Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

☆☆ Sims 4 Quality Control Contest ~ Challenge 74 up due (EST) 9th March ☆☆

Comments

• cryskcrysk Posts: 657 Member
    QC challenge no: #QualityControl19
    Origin ID: crystalkaw74
    Are you a novice builder: nope
    Intermediate or Expert level: Expert (I still do prefer intermediate though :wink: )
    Original Lot used: Avarice Acres (somehow the German name for that one is completely different lol)
    Build Gallery Name: Schlumpfhausen
    5 chosen Smurfs: Papa Smurf, Smurfette, Brainy Smurf, Chef Smurf, Painter Smurf and Farmer Smurf
    Gallery Link: Schlumpfhausen
    Images (3-5 max): (please post 1 street view photo)

After Gargamel destroyed their old village, the Smurfs found refugee in a new more hidden village.
    Papa Smurf moved his laboratory in the upper part of an old tree stump. While the lower part is used as general area for all the little Smurfs. Because their mushroom houses are so small, they find some smaller bathrooms in here (some even in the old roots of the stump). In the front are, right behind the entrance they have a dinning room, where they enjoy Chef Smurfs meals.
    Since Che Smurf needs more room for his kitchen, his home was build in two mushrooms, which grew together at some point. Brainy Smurf chose a mushroom that is growing on the tree stumps roots. Smurfette got the tallest mushroom, so that she has room for her own private bathroom and a little area to sit and have tea. Farmer Smurf lives close to the pond and has a small farming area right behind his house. He grows rare and exotic plants for Papa Smurf inside his mushroom, since they need special care. Painter Smurf chose the mushroom between Smurfettes and Farmer Smurfs homes. Here he can paint his fellow Smurfs and nature.
    In the center of the village the Smurfs have a fireplace to gather around during the evenings to sing and listen to stories from Papa Smurf.

P8beGvE.jpg
    GZdQ3Vv.jpg
    J9yMgEO.jpg
    0MW3S1H.jpg
    PmsdD73.jpg

I noticed that it is a bit difficult to click in the pond to get the menu for swimming, but it is possible :sweat_smile:
    Also, in the tree stump there is a small 2x2 room thats purely for the sake of the lab right above it. It does kind of look weird so I had placed an enlarged and raised table in the basement to conceal it a tiny bit.

And fun note: the exact 220k were only reached because one (or more plants) are ready to harvest and I didnÄt managed to harvest them without more plants getting ready in the mean time. But hey its 220k :lol:
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    ohhh @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 I really like your stream and the way you created paths through the village :smile: It looks really neat.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
  • Amiejaidenalbie_1988Amiejaidenalbie_1988 Posts: 224 Member
    Thank you @rosemow and @crysk for you nice comments. I love the mushroom buildings you've designed @crysk and that you've got communal dining and your natural pool looks so pretty
  • lisa17annlisa17ann Posts: 2,749 Member
    steskens wrote: »
    Love your smurf villages! :kissing_smiling_eyes:@Amiejaidenalbie_1988 and @crysk

Ditto! They are so cute! The smurfs are super adorable as well! <3
    34921575804_8da1fd7db6_z.jpg

edited March 2016
    awww thanks you three :kissing_heart:

Sadly my smurfs wont qualify for the simchallenge since I used CC on them :sweat_smile: But I like them
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    Hi @Cbear13. I was just wondering when you were going to do part 2 of the tips and help build. I've done the landscaping part 1. Thanks.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,519 Member
    edited March 2016
    Schlumpfhausen is such a very nice smurf village! @crysk :) It was great reading about the background details of the village, which homes belong to which smurfs and the details of each home that relate to the type of smurf who lives there. The layout of the build looks so very nice! Very nice exteriors and roofing on the homes! The chimneys are great touches in the homes, and it looks nice how there is a variety in the shape/design of the homes. The dome windows look nice in the homes. The pond looks very great! The plants look great how they are placed in the water. The rock waterfall looks nice going into the pond. The flowers, plants, and alien plants look very nice through the build! Very nice firepit area! Sims will enjoy sitting on the tree stump seats around the fire toasting food. The lantern light tree looks pretty in the village. Very nice furnishing of the interior of the homes! Very nice design of the kitchen in Chef Smurfs home! It looks great how the counters are curved around on the wall edges, and kitchen decor items are nice home touches on the kitchen counters. He will enjoy looking out at the outdoors views through the kitchen windows whilst cooking meals. Very nice art studio for painter smurf! He will enjoy the sunshine coming in to the room whilst painting on the easel near the windows. The art decor looks great in the room! Very nice study desk room for Brainy smurf! They will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. The books look great how they are placed on the floor in the room. It is nice that Farmer smurf has plants growing in planters in his bedroom. The type of patteened floor rug and bed suit him well, and the garden tools look great on the bedroom wall. Very nice community dining room! The smurfs will enjoy eating meals together there. The yellow colour of the table and chairs look nice with the brown texture of the walls.
    The village is so very nice! :)
  • Cbear13Cbear13 Posts: 6,278 Member
    @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 welcome to the QC comps and I absolutely love your smurf village, the creative paths is a great touch

I will be putting up part 2 of the practise challenges this week hopefully today or tomorrow (have the flu at the moment so I am a bit slow)
    Also am working with some in messages with detailed feedback on their practises so just allowing people to work on part one and respond and have them redo them. Which I am happy to do for anyone if they just message me letting me know they would like me to help with some feedback

@crysk gorgeous as always love your stream and your smurf sims are awesome hehe
    New%20siggie%2011th%20Nov%2015.jpg
    ✦✦ Origin ID: cbear1313 ✦✦ Gallery: cbear1313 Gallery ✦✦ Cbear's Creations ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    ✦✦ Quality Control Practice Challenges ✦✦
    @Cbear13 ok great, thank you. I hope you'll feel better soon. I'll look forward to the next part.
    *hands @Cbear13 some hot chicken soup* Get well soon.
    The smurf sims basically just have everyday wear and swimsuits ;) simce they were only created for the pictures :sweat_smile: and in addition Smurfette and Chef are wearing CC
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    edited March 2016
    QC challenge no: #QCSims19
    Origin ID: crystalkaw74
    Sims Gallery Name: Schlumpf
    3 chosen Smurfs: I actually chose more than 3, I hope it's ok. If not, this will be an unofficial entry. I chose Papa Smurf, Smurfette, Chef Smurf, Brainy Smurf, Painter Smurf, Farmer Smurf and Hefty Smurf. In addition I added my favourite Smurf, Clumsy Smurf :blush:

Gallery Link: Schlumpf
    Images (1-2 images):
    nyfQ87l.jpg

On a side note, I added some replacement rooms for four of the mushrooms in my Gallery ;)

Edit: Then I choose Smurfette, Hefty and Farmer Smurf @Cbear13 :blush:
    Post edited by crysk on
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    Each of your smurfs look so very great! @crysk :) The traits and aspirations that you have chosen for each of them suit them so very well!
    edited March 2016
    Practice Challenge Part 2

For anyone who missed part 1 you can find it here:
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14628190/#Comment_14628190

Part 2: House Exterior and Roofing
    So we are starting off small with a 30x20 lot
    Download shell here or continue on with the shell from part 1

Ok so now we can work on the roofing and the exterior of the house
    1. For the roofing itself I would like everyone to use at least 3 pieces of roofing but you can use as many as you like.
    2. Use some kind of roofing trim
    2. Exterior of house use at least 2 different wall coverings (this helps to break up the look and give it more texture)
    3. Use some wall decorations or planter pots on windows
    4. Use more than 1 type of window

Tips:
    Dont be afraid to use items to decorate your roofing to suit your theme, using debug items on shops like an oversized coffee cup for a coffee shop. Also make sure to remember to use a chimney of some sort if you have placed a fireplace on your lot.
    Another style to give more life to your roofing is to build a roof top garden or put a swimming pool on your roof.

Anyone that is wanting some indepth feedback please ask or message me and I am happy to download your lot and discuss it with you.
    Also again for those more experienced builders please have a go, show pics and share your tips.

✦✦ Quality Control Contest ✦✦ QC Monthly Contest ✦✦ QC Create A Room Competition ✦✦
    edited March 2016
    Ok so I was kinda playing around with the roofing and just wanted to show some different ways to break it up even though they may not look the best for now hehe just some ideas

Exterior of house not done yet just some roofing but there is 5 separate pieces of roofing used
    03-06-16_5-16-09nbspPM.png

Also using the patio tool can help give a different look to your roof also using some low fencing and roof trim
    03-06-16_5-47-04nbspPM.png
    03-06-16_5-49-19nbspPM.png

Also would like to note that roofing has been a weak point of mine for a long time and I push myself to try use many different pieces and to try decorate, it really has pushed me out of my comfort zone of doing plain 1 piece roofing
    The roofing on the buildings looks great! @Cbear13 :) It displays different ways of doing roofing very well and it looks very nice how you have used the different build mode items and tools.
    The rooftop outdoors dining patio looks very nice! @steskens :) Sims will enjoy cooking on the meals on the BBQ and have very nice views of the outdoors whilst eating the food at the table there. The plants in the beds on the side of the patio give a very nice look to the patio. The alien plants look effective there. Nice paving ground flooring on the patio. The stairs leading up to the patio looks great!
    hmmmm I once again noticed that I suck at roofing :cold_sweat:
    these are the two versions I'm most satisfied with

LowY2wr.jpg

HRdbRNm.jpg
    1y3tkoh.jpg
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    Practise challange
    Hiya, this is what I have done so far with my part 1 and part 2. I always feel my terrain paint skills can improve as it always looks naff when i do it! and I too struggle with roofing. Any tips and feedback are very welcome :)
    h t t p://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=XaTRJmVkC3cP5GCoLDqrJYh4l5k2TGxc
    h t t p://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=XaTRJmVkC3d8Jf5KbfD39Ih4l5k2TGxc
    h t t p://tinypic.com/usermedia.php?uo=XaTRJmVkC3c7%2FgKLJegnR4h4l5k2TGxc
    @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 It looks nice what you did there :smiley:
    A tip for terrain paint from me is to use one of the smaller brushes (unless you need to do a really big area) and pull the slider more to the right to make the edges more blurry and then mix the different paints until you have a natural looking ground. It helps to turn the grid off while doing it.
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    The roofing on the home looks very nice @crysk :) It looks great that you have done two types of roofing. The type of and placement of the windows in the builds looks very nice! It looks great how you have used both the same as well as different windows in the two builds to create and give very nice looks to the homes. The placement of the smaller windows looks so very effective! The fenced flowers , plants and shrubs on the edges of the buildings look so very pretty! Very nice roof top patio on the second home! The lattice flowers look very pretty over the door ! The flower box windows looks nice. The brick texture of the exterior walls looks nice and the wall flower decor items look great on the wall! The greenery is a nice touch on the walls.
    The builds are very nice! :)
    Your build looks so very nice! @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 :) Very nice roofing on the home. The textures of the exterior give a very nice look to the home. Very nice backyard area! The octogonal trellis covered outdoors dining area looks very great! The ivy columns and lattices look very nice there. The floral greenery is a nice touch on the walls. The flowers look very pretty how they are placed on the edges of the back fencing and in the nook section near the back wall. The water fountain looks nice in the midst of the flowers. The curved shelter item looks great in the corner of the backyard. Very nice front garden area! The flowers look very pretty how they are placed there! The rock waterfall pond looks very nice! It is nice that the wishing well is there. The type of fencing used looks nice and suits the type of home. The open shutter bay windows look nice on the front of the build.
    The build looks very nice :)
    Thanks for the tip @crysk I think I use the brush too big, I also only have a laptop so I don't feel I have as much hand control as with a mouse, may have to invest in one. Turning the grid off is a good idea too.
    Thankyou for the feedback @rosemow
    @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 I personally think you have way more controll over the cursor using a laptops mousepad. But that might be just a matter of experience. Just think of it as drawing with your finger.

If I use a bigger brush I tend to set the blurriness to max, that way it doesn't become that dominant. Especially if it is a contrasting color (like brown earth on green grass).
    ccBcpyk.jpg
    @Amiejaidenalbie_1988 if you upload what you have done so far and send me the link to it on the gallery I will have a good look at it in game and we can chat about it here or in messages
    I love the colors in the garden and the roof looks good
  • chips46chips46 Posts: 3,655 Member
    Where doing part 2 on the practise challenge on roof not my favorite part but I'm willing to give it ago

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top