Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    When your Sim is focused, they can paint a mathematical drawing!

2m6v50h.png

Its focus boosting decor, and I hung mine in my study :smiley:

ooh this is handy! I have to have my sim focused for work, so will be doing this :D
    May we all chill like wizards
  • DanielaxxhDanielaxxh Posts: 14 New Member
    Ok so for those of you who don't want to have to do the party goals, did you know that when you are selecting the type of party you can unselect the green checkmark that says prestige and done! now you can trow any type of party and do whatever you want :smiley:
  • ElsiphElsiph Posts: 3 New Member
    I obviously am not at all observant because I didn't know hardly any of these things >.> I fail as a simmer sometimes, Super thanks for all the info!
  • Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    Sims start getting wrinkles after they've aged up to an adult.
    tay.png

My sim's son got into bed to sleep while she was sitting on the bed reading to him.
    tay1.png
    keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    What are they feeding you?
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Zola1016 wrote: »
    Sims start getting wrinkles after they've aged up to an adult.
    tay.png

My sim's son got into bed to sleep while she was sitting on the bed reading to him.
    tay1.png

Where did you get that beautiful hair?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zola1016Zola1016 Posts: 223 Member
    keep-calm-and-sing-smelly-cat-4.png
    Smelly cat, Smelly Cat
    What are they feeding you?
    Smelly Cat, Smelly Cat
    It's not your fault!
  • DOLLDRMS1DOLLDRMS1 Posts: 2,955 Member
    Love the fact that a kleptomaniac can "swipe" the homework that has been left, and stuck, on a picnic table in one of the inaccessible park lots. Finally, a way to get rid of it!

Love this thread!
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2016
    Family-oriented sims like to hug randomly other family members, and the Relationship bar with them is usually full. I used to think this trait was mainly 'decorative' if that makes sense, but it really does make an impact if you're a Family player.

Oh, for the Family Oriented trait Sims get sad if they haven't socialized with their family in a long time.

Sims that are embarrassed in front of their family is less embarrassing around those that love them, it lowers the pee pants moodlet to 2 or 3 instead of 5.

Embarrassed moodlet is the only moodlet that the points change based on who they are with.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    That tasting the frosting would age a sim up. I learned it the hard way.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I recently got a sim to the top level of the journalist career. The daily task for journalists is to write articles, and I didn't immediately understand how to do that - I couldn't find the option on the computer. Turned out you have to interview sims first. When you click on a sim, you can find interactions for "interview about life" and "interview for story" under friendly interactions. You need 4-5 interviews to complete the daily goal. Writing a positive article about a sim will raise the relationship, and a negative article will drain it. I find the journalist branch to be less profitable than the writer branch, as articles don't pay daily royalties, only a one time payment of about 200 simoleons.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited March 2016
    Zola1016 wrote: »

Thank you so much! I'll download it asap :D
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • katniss9katniss9 Posts: 106 Member
    haven't noticed a lot of the things posted here ingame, wow.
    KSMMNm59.jpg
  • RachelMeganMeyerRachelMeganMeyer Posts: 8 New Member
    I didn't know that sims singing voices could significantly improve when they practiced singing on the guitar a lot
  • KildareFaerlynnKildareFaerlynn Posts: 122 Member
    I sadly found out yesterday that sims can die of laughter in my DesertRoseLegacyGame... Heaven was having her wedding with SeanO', they both were hysterical for some reason(I think is the trophy dolls fault some of them were enable playful decor) and Sean's friend told a joke to Sean and he started laughing and choked falling on the floor emontionless still...Then Heaven started laughing at him and only after then she cried...still crying in my game but the main interesting thing is you unlock an achievement with it 'Til Death Us Apart or something (which is have a sim dying at their wedding!). Now Heaven is a Widow and she is pregnant as luckily they woohooed for the first time (Trying for a baby) on their Wedding Party Event before he died! So we got gold medal and new achievement too! Poor of my Heaven... Her childhood story is sad and now got even more saddier... I was thinking in restarting from last save and not let him die but then I would loose the achievement and as she is pregnant with the next heir I guess it is alright...it will be harder though without his income...but we manage to build a starter they were together since teens, it was so cute to watch them making a living that early... Heaven and I are heartbroken...Now does anyone knows if I can bring Sean back from the death and how? Do we have Ambrosia Recipe like sims3?
    QIhBg2C.png
  • SennieSennie Posts: 2,708 Member
    I'm not sure if you guys knew this, but male Sims that give birth to aliens can breastfeed them :) I did not know that until it happened in my game! I love the aliens in The Sims 4 :)

Matthew.
  • s1mszzangs1mszzang Posts: 797 Member
    edited March 2016
    heheheh...pee...YfpCL25.jpg

78LvI3o.jpg
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    And probably said, although I will mention it again, is that while male sims can't take a test or tell anyone the "big news", they can let other sims feel the baby. Take it from someone that's dealt with 5 of them. :D
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • siennaSTARsiennaSTAR Posts: 739 Member
    Minor detail: At night, moths hover around the lamp posts that stand on the street corners.
  • Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited March 2016
    I sadly found out yesterday that sims can die of laughter in my DesertRoseLegacyGame... Heaven was having her wedding with SeanO', they both were hysterical for some reason(I think is the trophy dolls fault some of them were enable playful decor) and Sean's friend told a joke to Sean and he started laughing and choked falling on the floor emontionless still...Then Heaven started laughing at him and only after then she cried...still crying in my game but the main interesting thing is you unlock an achievement with it 'Til Death Us Apart or something (which is have a sim dying at their wedding!). Now Heaven is a Widow and she is pregnant as luckily they woohooed for the first time (Trying for a baby) on their Wedding Party Event before he died! So we got gold medal and new achievement too! Poor of my Heaven... Her childhood story is sad and now got even more saddier... I was thinking in restarting from last save and not let him die but then I would loose the achievement and as she is pregnant with the next heir I guess it is alright...it will be harder though without his income...but we manage to build a starter they were together since teens, it was so cute to watch them making a living that early... Heaven and I are heartbroken...Now does anyone knows if I can bring Sean back from the death and how? Do we have Ambrosia Recipe like sims3?

yes, Ambrosia Recipe made it to Sims 4 but its only for reviving ghosts, since the potion of use does the same thing for living sims the extra is not needed:

Here is the recipe!

http://simsvip.com/2014/10/02/the-sims-4-how-to-make-ambrosia-for-your-ghosts/

Edit: Edit if you have Romatic Garden Stuff, the wishing well can be used to resurrect dead sims, the outcomes could have a lot more variety.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • PushingDaisiesPushingDaisies Posts: 50 Member
    @KildareFaerlynn have you tired the wishing well? I haven't used it yet on any sims but maybe you could wish them alive again??
  • pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    > @pjericksim said:
    > > @Nakendra said:
    > > when you go and cook at another sims house, you'll be kick out.

Perhaps it's because my sim has "Always Welcome" as a skill trait, I discovered that a sim and her lover I can visit another SIM's house and "Woohoo" in the host parent's bed without being kicked out of the house even while the entire host family is home.

I also discovered that if my sim is doing homework and subsequently selects to "mess around" with her boyfriend as the next immediate action... her mood, while completing her homework, becomes "Very Focused."

I just found that interesting.

Pete
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    edited March 2016
    If you want to double club points quickly, add "listen to music" as an activity. Place a radio in the room. With multitasking, sims will listen to music while doing other club activities.
    Post edited by imhappy on
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    Wow, I feel that I must explore the world some more... <3
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top