    I've embraced the Dark Side of THAT Force before -
    Langerak%20family%20tree_zpszbssicxj.png

My friend's game glitched and it allowed her adult daughter sim to marry her uncle. The game didn't even recognize her uncle as her uncle anymore. :open_mouth:
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    GITTE2001 wrote: »
    ... . I ignore the love letters a sim gets from his mother too.

This is probably going to cause one of those 'oooooooh of course why didn't I see that' reactions I'm so familiar with, but... what am I supposed to see *blush*
    5JZ57S6.png
  • EmperorDittoEmperorDitto Posts: 128 Member
    Is that from the vanilla version of the game or is it because of a mod?
  • GITTE2001GITTE2001 Posts: 2,638 Member
    JoAnne65 wrote: »

This is probably going to cause one of those 'oooooooh of course why didn't I see that' reactions I'm so familiar with, but... what am I supposed to see *blush*

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tilelicious#The_Langerak_home
    He has a relationship and children with his aunt.
  • Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    Traits also matter on TS4 but in a different way. If they have the romantic trait, they will get flirty every once in a while and being flirty gives you extra romantic interactions to do.
  • graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    graventhe wrote: »
    Relax guys! I love TS3! despite the lag every while in between the game is almost perfect, i'll always love TS3 when i first got it in 2009 i was so excited, it reminds me of beautiful memories <3
    But i just liked how the sims were and how they act before those updates that changed the sims behavior
    I DO NOT want my sim (who isn't even flirty or hopeless romantic) to accept flirts from just anyone, for exm, what if wanted him to be gay and not accept flirts from girls?
    I hope you get what i mean..
    Yes, I do. Which is why I'm surprised he accepted the flirting, that's not the way it's supposed to be (they should reject a flirting sim when they're not friends). What happened in your game is a strange glitch, not "Sims 3" (though there is a sad connection between strange glitches and Sims 3 unfortunately, but I believe Sims 4 is no different in that respect).

I really don't think it's a glitch, and for the one asking this is vanilla game, i do not have mods that change the game behavior, i only have no mosaic and CAS CCs you know, these doesn't matter
    EA increased the chance of sims accepting flirts from anyone, i noticed that with the latest patches of Sims 3 , unlike before it was harder to flirt or accept flirts, you need to be friends at least, i liked that.

http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Tilelicious#The_Langerak_home
    He has a relationship and children with his aunt.
    Ah, thanks :smiley:
    5JZ57S6.png
    Relax guys! I love TS3! despite the lag every while in between the game is almost perfect, i'll always love TS3 when i first got it in 2009 i was so excited, it reminds me of beautiful memories <3
    But i just liked how the sims were and how they act before those updates that changed the sims behavior
    I DO NOT want my sim (who isn't even flirty or hopeless romantic) to accept flirts from just anyone, for exm, what if wanted him to be gay and not accept flirts from girls?
    I hope you get what i mean..
    Yes, I do. Which is why I'm surprised he accepted the flirting, that's not the way it's supposed to be (they should reject a flirting sim when they're not friends). What happened in your game is a strange glitch, not "Sims 3" (though there is a sad connection between strange glitches and Sims 3 unfortunately, but I believe Sims 4 is no different in that respect).

I really don't think it's a glitch, and for the one asking this is vanilla game, i do not have mods that change the game behavior, i only have no mosaic and CAS CCs you know, these doesn't matter
    EA increased the chance of sims accepting flirts from anyone, i noticed that with the latest patches of Sims 3 , unlike before it was harder to flirt or accept flirts, you need to be friends at least, i liked that.
    But I can assure you the behaviour in your picture isn't frequently happening in my game.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    edited March 2016
    skm36 wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom, So very true! I have even, had sims get in line to slap the wayward cheating sim. :D At first, I was like take that! You cheating sucker! But then, after the 5th sim slapped him, I was like feeling sorry for him. He still had like 4 more sims waiting to slap him silly for cheating. :D

@skm36 Omg as soon as I read your post I saw a scene from my favorite movie in my head. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc
    I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • VixellaaVixellaa Posts: 13 New Member
    Am I the only one who has really never had a random Sim come up to me and flirt? Maybe because I rarely used the romantic traits?
  • MizbuttsMizbutts Posts: 53 Member
    I very much prefer Sims 3 to Sims 4. All they really need to do is add multitasking to Sims 3 and bam, you got a new game still.
    I've seen it happening to sims that are not in my household and I consider it a glitch.
    Like I said, Sims 3 is full of those unfortunately.
    (one of the reasons I still prefer Sims 3 is no multitasking; just me ordering them a bunch of things to do and they do it)
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I installed TS3 again with all the EPs, CC..etc after a year and a half of absence, of course regarding the lag every while in the game, that's not my point currently..
    So i made a new sim and moved him in a new little house, he's NOT flirty or hopeless romantic
    The neighbors that visited me to greet me in the town started flirting with me! And go as far as giving him flowers ! I feel if leave it alil more they may even kiss! WTH! but sadly my sim accepted even so they JUST MET

HOhC0zV.jpg

I have to admit sims 4 is way better in this one, people you just met don't immediately flirt with you.
    I mean i know my sim is hot but daaam :p

There are people like that IRL.

I don't think this is even a reason for TS4 to be better. Just seems like a stupid argument to me.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • dw4518dw4518 Posts: 263 Member
    i love the multitasking in TS4. aside from the severe lack of content in TS4 I pretty much love everything. If I had a criticism though, it's that TS4 is too.... happy? if that makes any sense :D
  • Moon_WillowMoon_Willow Posts: 732 Member
    Then again you can have this happen in the Sims 4.

inappropriate_zpsc1740c1e.png

Not to mention the incest bug
    tsNVdyA.png
    Gallery ID: Truet318, check out my latest builds on the gallery.

The Road goes ever on and on And I must follow, if I can,
    Until it joins some larger way,
    Where many paths and errands meet.
  • KatrinkuKatrinku Posts: 224 Member
    Good reason!
  • amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    I installed TS3 again with all the EPs, CC..etc after a year and a half of absence, of course regarding the lag every while in the game, that's not my point currently..
    So i made a new sim and moved him in a new little house, he's NOT flirty or hopeless romantic
    The neighbors that visited me to greet me in the town started flirting with me! And go as far as giving him flowers ! I feel if leave it alil more they may even kiss! WTH! but sadly my sim accepted even so they JUST MET

HOhC0zV.jpg

I have to admit sims 4 is way better in this one, people you just met don't immediately flirt with you.

I don't see where the problem is. It's great to see someone flirting with you at the first occasion. You should be happy about that especially if the flirty sim is good-looking as this beautiful blonde woman hitting on you. If you were hit by an elder, a teen or a married woman, that would be very strange if not saying creepy but that's not the case. If I would be a guy and a beautiful young woman comes hitting on me, I would go on definitely. If not, there's still the monastery available. haha

11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Whims are so broken in TS4....I can't even... This would never happen with wants/fears or with wishes.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Yeah I really don't want multi-tasking in TS3. At least not the way they implemented it in TS4. I feel like they came up with that system when the game was an online multiplayer social game, before they decided to turn it into an offline single player game.

IMO the way they implemented it makes it:

1) too difficult to get your sims to do what you want them to,

2) apparently makes it REALLY difficult for the devs to get NPCs to do what they are supposed to (retail employees that won't work, maids that won't clean, etc.), and

3) makes it challenging to add things for sims to carry - which is why things teleport into their hands or move by themselves, as well as why they didn't do Carryable babies and will likely never add toddlers.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • amyedwards1986amyedwards1986 Posts: 244 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Whims are so broken in TS4....I can't even... This would never happen with wants/fears or with wishes.

Eww That's really creepy.

11ay6ix.jpg

What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us -Helen Keller-
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I like both The Sims 4 and 3 :) But The Sims 4 has grown on me quite a lot. I like how teens can now live by themselves and also love the alien world Sixam :) !

