Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddlers need to be given to us in a *FREE* patch! NOT in any form of DLC!

Comments

• LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Ummm.... no they don't. While it would be appreciated, it's in no way mandatory. EA is a business. You bought the game knowing that toddlers were going to come in the future, and you knew how most future content is added to the game--in the form of EPs. EA never said they would give us toddlers for free. If they are bundled in a Generations pack and they are awesome, that is sufficient. Of course free is better, but DLC is fine. Maybe if toddlers are not vital for your gameplay you can sit them out if they are DLC. I can't and won't. I'll pay for tots and better family play because my game is useless otherwise. :unamused:

I won't and I can't. I've already raised my children. I don't need to raise EA too. Give an inch, and a mile will be taken. This has already been proven. What will you be willing to pay for next?

I won't condone this practice. If this means the end. So be it (for me). There are plenty of other things I can do with my life.

All I can say is if they charge for this life stage, it will only resolve my decision to stop supporting the company. I'd actually respect them more if they chose not to add them and came clean on their decision. But to charge me for it? Hells NO!

I wonder if the same people claiming to have no problems with the idea of paying for toddlers would say the same about buying a car without the engine and then paying even more for that later on. I know this is a bit of an exaggeration, but it's a similar situation.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    edited March 2016
    Ummm.... no they don't. While it would be appreciated, it's in no way mandatory. EA is a business. You bought the game knowing that toddlers were going to come in the future, and you knew how most future content is added to the game--in the form of EPs. EA never said they would give us toddlers for free. If they are bundled in a Generations pack and they are awesome, that is sufficient. Of course free is better, but DLC is fine. Maybe if toddlers are not vital for your gameplay you can sit them out if they are DLC. I can't and won't. I'll pay for tots and better family play because my game is useless otherwise. :unamused:

I won't and I can't. I've already raised my children. I don't need to raise EA too. Give an inch, and a mile will be taken. This has already been proven. What will you be willing to pay for next?

I won't condone this practice. If this means the end. So be it (for me). There are plenty of other things I can do with my life.

All I can say is if they charge for this life stage, it will only resolve my decision to stop supporting the company. I'd actually respect them more if they chose not to add them and came clean on their decision. But to charge me for it? Hells NO!

Then why are you sitting here yelling at a computer screen.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    I agree that toddlers should be in a free patch. But I don't agree with the people like you comments it just generates a more negative atmosphere something the forums really don't need right now.
    I agree that toddlers should be in a free patch. But I don't agree with the people like you comments it just generates a more negative atmosphere something the forums really don't need right now.

Well, am I truly wrong? The fact that people actually give game companies the idea that they don't mind paying extra money for base game content is exactly why so many games are released unfinished. Especially EA.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited March 2016
    I wonder if the same people claiming to have no problems with the idea of paying for toddlers would say the same about buying a car without the engine and then paying even more for that later on. I know this is a bit of an exaggeration, but it's a similar situation.

The truth is the people claiming it's okay to pay for it will only complain louder in the future when EA realizes it's okay to charge for every little thing because they were basically given the 'go ahead!‘ By then, I will hopefully have stopped visiting the forums. Personally, the whole idea disgusts me.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
    edited March 2016
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

Then why are you sitting here yelling at a computer screen.

It would be more appropriate if I PMd you. Long story short. I'm biding my time waiting for something non-related to anything being discussed and I don't have any good books to read atm. Nor do I have any of my hobbies on hand atm either.

Am I not entitled to add my piece of mind during these moments?

EDIT: one more thing. You may have also noticed I don't post every day either. So your attempt at negating my having a life is moot. :p

Travel time's a beetch.
    Gabe_oz wrote: »

You clearly didn't read the entire post... all you read was "toddlers need to be given to us for free" and decided to comment. Also, people like you only prove my point even further. It's people like you who make game companies actually believe it's 'okay' to release incomplete games and then make their fans pay extra money later on for the missing content. People like you are the problem with the gaming industry.

I thought people who acted like they suddenly became top notch reviewers and critics and act like what they're taking about (but they really don't) were ruining the gaming industry, but it must be the people buying extra content for a game they like.

First of all, I said people like that are the PROBLEM with the game industry. I didn't say they were 'ruining' it. Trust me, the game companies are definitely happy with people who consider paying for base game content. No doubt about that! The game industries are far from ruined, but that doesn't mean there aren't problems with them. Maybe you should learn the difference between a problem with something and ruining something.

Secondly, buying extra content for a game is not the problem. It's willing to purchase BASE GAME content that's the problem! Stop making excuses for selfish and greedy companies.

And before you reply with a "who are you to define base game content?" question, just don't! Toddlers were introduced in Sims 2 as a part of their new aging system. That aging system carried onto Sims 3 and should have been in Sims 4 as well. They ARE and SHOULD be base game content.

