The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    lisa17ann wrote: »
    @BuildnShare is there a lot size or can we pick?
    Pick whatever lot size you like @lisa17ann :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    "Camouflaged in some way or other"

Do you mean hidden? Or just not standing out as an Alien type of house...
    misscbong wrote: »
    "Camouflaged in some way or other"

Do you mean hidden? Or just not standing out as an Alien type of house...
    Not necessarily hidden @misscbong but blending in and not standing out too much :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • opod67opod67 Posts: 126 Member
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

CHALLENGE #: 39 Alien Encounters
    FORUM ID:Opod67
    ORIGIN ID: smens0067
    LEVEL: Established
    LOT: Modern Surprise
    LOT COST: $3,500
    BUILD COST: $71,345
    TOTAL COST: $74,845
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/880066/build-in-share-challenges-opod-showcase-thread?new=1
    ENTRY DETAILS: This house was designed for Donnell Indigo, a blue alien space pirate. He wanted a bachelor pad type house, that was somewhat disguised with a luxurious master suite and a hidden room for all his treasures. He also wants to be able to getaway quickly if needed. This house is located in the modern district in oasis springs, so the house has a modern design to better blend in. The treasure room is hidden in the basement with a two way access if he gets trapped. The house also has two accesses to outside for quick getaway and the loft has a door get outside if needed as well. Donnell will be able to use the hidden exit that is located in the house, down the basement, back up and outside. Enjoy!

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes Please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Pictures on Fireplace and picture in bathroom are by Mutske@TSR, Range above Stove is by NynaeveDesign, Cotton Swabs in bathroom are by SIMcredibledesigns.com
    hyqp8ny.png
    0Z2Hbc8.jpg
  • masajomasajo Posts: 6,000 Member
    edited March 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Xavier
    LOT COST: 2,000
    BUILD COST: 72,966
    TOTAL COST: 74,966
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/2fzZe
    ENTRY DETAILS: Modern bachelor pad with luxury bedroom and bathroom, loungy furniture and a treasure room in the basement. Hidden escape routes comprise the doors which look like windows and the build is camouflaged by gnarled oak trees.

SIM: N/A
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/387365BBE62611E5817A084593B40FFF?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

ZpmRQHj.png

dJcaYBu.jpg
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    If i am doing the house and room entry, do I have 15,000 just for the room or can it be used for the whole build
    @TwtyBrd0707 if you are creating the whole build the total budget is 75K. If you would like to create the treasure room as a separate issue the total cost for this is 15K for this room only :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    FORUM ID: twtybrd0707
    ORIGIN ID: twtybrd0707
    LOT: Cube https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/3CAC94CBEAF811E58D3AE64D760DCA28?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=twtybrd0707&max=50&maxis=false
    BUILD COST: 72,951
    TOTAL COST: 74,951
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/7jBJh
    ENTRY DETAILS: Home for Donnell Indigo
    “I’m looking for a place to live when I’m here. A bachelor’s pad. Something that’s comfortable with or without female company. But I want it to blend in. I don’t want something that’s going to stand out like a neon sign. I’d like comfortable, loungy furniture. A big masterpiece of a master bedroom and an equally luxurious master bath. I need a secure room in which to store my…souvenirs. And quick, discreet routes out of the house if someone does come snooping around.”

SIM: NA
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: NA
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: NA

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: MOO

SPACE FOR PICTURES: Rr83Ctc.png
    jQr2h3D.png
    edited March 2016
    Challenge #39 is now closed, #40 will be here soon :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    edited March 2016
    #40 - La Casa Dello Splendore

You let out an indulgent sigh of pleasure, sitting on the walk in front of your favorite cafe. In front of you is the remains of an amazing pasta dish and your preferred sparkling beverage. A soft breeze caresses your cheek, keeping the warmth of the sun from becoming too intense. There couldn’t be a better way to wait for a late appointment than this.

You are roused from your doze by a low female voice in an entrancing accent saying, “Mi scusi, Signora. Are you the architect?” You open your eyes to find a beautiful woman standing next to you. Deep red hair, so dark its almost burgundy, frames a face that could have been model for a statue in the Renaissance, set with a pair of large black eyes. Unlike most redheads you’ve seen, her skin is a delicate golden tan. She is dressed in a lovely, long shirt that looks as if someone has painted a watercolor garden across it, over a pair of snug embroidered jeans. Over her shoulder is a large purse in shades that compliment her shirt. She’s the kind of woman who looks like she should be trendsetting in Milan while wearing her most casual of clothing.