The Sims 4 still lacks toddlers and a lot of content for me, but it's still a very good game I think :) I love how creative you can be with the CAS and Build Mode :)
    In my opinion The Sims 4 is a great game and is growing on me everytime something new is added :)

Matthew.
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    Yeah I really don't want multi-tasking in TS3. At least not the way they implemented it in TS4. I feel like they came up with that system when the game was an online multiplayer social game, before they decided to turn it into an offline single player game.

IMO the way they implemented it makes it:

1) too difficult to get your sims to do what you want them to,

2) apparently makes it REALLY difficult for the devs to get NPCs to do what they are supposed to (retail employees that won't work, maids that won't clean, etc.), and

3) makes it challenging to add things for sims to carry - which is why things teleport into their hands or move by themselves, as well as why they didn't do Carryable babies and will likely never add toddlers.

I agree. I just don't get the point of multi tasking in the way it was implemented in TS4. It seems to be one of those good in theory things. I have reasons for putting actions in the queue and to have them just drop out or be ignored isn't one of them. If I had to choose a Sim talking while doing the dishes and a Sim doing what I've queued up I'll go with the queue any time.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • skm36skm36 Posts: 2,754 Member
    edited March 2016
    skm36 wrote: »
    @Charlottesmom, So very true! I have even, had sims get in line to slap the wayward cheating sim. :D At first, I was like take that! You cheating sucker! But then, after the 5th sim slapped him, I was like feeling sorry for him. He still had like 4 more sims waiting to slap him silly for cheating. :D

@skm36 Omg as soon as I read your post I saw a scene from my favorite movie in my head. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0GW0Vnr9Yc

I'm curious to know, what movie it reminded you of? Never mind. I had a empty head moment. Duh! You posted a clip from the movie. Which I remember watching it, when it came out. :D You are so spot on! It so fits this scene from the movie. I need to go find some of my pictures I took of it happening in my game.
    j7zqrt.jpg
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member

HOhC0zV.jpg

I was just wondering if you ever saw this thread on the TS4 forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851615/sims-4-made-my-gay-sims-straight/p1

TS3 sims do not have a gender preference when they are first added to the game. They are neutral and can go either way. The player influences their preferences through actions in the game. If you keep having your sim flirt with guys, they will soon prefer guys and usually will reject flirts from females (and vice versa of course for gay female sims). But a sim fresh out of CAS can go either way.

I'm not sure whether TS4 even includes this system of setting gender preferences. They took out a ton of things in an effort to simplify the game as much as possible.
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member

HOhC0zV.jpg

I was just wondering if you ever saw this thread on the TS4 forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/851615/sims-4-made-my-gay-sims-straight/p1

TS3 sims do not have a gender preference when they are first added to the game. They are neutral and can go either way. The player influences their preferences through actions in the game. If you keep having your sim flirt with guys, they will soon prefer guys and usually will reject flirts from females (and vice versa of course for gay female sims). But a sim fresh out of CAS can go either way.

I'm not sure whether TS4 even includes this system of setting gender preferences. They took out a ton of things in an effort to simplify the game as much as possible.

I'm not completely sure it was always player influence. In TS3 I had made a female Sim and then provided a genie lamp. My intention was for her to make a genie appear and, hoping for a male genie, they would live happily ever after. Now this was a brand new Sim who had not interacted with another one or for that matter ever left her house. She made a genie appear and it was a female. My first thought was....oh well, try again....but the genie and my Sim immediately started flirting with each other so I just went with it and had a different happily ever after.

On the other side of the coin I had made a male Sim who I had planned to have a boy friend. It all turned out well but then he also started flirting with female Sims. To make what could be a long story shorter.....the Sim turned into a real dog. He had a live in boyfriend, another boyfriend on the side and 12 children living in various households around Sunset Valley. I might have chosen the "try for baby option" but I sure didn't make the wish to have a baby appear or even prod him into flirting with......well everyone.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright