March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Bug Fix] Spouse became your sibling? These commands can fix that! (Also remove relationships)

13...Next

Comments

• calwredcalwred Posts: 194 Member
    should I move one of each off world of the characters with the same name and then get the code for the remaining one and then switch them to have both codes, but that will not help with my other problem like the characters like Kelly Marie Anderson or Yumi Hana Kenji. no idea if I can change their names to just one name or what. Yumi came with the base game, so no idea with her.
    [img][/img]192afc55f0f0d45fb7387a6809b7a0f1_zpsop9jbp0b.jpg
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    calwred wrote: »
    should I move one of each off world of the characters with the same name and then get the code for the remaining one and then switch them to have both codes, but that will not help with my other problem like the characters like Kelly Marie Anderson or Yumi Hana Kenji. no idea if I can change their names to just one name or what. Yumi came with the base game, so no idea with her.

Oh sure, in Sims4 it's easy to change their name in CAS. (It wasn't always, but that was patched in.) No more J Huntington III for me... He is forever Jay Huntington in my games now. I *love* that!

(And so do mods and cheats that look for "regular" names.)
    just wondering if that would work for a character that came with the base game like Yumi Hana Kenji, I didn't create her, she is a maxis sim
    relationship.add_bit yoursimID targetsimID relationshipBit

NOTE: You can not REMOVE a bit, you'll have to override it with another. For example setting family_husband_wife will override family_brother_sister

The available family relationshipBits are as follows: romantic-Married
    family_husband_wife
    family_grandchild
    family_son_daughter
    family_brother_sister
    family_grandparent
    family_parent

where does the relationships info go so it is like relationship>add_bit yoursimID targetsimID family_grandchild, is it like this
    sorry relationship.add_bit yoursimID targetsimID family_grandchild, is this correct
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,522 Member
    what about if you have 2 sims with the same first and last names I have one Jamie Anderson whom is my sims 4 version of my sims 3 character whom is supposed to my grandmother to my sims 4 character Jamie Anderson or how about characters that is name like Yumi Hana Kenji whom had a kid with my sims 4 character John Anderson, cannot find a sims id code for her

Hello @calwred. To get a sims id for a sim such as Yumi Hana Kenji , you need to use quotation marks. Try typing the code as.
    sims.get_sim_id_by_name Yumi "Hana Kenji"
    sorry relationship.add_bit yoursimID targetsimID family_grandchild, is this correct

Yes, that is right how you have written it.
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    just wondering if that would work for a character that came with the base game like Yumi Hana Kenji, I didn't create her, she is a maxis sim

I didn't get any sim named that with my base game... what are you talking about? :)

Who is she? Where does she live? I'm curious... am I missing something? :o

Do you play the game in another language, maybe? (Reaching, I know. LOL!)

sorry yumi was a character I downloaded from gallery, thought she was from base game since I had her for so long
  • chichinghuichichinghui Posts: 267 Member
    I found this cheat useful. But unfortunately it is only work on the surface level as when I open up the genealogy chart for my sims' father....he is still not really to his children at all. The children is only related to the mother. And when I open it up in CAS, he is only showed as "roommates" to his children. Wish The Sims developer will allow us to help a full control on the CAS in terms of family relationship.
    I found this cheat useful. But unfortunately it is only work on the surface level as when I open up the genealogy chart for my sims' father....he is still not really to his children at all. The children is only related to the mother. And when I open it up in CAS, he is only showed as "roommates" to his children. Wish The Sims developer will allow us to help a full control on the CAS in terms of family relationship.

