Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Any way to age down a pet?

I know it sounds strange, but I write Sim stories, and find myself in the need of some flashback footage of one of my leading cat character when he was a kitten... except, at the time when I first started the story, I was unaware of the "save to bin" option and therefore didn't do so for my kitty until after he'd already aged into an adult, and additionally, I use an auto-save mod that has already over-written all my early saves from when the cat was that age. All my saves are with the adult cat. Since I can't "make a kitten" in CAS, I can't simply load my Pet into CAS, select a different age, and then save him to the bin, like I do with human Sims quite frequently when I need flashbacks of them at an earlier stage of life. Anyone have any ideas of how I can get my kitty in a "kitten form" once again? Any help would be much appreciated!
sali_adbanner3.jpg
Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
Check out my Simlit at Sim Stories: Hijinks from the World of Sims 3!
My Simlit Discussion/Updates | The Fringe | Short Story Challenges

Comments

• WolferTigerzWolferTigerz Posts: 121 Member
    I don't know :(
    I accidently aged up my pet with testingcheatsenabled and I can't get him back to a pup pup
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    If you fulfil kitties wishes, the cat gets "happiness points" (don't know the right name). When there are a lot of "points", you can buy special elixir which can make your pets younger.
    When my sim threw such elixir at the old cat, she became adult.
    I've never tried to turn a cat into a kitten, though.
    Maybe, it helps.

Sorry, I saw this too late.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    Actually, that is the only way I could possibly find to make a cat a kitten again. Cheat in a bunch of Lifetime Reward points, buy a Clone Voucher Reward to use at the science facility, and the clone comes in the form of a kitten. Which is honestly a huge pain, all because CAS left kitten out so we can't just load the pet into CAS and age down from there. >_< Now I've learned my lesson to always save my kittens to the bin in CAS before the age up so I don't have to go through such a long, complicated process!
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
    Have a Sim story site? Please submit your link to the Stories and Legacies Index!
  • KARRKITTKARRKITT Posts: 261 Member
    There might be a mod out there to add that potion to a store?
  • chealsycatchealsycat Posts: 2,974 Member
    Actually, that is the only way I could possibly find to make a cat a kitten again. Cheat in a bunch of Lifetime Reward points, buy a Clone Voucher Reward to use at the science facility, and the clone comes in the form of a kitten. Which is honestly a huge pain, all because CAS left kitten out so we can't just load the pet into CAS and age down from there. >_< Now I've learned my lesson to always save my kittens to the bin in CAS before the age up so I don't have to go through such a long, complicated process!

I wish we can edit kittens/puppies etc. when we get The Sims 4 Pets.
  • ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    NRAAS Mod "Master Controller" and "Master Controller Cheats" will help you. Google NRAAS.
  • mastressalitamastressalita Posts: 2,874 Member
    I have Master Controller. I could only find to reset the current age state. Not to age down to a previous age state (change from adult back to kitten).
    sali_adbanner3.jpg
  • katikati Posts: 1 New Member
    I accidentally changed my dog from elder to puppy. Shift click on pet and select force aging. Once he was a puppy I tried to do it again to make him an adult but it didn't work.
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited November 2018
    kati wrote: »
    I accidentally changed my dog from elder to puppy. Shift click on pet and select force aging. Once he was a puppy I tried to do it again to make him an adult but it didn't work.
    Sorry, but...which version of the game are you playing? Maybe I've been missing something all this time, but there is no way I know of in-game to age down a pet in TS3, and this is the TS3 section of the forum.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net