Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers need to be given to us in a *FREE* patch! NOT in any form of DLC!

Comments

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    edited March 2016
    Uhhhh, when did I suggest that? Yeah EA's greedy, that's why I said they'll give us barebones toddlers and then make us pay for SPs, GPs, etc that expand them lol. I never said players SHOULD pay for it, I said knowing EA they'll WANT players to pay for it.

Yeah toddlers aren't brand new, yeah I know they've been there since TS2, but they're brand new to TS4. They can't just copy and paste TS3 toddlers into TS4 and make everything dandy. To make toddlers for TS4 they will have to animate them, voice them, model them, etc. It isn't like teens through elders where minor features are added to the same height.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    If they do come, I will patch them or buy them or do whatever it takes to get them in my game. I'm not going to sit here and go "I will never pay for base game content!" because I just know that I'll see all the pictures of everybody else's toddlers and go, "never mind, I need that. Take my money" :lol: Terrible, but true. I'm weak.

I agree that they *ought* to be patched for free, maybe with the promise of a game pack full of toddler stuff to come, or an EP. And I do feel like that would be the best course of action. Hopefully a basegame patch would mean they can incorporate them into all of the coming EPs and GPs etc a little easier, and obviously to also give them functionality in the EPs and GPs etc that have already come out.

If they DO add them to the game, I forsee many many glitch patches coming in the future as well... Just a feeling.

But a stickied ideas thread doesn't mean much unfortunately. Nothing is confirmed. It's awful how much everybody's hopes have flown upward over the past week or so... I really hope that they don't come crashing down again.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Toddlers should not be in a forced patch, period.
    Now should it be payed, or free... Is the development time spent on them not wroth a penny?

We've already paid the money that toddlers are worth when we bought the base game that wasn't finished. Stop acting like just because you don't want toddlers in the game means that everyone who does should be forced to pay for them if they do. You probably never even played the games prior to The Sims 4.

My most successful let's play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF6KU6xdh9k&index=2&list=PL4FF2C3F6A7DCB716

also my most favorite childhood game.

So no actually, I did play all of the sims games, however that doesn't mean that I can't view all of them as separate entities and see them as worth my money for different reasons.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,170 Member
    Toddler should be in a free patch,for these following reasons

1. Toddlers should been in the base game first place. There really is no excuae,or why they didn't even had a life stage similar too it. (They could also made something like a little kid 2-5) They wanted reveolution the sims,than EA should gave them more people working on the game. or bet it yet they could post poned the release . And relesed a year ,and a half later with toddlers. Also other base game necessities,and work on the emotion a bit better.(Note Sims 4 is better now,but it shouldn't been release like it was I mean before any patches)
    2.Selling a life stage is greedy
    The life stages,are the stages of life for the sims. Its a basic feature of there everyday life,and development.
    3 The slipperly slope
    Now if EA does put toddlers in a pack,and we buy them. Were letting them do a slippery slope,and leading something worse . You think Toddlers,would be the only thing EA would try to sell back that as suppose to be in the base game? Ha Imagine Sims 5 it has better graphics,and some new features . The life stages oh no toddlers,but also no teens. Hey they would sell them in another pack? See my point . :/

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    bethyGrace wrote: »
    If they do come, I will patch them or buy them or do whatever it takes to get them in my game. I'm not going to sit here and go "I will never pay for base game content!" because I just know that I'll see all the pictures of everybody else's toddlers and go, "never mind, I need that. Take my money" :lol: Terrible, but true. I'm weak.

I agree that they *ought* to be patched for free, maybe with the promise of a game pack full of toddler stuff to come, or an EP. And I do feel like that would be the best course of action. Hopefully a basegame patch would mean they can incorporate them into all of the coming EPs and GPs etc a little easier, and obviously to also give them functionality in the EPs and GPs etc that have already come out.

If they DO add them to the game, I forsee many many glitch patches coming in the future as well... Just a feeling.

But a stickied ideas thread doesn't mean much unfortunately. Nothing is confirmed. It's awful how much everybody's hopes have flown upward over the past week or so... I really hope that they don't come crashing down again.

