Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Bug Fix] Spouse became your sibling? These commands can fix that! (Also remove relationships)

Comments

• TwistedMexicanTwistedMexican Posts: 652 Member
    itsmegamo wrote: »
    I'm sure putting off the release of such a big title would have been more than a headache for EA. But, I think that taking the extra time to ensure a good product would be better than releasing something considerably unready and frustrating to players. Also, I'm not suggesting that they should have waited for a completely perfect game before releasing it. I know how this works. It's the fact that this is such a glaring issue, and my surprise they wouldn't have seen it in testing, that causes me to question their decision to launch.

Okay, come on now. We all love to hate EA, but this is a bug brought on by using cheats. (cas.fulleditmode) Cheats have always been a "At your own risk" situation, so it's hardly a game flaw.

[Sims 4 Cheat Resource] || [My Mods - Base Game] || [My Mods - Expansions]
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

I'm now on Twitter. I'd love it if you joined me there :)
  • itsmegamoitsmegamo Posts: 277 Member
    edited September 2014
    I'm aware that cheats are "at your own risk". So then why am I required to use it if I want to change sims names upon marriage and keep continuity? If it's something that I HAVE to use in game to get features that were once automatic, then I expect it to work properly. Because it didn't, I'm disappointed and I feel that the game is flawed. I never said you had to agree. We simply have varying opinions on what "ready" means.

Edit: (reformatted)
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor%20Family_zpsujwo0a8f.png
    edited September 2014
    I'm aware that cheats are "at your own risk". So then why am I required to use it if I want to change sims names upon marriage and keep continuity? If it's something that I "have" to use in game to get features that were once automatic, then I expect it to work properly. Because it didn't, I'm disappointed and I feel that the game is flawed. I never said you had to agree.

You have to enter it because the game was designed to intentionally disallow you to rename your sims. You can call that a poor choice and I do agree with that (You can change your name is real life after all) but again the point is, it's not an intended function, it's a cheat. The game does not have this bug if you don't use this cheat.

On another note the name marriage thing is certainly a game bug, I'd hope - one they do need to fix soon.
    [Lifetime Skills || Set Age || Full House ||Persistent FullEditMode || Persistent TestingCheats || DayWalker Vampires]

If the, so far, "required" use of the cheat is a marriage bug, then that's a different story. However, as it stands now, it's a frustrating choice between two bugs and I'm still not happy about it.
    Current Play:
    Ojetade-Bradshaw-Minor Family (Chris Bradshaw and Corey Minor created by PlaidDisco)
    See the Tree
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Has anyone got any tips about this cheat? I've tried with several sims and nothing changes?

I enter the child's ID tag first and then the mum's and then family_son_daughter. Should I instead add family_parent?
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
  • Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    Is there a bit command for aunt/uncle? I've been able to fix the other muckery with my family, but my still sim thinks his uncle is his brother.<br />
    *cues "I'm My Own Grandpa"*<br />
    <br />
    Edit:<br />
    There is! I just had the order reversed. Also included niece/nephew.<br />
    <br />
    family_aunt_uncle<br />
    family_niece_nephew<br />
    <br />
    Carry on. :)<br />
    <br />
    Edit2:<br />
    Saved after fixing all relationships and restarted game, twice, only to find it didn't take. The first time cas.fulleditmode had been entered, the second time it had not.<br />
    Anyone else having better luck?

@itsmegamo how did you get it to work?
    Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)
    I didn't. I made a new game and avoided the cheat. Now my sims' surnames don't match, but at least they have proper relationships.
    Current Play:
    See the Tree
  • MinizillaMinizilla Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know if there's a "cousin" relationship or not ? And if yes, does someone find the [relationshipBit] appropriate for it ?
  • LadyDarkSorrowLadyDarkSorrow Posts: 2,865 Member
    this is why we need a real family tree, I been trying to figure out how to attach my Sim to Moty because in TS3, Cornelia gave birth to my Sim ,means My Sim and Morty are brother and sister.. then attach my Sim to Cassandra as Ant.. Sigh, it's a pain..
  • Gawdfather1Gawdfather1 Posts: 601 Member
    Sims 4: Everyday a new nightmare.
    Banners.jpg

this is why we need a real family tree, I been trying to figure out how to attach my Sim to Moty because in TS3, Cornelia gave birth to my Sim ,means My Sim and Morty are brother and sister.. then attach my Sim to Cassandra as Ant.. Sigh, it's a pain..

