Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 3 Sells 1.4 Million During Week One

2...Next

Comments

• SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Is the sales higher or lower now?
  • Vixen123Vixen123 Posts: 177 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I read that too :D

I'm not surprised its done so well.

I had never bothered buying The Sims 1 or 2 on their release date but this time I had mine saved for me at my local store and drove straight to get it as soon as it opened!!

Just goes to show how great the Sims is :D
  • SumthinGd08SumthinGd08 Posts: 52 New Member
    edited June 2009
    EA totally deserves the sales! Everyone i know has got it or is going to get it! I never really knew it was that popular. It seems like veryone in the world is going to have it :-o
  • hark1976hark1976 Posts: 51 New Member
    edited June 2009
    Just a random stat that I found after I read something along the lines of "it's probably one of the top launches..."
    Well according to a not quite completly reliable source (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to accually put the sites name but I'm sure pple know what I'm talking about) The Sims 1 is the top with 16 million shipped, and the Sims 2 with 13 million shipped.

EDIT: These are the top selling games.

that poster was talking about first week sales, the figures you quoted are total sales. the sims 3 has outsold the first week sales of the sims 2 and 1 no question.
  • Caszidy215Caszidy215 Posts: 310 Member
    edited June 2009
    exoromeo wrote:
    quote=digitaldoodlebug]
    yaoo101 wrote:
    Wow, so roughly around 28,005,601 people or more bought the game the first week and that's not including tax..

Edit: I totally forgot about the limited edition..

am i the only one reading 1.4 million copies
    that means they sold 1 million 4 hundred thousand sims3 games, whether it be $50 or $70

at $50 per copy that's 70 million
    Ya that one lost me too :P

Yep. Same here. Think someone's numbers were off up there somewhere.[/quote]

LoL yeah I think she just was confused between how much was made and how many units were sold. They made a lot more then 1.4 million dollars off this. I think this will be the greatest selling Sims game. The sims is already the bestselling PC franchise so we can't break that record...

Now everybody.. go buy one for your friend.
  • Huney0919Huney0919 Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I as well. A proud part of that profit, I might add.
    monkymn00 wrote:
    This number here just shows that just because a lot of people on the boards are saying they're having problems doesn't mean a MAJORITY of people are. A lot of users have jumped to the conclusion that the majority of people are having problems with the game.

Well that's common sense. We don't need statistics to tell us that.

Unfortunately, For some, common sense just isnt very common :lol:
  • artimismurdocartimismurdoc Posts: 51 Member
    edited June 2009
    Congrats EA
    you put out a fine product
  • Huney0919Huney0919 Posts: 502 New Member
    edited June 2009
    hark1976 wrote:
    Ahh the joys of having your own place....no one to tell me they want a turn on the computer! :D

Not to mention the joys of being an only child with his own computer, and having parents who aren't interested in playing The Sims.

I like BEING the parent...I can tell my son when he's done for the day...but i can still play all day long (we all have our own computers in this house LOL)
  • SimmieKSimmieK Posts: 2,323 New Member
    edited June 2009
    I agree EA did do a pretty GOOD job!
    There is some Bugs, but nothing EA or Mods can't fix! Go EA! :mrgreen: