Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wonder what "secret project" the developers are working on?!!?

Hi All

Some developers have commented on another thread of mine about a secret project.

Interested to know what this "secret project" is!?!?!
Aussie_Simmer

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited March 2016
    Next expansion.

Toddlers?
  • TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    & a game pack I think. They mentioned they were working on 2 different secret things. :)
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    Judging by their schedule so far and the pattern they have been releasing content in, one of these things should be a game pack. I am checking news section daily,waiting for an announcment lol.
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    I reckon toddlers are returningin June/July and game pack release is imminent.
    Aussie_Simmer
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Link please?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • KarennKarenn Posts: 4,326 Member
    Don't know what it is but I do know they are working hard on it. Putting in long hours, not saying anything ect. Being super secretive
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hopefully they're currently working on a patch with toddlers (which could possibly be the reason the March patch is so late), but I don't wanna get my hopes too high only to be disappointed in the end.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Link please?
    I saw at least two of the Gurus mention different secret projects in a thread here (about communication being good), but the thread is gone now.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Link please?
    I saw at least two of the Gurus mention different secret projects in a thread here (about communication being good), but the thread is gone now.

That explains why I couldn't find any mention of a secret project.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    edited March 2016
    Link please?

That explains why I couldn't find any mention of a secret project.

it got merged with the simguru romeon interview thread

simgurumegs and simgurudaniel are working each on something different
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Ohhh, I thought the thread just got deleted. Definitely didn't think it'd be merged there.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    @Polyrhythm

I believe you're referring to these posts?

SGDaniel.jpg
    SGMegs.jpg
    SGNinja.jpg

<<
  • LadyTachunkaLadyTachunka Posts: 1,454 Member
    Ohhh, I thought the thread just got deleted. Definitely didn't think it'd be merged there.

its kinda weird that they're merging posts
    8a35839c629b9a9f3643198909b278c0.gif Been simming since the end of sims 2~Sims Gallery ID:BSAAWaifu
  • SimGamer15SimGamer15 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I wonder too. We all wonder what this secret project is.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Hopefully they're currently working on a patch with toddlers (which could possibly be the reason the March patch is so late), but I don't wanna get my hopes too high only to be disappointed in the end.

If we were getting toddlers patched in they would have hyped it.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

If we were getting toddlers patched in they would have hyped it.

I think they're waiting to announce it with a big bang, and are really excited to finally deliver it to us, hence why they're being more active on the forums, and talking about toddler stuff like fixing that thread on the top of the forum. I can feel their excitement in the air.
  • Sweet_ItalySweet_Italy Posts: 898 Member
    edited March 2016
    What is a "40's-to-Final" game?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,584 Member
    edited March 2016
    Everything they're working on is Super Secret so it's... Everything. :lol:
  • Amy327Amy327 Posts: 67 Member
    .i mean I'm working on unifying variables when we create installables so that we don't have to hardcode values like "if pack = EP02, copy EP02_Rural_01.world" in multiple places. Really riveting stuff, I know. I'm 90% sure @SimGuruDrake's can't yell at me for that. Let's find out, shall we?[/quote]

Huh? I literally I have no idea what that just meant lol.
    edited March 2016
    BOY wrote: »
    isn't everything they're working on a secret project?

This is pretty much the answer. We're not going to talk about any future stuff until given a go-ahead, so everything's going to be "a secret project" until it's not so secret.

Unless it's not secret and doesn't really matter.

I mean I'm working on unifying variables when we create installables so that we don't have to hardcode values like "if pack = EP02, copy EP02_Rural_01.world" in multiple places. Really riveting stuff, I know. I'm 90% sure @SimGuruDrake's can't yell at me for that. Let's find out, shall we?

Right, exactly, everything is a secret until the boss says so... I mean, that's how it is in every industry... Like, the next Apple i-phone model is all speculation, rumors and hype until they make an official announcement... Big cliff hanger at the end of your favorite tv show? Well we won't find out what happens until the next episode airs... Even though the actors, producers and directors all know what happens, they do their best not to leak any info, and I bet if you asked them for details, they would all say "you'll have to wait and see!"

So... Yea... Just don't get mad at the gurus for all the secrecy... We want them to like us so that they'll stick around and maybe use some of our ideas for future content =D
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Twitch: Sweet_Italy ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Gallery: Sweet_Italy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Check out my Showcase Thread!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Well it's exciting!
    Aussie_Simmer
    Well it's exciting!

Oh yea! Super exciting! I was all convinced that the next pack was going to be generations related, but I had totally forgotten about that tweet that might have been a hint for resturaunts.... So now I'm not sure what to think for what's next, but I'm still very excited!