They definitely won't be getting any money from me if they decide to take the greedy route and charge us for toddlers. I also know many others who wouldn't either. Honestly, The Sims 4 isn't much of a loss for me if I ever stopped playing it. The game already bores me to death when I play. I'll admit that I have gotten hooked on it from time to time, but that addiction soon fades afterward. I can live without The Sims 4 if I needed to. Sims 2 and Sims 3 are much better games anyway. If toddlers aren't patched in for free, then I'll officially be done with this game and may or may not even buy Sims 5 (if it ever comes out). If I were to buy Sims 5, I would need to have an official confirmation from EA that all base game features will be included. This means all life stages (babies, toddlers, children, teenagers, young adults, adults, and elders). If preteens are added, great. If not, I won't care since they've never been in the game before anyway.

The Sims 4 is on a very thin line for me. One more bad move made by EA and I will no longer support the game. Releasing toddlers is their final chance with me to decide if I will continue supporting The Sims 4 or not. They better do it right.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Toddlers should be patched in

For one note they've been around since TS2 & TS3

If you want more toddler content or so it could be in a Generations EP and even family theme SPs / GPs

If the team makes Toddlers for only Generations EP and it's fleshed out well I'll buy it

If it's thrown into a GP or SP not so well that's when I start shaking my head at missed chances
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Oh give me a break! This isn't about a game being perfect or how other games fall further behind than The Sims! It's about the fact that Sims 2 and Sims 3 both included toddlers in their base games with no problem, but suddenly Sims 4 lacks them for no reason at all. It's about the fact that toddlers were originally confirmed to be in the game, but removed at last minute.

Also, we've already given them chances to respond to our criticism. We've been asking for toddlers since even before the game was released and we have yet to even receive a direct answer! Stop giving them excuses for ignoring and denying our requests. That's all on them, not us! It's people like you who make game companies think it's 'okay' to constantly release unfinished games and then making their players pay extra later on for the missing content with no backlash!

Sims fans are literally the most loyal and dedicated people of any video game franchise! We've been ripped off, robbed of our money, and lied to so many times over the past 15 years, but we still stick around for EA and Maxis to continue doing what they have been. They should be happy and grateful they even have fans left! The Sims has always been a money grabbing cash cow since day ONE! With all the overly priced expansion packs, stuff packs, store content, and game packs they've released over the years, they should feel lucky people are still willing to give their money to them!

It's not about the game being perfect, but I thought I was responding to someones elses question?..

Can we just understand here that were not dealing with a fast food restaurant? This Is a franchise that Is part of a company.. there are decisions on decisions and a lot of work they have to do. Of course they should've already had Toddlers, but you know what, I'd rather for them to take a whole year to make the Sims 4 Toddlers perfect Instead of us having to make threads about Improving them which you would be doing right now If they wouldn't have been made completely.

Instead SimguruDrake (lead of the forums) stickied a thread about Ideas which shows you they are paying attention and secretly In the dark making them (who knows what) and cooperating with us and trying to understand how we want our Toddlers, how we want our interactions and how to IMMERSE us with better family play.

We are not dealing with the manager of Mcdonalds.
    We are dealing with a studio, a franchise, and a company. It's easy to request anything, but until you helped them months on end help create anything In game, we shouldn't be complaining but Instead providing constructive criticism like the Guru's say.
    poppykoke wrote: »
    Oh give me a break! This isn't about a game being perfect or how other games fall further behind than The Sims! It's about the fact that Sims 2 and Sims 3 both included toddlers in their base games with no problem, but suddenly Sims 4 lacks them for no reason at all. It's about the fact that toddlers were originally confirmed to be in the game, but removed at last minute.

Also, we've already given them chances to respond to our criticism. We've been asking for toddlers since even before the game was released and we have yet to even receive a direct answer! Stop giving them excuses for ignoring and denying our requests. That's all on them, not us! It's people like you who make game companies think it's 'okay' to constantly release unfinished games and then making their players pay extra later on for the missing content with no backlash!

Sims fans are literally the most loyal and dedicated people of any video game franchise! We've been ripped off, robbed of our money, and lied to so many times over the past 15 years, but we still stick around for EA and Maxis to continue doing what they have been. They should be happy and grateful they even have fans left! The Sims has always been a money grabbing cash cow since day ONE! With all the overly priced expansion packs, stuff packs, store content, and game packs they've released over the years, they should feel lucky people are still willing to give their money to them!

It's not about the game being perfect, but I thought I was responding to someones elses question?..

