Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help

Comments

• JohJoh Posts: 37 Member
    > @ajaxpost said:

> Hi @Joh, so glad you found this wonderful community of deal stalkers, welcome!>

> @KevinL5275 is absolutely right, buying at least one item in a set makes a BIG difference to your CYS price, especially if you can get those items at a discount. If you haven't done so already take a look at _ for some great advice on getting the very best deals. :)>

> Free points are earned by 'watching' adverts on the Store pages Jodi @Me1620 has put up a useful post explaining most everything:>

> The birthday thing was, I think, something EA did way back in the past and, as far as I know, stopped doing years ago! :( >

> However! There is a birthday gifting thread where generous Simmers celebrate birthdays - it may not involve gifts but it's another great place to share the love:>

> And talking of gifts, don't be embarrassed about creating a wishlist and contributing to the many amazing gifting threads in the Gift Gathering forum - and why not take part in a lottery or giveaway too :)>

> Finally, never worry about asking 'basic' questions, this forum is just like the game itself - there is much to discover you may never know it all, and everyone loves sharing and helping. :smiley:>

Thank you for all of the great links, @ajaxpost! Ha ha, I wrote a reply, using quotes from you, and it was rejected, since I'm too new to post links, lol! Soooo, starting over...

I'm glad to be here! I've been lurking for a few weeks, didn't want to bother anyone, but you all seem so friendly that I relented and signed up. I am definitely a (newbie) deal stalker, so I'm glad there's a place for that here!

I'm going to check out all the links as soon as I'm done my replies--- thanks again, it would have taken me ages to find them on my own.

Bummer about the birthday prezzies no longer being a thing...

I think I won't go near the birthday gifting thread, since I can't afford to reciprocate.

I have a wishlist, but it's just for me, and my kid. Lotteries and giveaways sound interesting though, so thank you!

I'm an admin/moderator on a few forums (not Sims related) so I can understand the extra effort and patience newbies involve--- but they often become the best of members when nurtured, so I always have time for newbies on my forums too. Thank you for your patience and kindness!

JXO
    > @joh - Welcome joh. We love when people find our thread. Please ask all the questions that you want. What is your username on the Sims 3 site? I can't find a user named joh. Also read this section on Getting Help with Owning the Store - Gifting, Lotteries and Contests. I recently updated it.>

Thank you!>

Thanks for replying!

Our account is a family account, my ex-husband started it in 2010, but didn't keep it up as we got new things. So, it's under his name, but he never went there, or really used it. Should I post it here? Or is it better in a PM? He's very security conscious, so I don't know what to do about posting his user name publicly, and I can't get him on the phone to ask.

JXO
    > @KevinL5275 said:
    > Joh wrote: »
    >
    > Thanks, Kevin! Sorry I didn't put the deal numbers in, newbie gaffe... :blush:
    >
    > Joh
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Not a gaffe at all. We knew what you meant. We both posted at the same time. :)

Thanks, Kevin!

JXO
  • napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    Me1620 wrote: »
    Edit - @angeljess26 - 800 points! Wow. The most I find in one night is 200 sp and that is rare.

@Me1620 -- I wonder if it has something to do with where you are located? Because I regularly get at least 400-500 but sometimes, like last night, get over 1000.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
    A link with 48 pages??? Yikes! I'm a single parent, playing on borrowed time... (I'm on page 4... and plugging on, as long as I can!)

JXO
  • ajaxpostajaxpost Posts: 4,200 Member
    Joh wrote: »
    A link with 48 pages??? Yikes! I'm a single parent, playing on borrowed time... (I'm on page 4... and plugging on, as long as I can!)
    JXO
    Yep, that is one seriously chatty thread!

The beauty of this DD thread was that Jodi @Me1620 organised all the useful stuff into linked posts and put an index on page one so that we could quickly skip to the bits we are interested in - like getting free simpoints, using the spreadsheets, working out CYS discounts. It does mean there's no need to trawl through 1000s of comments to find the original post with the information on ... well, unless you enjoy all the chatty stuff that goes on! :smiley:

• simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Welcome @Joh :) Glad you de-lurked and joined the fun. This thread is truly amazing and I continue to be blown away by the amount of work Me1620 and the spreadsheet team have devoted and continue to devote to the spreadsheet and this thread <3 To be honest, whenever I see a new person posting, I hold back and wait to see if ajaxpost responds... he is so articulate and provides the best information. He is soooo good at explaining!

I do hope you're able to post your wish list as I know I would like to help you but understand if your ex doesn't want his name used. Is it possible for you to start your own store account while you're still somewhat new and don't own much? It would be harder to switch later on once you join the Own the Store Club with the rest of us Sims 3 Store Addicts ;) but totally understand if you decide not to if all your games are registered under his name.
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
    Thanks! I missed the index, sorry! Got to page 10, and have to sign off now, but will get back here tomorrow afternoon...

The contest sounds wonderful, thank you for your generosity!