Hello.
    Try doing this and see if it helps the issue,

Open the cheats box and type in
    testingcheats true
    Then type in cas.fulleditmode
    Shift-click on your Sim and choose Modify in CAS
    Then change the relationship from roommate to father .
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    it's amazing that this hasn't been patched yet. I've tried doing this with both normal cas edit and cas.fulleditmode. I ended up creating parents for a pair of young adults later and tried to add them to their family and make them their parents. the parents are husband and wife, have the same last name, and the kids have the same last name. when I make the father their father, it works, but then I can't edit the relationship of the mother to her kids, but if I got to the kids, I can edit both mother and father, but if I choose father, mother becomes a roommate, and if I choose mother, father becomes roommate. I don't want to just save the family to my gallery and start over because the son owns a business... I haven't tried this cheat yet, though, but if it's temporary, I don't know if I should even bother.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
    Reitanna wrote: »
    it's amazing that this hasn't been patched yet. I've tried doing this with both normal cas edit and cas.fulleditmode. I ended up creating parents for a pair of young adults later and tried to add them to their family and make them their parents. the parents are husband and wife, have the same last name, and the kids have the same last name. when I make the father their father, it works, but then I can't edit the relationship of the mother to her kids, but if I got to the kids, I can edit both mother and father, but if I choose father, mother becomes a roommate, and if I choose mother, father becomes roommate. I don't want to just save the family to my gallery and start over because the son owns a business... I haven't tried this cheat yet, though, but if it's temporary, I don't know if I should even bother.

Hello @Reiterleins
    If you use mods, MC Command Center mod can help you to set relationships.
    It can be downloaded at
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com
    There is information about the mod in this link
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/doc/overview
    and this link thread provides help for the MC Command Center Mod. If you decide to use it and you have questions about the settings, you can post about it there, and there are helpful simmers there that will help you.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/913483/mc-command-center-local-help-chat-thread
  • ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    @rosemow I just want to say to you that you are the most helpful person on any forum I've ever been on. I assume you're a moderator, but you just respond so quickly with as much help that you can provide, you don't ignore people's questions, and you're so friendly. I cannot tell you how hard it is on other forums to receive sufficient help that's also paired with kindness, moderators nowadays seem to just be so rude. but whether you're a moderator or not, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who really appreciates your kind help. I dunno, I just had to say that. >_<
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
    Reitanna wrote: »
    @rosemow I just want to say to you that you are the most helpful person on any forum I've ever been on. I assume you're a moderator, but you just respond so quickly with as much help that you can provide, you don't ignore people's questions, and you're so friendly. I cannot tell you how hard it is on other forums to receive sufficient help that's also paired with kindness, moderators nowadays seem to just be so rude. but whether you're a moderator or not, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who really appreciates your kind help. I dunno, I just had to say that. >_<

Hello
    Thankyou very much for your kind words :) I am not a moderator. I just like to help fellow simmers.
  • elizapoelizapo Posts: 1 New Member
    This doesn't work for me, I'm trying to make my sims father and daughter, i entered this cheat relationship.add_bit 1028234346568097558 1028235031914290946 family_parent , i also tried relationship.add_bit 1028234346568097558 1028235031914290946 family_father_daughter. What am I doing wrong!!!
    elizapo wrote: »
    This doesn't work for me, I'm trying to make my sims father and daughter, i entered this cheat relationship.add_bit 1028234346568097558 1028235031914290946 family_parent, i also tried relationship.add_bit 1028234346568097558 1028235031914290946 family_father_daughter. What am I doing wrong!!!

Hello @elizapo
    You also need to use the cheat
    relationship.add_bit family_son_daughter

If the father’s id is 1028235031914290946
    And the daughter ‘s id is 1028234346568097558

The two cheats are
    relationship.add_bit 1028234346568097558 1028235031914290946 family_parent
    relationship.add_bit 1028235031914290946 1028234346568097558 family_son_daughter

Type in first
    testingcheats true

• alwayslightningalwayslightning Posts: 1 New Member
    does anyone know if this works for the new relationship types added by parenthood? (e.g. super sibling, thick as thieves, etc.)
    does anyone know if this works for the new relationship types added by parenthood? (e.g. super sibling, thick as thieves, etc.)

Hello
    I don’t think that there are cheats to make those relationships types.