Babies, Children, Teenagers, Young Adults, Adults, and Elders managed to make it into Sims 4. Do NOT even attempt to imply that toddlers "aren't necessarily base game content" or any statement similar. Suggesting so only makes you look foolish. Just stop.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member
    edited March 2016
    not fair? first world problems.

@Angelllite7

I absolutely never get this saying. I live in the first world (and having travelled I am very gratefully to do so) so of course I have first world problems?? And by the very fact your on this discussion board I guessing so do you, and please don't tell me you never in your entire life have complained about something that was not directly related to your basic needs.

It is inevitably hypocritical and dismissive to the point of being borderline rude.

On topic, I agree.

Edit: lol, EA has move this to the graveyard.
    edited March 2016
    First of all, I said people like that are the PROBLEM with the game industry. I didn't say they were 'ruining' it. Trust me, the game companies are definitely happy with people who consider paying for base game content. No doubt about that! The game industries are far from ruined, but that doesn't mean there aren't problems with them. Maybe you should learn the difference between a problem with something and ruining something.

Secondly, buying extra content for a game is not the problem. It's willing to purchase BASE GAME content that's the problem! Stop making excuses for selfish and greedy companies.

And before you reply with a "who are you to define base game content?" question, just don't! Toddlers were introduced in Sims 2 as a part of their new aging system. That aging system carried onto Sims 3 and should have been in Sims 4 as well. They ARE and SHOULD be base game content.

Babies, Children, Teenagers, Young Adults, Adults, and Elders managed to make it into Sims 4. Do NOT even attempt to imply that toddlers "aren't necessarily base game content" or any statement similar. Suggesting so only makes you look foolish. Just stop.

From a business standpoint: the more a customer is willing to pay, the more a company is willing to charge. Supply and demand. It is a fact. When customers start paying less or a company starts losing customers, a company will start lowering its prices or offer what appears to be more for less. But this won't happen before massive layoffs take place. In worst-case scenarios, a complete shut-down happens. Marketing is based (on a large part) on psychology, but psychology is not without its faults.

I've been involved in this practice and seen the results first-hand several times. Even today. I still see it first-hand. I attend seminars and training. I know how the system works. When a company discovers a customer will pay more for ‘X,' they will not hesitate to charge more for 'X' + 'Y.' They'll even hold contests to encourage their employees to milk the customer as much as they can. They will even take it a step further if they can. This is the point where disgruntled customers come into play.

When results are not met, they will pressure the workers before they'll assume the obvious. They'll even expense larger amounts of money into research and other ways of advertising, which then leads to them needing to justify their expenses by blaming the workers before they'll ever blame the customers or themselves. They need to justify their expenses were worthwhile, or their job is on the line. When profit margins fall, things get ugly for both the workers and the customers. There is a vicious cycle happening in the world of sales, and nearly everything in the world revolves around sales. And every level needs to justify their position by blaming the position below them. Video games are not impervious to this defect.

Customers are not impervious to the results. Inflation is an ongoing cycle and is constantly justified by the common expression of, 'that's just the way it is...' And when a customer says it's okay, well, that's pretty much saying what the next obvious step is.

In short, the customer is not to blame, but their acceptance of accepting the way things are and excusing the decisions for profit are not exactly working in their favour either.

EDIT: looks like some will be paying for them after all. Graveyard's pretty much stating 'free' is something they never considered (since its requiring feedback on the subject and all).

LMAO.
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
  • To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I believe there will be limitations with patching, and toddlers will be compromised in some form. What I do not want is them giving us toddlers for free, but half-baked. If they come in TS4, they should be better than 2 and 3.

If them coming in a Generations pack means they'll be fully fleshed out, then I'm fine with that.

I agree here - fully flushed out is ALWAYs good but I refuse to pay for them, even if they poop angry gold nuggets... Lol

I just won't do it.

--T
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I believe there will be limitations with patching, and toddlers will be compromised in some form. What I do not want is them giving us toddlers for free, but half-baked. If they come in TS4, they should be better than 2 and 3.

If them coming in a Generations pack means they'll be fully fleshed out, then I'm fine with that.

I agree here - fully flushed out is ALWAYs good but I refuse to pay for them, even if they poop angry gold nuggets... Lol

I just won't do it.

--T
    Yeah, gotta love that pooping with anger, such a technical breakthrough. :)

Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    This is how I have changed in the last year. If toddlers are in a very well done Generations type EP with lots of family play (my own version of family play) then I will be open to buying that EP. But if toddlers are like thrown in like an object in a SP then no I won't buy it. It really depends on how they are worked into an EP and what else that EP has to offer. I agree I want to see them patched in to base game so they can be part of the later EPs for Sims. However, I'm not closed minded when it comes to a very, very good Generations EP. I would not consider GT a very, very good EP (my opinion) so before I would buy that EP (with toddlers in it) it would have to dazzle me.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Toddlers should not be in a forced patch, period.
    Now should it be payed, or free... Is the development time spent on them not wroth a penny?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    Now should it be payed, or free... Is the development time spent on them not wroth a penny?

Same as the lame ghosts in game?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

maybe they would have been less lame if they were buyable content and not something that they had to make in a free update?
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    To7m wrote: »

I just won't do it.

--T

It's dependent on the route they choose, IMHO.

If they pull something like the Patio Stuff pack and practically charge 10 dollars for ONE feature everyone wants, then that's pretty ridiculous and unacceptable. But if they throw the life stage, fully improved upon the predecessor versions, with a massive amount of content to justify the price tag, then I'd be more okay with that.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited March 2016
    Cinebar wrote: »

maybe they would have been less lame if they were buyable content and not something that they had to make in a free update?

This is why I'm kind of debating whether or not an update would be best for a whole life stage. A lot of people seem to be underestimating the amount of content that will have to be added into the game to grant toddlers remotely the same content as the past games, and are more concerned with the principle of getting them for free simply because they are base game content which, in turn, could negatively impact toddlers throughout the lifespan of the game, or end up being an attempt by EA to push people to buying a pack to complete something half done.

These are the same people who claim EA should delay, delay, delay, yet lash out at forum community managers for using My Little Pony gifs and not being direct with release dates.
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member

It's worth the 60 I paid for the shell of the base game.
    edited March 2016

funny, because I also payed 60$, but I don't consider it a shell of a base game. I already had over 200 hours put into it and did not regret a single minute. If a game is a shell for you, why didn't you refund it?
    And for that matter this statement suggests that the game would no longer be a "shell" for you if it had toddlers. Yet toddlers themselves are not worth a penny?
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Mirta makes a good point. Ghosts in this game are very lame, and sadly they haven't even been expanded upon with any packs or updates. I would hope that if toddlers came free they'd be improved on over time with patches, but we might also just get super basic toddlers that won't be improved on until we get a Generations pack.

Really, I just don't expect toddlers to be patched in free. Ghosts are one thing, they're just translucent versions of adults/children with a voice filter. Toddlers are a brand new thing, as far as models and animation goes
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    edited March 2016

funny, because I also payed 60$, but I don't consider it a shell of a base game. I already had over 200 hours put into it and did not regret a single minute. If a game is a shell for you, why didn't you refund it?
    And for that matter this statement suggests that the game would no longer be a "shell" for you if it had toddlers. Yet toddlers themselves are not worth a penny?

Opinions are just that. Good for you, though. You get a gold star for being the best fan ever.

And for your information, the reason why I COULD not refund it was because it was a physical copy. And I never mentioned toddlers, so get your eyes checked. The game is limited, broken and boring. It has many problems aside from toddlers, so don't assume that THEY are the sole reason why I've turned on Sims 4 as a fan because you only expose your lack of understanding and bias.
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Mirta makes a good point. Ghosts in this game are very lame, and sadly they haven't even been expanded upon with any packs or updates. I would hope that if toddlers came free they'd be improved on over time with patches, but we might also just get super basic toddlers that won't be improved on until we get a Generations pack.

Really, I just don't expect toddlers to be patched in free. Ghosts are one thing, they're just translucent versions of adults/children with a voice filter. Toddlers are a brand new thing, as far as models and animation goes

And don't forget, we waited an extra ~3 months for pools, something every base game has had, and all we got was sitting on the sides. In TS2's base game we had pools right off the bat with diving boards and pool ladders, and even hot tubs without an additional $10 price tag.

This is why I'm not convinced fans will be happy with the patch, if it does come, and EA will use that to their advantage with an EP to fully flesh out what should have been there.

We've already paid the money that toddlers are worth when we bought the base game that wasn't finished. Stop acting like just because you don't want toddlers in the game means that everyone who does should be forced to pay for them if they do. You probably never even played the games prior to The Sims 4.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited March 2016
    Let's see if a company is willing to do a shoddy job with a free update and a real good job with a paid update. I would seriously question that company's integrity to think that it would stoop that low to make people pay for a option. I hear they should get paid for their work and I say hogwash to that because there is no guarantee that the same won't happen with a paid EP with one difference you would pay for a shoddy job. Other companies give DLC free and I am talking that really add to the game like D3 which has had added so many free content that it would be equal to a EP. I rather they keep their shoddy patch or paid EP if it comes to that.
    Post edited by Goldmoldar on
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
    Polyrhythm wrote: »

Toddlers are not a "brand new thing". They're a base game feature that was included in Sims 2 and Sims 3 from the beginning of their respective eras. Stop suggesting that players should be the ones paying for EA's mistake of excluding base game features. We already paid money for toddlers when we bought the unfinished base game.

If they included toddlers from the beginning, they wouldn't be having this problem. Stop acting like EA isn't greedy.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg