Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wonder what "secret project" the developers are working on?!!?

Comments

• Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    BOY wrote: »
    isn't everything they're working on a secret project?

This is pretty much the answer. We're not going to talk about any future stuff until given a go-ahead, so everything's going to be "a secret project" until it's not so secret.

Unless it's not secret and doesn't really matter.

I mean I'm working on unifying variables when we create installables so that we don't have to hardcode values like "if pack = EP02, copy EP02_Rural_01.world" in multiple places. Really riveting stuff, I know. I'm 90% sure @SimGuruDrake's can't yell at me for that. Let's find out, shall we?

This is a hint it sounds like CAW is coming our way ???
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Trimoth wrote: »

This is pretty much the answer. We're not going to talk about any future stuff until given a go-ahead, so everything's going to be "a secret project" until it's not so secret.

I mean I'm working on unifying variables when we create installables so that we don't have to hardcode values like "if pack = EP02, copy EP02_Rural_01.world" in multiple places. Really riveting stuff, I know. I'm 90% sure @SimGuruDrake's can't yell at me for that. Let's find out, shall we?

No, no... nothing like that. It's like loading screens and reminding the game what it's loading.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @SimGuruSteve That was awesome. I love how you mind screwed us all there :D. But I agree- it's secret until the man in charge says otherwise.
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

Why can't you talk about future content?
    Is EA telling you to not announce anything until close to release?
    Because I have a feeling that you guys really want to tell us everything right now! :)
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    knazzerknazzer Posts: 3,382 Member
    Amy327 wrote: »
    Huh? I literally I have no idea what that just meant lol.

So then my secret's safe. Excellent.

This post isn't going to explode after five seconds of reading it is? :smile:
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    edited March 2016

@SimGuruSteve

I'm guessing this is for code files not objects, but I notice all the objects in the game in debug mode have the Ep in the filename (and I think normal objects too).

Is this going to remove that? Since that is a really surprisingly useful feature for cc creators (or at least it is for me).

Edit: I understand the need for dynamic variables vs static coding, but it is such as useful feature to be able to search based on the Ep, stuff pack, etc. :)

• Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    They is working on monstahs!!!
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    I just know whatever it is..it better be good.
    y96afv2b
    xo0yscju
  • Options
    xBlackDragon7xxBlackDragon7x Posts: 173 Member
    I just know whatever it is..it better be good.
    y96afv2b

hahaha that gif meme though Lol
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Rflong7 wrote: »

No, no... nothing like that. It's like loading screens and reminding the game what it's loading.

Hah, yeah - it's definitely not a hint, @Trimoth. Just a task that I'm working on. More specifically, we patched the EP02 world and patched content follows the basegame data. Therefore, that patched world needs to be copied into basegame data folders. Nothing more - or else I wouldn't be telling you all ;-)
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    Because I have a feeling that you guys really want to tell us everything right now! :)

We do want to tell you all everything! Of course we want everyone to get as excited about the game as we are while we're making it! Unfortunately though, there's plenty of marketing, financial, and even legal reasons for us (developers) to keep quiet. At the end of the day, those other teams work hard specifically to make those decisions and I'll continue respecting those choices by keeping my mouth shut on specific topics.

That said, I feel like all SimGurus really do like interacting with the community to talk about our contributions, workplace, and demystifying the incredibly complex machine of game development.

After all, that's why we chose to be SimGurus. :)

You should rebel and form a union and spill all the beans.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member

Hah, yeah - it's definitely not a hint, @Trimoth. Just a task that I'm working on. More specifically, we patched the EP02 world and patched content follows the basegame data. Therefore, that patched world needs to be copied into basegame data folders. Nothing more - or else I wouldn't be telling you all ;-)

We do want to tell you all everything! Of course we want everyone to get as excited about the game as we are while we're making it! Unfortunately though, there's plenty of marketing, financial, and even legal reasons for us (developers) to keep quiet. At the end of the day, those other teams work hard specifically to make those decisions and I'll continue respecting those choices by keeping my mouth shut on specific topics.

That said, I feel like all SimGurus really do like interacting with the community to talk about our contributions, workplace, and demystifying the incredibly complex machine of game development.

@SimGuruSteve, thank you for your insightful brief, but I don't know what the logic is by not giving us the information about the next pack. Throughout the sims series there was always information regarding new packs and we all welcomed that. :)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    #TeamPlayableGnomes.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    kayt45kayt45 Posts: 434 Member

Thats the hardcore stuff right there!
  • Options
    ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member

EP02? Rural? That's it--farm expansion for Windenburg confirmed.

:p
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Everything is a secret project...
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    I reckon toddlers are returningin June/July and game pack release is imminent.

From your lips to the Maker's Ear. That would certainly soften a possible contentious convention for me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SurrealSurreal Posts: 3,241 Member
    #TeamPlayableGnomes.

You get an awesome for that. hahahahaha
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

Thank you so much for telling us this! :smiley:
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Well, that leads me to this question. What did you patch in the EP02 world? that is the question. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    edited March 2016
    Well, i'm quite confused but I am excited :D

Now i'm even more curious what will come in the future, i'm already playing as much as I can, when everything is finished i'll never leave my PC! I really do like the sound of Secret projects, hope they're going to be amazing as always!
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Hi everyone!
    Well, that leads me to this question. What did you patch in the EP02 world? that is the question. lol
    The issue was that one of the NPC spawers was partially in an unrouteable area, so NPC sims would sometimes spawn in to the world and get immediately stuck.

-SGMS

Thank you for answering. I like to know stuff, I'm nosy. Thank you so much in case I ran into this stuff.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Hi everyone!
    The issue was that one of the NPC spawers was partially in an unrouteable area, so NPC sims would sometimes spawn in to the world and get immediately stuck.

-SGMS

YAY! I hope that's the spot right outside one of my main households' lot :D Been driving me crazy, the Sims just standing there, looking at their phones all day.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Link please?
    I saw at least two of the Gurus mention different secret projects in a thread here (about communication being good), but the thread is gone now.

Yes I had left that thread up on my computer screen last night so I could wake up and finish reading it. It was only to two pages on the thread so when I clicked to read the second page, It said this thread is no longer available or something along those lines. I wonder why it was taken down.
    2vmcal4.jpg