“I am. Its nice to meet you.” You hold out a hand, getting one back that is both perfectly manicured, and yet bears the calluses of someone used to holding tools.

“Bene. I am Eleganza della Pietra. We had an appointment. I am so sorry I was late. I am new here and got lost.” She says apologetically, sitting down when invited.

“Its all right. I had a beautiful lunch outside on a beautiful day. Who could complain about that?” You say with a smile, making her laugh softly. “What can I do for you, Ms della Pietra?”

She smiles a Mona Lisa smile and says “Please, call me Eleganza.”

“Thank you Eleganza. Where are you from?”

“I am from Venice. I moved here to have different,” There is a pause while she looks for the right word. “Ispirazione.”

“You are an artist?” you ask, guessing at the meaning of her word.

“Si. I am a scultrice.”

You pause, “A sculptress?”

“That is the word.” Eleganza pulls out a notebook from her pretty bag and hands it to you. “I am still working on my Simlish. A friend wrote out what I want for you, in case I do not get the words right.”

“Your Simlish is great.” You assure her, taking the notebook and reading over the requirements. “This is perfect. Just one question.”

“Si?”

“What kind of budget do I have?”

“Oh, 150,000! Is that enough?”

“Should be fine. I’ll have it done for you in a couple weeks.”

“Che’s stupendo!” She exclaims happily.

Requirements:

Italianate style house on moderate lot

3 bedrooms, 2 baths

Separate building for an sculpting studio with lots of light and a half bath

Landscaping

Small pool

Budget: 150,000 (to include lot cost as well as build cost)

Sim Challenge:

Create Eleganza della Pietra, give her the creative trait, the rest is up to you.

Room Challenge:

Design the sculpting studio with a budget of 30,000.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 40 - La Casa Dello Splendore
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the Build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: (Name where the Sim can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Gallery Upload
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ROOM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED if entering - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by or N/A if not entering) Link to media
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of two per entry, please)

Please note the changes to the entry form, the judges are having some difficulties in working out if people are entering the Room/Sim challenges, therefore we are making it compulsory for the Sim and/or Room challenges to have their own media showcases.

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS40

The deadline for this challenge is 30th March 2016
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • misscbongmisscbong Posts: 736 Member
    I may be the only on,e, @BuildnShare, but I'm finding some very contrasting houses for the Italianate style! Haha. Would you be able to give a sample picture of the style you're referencing?

Like, would it be more Mediterranean, or older Victorian-Italianate style? This is one very interesting style of architecture...
    edited March 2016
    @misscbong Italianate was a very popular style during the Victorian era and there are many variations from different types of buildings and different Countries. However, they share the main characteristics of Italianate. Interpret this as you wish, we look forward to seeing your design :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • thegizkythegizky Posts: 84 Member
    Hey I have done a few italianate homes maybe I will give this challenge a go. That depends on if I can keep in budget lol :P
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I don't want to sound like a nag, but has the results for expert div, for #36, been posted yet :)

@BuildnShare Just a friendly nudge... I'm wondering when we'll get the results for this as well? :)

• thegizkythegizky Posts: 84 Member
    I uploaded it if anyone wants to check it out (EA ID gizky), I won't be officially entering though! Thanks for the inspiration and challenge!
  • StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    edited March 2016
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: StSciurus
    ORIGIN ID: StSciurus
    LOT: Casa dei girasoli
    LOT COST: §2,000
    BUILD COST: §147,454
    TOTAL COST: §149,454
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Here
    ENTRY DETAILS: I was inspired by the painting of sunflowers against a blue sky found in Decorations. Yellow and blue were used throughout for interior decoration, and sunflowers are to be found inside and outside the house. An Italian woman who wants an Italianate house must be quite eclectic, so that is the style of the interior I chose.

03-21-16_72613nbspPM.png

SIM: Eleganza della Pietra
    SIM ENTRY SLIDESHOW: All about Eleganza
    ENTRY DETAILS: Besides the creative trait, I gave her the art lover and romantic traits.

03-21-16_65156nbspPM.png

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    Post edited by StSciurus on
    OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM

FORUM ID: masajo
    ORIGIN ID: Cevans1962
    LEVEL: Expert
    LOT: Capodimonte
    BUILD COST: 147,786
    TOTAL COST: 149,786
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: http://imgur.com/a/mqsxP
    ENTRY DETAILS: Italianate style villa on a moderate lot, I chose a 20 x 30 in Windenburg. Elegant interior design for Eleganza with light and airy rooms. Private pool, patio and bbq at the rear leading to the sculpting rooms and art pergola.

