Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 2 content

StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
I am planning a challenge and I need to know what content (interactions, things to do, jobs, ect.) are only available in the Sims 2 game? If there is a list out there I cannot find it. Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Comments

• kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    There is way too much info for a fully fledged out game with EPs. Perhaps if you had an idea and shared it, we could find a better way to break it down in a way that would work to your advantage.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    edited February 2016
    I think pet jobs are only ts2. If you look on the wiki you can see which jobs are for 2, 3 and 4. My simself is in the adventurer career right now because it seemed the most appropriate for my RL geography major in college at the moment. I think that's only ts2. Slacker, i believe as well is one. Oceanography, dance, maybe? I don't recall there being a ts3 dance career.
    You could base a challenge around completing all the careers you can't recieve without sending your sim to uni, like paranormal career.

Edit: took out a sentence. I'm drunk.
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    Someone suggested a "in another life" challenge. What I want to do is start my sim in Sims 1.... Have her do a bunch of stuff that's mostly only available in that game. Then after she meets her groom-to-be have them "move" to Sims 2. Have kids and do some Sims 2 only stuff. Then when the kids are halfway to teen "move" to Sims 3 and do some stuff that's only in that game. I really haven't planned past that. I think I'll have the kids graduate and the family "move" to Sims 4 but I don't have all the expansions/stuff packs for 4 so I haven't thought much about that. I want to document their evolving lives on my blog. Hope that helps explain further.
    Well one thing for children is the private school aspect. In sims 3 there is boarding school, but no real private school where you need to woo the headmaster like ts2.
    So you would be creating quazi-clone families to continue on their legacies in each game? This sounds interesting. When you say Sims 1, Sims 2, etc only stuff, do you mean things specific to each game that aren't available in the other games?
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    So you would be creating quazi-clone families to continue on their legacies in each game? This sounds interesting. When you say Sims 1, Sims 2, etc only stuff, do you mean things specific to each game that aren't available in the other games?

Yes exactly. Like I'm pretty sure the social bunny and private school professor are only in Sims 2.
    Yeah, social bunny is only ts2.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,936 Member
    Well... Private schools and Ignore button on chance cards.
    edited February 2016
    EgonVM wrote: »
    Well... Private schools and Ignore button on chance cards.

I love the ignore button in S2.

I never played S3 much, so I don't really know what Sims 1 and 2 have that 3 doesn't have, tbh.

I know Sims 2 has change tables. Fears. YA restricted UNI. Groceries. Buying clothing, groceries, jewelery (everything in CAS, etc). Fears. Attraction likes/dislikes. Environmental motives. Alien abductions via telescope (choice). Electrodance spere. Mini golf brought to us by a career reward. Train sets. Espresso machines and juicers. Many of this may have been added to S3 in later EPs. So forgive me if nothing I mentioned was unique.

S1 had the bear rug. Makin Magic was completely unique to all other games. There were cake dancers. Cage Dancing. Sims changing their behaviours when drinking. Pet lizards and parrots (or parakeets?) that could also help your sim build charisma. Snowboarding (on vacations). Candy stores. Crank calls, etc. Again. Sorry if any of those things exist in S3.

I'll add more if/when I think of it. I'm just not sure if I'm much help since I pretty much stayed with 1 and 2.

EDIT: forgot you can also have neighbours watch your children in you're in an apartment in S2. No need for a baby sitter in this scenario.
    I'm getting my new PC finished this week so I will be moving my family from Sims 1 to Sims 2 and starting up that part of the challenge. So far I don't have many ideas other than meeting the social bunny, getting a job that's only in Sims 2, having a baby and taking them on vacation. Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated. I doubt I'll do anything supernatural since it's not in Sims 4 unless people want me to.