Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is the next game pack about restaurants? New tweet suggests so!

Comments

• Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    QDog wrote: »
    2d16c11a-d6ec-11e4-b319-12771640ddce.gif

Seriously though, I don't get the secrecy. Why can't they just tell us when we should expect an announcement? I'm not even saying they tell us when should we expect an EP or GP but at least tell us when you will announce it! They could hype their fan base eg with a big count down in a banner in these forums, or with small pictures or hints so that we can theorize about what is coming. I'm pretty sure they have put a llama in charge of marketing this game.

I'm personally thinking a countdown banner might be asking for trouble and a little too specific especially if there are delays. It's very much asking for trouble. However they could give us a general idea of a time line and a general theme. Something at least. Even just estimates, like "our goals for first quarter are GP ABC and SP XYZ and MNO, etc." always with the required addendum these are estimates and may be subject to change. But at least we would know something.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    anyone want some cake while we wait?
    slide_337377_3422627_free.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options

I bet it tastes like disappointment.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    jcp011c2 wrote: »

I bet it tastes like disappointment.

Nah it tastes like cardboard because I cant cook :joy:
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    Bernhardvd22Bernhardvd22 Posts: 250 Member

give me an cake when GamePack3 arrives :#
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

Seriously though, I don't get the secrecy. Why can't they just tell us when we should expect an announcement? I'm not even saying they tell us when should we expect an EP or GP but at least tell us when you will announce it! They could hype their fan base eg with a big count down in a banner in these forums, or with small pictures or hints so that we can theorize about what is coming. I'm pretty sure they have put a llama in charge of marketing this game.

I'm personally thinking a countdown banner might be asking for trouble and a little too specific especially if there are delays. It's very much asking for trouble. However they could give us a general idea of a time line and a general theme. Something at least. Even just estimates, like "our goals for first quarter are GP ABC and SP XYZ and MNO, etc." always with the required addendum these are estimates and may be subject to change. But at least we would know something.

You know they have done their budget by now. I don't get why they can't lay out some plans to fans. Like just say 'we hope' to deliver three EPs this fiscal calendar, Ten SPs, and Two or Three GPs? That's not asking so much if they are going by a budget then they know how far it will go or not.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2016
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    Now we are going back to the same plum like every week.

'Oh well, maybe next week then! ^_^'

.. 2078

Oh well, still nothing, well maybe next year.

Us: The same procedure as last week, SimGuruDrake?
    SimGuruDrake: The same procedure as every week!
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    To be honest, I'm trying hard to be positive that EA is making a difference but i'm starting to lose hope again
    GIF-angry-can-crush-frustrated-girl-grr-grrr-mad-upset-GIF.gif
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member

I get your point but I'm just asking for something more specific as regards the announcement itself. When the countdown reaches 0 they announce the next EP, they don't even need to tell us what the release date is (just in case there are delays) but at least the general theme...

Am I the only one that misses these promotional
    Flyers that came with Ts2 EPs?? (Sorry about the crappy quality). Back then it seemed like they had planned the EP line up well in advance and had the means and resources to deliver results in time...

180?cb=20061031143923
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member

give me an cake when GamePack3 arrives :#

That is probably never. :wink:

I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    HarollyHarolly Posts: 75 Member
    [img]http://www.🐸🐸🐸🐸.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/now_what_finding_nemo.gif[/img]

tumblr_inline_mzk1vld0HD1qj3ir1.gif

bellatrix-lestrange-i-dont-like-to-be-kept-waiting.gif

hCiQVo1dzVwPu.gif
    xgu3gOi.gif
    "It's just called a phone."
    "What an impractical name."
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Well, since it's 'Monstrous Monday'

Let's stand still and remember this one.

https://youtu.be/KQztTRE8fRQ
  • Options

I get your point but I'm just asking for something more specific as regards the announcement itself. When the countdown reaches 0 they announce the next EP, they don't even need to tell us what the release date is (just in case there are delays) but at least the general theme...

Am I the only one that misses these promotional
    Flyers that came with Ts2 EPs?? (Sorry about the crappy quality). Back then it seemed like they had planned the EP line up well in advance and had the means and resources to deliver results in time...

180?cb=20061031143923

oh I getcha. Yes, they could at least do that!
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member

The Marketing Llama is probably busy with other stuff, or it could be a complete Drama Llama!
    ALlamainTimesSquarebyIngeMorath1957_zpsovevovx4.png
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited March 2016
    Im really getting tired of this week after week...I really don't understand why EA doesn't let them communicate better with us more about what they are working on. So disappointing :|
  • Options
    Petarce123Petarce123 Posts: 493 Member
    Im really getting tired of this week after week...I really don't understand why EA doesn't let them communicate better with us more about what they are working on. So disappointing :|

This!!! :smiley:

I want Seasons and Island Paradise for The Sims 4!

• Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    This thread is getting huge!

Sorry you guys didn't get an answer yet. It's pretty frustrating getting the silent treatment from EA!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    At this rate they ll probebly have the gamepack and expansion pack announcement at the same time in April.
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    At this rate they ll probebly have the gamepack and expansion pack announcement at the same time in April.

Could be something that's tied to each other!?
  • Options
    sociala9133sociala9133 Posts: 23 Member
    > @sparkfairy1 said:
    > This thread is getting huge!
    >
    > Sorry you guys didn't get an answer yet. It's pretty frustrating getting the silent treatment from EA!

Right? It's kind of getting annoying. The last time we didn't hear anything for this long was when they announced Pools and Toddlers weren't going to be in the game... Quick, check your game to make sure we still have everything! LOL
  • Options
    BaasPetBaasPet Posts: 98 Member
    Anyone else thinks this is getting ridiculous......... :(
  • Options
    ValkyrieFarrowValkyrieFarrow Posts: 111 Member
    Sorry guys, I'm a little late to news.
    So... Nothing for this week, huh? Well... It's ok. *Walks away*

mariah-carey-album-number-four_zpshsaysomp.gif
    The Confrontation of an Imperfect Valkyrie
    Mariah_Carey_H_A_T_E_U_zpsljuktbmp.gif
  • Options
    sociala9133sociala9133 Posts: 23 Member
    > @Krisha880 said:
    > catloverplayer wrote: »
    >
    > At this rate they ll probebly have the gamepack and expansion pack announcement at the same time in April.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Could be something that's tied to each other!?

Never thought about that... Maybe do something like they did with Seasons and Supernatural?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member

Not going to happen LOL.

You know what's going to happen though? It's going to happen that we will only get one EP this year and one GP, and more 4 SP's.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

Not going to happen LOL.

You know what's going to happen though? It's going to happen that we will only get one EP this year and one GP, and more 4 SP's.

That's probably exactly the way it's going to be.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top