SIM: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: N/A
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please.

https://www.thesims.com/en_GB/gallery/4DD46507F38911E586CFF52ED6E84E76?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=cevans1962&max=50&maxis=false

O8BC3ct.png

uzE2H1V.jpg
    ATTENTION ESTABLISHED ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #39 - ALIEN ENCOUNTERS

The results are now available here.
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @masajo I love your build. It is so elegant.
    Very kind of you @TwtyBrd0707 thank you very much :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #35 - WE HAVE A PLAN

[We are currently in the process of catching up on all the challenges that still need judging. Thank you for your patience! :) ]
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Challenge #40 is now closed, we hope you'll join us for #41 :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
    #41 - A Taste For Finer Things

You are engrossed in the latest issue of 'Dwell' when Rose’s dog begins barking frantically in alarm. You rush across your office and throw open your door to see a tall, spindly man with a very unhappy white cat hissing and digging its claws into the man’s shoulder. Rose is trying desperately to restrain her uncharacteristically agitated dog and shoots you a look that clearly says 'HELP!'

“Why don’t you come in my office, sir,” you say, motioning to the office behind you. The man rushes past you into the office. As soon as the door closes, the cat becomes docile and begins to purr. Like its owner, the cat is long and thin, with white fur, faint grey striping, and the largest ears you’ve ever seen on a cat.

“What a peculiar cat. I’ve never seen one like that before, Mister..?”

“Corbett. Niles Corbett. My companion is Buerre Blanc. She is a Devon Rex.”

“It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Corbett. I apologize for the welcoming committee. My assistant's dog is usually very friendly, but this is the first time we've had a feline visitor. What can I do for you?” Mr. Corbett is a sour-looking man with a long face, a heavy brow, and a small down-turned mouth. His clothes are understated but clearly made of fine fabrics.

“Well, I'm in need of a new home for myself and Buerre Blanc,” he says, stroking the cat's pale fur. “I am a professional food critic and author of the blog 'Pour L'Assiette'. I work from home, so I need something with a comfortable study. I would also like two bedrooms, one with an en-suite bathroom, and another full bathroom for the rest of the house. I don't need a lot of room, as it's just Buerre Blanc and me, but I would like quality furnishings and a well-appointed kitchen with an attached room for wine storage. I am a collector of fine wines, so the wine storage should have separate temperature controls.”

“Is there a particular style of home you prefer, Mr. Corbett?”

“I gravitate toward French Country architecture. I enjoy the stately architecture and formal aesthetic.”

“What kind of budget are we dealing with, and how soon would you like your new home completed?”

“Apartment life has grown quite tiresome for me. Buerre Blanc and I are both ready for the quiet of our own home. We would like to be out of our apartment in two weeks. As for the budget, I am prepared to spend up to 95,000 and not a penny more. I trust that is feasible?”

“Absolutely! I will get started immediately!”

Requirements:

20x30 lot in the world of your choice
    95,000 budget
    French Country style architecture
    2 bedrooms, 1 with en-suite bathroom
    1 extra full bathroom
    Well-appointed kitchen with separate wine storage
    Study
    Living room
    Dining area
    Garage
    Fine furnishings

Room Challenge:

Create the well-appointed kitchen, the budget for this room is 20,000

Sim Challenge:

Create Niles Corbett and show him living in his new home. Niles is a gloomy loner, who aspires to be Master Chef

OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)

CHALLENGE #: 41 - A Taste for Finer Things
    FORUM ID:
    ORIGIN ID:
    LEVEL: (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
    LOT: (Name where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
    LOT COST: (The cost of the lot)
    BUILD COST: (The cost of the build, not including the lot price)
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and build cost added together)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: (REQUIRED - the slideshow is what your judges will primarily go by)
    ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)

SIM: Link to Gallery Upload
    ENTRY DETAILS:

ROOM: (Name where the Room can be found on The Gallery or N/A if not entering) Link to Room on Gallery
    ENTRY DETAILS:

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)

Hashtag used for this challenge is #BnS41

The deadline for this challenge is 13th April 2016

GArBA5W.jpg
    edited April 2016
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #36 - TO SLEEP PERCHANCE TO DREAM

Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
    ATTENTION EXPERT ENTRANTS FOR CHALLENGE #37 - THE PLAY IS THE THING