I have no idea how to enter a build. I'll look into that tomorrow.

My Kid loves making characters and playing the game, and I love building and renovating, but I've never uploaded anything before, it's all just been for me to build, and the Kid to play with. I re-do all of the venues we get, renovate everything in the game worlds that interest me, and build ridiculously huge mansions from scratch. I don't know what would qualify for the competition. I reno'd the Al Fresco Street Market recently, just have one more room to do. Also built a 9 bedroom mansion, with indoor pool, just finishing the decorating up on that one...

Got to set my alarm to get the loveseat at 2:19AM, then Morocco at 6:19AM... Yikes!!!

Thanks again for all the help, warm welcome, and general 'wonderfullness'!

JXO
    Hi SimGeek79!

We have lots of stuff... all the expansions, except th
    the future one.

I've been working the store for a couple of months, with limited funds. Plus, we have store stuff you can't get anymore. Maybe I can get Origin to change the name on the account? I'll see, tomorrow.

Thanks for all the help and patience, everyone!

JXO
  • simgeek79simgeek79 Posts: 2,173 Member
    Hi @Joh hopefully Customer Service can help you change the account name. Good luck :mrgreen:
    I now Own the Store!!...Thank you to everyone who helped me get here <3

Are u new to the Store? Then check out: the Daily Deal Thread
    - Cascades & Daily Deals & Love Kids Stuff? Check this out!
  • Me1620Me1620 Posts: 4,983 Member
    Edit - @angeljess26 - 800 points! Wow. The most I find in one night is 200 sp and that is rare.

@Me1620 -- I wonder if it has something to do with where you are located? Because I regularly get at least 400-500 but sometimes, like last night, get over 1000.

It is definitely my location. I am Canadian. We get far less ads than simmers in other countries.
    a.k.a. - Jodi and a link to My Page on the Sims 3 website

To help you organize your stalking of the Daily Deal, please join us on the Daily Deal Rotation and Sales Help thread and please view the DD Spreadsheet
  • debbycantydebbycanty Posts: 285 Member

It is definitely my location. I am Canadian. We get far less ads than simmers in other countries.

Location for sure. I'm in Western Australia and average 5 sometimes 10 ads a day.
  • angeljess26angeljess26 Posts: 2,400 Member
    @Joh welcome to the DD thread and the forums. You probably don't need to read all 49 pages but definitely check out page 1. The last forum for this list was 1075 pages long before @Me1620 made us our new home here.
    @Me1620 haven't actually sat down and gone on a clicking spree for a long long long time, so maybe that's why I got a lot, then again who knows. It probably would have given me more but I got sick of clicking.
    @debbycanty and I'm on the other side of Australia and got 800 points worth last night but don't hunt them regularly anymore.
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
  • trithonetrithone Posts: 1,406 Member
    edited March 2016
    Welcome to DD Stalking, @Joh ! I hope you were able to snag Morocco Mystique!

Happy St. Patrick's Day (if you celebrate it. If not, Happy March 17th.) Or as my friend Mikey Mason says (look him up if you like geeky music, especially anything having to do with Firefly or Star Wars) Happy Day that John St. Patrick defeated the aliens.

Here are the current and upcoming deals for the next 24 hours. This is a mostly white deal (once per rotation) day on individual items that are parts of other sets. The "Part of" sections below will tell you which sets the items come from. One of those items is the Dress with Gloves which is not part of any other set. There are a few yellow (mid-discount) and one red (least-discounted) deals in the mix as well.

Current Deal: (as of 12:19 PM UTC)
    601 ) Vic's Doors / 50 / 95 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Tiki Outdoor Party; May 2011 Compilation; Island Escape Compilation
    This is the only time the item is offered on the DD

Upcoming Deals:
    602 ) India Inspiration- Tanchoi Touches Top / 16 / 45 / 64% / 2 hours
    Part of: India Inspirations Clothing and Hairstyles; India Inspirations Collection; April 2012 Compilation Set; Best of 2012 Compilation

603 ) Sea Witch / 48 / 73 / 34% / 2 hours
    Part of: Buccaneer's Bounty; The Complete Barnacle Bay Adventure

604 ) Go All In Compilation / 1938 / 3400 / 43% / 2 hours
    Part of: Go All In Compilation is not part of any other set or compilation
    Includes: Viva Las Vegas Living; Viva Las Vegas Bedroom; Regency Arcade
    Repeat Deal: This is the most expensive price for this item (More than # 148, # 321)

605 ) Broken Wind Jacket / 38 / 61 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Everyday - Cool Summer Nights; July 2011 Compilation Set

606 ) Festoon to the Honeymoon / 10 / 19 / 47% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Ceremony + Reception; Romanza Ceremony, Reception + Attire; Quaint Cottage Collection

607 ) Dress with Gloves / 26 / 75 / 65% / 2 hours
    Part of: Individual item; not part of any set

608 ) Very Vicious / 19 / 31 / 39% / 2 hours
    Part of: Loud, Fast, Clash! - Attire; Loud, Fast, Clash! – Bedroom + Attire

609 ) Luxe Lounge Spa / 278 / 473 / 41% / 2 hours
    Part of: August 2011 Compilation
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 166, # 423, # 852, but less than # 590, # 61)

610 ) Provence / 315 / 693 / 55% / 2 hours
    Part of: World Inspiration Compilation; 3 items are included in Charmingly Simple Kitchen Collection
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 152, # 933, but less than # 752)

611 ) Le Cirque Esprit- Knife Thrower's Table / 26 / 69 / 62% / 2 hours
    Part of: Le Cirque Esprit; Le Cirque Celebration!

612 ) Fair and Flowing / 31 / 44 / 30% / 2 hours
    Part of: Romanza Bridal Party

613 ) Morocco Mystique / 250 / 405 / 38% / 2 hours
    Part of: Morocco Mystique + Cante Captivating
    Repeat Deal: This is a medium price for this item (More than # 600, # 645, but less than # 335)
    a.k.a. Samantha (though Sam is just fine, too. Also, Simmantha, according to my husband.)

Thanks to a lot of amazing sim friends I have owned the store for a while now. If you'd like to help out a really good friend of mine who just started playing the game, here is his wishlist. Thanks!

> @simgeek79 said:
    > Hi @Joh hopefully Customer Service can help you change the account name. Good luck :mrgreen:

Thanks, fingers crossed!

> @Me1620 -- I wonder if it has something to do with where you are located? Because I regularly get at least 400-500 but sometimes, like last night, get over 1000.
    >
    > It is definitely my location. I am Canadian. We get far less ads than simmers in other countries.>

Over 1000? Drool... I'm in Canada too. I turned off my ad block (d'oh!), and, tah dah!, the blue box appeared! I got a whopping 30! Not exactly a get rich quick scheme, but certainly better than nothing. I thought it was funny that they were all car, or car rental, ads. Not likely to send me to my local Jag dealership to kick tires... not when I have a perfectly stunning Bwan Speedster YL parked outside my palatial home!

I did get Morocco Mystique, Trithone! I got the loveseat first, for 60 (at 2:30 AM!), then Morocco Mystique for 85 (at 6:30 AM!) I saved 35 points off of the sale price of 180, at 56% off! So, that was stupid, lol! (I am sooooo tired... but I'll always have Morocco...)
    Plum??? :o Is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a bad word here?
    Soooo... dashes don't work... well all I said was... rhymes with 'cupid'!!! So no one thinks I said worse! :o
    edited March 2016
    Plum??? :o Is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 a bad word here?
    @Joh since you didn't mean to say plum yes apparently 🐸🐸🐸🐸 is a bad word, it showed the word it replaced plum with when I quoted the text.
    Also don't forget to add @ tags to people's names when you mention them, they should get a notification saying you mentioned them so they don't miss something important.
    As for the simpoints conversation I played the clicking game again for a bit while watching tv got 1200 simpoints and about 40 YouTube ads that don't work on my iPad.
    Should really go to bed now, it's not a great temperature for sleeping though, too hot. It's still 20 deg C. Goodnight all
    As of April 24th 2015 I joined the own the store club. Thank you to those who helped in my journey.
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    Hahahahahahaha... it was a bad word at my daughter's daycare, and she thought it was a bad word until she was about 8. Now we routinely fling it around with wild abandon, we've really let our standards slide since daycare... well this has been a good public reminder of how low I've sunk. Now I want to go chew gum... where will my depravity end? I'll be in jail for jaywalking by dinner time at this rate!!! :o
    edited March 2016
    Hahahahahahaha... it was a bad word at my daughter's daycare, and she thought it was a bad word until she was about 8. Now we routinely fling it around with wild abandon, we've really let our standards slide since daycare... well this has been a good public reminder of how low I've sunk. Now I want to go chew gum... where will my depravity end? I'll be in jail for jaywalking by dinner time at this rate!!! :o
    @Joh lol. We've figured out if you bold one letter it seems to work
    DD spreadsheet

Studio
    I wondered if you had special magical powers... you do! Thanks for the tip!
  • napoleonwrassenapoleonwrasse Posts: 310 Member
    I'm in southern California so that might explain why I get more ads.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.
  • KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I did get Morocco Mystique, Trithone! I got the loveseat first, for 60 (at 2:30 AM!), then Morocco Mystique for 85 (at 6:30 AM!) I saved 35 points off of the sale price of 180, at 56% off! So, that was stupid, lol! (I am sooooo tired... but I'll always have Morocco...)

I'm on the west coast of USA, so it was easy to get the loveseat at 11:19pm, but the full set wasnt until 3:19am. :( However, my sub-concious woke me up at 4am for some reason so I logged on and grabbed it. :)
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
    I've admired that set for awhile now, I'm off to try it out! I hope you enjoy yours too, Kevin!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top