Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    They may wait until April when their new budget starts. Maybe the end of this budget didn't bring in enough to finish something.

Serious answer: That's actually a likely theory.

Non serious answer: they should release more stuff then so that we can buy it and they can make more money (Ignoring the fact that it takes money to make money.)
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • dspvitordspvitor Posts: 45 Member
    @SimGuruDrake this week we will a patch update so?
    Sorry my bad English. Not mastered the language and use a translator to be closer to you.
    edited March 2016
    dspvitor wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake this week we will a patch update so?

I would say it may be possible. She did indicate that we are getting a patch sometime in this month, more as a bone to throw us since there was nothing else she could give us, and since they never announce patches before hand, it could show up any week with no announcement, probably Tuesdays or Thursdays.

I'm not going to get my hopes up it's this week though!
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    @SimGuruDrake Could you please, at least, tell us if this month is going to have any Stuff Pack or Game Pack?

At this time, if there isn't an announcement this week and they continue to follow the announce pattern (2 weeks before release) then we will not see a game pack in the month of March. Still could see a Stuff Pack, but that really doesn't do much on the Game Pack front.

For a new form of content distribution they are really not taking advantage of it. It was a really good concept, that apparently is not panning out very well for them. I foresee GP's being dropped and resources going toward more SP's and EP's. Clearly they don't have enough people to handle keeping an even mix of content in the game.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    I don't even want a restaurant GP... that's so lame. It should have been included in the sims 4 get together
    21mbz47.jpg
    @SimGuruDrake Could you please, at least, tell us if this month is going to have any Stuff Pack or Game Pack?

At this time, if there isn't an announcement this week and they continue to follow the announce pattern (2 weeks before release) then we will not see a game pack in the month of March. Still could see a Stuff Pack, but that really doesn't do much on the Game Pack front.

For a new form of content distribution they are really not taking advantage of it. It was a really good concept, that apparently is not panning out very well for them. I foresee GP's being dropped and resources going toward more SP's and EP's. Clearly they don't have enough people to handle keeping an even mix of content in the game.

Exactly. Cut out the GPs and release the Kraken! EP!!
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I don't even want a restaurant GP... that's so lame. It should have been included in the sims 4 get together

It'll be in the next EP: Sims 4: Get Full.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

It'll be in the next EP: Sims 4: Get Full.

Hahaha I believe you
    21mbz47.jpg
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    Give me a generations ep with toddlers and preteens and everything we have all asked for them I will be quiet and also I want a city style gp and pets too then I'll be a happy bunny :) couldn't careless about a restaurant gp
    giphy_1.gif
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I think my Magic Drake Ball is broken. It seems to be stuck on "No"

Do I get a refund?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

True at this point I just send my Sims to a bar now to order better food than going to cafes. I don't expect a real restaurant system in this game, either (TS3). I don't think they can or will do it, and or know how. Sorry, Gurus, but my faith in you as programmers is waning. I mean they can't even sit together without moving around at a café. That might be too much headache for this game for them to try to fix or not fix but reprogram the whole game so Sims stop using musical chairs which is part of their actual plan to make them do that.

So, I think it's not a restaurant hint at all, and might be a Hungry Hippo game for kids. That's my story. lol
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    I think my Magic Drake Ball is broken. It seems to be stuck on "No"

Do I get a refund?

I was wondering the same thing! :wink:
    I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Restaurants seem cool if done right, I hope with all this time they're taking they make them amazing if that's what the GP is about, like being able to run our own.
    If we end up with lame, half-baked pop up restaraunts then it won't even be worth the wait imo
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,553 Member
    *slowly walks in and sees all the cute animals*

BRIEz4G.gif

no.jpg
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
    Can't help but wonder, if it is going to be restaurants, if it's done like the spa, where are we even going to put them in our worlds? These worlds are so tiny and we can't add any lots, I think our bulldozer operator must be the highest paid NPC out there with all the work s/he does.
    Petarce123 wrote: »
    I feel like there won't be a Game Pack released in March!!! :(

I'm starting to feel like that too. :(

@SimGuruDrake Can we expect any kind of pack this month?

There will not be a pack this month.

Thank You. Now, I can get off here and stop trolling the forums. :D Seriously, thanks, just as I thought.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Wish we could've been told that a couple weeks ago... :cry:
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    Thank you @SimGuruDrake that helps to know this.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Ok.........
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Aussie_SimmerAussie_Simmer Posts: 2,623 Member
    Thank you for clarification. It's much appreciated. Communication is so important.
    Aussie_Simmer
    Well that doesn't mean we won't get an announcement this month. That train can keep running!
  • AmiutzaAmiutza Posts: 1,796 Member
    Well at least the people who didn't want a stuff pack got their wish?
    hhHD2XB.png
    My tumblr - A world of clutter and color
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Well that doesn't mean we won't get an announcement this month. That train can keep running!

ROFL. Your humor gives me a good laugh, more often than you know! Yes, Maybe the 22nd.
  • thesimsisepicthesimsisepic Posts: 102 Member

FINALLY! Now i don't feel so in the dark. A little dissapointed yes, but at least there will be a patch that should bring a few new gameplay quirks or tweaks which is fine. I'm just happy we finally know what to expect this month :sweat_smile:
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top