Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are even working on toddlers?

Comments

• nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    KayeStar wrote: »
    Am I the only player who clicks on the crib (in Sims 2), selects "place *baby's name* in crib" and considers the "foolish sim who places baby willy-nilly anywhere" problem solved? Considering how easy it is to solve this minor frustration, it's not as big of a dramatic deal as some players seem to make it out to be.
    I recall someone saying they would often lose their babies because of sims putting them down on the ground. I'm sorry, but if you're losing your sims, you're extremely inattentive.

And it's not like it's rocket science to find the baby. All you have to do is right-click on his/her face icon and the camera will direct. Then, just have another sim come get the baby. Is this really so complicated?

I have my own frustrations with the previous games, but such an easily solved one (that's rare to begin with) is not one of them. How lazy are you??

I hated the way the TS2 sims would put babies on the floor :confounded: I watch over my sims and their babies like a hawk and make sure that they have the put the baby in the crib action queued whenever they take the baby out. I think tying babies to bassinets however is a really lazy solution, and would rather have my sims be occasionally put on the floor if that meant being able to bathe them, hand them off to relatives, play them on baby mats and playpens, walk around the house with them, etc. :disappointed:
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    Lyndsay is still watching the posts on that thread and commenting. On page 36 she has 2 more posts about some cute toddler concept art someone posted. I have no idea if she has more, too - I was just in there looking for a post a friend of mine on another site asked me to check out and was happy to see Lyndsay still watching the thread.

Anyway - bedtime for me - maybe we will hear something tomorrow - or soon anyway. I know the internet is on fire everywhere about this thread being stickied - and they are all - just about all - saying toddlers are coming. Cannot even imagine what would happen if that doesn't happen. I feel hopeful anyway. Nite all.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Not sure if they are working on them right now, but I know they are gonna be bringing them in eventually. As toddlers being one of the biggest requests for The Sims 4, it wouldn't be a good thing on their end to never include them in the game. So, I do think they will come eventually.
  • simIrrevirresimIrrevirre Posts: 763 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I choose to hope that toddlers will be added at some point. I feel like the longer EA stays silent on them, the bigger backlash there would be if they were announced to never be put back in the game. So why not just tell players the truth from the get-go? Instead of outright denying toddlers will/could/should be added, the team has stickied a toddler topic (I know that isn't proof btw but it just doesn't seem smart to give people more of a reason to speculate on something that won't happen). The team's silence on them makes me think that toddlers are at the very least being looked into enough to be considered 'future content' which is something their prohibited to talk about. I just can't buy that a company that's been around for so long would want to fuel the fire and create an eventual inferno, instead of lighting a match early on and just dealing with the consequences. Silence on this topic just digs them deeper into a hole, and the only way out seems to be to give people the content that they want.

It would make more sense if they wanted to surprise people with toddlers some time in the future, rather than surprising everyone with the news that they were never an option. :)

It's like pulling off a bandaid, EA. If you have something to say, get it over with quick.

I agree. It's so weird that now the stickied a toddlers topic. I wonder if its so people start speculating or if its a way to "respond" to all the angry comments in hopes people will forget about it and just have fun talking about what they would like to see in toddlers till it fades away.

Exactly. Don't worry, in a week or two, when they feel it safe to unpin the thread, they will do so. But they really think toddler threads will stop once they give people a bone. How cute. When one loses all trust for anyone, you think the worst, and usually, your gut instincts are right. Toddlers won't be in this iteration and they never were worked on pre-release in the first place.

Once SimGuruDrake start with the blog series to present another simguru I guess she probably unstick it as she (somewhere) said she don't like too many sticky threads.

And the sudden focus on toddlers seem to be due to the conversation between bethyGrace and SimGuruDrake

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14638998/#Comment_14638998

and it may seem strange in itself, that one post - after so many years and hundreds of threads and petitions for toddlers - received attention. But, I'm happy for it, as it could open up the possibility that they can finally say yes or no. It would be incredibly bad of them to continue to keep us on the gridiron ..

• bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    I put my rl son on the floor when he was a baby. How do you think he learned to put his head up, roll over, crawl. He actually crawled backwards before he learned to crawl on all fours. Had a little bald spot on the back of his head for months! How cute would that be in Sim4 for the babies, but that would require a different object to be made as the baby aged as well as more animations and apparently they have a rule about the number of animations we get. I don't have a problem with the Sims parents putting the baby on the floor. I just don't see them doing anything towards making babies or toddlers like we would want them :(
  • ebuchalaebuchala Posts: 4,945 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    What I meant by the way players loved it most was the family focus in the Sims 2 game compared to it being lacking a bit in the Sims 3. Of course I am sure Sims 2 had so much focus on everything they did add to that game - like how much better families were as well as the closeness of friends and even distant relatives that was a lot lacking in Sims 3 - or how Sims 2 did owning businesses better and such - those kind of things. Of course there is a lot of Sims 3 I also find better done than Sims 2 - and why it is so hard for me to choose which game I would rather play. I guess I am a bit lazy and just wish that the best of each would be just in the Sims 4 - lol.

I also think on my families part it is much of the same thing, added to the fact many of the things they have been missing in Sims 4 were from the same Sims 2 or Sims 3 game they loved the same as I did. We are family so it could be that as more of a factor than anything - and I can fully see how others may even see it differently.

One thing I do know is we have to at least start with the basics and that starts with the addition of this well missed life stage. If they go the extra mile and make it endearing by actually seeing and hearing what posters are pleading for - that is very much a step in the right direction.

I totally agree about people not even having to be your blood kins who may be more important than blood kin for sure - that we look on as family. If that was not the case not a person this planet could fall in love and add a blood line to the family along with that persons family. It is the way humans are. I equally think your children do not have to share your blood to be your child the exact same as the kids you have and that needs to be addressed. Family needs to thing of who ever one deems their family - even if they are your best friend - they it can somehow be respected and looked upon as family. I mean who hasn't had dear friends they thought higher than their own brothers or sisters. So yes, very much agree with that.

Heck I think of my furbabies as family in real life - so other human beings definitely. Also as a foster mom of 4 boys and 1 girl on top of 3 sons I birthed - I can tell you a momma's love is very much the same. As some have started families and gotten married - their children are just as much my grandkids as my natural childrens kids. Just to add the kids I fostered was the children few people choose - 13 and 14 years old, and it did not matter one iota I did not raise them from birth. I love all 5 as dearly as my natural kids. I know all the grand kids, nephews and nieces call each other cousin whether or not these family members share the blood. LOL. I am the mom my foster kids come to visit on Mothers Day - so yes family is family and needs to be depicted as such. So agree with that.

Yes it is too bad I can not even make my real household in this game as imagine a household with 7 teens and 1 child and each one bringing in at least one or two friends home with them after school. Never mind it seemed everybody had different school event activities, from a cheerleader, to 4 h, to boy scouts, to band, Glee Club, Chess club, a variety of sports - and 3 different schools. LOL. It was sometime mayhem and madness - but always tons of love, and lots of smiles and laughter. Oh and on top of that I worked full time, as did my husband, and I was attempting to finally get my BA first and Later my Masters degree. Wouldn't trade a day of it for any other day in the world.

Totally agree with pretty much everything you're saying here. I happen to be one of the few people that really believes they are working on toddlers and will add them in soon and I fully expect them to be as adorable as the kids and have plenty of interactions though I think we may have to wait for some interactions to get added over time. Maybe I'm being naive or having too much faith or whatever, but I really am confident in that happening. And, when it comes down to it, for me, it's ultimately just a game I play so I can afford to be optimistic about it. If it doesn't work out how I want, it doesn't work out.

Wow, your family sounds awesome. :smiley: My sister was more of the kid person--they adopted 4. I actually would have been into adopting one or even fostering a couple but my husband was never into that.

They definitely to round out the basics in the game by adding toddlers back. I'm hoping they'll throw some preteens in there as well.
    Origin ID: ebuchala
    I'm not a psychopath. I'm a high-functioning psychopath. Reaper
  • MonkinonkMonkinonk Posts: 120 Member
    I wish I could stop flipflopping around one whether I think toddlers are coming or not xD.
    One moment it's YES and literally two seconds later it's the saddest thing ever.