Can we just understand here that were not dealing with a fast food restaurant? This Is a franchise that Is part of a company.. there are decisions on decisions and a lot of work they have to do. Of course they should've already had Toddlers, but you know what, I'd rather for them to take a whole year to make the Sims 4 Toddlers perfect Instead of us having to make threads about Improving them which you would be doing right now If they wouldn't have been made completely.

Instead SimguruDrake (lead of the forums) stickied a thread about Ideas which shows you they are paying attention and secretly In the dark making them (who knows what) and cooperating with us and trying to understand how we want our Toddlers, how we want our interactions and how to IMMERSE us with better family play.

We are not dealing with the manager of Mcdonalds.
    We are dealing with a studio, a franchise, and a company. It's easy to request anything, but until you helped them months on end help create anything In game, we shouldn't be complaining but Instead providing constructive criticism like the Guru's say.

Nothing in my post was about how long it will or should take the developers to create toddlers. It's about whether or not we'll be paying for them that concerns me. If creating toddlers takes a long time, then fine. But, the least EA could do is at least let us know that they're being worked on. We at least deserve an answer about that. Also, no matter how long it takes for them to be created, I still refuse to actually pay extra money for them. I already purchased the base game (which they should have came with in the first place). The length of time that's needed to develop toddlers is no longer a concern for me. It's whether they'll be DLC or patched in for free that I'm worried about.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Toddlers will be DLC as all sims content is. weather or not they are free or part of a expansion or gamepack that is EA's choice.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    Toddlers will be DLC as all sims content is. weather or not they are free or part of a expansion or gamepack that is EA's choice.

I don't see why patches are being ruled out, especially after the large patch to upgrade the game to 64 bit.

I am leaning towards toddlers not coming, but if they do then they better be free.

DLC generally means we need to pay for it. Even though money isn't specifically mentioned, that's the intention of 'DLC'.

And I'm well aware that it's EA's choice. Never once did I suggest otherwise. I've even stated several times that it is indeed their choice.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg

I don't see why patches are being ruled out, especially after the large patch to upgrade the game to 64 bit.

I am leaning towards toddlers not coming, but if they do then they better be free.

That was actually an excellent point! :) Thanks so much for bringing up the 64-Bit patch! I completely forgot about that.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    Please EA can we have...

vrg8dl.jpg
    raw
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    It's worth the 60 I paid for the shell of the base game.

funny, because I also payed 60$, but I don't consider it a shell of a base game. I already had over 200 hours put into it and did not regret a single minute. If a game is a shell for you, why didn't you refund it?
    And for that matter this statement suggests that the game would no longer be a "shell" for you if it had toddlers. Yet toddlers themselves are not worth a penny?

Interesting points :smile:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    As long as they are selling me content I like, I'll be happy to give them money. And that includes toddlers, or any further content that expand toddlers.
    edited March 2016
    It's worth the 60 I paid for the shell of the base game.

funny, because I also payed 60$, but I don't consider it a shell of a base game. I already had over 200 hours put into it and did not regret a single minute. If a game is a shell for you, why didn't you refund it?
    And for that matter this statement suggests that the game would no longer be a "shell" for you if it had toddlers. Yet toddlers themselves are not worth a penny?

Interesting points :smile:

Except for the fact that this person missed the point of my post. Oddly enough, they never replied to the post where I pointed out their foolish assumptions.

And I know that people are free to buy what they please, but I can't get my head around paying for content that belongs in the basegame like toddlers do. That's another reason why I am not supporting TS4, since they have charged 10 dollars a piece to resell things to you. Its a freemium model for a game that should not have it. This supports their greed, and you can't expect them to change when you take the bait.
    But have fun moaning during Sims 5 when toilets and teens are missing only to reappear with a pricetag.

Upgrading a game to 64 bit isn't very hard to do because it mainly only require you to recompile the source code and tell the compiler to optimize the compiled code to 64 bit. So it will usually always be done as a free update as soon as the company believe that nobody needs to run it on a 32 bit computer anymore.

But patching toddlers into the game at this time would probably cost more developing and testing time than a normal GP would. Therefore I don't believe for a minute that EA will do it for free.
    Erpe wrote: »

Upgrading a game to 64 bit isn't very hard to do because it mainly only require you to recompile the source code and tell the compiler to optimize the compiled code to 64 bit. So it will usually always be done as a free update as soon as the company believe that nobody needs to run it on a 32 bit computer anymore.

But patching toddlers into the game at this time would probably cost more developing and testing time than a normal GP would. Therefore I don't believe for a minute that EA will do it for free.

So it's possible, just expensive. I'm not holding out on this, but at the rate that fans are losing faith, this is likely the best way they can go about it. Though a percentage of the family play group and fans will purchase if it's an EP/GP, another will be outraged. If that does indeed happen, it'll end up being a complete lack of respect towards the players and I'll be done with the franchise for certain.
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    To7m wrote: »
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I believe there will be limitations with patching, and toddlers will be compromised in some form. What I do not want is them giving us toddlers for free, but half-baked. If they come in TS4, they should be better than 2 and 3.

If them coming in a Generations pack means they'll be fully fleshed out, then I'm fine with that.

I agree here - fully flushed out is ALWAYs good but I refuse to pay for them, even if they poop angry gold nuggets... Lol

I just won't do it.

--T

It's dependent on the route they choose, IMHO.

If they pull something like the Patio Stuff pack and practically charge 10 dollars for ONE feature everyone wants, then that's pretty ridiculous and unacceptable. But if they throw the life stage, fully improved upon the predecessor versions, with a massive amount of content to justify the price tag, then I'd be more okay with that.

Idk. I'm just not willing to pay for a life stage that should already be there. Agreed though, I honestly don't mind paying to expand on them and other areas of generational play.

I just refuse to pay for the life stage itself and I'll be playing with toddlers way before I buy any pack for them to see if they're even worth it in the first place... It's a tough one for me.

--T

Neia wrote: »
    As long as they are selling me content I like, I'll be happy to give them money. And that includes toddlers, or any further content that expand toddlers.

Yeah, and you're exactly the kind of person who keeps making game companies think it's actually 'okay' to release incomplete games and make the fans pay extra for the missing content later on.

I already gave them my money for toddlers when I bought the base game. I do NOT and should NOT need to pay extra for toddlers... especially when the base game itself was $60+ at launch. They should have been included to begin with. You're probably just another EA fanboy/fangirl who can't stand the idea of their beloved company being called out for the greedy money grabbers they are.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    Ummm.... no they don't. While it would be appreciated, it's in no way mandatory. EA is a business. You bought the game knowing that toddlers were going to come in the future, and you knew how most future content is added to the game--in the form of EPs. EA never said they would give us toddlers for free. If they are bundled in a Generations pack and they are awesome, that is sufficient. Of course free is better, but DLC is fine. Maybe if toddlers are not vital for your gameplay you can sit them out if they are DLC. I can't and won't. I'll pay for tots and better family play because my game is useless otherwise. :unamused:

You clearly didn't read the entire post... all you read was "toddlers need to be given to us for free" and decided to comment. Also, people like you only prove my point even further. It's people like you who make game companies actually believe it's 'okay' to release incomplete games and then make their fans pay extra money later on for the missing content. People like you are the problem with the gaming industry.

You're right, got totally put off by the title. For the record, I haven't put a penny into the store, and I have not bought any GPs or SPs and boycotted GT (and will continue to do so). I do not think that it's OK to release an incomplete game and I do not support microtransacations. That said, EA said from the start that they would not deliver toddlers in the base game but that they would deliver it later. I never assumed it would be for free--although I would prefer it to be free (of course), if they deliver a superior toddler experience that couldn't have been done if they shoehorned tots into the base game, then I don't mind paying. If they fix my game for $40, then I didn't lose $80... if everything works out and I like the game afterwards, then lesson learnt: in the future I won't be early adopting any more Sims products.

Anyway, EA hasn't even announced toddlers yet, and lately there has been a really antagonistic, demanding, and negative tone towards the company without them even doing anything! Maybe because I only play the sims and I'm not playing TS4 because I'm still waiting for my tots, I don't understand how a company can release a highly praised EP followed shortly by a seeming popular SP and one month later people are demanding new content already and hyped--but in no way guaranteed content--be given to them for free. It's not even a "I'd appreciate it if..." it's just "EA NEEDS to do whatever..." I seriously don't get it :confused:

I just hope if this is even in the works at all, that EA is focusing on making an amazing in-depth Generations EP with toddlers. I don't want freebie tots tossed in like these bassinet babies :unamused:
    edited March 2016
    ^ Reading the replies here should give you more than enough clarification. People aren't demanding "new content", but the old one which is missing and has been missing, which EA/Maxis declines to comment on and hasn't said much about going on for almost two years. So basically, the first part of your post?