Would you guys want a cheat mod that lets you modify relationships easily?

OMG ,Please Twisted !
  • pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member

YES!

OMG ,Please Twisted !

Consider it on my todo list.

OMG ,Please Twisted !

Consider it on my todo list.

Excellent !!
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Thank you for this. I used it to restore familial relationships between the Landgraabs and Johnny Zest. I just didn't like the idea of Nancy Landgraab flirting with her son, eww.
  • GymeaLillieGymeaLillie Posts: 106 Member
    edited September 2014
    (Sorry, I want to delete my comment but I don't know how).
  • FrimlinFrimlin Posts: 283 Member

I would really appreciate this. :) If you do make it, then I thank you in advance a thousand times.

I have tried without success to use the relationship cheats to fix up the screwed relationships in my sim world. Sometimes I can get it to look perfect, after entering dozens of those commands into the interface, but then when I save and reload they've reverted back to being broken again.

The relationships are perfect in my active family, fortunately. But for about 4 other households, they all seem to think they're brothers of each other. I've tried the relationship.destroy cheat to see if I can essentially reset a sim's entire relationships, and then add in the correct ones, but as I said when I save and reload or switch to another household, it breaks again. The changes seem temporary. :(

I've seen people mention moving to new world / save game. Does this reset their relationships then? I am so annoyed by the broken relationships that I might consider trying this, even if exporting each household would be a pain! :D

Check out my mod! Also... my YouTube channel.
    I'm on Twitter!! Don't be shy, say Hi!
    E9fDd6Q.png
  • FrimlinFrimlin Posts: 283 Member
    Edit: this fix may only be temporary (resets when you travel) so I suggest copying the SIM ID's somewhere for you to paste in later if you need to. I apologize but the command that could permanently fix this is disabled in the code. We'll need the patch.

Ahh, I've just seen this bit. So I take it that none of the patches have made this permanent? At least, that's my assessment... :(
    Check out my mod! Also... my YouTube channel.
    I'm on Twitter!! Don't be shy, say Hi!
    E9fDd6Q.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    the cheat isn't working for me and I'm doing excatly as instructed
    6adMCGP.gif
  • cooli02000cooli02000 Posts: 1,974 Member
    In case, you want proof again just go on my wall and I'll show you the picture of my incest couple.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,749 Member
    I have tried this and none of the thinks except the sims ID work
    6adMCGP.gif
  • SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I am posting this in every relationship thread I can because I think this is an important glitch/feature/bug that not too many people realize:

If you take a sim from your library, place them in your world, and then take the same sim from your library, tweak them, change their name, their clothes, whatever, and then add them to the same world, you will get this relationship bug, because they are the SAME sim.

So as a warning to all fellow simmers: Make twins of your library sims when adding them to your game where you already have them. (Of course male sims faces are bugged, so twinning them does not work atm, but when it is fixed!)

I reported this in the bug forum, but I was under the impression the sims were different when they leave CAS, but they are not!
  • Stellio_1Stellio_1 Posts: 1 New Member
    is there one for stepmother/daughter? i typed family_step and it set as step sister, but i try every combo i can think of and no luck on stepmother or stepdaughter
  • calwredcalwred Posts: 194 Member
    what about if you have 2 sims with the same first and last names I have one Jamie Anderson whom is my sims 4 version of my sims 3 character whom is supposed to my grandmother to my sims 4 character Jamie Anderson or how about characters that is name like Yumi Hana Kenji whom had a kid with my sims 4 character John Anderson, cannot find a sims id code for her
    [img][/img]192afc55f0f0d45fb7387a6809b7a0f1_zpsop9jbp0b.jpg