Regardless, I'm still tempted to put my favorite save on hold for toddlers. Just in case. I do wish EA would break their silence policy, even if it mean losing customers over it. I would still play it without toddlers, same as now, but it would be something of a bummer. Even if we don't get them, we certainly need some stronger family play material in an EP
    tE7NLOj.png
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited March 2016
    Monkinonk wrote: »
    I wish I could stop flipflopping around one whether I think toddlers are coming or not xD.
    One moment it's YES and literally two seconds later it's the saddest thing ever.

Regardless, I'm still tempted to put my favorite save on hold for toddlers. Just in case. I do wish EA would break their silence policy, even if it mean losing customers over it. I would still play it without toddlers, same as now, but it would be something of a bummer. Even if we don't get them, we certainly need some stronger family play material in an EP

That's what I did then I had to move to a new PC months later and can't remember what stick I have it on. lol I have a lovely black family of mom/dad/grandmother and they had triplets. I had a whole story worked out about the mom wants to have very popular dinner parties. The dad is waiting to go back in the military (if he is ever going to be called.....looking at you Maxis) and the grandmother is pushing for a large family. I couldn't let those triplets age into ten year old kids. I would like to play them again but don't want to see them age up like that. (ETA: I mentioned their race because I had put them on the gallery months ago, not sure they are still there).
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    edited March 2016
    rjssim wrote: »
    Not sure if they are working on them right now, but I know they are gonna be bringing them in eventually. As toddlers being one of the biggest requests for The Sims 4, it wouldn't be a good thing on their end to never include them in the game. So, I do think they will come eventually.

You have to keep in mind the sheer numbers of simmers who have stopped playing Sims 4 because people are tired of waiting - so the sooner they add them the sooner people come back to the game - who NEED this life stage in the game to enjoy it. It is after all considered the formative years in life - the stage in life where we form who we will be as adults - we are like little blackboards - clean slates - with just the barest functions as an infant - then we slowly turn into like sponges and start absorbing info. Our baby stage we figure out our basic needs and how to get what we need to exist - usually crying_which is of course via the older humans around us. But in toddler stage we activate the system to begin to learn how to obtain and do these things for ourselves one step at a time. Our minds are basic little black boards taking in how we see things done - and what we see and hear around us. We see people move and do things for us and some inner thing tells us we need to strive to do what they do. We learn to sit up - to turn over, to do thing as our bodies grow, our muscles strengthen, and our mind takes in all kinds of knowledge - forming how we use the info - how it is used between us and others - and how we obtain things ourselves instead of waiting for it to be handed to us. Toddlers learn many basic skills that even parents are not really consciously aware they are teaching them - as there is so much more we learn and take in during our formative years - besides learning to walk, talk, or any other skills - there are the sometimes even more important unseen things we learn just by watching those around us. Like how others treat each other. Sharing. how to dress ourselves by being dressed by others, especially how to undress ourselves - long before mom or dad teaches us to tie or untie our shoes.

Toddler stage of life is when we develop the early stages of our future personalities. It is the time when learn we are not the sun in the Universe and that the world really does not revolve around us - but we have to find the spot where we will eventually fit into the world and join the rest of the human race. The ideas of that future us is molded and shaped during these formative years. Things like how we bond with everyone around us - from our parents to our siblings to visitors to our house. A strong foundation built during our toddler years lays out what is usually the best in human nature and who we become - and how we will conduct ourselves through out our lives, as well as teach the next generation. Toddler years is when we bond or should fully bond with the first most important people in our lives.

The very fact in a game about life - from birth to grave - that it can be found acceptable to just pass over the formative years life stage is mind boggling. By the time a child reaches school age - they are pretty much basically who they are going to be for the rest of their lives. It is why it is most important parents or who ever raises you does the best job possible through out your toddler stage to make you a better human being as well as part of the future of our planet in many cases. Toddlers do not just learn through what you teach - they also learn by what they see the humans around them do with other humans, and how they treat you. Taught skills are actually the smaller part of what human beings learn by being purposely taught things - as first and foremost these wee humans learn by example.