This is NOT news. Just look at every page in this section of the forum!
    And just because you might be fine with paying for better toddlers (don't get your hopes up with this entry into the franchise), it does NOT give you the right to invalidate others and pretend that all they're doing is kicking and whining over freebies.

The company HAS NOT done anything and their inaction and lack of acknowledgement is the exact reason why players are so frustrated.

Yeah, and you're exactly the kind of person who keeps making game companies think it's actually 'okay' to release incomplete games and make the fans pay extra for the missing content later on.

I already gave them my money for toddlers when I bought the base game. I do NOT and should NOT need to pay extra for toddlers... especially when the base game itself was $60+ at launch. They should have been included to begin with. You're probably just another EA fanboy/fangirl who can't stand the idea of their beloved company being called out for the greedy money grabbers they are.

There was no toddlers in the base game, nor were there supposed to be. EA has creative freedom over the game. Don't like the direction, don't give them money.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

There was no toddlers in the base game, nor were there supposed to be. EA has creative freedom over the game. Don't like the direction, don't give them money.

I guess that's my point too. I want toddlers savagely, but I also knew there was always the possibility of them not returning for free. @PrincessSaturn, I understand that EA's PR this iteration has been awful, so I agree with you there. But they literally just released an SP last month and a GP three months ago. Also, based on other players feedback the game is getting better. I don't want to have waited for toddlers for this long just to have them shoehorned in.

And it's not the frustration that I don't get, it's the demand. EA owes us nothing... they've obviously proven that years of loyalty to their brand means nothing to them. As consumers we have the right to not to buy if they continue to demonstrate that their party party party vision is the future of the sims. We don't have the right to demand that EA work for free and deliver a quality product at the same time. We have always had the option to sit this game out. EA never offered free patched content until after the release. You paid $60 for the base game and the promise that EA would make a better game, yeah? Well, we all did and we all went into this eyes wide open--and while I'm not playing any more, I hear a lot of positive feedback with each paid for addition to the game. Hot tubs, normal careers, aliens, social outings, and yoga--we had to pay for these, yeah?

If toddlers are the exact same as TS2 toddlers (or TS3 toddlers which I've never played) then yes, I can see fans getting worked up if they aren't free, but assuming we do have to pay for toddlers it will be because they are bundled in an EP that improves family play overall, and that quality cost EA time and money to make.

And yes, I realise that a Generations EP may not even salvage TS4, but I've been whinging since day one over family play and if EA delivers it, then I'm going to try it out. I'm not going to sit by and say... "now you have to give it to me for free... or else."

Again, EA never said they would deliver toddlers for free; they just said they understood our concerns and were going to work to deliver them in the future. If in TS5 toddlers are not in the base game--that go around I won't buy the base game. Live and learn. People who bought the base game and expected toddlers for free--that's on them if toddlers are bundled an EP.

Finally, I agree. Toddlers should have been included in the base game--that's a given, but they weren't and some of us accepted that and bought the game anyway acknowledging at that the time that EA would likely make us pay. I would like free toddlers as much as everyone else, but I don't want freebie tots that don't improve the game play. In this case, I want a full Generations EP if that is possible.

BTW: As someone who hates being called a "hater", please let's drop the "fanboy/girl" name calling... we should be able to have different opinions and whinge, gush, and bicker as much as we want over the game without slinging mean-spirited terms like "hater" or "fanboy/girl" :unamused:
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @nanashi-sims for me the promises inferred that base would be finished. The game I bought on preorder was absolutely not worth the price tag-there was zero mitigation of the mess they made releasing the vase unfinished.

Yes they don't *have* to offer them free. But if they want to keep succeeding in the long term they need to very carefully decide how to address this elephant in the room. It could absolutely turn the poor PR on a dime to 'wow they came through' if they showed good faith in patching toddlers and the basics into the base for free. Or if they choose to charge? They'll be knowingly turning away a lot of potential continued investment from people on principle and in the future it will require a lot more convincing to make their customers buy. I'm pretty sure they know that.

I'd hope they have the sense to show good faith and at least *attempt* to heal the damage caused by rushing an unfinished game out and subjecting this game to terrible PR. Not that I have much faith in EA, or any for that matter-but I'm pretty sure this community has made sure they know exactly how much this matters to them. I'd hope someone at EA has the sense to recognise the opportunity to turn the poor reputation around and the profits from doing so being higher than if this poor reputation follows TS4 through its complete development cycle.