Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ideas at a Glance for Toddlers

Comments

• hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Love all these ideas. I'd really like to see other ages be able to interact with toddlers in different ways as well.

I'd like to see the child stage get "annoyed" by the their little tot brother or sister following them around.

A teen life stage could babysit the little one and also teach them various things like adults can do.

The elder stage should also be able to babysit and also spoil the tots.

The toddlers should not be able to be outside alone and should never be able to be our after dark alone like kids.

They should be able to make thier faces messy while eating and also can get muddy when playing outside.

They should be able to throw tantrums leaving adults tense.

So many ideas but I'll leave it there for now. :-)
  • gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I would like toddlers to be able to crawl up or down the stairs and walk up or down the stairs . To climb on or off the couch or chair .
  • Dreagen1Dreagen1 Posts: 570 Member
    Combined strollers for twins! And when the are both in the stroller together they interact with each other, like fight or play around :)
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Another idea is if the parent or someone in household got through the terrible twos with their little tyke they would get a relief moodlet, Yeah, they are off to school finally! lol, or a sad moodlet for growing up too soon (not aging on purpose for those who don't want punished) but that little sad feeling you get the first day of school when your baby is getting on that bus. I want parents to know and remember their children.

New emotion... PROUD :wink: I love that parents always wanted their kids to do well in school and had a want for that. I know TS4 doesn't have wants, but I hope whims start to have a bit more sim relationship wants. I weep for the missing fears system :bawling: The way children would fear the death of a parent or relative... so touching!
  • DivineHysteriaDivineHysteria Posts: 732 Member
    Dreagen1 wrote: »
    Combined strollers for twins! And when the are both in the stroller together they interact with each other, like fight or play around :)

Yess and triplets
    xo0yscju
  • mandarinlady1mandarinlady1 Posts: 44 Member
    I would like a proper Daycare/Nursery that a Sim could run with other staff and be paid to look after the toddlers, also that the parents could go to a Parent and toddler group/club, both where the toddlers and babies play with toys, do drawings, sing songs in a circle time, be read to, finger paint and playdough, water tray, Slides, seesaws, ride trikes. Take toddlers and babies out in strollers/prams to the park, cafe, everywhere, paddling pools, swings.
  • cokolinocokolino Posts: 5 New Member
    I would love to be able to teach toddler to write, as half skill, having some infulence on child stage later on.
    To have actual kindergartens, and to make babysitter, pedagogue, or social worker maybe as well, as active career.
    To sing lullabies to them, too. I would love to see them more mischievious.
  • SamAWebsterSamAWebster Posts: 6 New Member
    OK, I have an idea. How about if your Sim runs a daycare, they should teach the toddlers math, science and history, and the toddlers can use finger paints for drawing, OOOOOOORR, if they like, if the Toddler sim's parents leave for work, they would hire a babysitter to take care of the toddler. That would be sooooooooooo nice.

BONUS IDEA: Personality traits for the toddlers, like when Playful toddlers get to play on the mud and play on a playgrounds real life toddlers use. Feisty toddlers have way more temper tantrums.

BONUS IDEA 2: Toddlers would be able to play outside as well, like pick flowers, and play with sand and all that stuff.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    cokolino wrote: »
    I would love to be able to teach toddler to write, as half skill, having some infulence on child stage later on.
    To have actual kindergartens, and to make babysitter, pedagogue, or social worker maybe as well, as active career.
    To sing lullabies to them, too. I would love to see them more mischievious.

love the lullaby idea :love:
  • esharpmajoresharpmajor Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited March 2016
    I just remembered something... When my cousin was little his first words were "what's this?" And I swear for weeks that's all he would say. He'd point to various objects and say it and make you repeat the name for things over and over with this determined look on his face, it was the cutest. I think it'd be funny to see in the game especially since sims always used to do the "what's this?" Reaction to new objects. maybe the toddler would gain some points towards learning to talk by doing this?

Also i saw someone mentioned a "babble at" interaction, maybe that could help them learn to talk as well?

I think that would work very well with earlier suggestions; that toddlers could teach themselves to use the potty by playing with the toilet (flushing stuff, opening and closihg lid etc) and teach themselves to walk by pulling themselves up on the edge of the furniture.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    I am so happy how fast this thread is going, keep up the good work!

I just really hooe there's the cuddling. Kisses on the head after reading a goodnight story, falling asleep in arms etc.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Ebby224Ebby224 Posts: 15 Member
    > @zeldagirl180 said:
    > I am so happy how fast this thread is going, keep up the good work!
    >
    > I just really hooe there's the cuddling. Kisses on the head after reading a goodnight story, falling asleep in arms etc.

Sorry but your typo XD and yes I want that too would be sooo cute
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    Toddler with rebellious trait anyone?

anigif_enhanced-buzz-15231-1385051185-25.gif
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    I just remembered something... When my cousin was little his first words were "what's this?" And I swear for weeks that's all he would say. He'd point to various objects and say it and make you repeat the name for things over and over with this determined look on his face, it was the cutest. I think it'd be funny to see in the game especially since sims always used to do the "what's this?" Reaction to new objects. maybe the toddler would gain some points towards learning to talk by doing this?

Of course!!!! I have a video of my little one doing exactly this. He would point to something and say "That?" wanting me to say what it was. Adorable.

• Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    I would like to see an option to turn them off as well as modify the days they are a toddler like we used t o be able to in Sims 3 :)
  • juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    I want a lot of family love interactions between toddler and parents/siblings/grandparents like hugs or nestle on the coach or even cuddle in bed, my kids used to climb on my bed and cuddle with me all time while I was sleeping or on the coach as I was watching TV
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Brody9962 wrote: »
    I would like to see an option to turn them off as well as modify the days they are a toddler like we used t o be able to in Sims 3 :)

Well I do want to get the epic aging with the age sliders as I like to play my toddlers at least 50 sims days since we had Sims 3 and had that option. In some cases I even maxed it as I really love that life stage. So I can agree with the ability to to have the toddlers a lot longer than just the long aging allows.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Brody9962Brody9962 Posts: 272 Member
    If we had those aging, I would make them a lot shorter before aging up. Partly because I didnt care much for them, but at the same time it would be nice to see the suggestions I put in to come in...this way for those who dont care for them, we can either turn them off or give their aging a little shorter.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I would love to see an individual slider on every Sim to age them a few days, a week etc. That way if I have two toddlers or two kids or two teen I can make them a little older than the other. That would be great.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    If we had those aging, I would make them a lot shorter before aging up. Partly because I didnt care much for them, but at the same time it would be nice to see the suggestions I put in to come in...this way for those who dont care for them, we can either turn them off or give their aging a little shorter.

This is why there is cake. Just like there was cake in TS3.
  • KitOnlyHumanKitOnlyHuman Posts: 2,586 Member
    A new interaction with toddlers could be to tuck them in (including searching under the bed for monsters!)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2016
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

This is why there is cake. Just like there was cake in TS3.

That is something I really do appreciate about TS3 and TS4 and that is the ability to age up anytime with a cake. Unlike TS2 that made you wait until like a day before. Which sometimes with seven toddlers on a lot was very harry. :D
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    I would love many of the toddler actions return from S2 and S3. My favorite was their ability to play in the toilet. It cracked me up every time, and my sim would have to bathe them. Instead of giving toddlers a full bath they could had the option to just was their hands in the sink. Toddlers should be able to sleep in pet bed (if they return) and eat from pet bowl. I loved that too. Play in the snow and eat snow, play in the sand and eat that as well. Splash in puddles that form in the house, and also puddled from the rain.

Toddlers should have stages of dirtiness, say if they are finger painting and your sim doesn't put them in a smock, then they can wipe their hands on their shirt or dress, they can also "do art" all over the walls and carpet or hardwood floor. When they are eating if your sims doesn't put a bib on them then they get food all over their clothes. And when they start out eating their faces get messy and so does their highchair tray. When they go out to play at the park, or play in the mud, their clothes get dirty.

Adding toddlers would also be the best time to add a washer and dryer as well! ;)

Skills should be revamped, I liked how they built skills with their toys and the activity table (I would like the option of placing their drawings and paints on the fridge and wall). Toddlers could be taught to eat, and once they reach level two they still make a little mess but it's way better than when they first started out. And at level three they have mastered feeding themselves. Snacks should also be made. When they are a little hungry but your sim isn't ready to fed them lunch or dinner. They have little finger foods like pretzels, cereal puffs, fruit slices, etc., and sippy cups.

Like in Sims 3 you can direct your sims to use their shiny new food processor to make homemade toddler and baby foods, and veggies and fruits grown at home and made into baby food could give a knowledge bonus that would last a few sim hours, making toddlers able to gain skills slightly faster. They could get a "scholarly pursuit" moodlet or something similar.

The ability to bath your little ones in a sink and tub should come back as well. And all ages teen - elder can bath them, and their siblings who are kids can help by handing mom or dad the baby wash, or playing with their bath toys with them. For baths in the tub toddlers can have a bath chair, and tons of bath toys, bubble bath that changes colors or just different colored bubble bath - that can be used by every one - but toddlers and kids get a special moodlet when they use it.

New toys and activities too, I watch my kids play Sims FreePlay and their favorite age in game are the toddlers. They have some pretty cool things to play with and I would like to see that make it over into S4.

20151203_190559_zpsecbxelbm.jpg
    Wadding Pool

20151203_190424_zpssl3bokey.jpg
    Watching T.V. while sitting on a sofa.

20151203_141124_zpsxfcoakd3.jpg
    Playing Dress Up

20151203_134907_zpsik71hcdp.jpg
    Paddy Cake and other hand games

An easel where they can finger paint, play forts both indoor and out, power wheels cars and more!

maxresdefault_zpsmyvnb209.jpg

FisherPrice-Power-wheels-Cadillac-Escalade_zpsgs3gvutf.jpg

Toddlers are able to interact not only with each other but there should be special interactions with each age as well. And also special interactions saved only for family.

Babies should also get some attention too! No longer stuck to their cribs as objects but they are once again part of the family. Playmates, walkers, playpens, a mini ball pit, etc. Also babies could "grow" similar to Sims FreePlay, once they get so many days old they are able to sit up and crawl. They can be placed in a highchair and feed baby food and a bottle. They can be taught their first words like Mama and Dada. And instead of toddlers learning to walk, babies are the ones who learn to walk after learning to eat "solid" foods. And they can gain the skill in drinking from a bottle on their own, once they master that they then move on to drinking from a sippy cup.

That's all that I can think of for now. :)

Well beyond said.
    I love those items and the bumble bee costumes, so cute!! :love:
  • JulinhoXD2001JulinhoXD2001 Posts: 141 Member
    The heights of Sims could be different with a height option