So it is mind boggling that anyone can see this utmost important life stage as acceptable to be missing. I know myself I play the toddler stage to it's fullest knowing there is lot more to molding an adult via this all important stage. I never could understand why some people like to skip over it - as a part of me wonders what kind of parent they are in real life or what kind they will be - and the the sensible part of me - of course comes in and reminds me - this is just a game, and as usual I am overthinking this whole thing. LOL. But at the same time I do know I play the game just the way I try to live my life. I cannot help but notice the toddlers missing and I find babies turning into children as just horrifying - partly because no one ever taught them anything but how to be cared for - so they become lots of little useless "ME" people. I cannot even like the people they become - game or no game as there is no bond at all like I have with my sims in Sims 2 and Sims 3 where I raised the offspring in the game from birth, and I bonded with these little pixels. And when they grow old and lay dying I have been known to shed tears even though I know in my head this is just a game and they are not real - they are just pixels - tell it to my heart and brain - because I know what I feel. In Sims 4 I cannot form that attachment - as I said if anything I do not even really like the kids even though they are cute - they are just the same little pixels with a lot of different faces, skin - hair - and eye color, and nothing about them do I find endearing. It makes the game feel empty and way to shallow to be a game about life.

Of course this is just my opinion and part of who I am - I was taught by all the adults who were around me as a toddler to be caring and nurturing and loving - so it is hard for me to see even a pixel human and not be that person. The Sims 2 and 3 extends the real me - while the Sims 1 and 4 - are just game and something I played when the spirit moved me to amuse myself. But Sims 2 and 3 I was serious about - had to visit them every day - had to play out their lives and buy them every thing - they felt like a part of me - and all because of the small little life stage I never pre-aged up ever but played to it's utmost and bonded with.

In dreams - I LIVE!

edited March 2016
    ebuchala wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    What I meant by the way players loved it most was the family focus in the Sims 2 game compared to it being lacking a bit in the Sims 3. Of course I am sure Sims 2 had so much focus on everything they did add to that game - like how much better families were as well as the closeness of friends and even distant relatives that was a lot lacking in Sims 3 - or how Sims 2 did owning businesses better and such - those kind of things. Of course there is a lot of Sims 3 I also find better done than Sims 2 - and why it is so hard for me to choose which game I would rather play. I guess I am a bit lazy and just wish that the best of each would be just in the Sims 4 - lol.

I also think on my families part it is much of the same thing, added to the fact many of the things they have been missing in Sims 4 were from the same Sims 2 or Sims 3 game they loved the same as I did. We are family so it could be that as more of a factor than anything - and I can fully see how others may even see it differently.

One thing I do know is we have to at least start with the basics and that starts with the addition of this well missed life stage. If they go the extra mile and make it endearing by actually seeing and hearing what posters are pleading for - that is very much a step in the right direction.

I totally agree about people not even having to be your blood kins who may be more important than blood kin for sure - that we look on as family. If that was not the case not a person this planet could fall in love and add a blood line to the family along with that persons family. It is the way humans are. I equally think your children do not have to share your blood to be your child the exact same as the kids you have and that needs to be addressed. Family needs to thing of who ever one deems their family - even if they are your best friend - they it can somehow be respected and looked upon as family. I mean who hasn't had dear friends they thought higher than their own brothers or sisters. So yes, very much agree with that.

Heck I think of my furbabies as family in real life - so other human beings definitely. Also as a foster mom of 4 boys and 1 girl on top of 3 sons I birthed - I can tell you a momma's love is very much the same. As some have started families and gotten married - their children are just as much my grandkids as my natural childrens kids. Just to add the kids I fostered was the children few people choose - 13 and 14 years old, and it did not matter one iota I did not raise them from birth. I love all 5 as dearly as my natural kids. I know all the grand kids, nephews and nieces call each other cousin whether or not these family members share the blood. LOL. I am the mom my foster kids come to visit on Mothers Day - so yes family is family and needs to be depicted as such. So agree with that.

Yes it is too bad I can not even make my real household in this game as imagine a household with 7 teens and 1 child and each one bringing in at least one or two friends home with them after school. Never mind it seemed everybody had different school event activities, from a cheerleader, to 4 h, to boy scouts, to band, Glee Club, Chess club, a variety of sports - and 3 different schools. LOL. It was sometime mayhem and madness - but always tons of love, and lots of smiles and laughter. Oh and on top of that I worked full time, as did my husband, and I was attempting to finally get my BA first and Later my Masters degree. Wouldn't trade a day of it for any other day in the world.

Totally agree with pretty much everything you're saying here. I happen to be one of the few people that really believes they are working on toddlers and will add them in soon and I fully expect them to be as adorable as the kids and have plenty of interactions though I think we may have to wait for some interactions to get added over time. Maybe I'm being naive or having too much faith or whatever, but I really am confident in that happening. And, when it comes down to it, for me, it's ultimately just a game I play so I can afford to be optimistic about it. If it doesn't work out how I want, it doesn't work out.

Wow, your family sounds awesome. :smiley: My sister was more of the kid person--they adopted 4. I actually would have been into adopting one or even fostering a couple but my husband was never into that.

They definitely to round out the basics in the game by adding toddlers back. I'm hoping they'll throw some preteens in there as well.

Thank you - and my family is more than awesome!!!! I would have loved to have adopted all my foster kids but they did have some family ties (other younger siblings mostly) I could understand they wanted to keep legally connected to and being teens we did discuss these things often - and in the end it was always up to the kids what they wanted. They already knew I could not love them any more whether or not they were legally my own children. My husband and I both made sure they knew that. So they had the best of both worlds - they stayed tied to their sibling as well as an equal part of our family. Plus the door was always open to their siblings as well. LOL In fact most of their blood siblings also think of our house as home - and everyone calls me mom or MA. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

I choose to hope that toddlers will be added at some point. I feel like the longer EA stays silent on them, the bigger backlash there would be if they were announced to never be put back in the game. So why not just tell players the truth from the get-go? Instead of outright denying toddlers will/could/should be added, the team has stickied a toddler topic (I know that isn't proof btw but it just doesn't seem smart to give people more of a reason to speculate on something that won't happen). The team's silence on them makes me think that toddlers are at the very least being looked into enough to be considered 'future content' which is something their prohibited to talk about. I just can't buy that a company that's been around for so long would want to fuel the fire and create an eventual inferno, instead of lighting a match early on and just dealing with the consequences. Silence on this topic just digs them deeper into a hole, and the only way out seems to be to give people the content that they want.

It would make more sense if they wanted to surprise people with toddlers some time in the future, rather than surprising everyone with the news that they were never an option. :)

It's like pulling off a bandaid, EA. If you have something to say, get it over with quick.

I agree. It's so weird that now the stickied a toddlers topic. I wonder if its so people start speculating or if its a way to "respond" to all the angry comments in hopes people will forget about it and just have fun talking about what they would like to see in toddlers till it fades away.

Exactly. Don't worry, in a week or two, when they feel it safe to unpin the thread, they will do so. But they really think toddler threads will stop once they give people a bone. How cute. When one loses all trust for anyone, you think the worst, and usually, your gut instincts are right. Toddlers won't be in this iteration and they never were worked on pre-release in the first place.

Once SimGuruDrake start with the blog series to present another simguru I guess she probably unstick it as she (somewhere) said she don't like too many sticky threads.

And the sudden focus on toddlers seem to be due to the conversation between bethyGrace and SimGuruDrake

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/14638998/#Comment_14638998

and it may seem strange in itself, that one post - after so many years and hundreds of threads and petitions for toddlers - received attention. But, I'm happy for it, as it could open up the possibility that they can finally say yes or no. It would be incredibly bad of them to continue to keep us on the gridiron ..

IKR, I mean she never played families in all these years....and they don't seem to actually understand that big family play thread though some of them (including Lyndsay who worked on some things for TS2) have visited it in the past. Sigh...I'm off the hype train. Thank you for pointing out why this thread of ideas about toddlers got stickied in the first place. And it sort of doesn't help to see SGDrake say she was only interested from a point of view from player to player (between her and Beth) to see how she played and why. Oh, well, back to TS2 for family play I guess.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Someone posted this really nice picture of what toddlers could look like, you can find it here tumblr_nxglg9tk6z1tb81rgo1_540.jpg
    giphy_1.gif
  • SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    @Writin_Reg
    So it is mind boggling that anyone can see this utmost important life stage as acceptable to be missing.

This 100%. But then again, I also believe that the only reasonable change to life stages would be adding stages, and not removing them.

It's surprising to me to read other threads, in which players are asking for things to be removed from the game, because they don't like them. I feel that TS4 already lacks so much content, by the time we remove everything that players don't want, we will be sitting in front of a huge green plumbob on the screen and nothing more.
    "Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,414 Member
    Am I the only player who clicks on the crib (in Sims 2), selects "place *baby's name* in crib" and considers the "foolish sim who places baby willy-nilly anywhere" problem solved? Considering how easy it is to solve this minor frustration, it's not as big of a dramatic deal as some players seem to make it out to be.

I didn't even know you could do that actually. But really placing them down on the floor shouldn't happen period unless you are putting them on a playmat. That's my real issue.
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    SimmieSims wrote: »
    This 100%. But then again, I also believe that the only reasonable change to life stages would be adding stages, and not removing them.

It's surprising to me to read other threads, in which players are asking for things to be removed from the game, because they don't like them. I feel that TS4 already lacks so much content, by the time we remove everything that players don't want, we will be sitting in front of a huge green plumbob on the screen and nothing more.

Even then, some people don't like having plumbobs constantly over their sims heads and use cheats to turn it off. :p

I didn't even know you could do that actually. But really placing them down on the floor shouldn't happen period unless you are putting them on a playmat. That's my real issue.

I actually did put babies in the living room with the parents or others when my Sim needed to read or watch TV. I just put a rug there and pretend the baby is on a rug. Really, my Mom (when I was about five) and her sister placed a blanket on floor to let her niece rest and gurgle so they could keep an eye on the baby (with no crib at my Moms didn't have carry alls and stuff like that back then) so it wouldn't roll off the bed. I never had a problem with it. And the babies in TS2 and TS3 will be fine on the floor since they don't need as much sleep as adults and good to build social if in same room. It has it's advantages.
    edited March 2016
    SimmieSims wrote: »
    @Writin_Reg
    So it is mind boggling that anyone can see this utmost important life stage as acceptable to be missing.

I know. Why ask for removal of anything - when you can just not use or play with things you don't like. Why punish other people who may like something you don't?

Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!

• SimmieSimsSimmieSims Posts: 234 Member
    @IchigoUsagi
    Even then, some people don't like having plumbobs constantly over their sims heads and use cheats to turn it off. :p

Lol, you're right! And even with a black screen, we would probably have die hard defenders of the game, saying that they love it. Best game ever.

"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning." - William Henry Gates III
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I would like to think they are working on toddler's and preteens.
    Hopefully they are.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I would like to think they are working on toddler's and preteens.
    Hopefully they are.

I hope so too, it would be nice to have toddlers back in Sims, plus it will be an interesting development to work with preteen Sims, adding some new form of family play, as well as gameplay.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10
  • FewerNutriaFewerNutria Posts: 50 Member
    I really hope they add them. They may be VERY annoying, but they were a stage of life that EA completely skipped out on. I agree with a lot of people that say they may come with Generations. Honestly, I think they are going to add them in with Pets because, lets face it, Todlers are basicly pets anyway...
  • jaxie086jaxie086 Posts: 1,920 Member
    Even if they do bring back toddlers, I don't think they will be done very well; toddlers won't fit into this "young adult, party hardy, skill-up obsessed" game focus that the team's got going now. If they do add toddlers it will probably be more like a bone throw to all the toddler hungry simmers (me included). Kind of like a "Here ya go, now get off our backs" kind of thing.
  • jheyjuneicejheyjuneice Posts: 335 Member
    I'm remaining very hopeful but as jaxie said I also feel that if we got them they wouldn't be done well. They may even be quite static similar to how the babies are stuck to a bassinet and are nothing more than dolls. Or they could be really planning huge and great and want to surprise us.
    6Y6GB8R.png
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Someone posted this really nice picture of what toddlers could look like, you can find it here tumblr_nxglg9tk6z1tb81rgo1_540.jpg

I saw this! Its so cute! Thanks for sharing it here :)
    21mbz47.jpg
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member

I saw this! Its so cute! Thanks for sharing it here :)

That looks pretty cool, that is how I imagined Sims 4's Toddlers would look like.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10