Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

March Patch; What are you expecting?

Comments

• jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    SimGuruDrake did confirm a patch this month, though we aren't even half way through March. There is still plenty of time. Today would be great. And a lot of patches HAVE come out on Thursdays. However, you never know! There happen to be three more Thursdays in March... plus the chance we'll get it on another day of the week.

Recent patches:
    February 4th (Thursday)
    January 7th (Thursday)
    December 17th (Thursday)
    December 4th (Friday)
    November 3rd (Tuesday)
    September 24th (Thursday)
    September 1st (Tuesday)
    August 6th (Thursday)

I'm glad to at least know one is coming some time in March.
  • jessathemessajessathemessa Posts: 2,342 Member
    I'd like some bug fixes. I also wouldn't mind if they threw in some code to fire up the hype train :)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,544 Member
    Man, do I ever hope there are still 20 days left in this month. I was just given a "this month" deadline :/

Relax. Today is only the 10th, and there are 31 days in the month of March. You've still got 21 days to comply. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • CandyBunnieCandyBunnie Posts: 52 Member
    I hope they fix the constant phone calls, the musical chairs (again), and the bug that cause other Sims to steal your coffee. I didn't notice anything else in my game but those are making me insane.
  • Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    Relax. It's only the 10th and it's not even past the time of the day patches are released.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    People are just anxious because they're hoping for issues to get fixed. Maybe if they posted a monthly prospective patch note at the beginning of the month (before the actual patch). Threads like this wouldn't be necessary and people would relax.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'd rather they release the patch followed by GP3 a week later.
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    People are just anxious because they're hoping for issues to get fixed. Maybe if they posted a monthly prospective patch note at the beginning of the month (before the actual patch). Threads like this wouldn't be necessary and people would relax.

While that wold be ideal, remember that some fixes may not make it in the next patch so let's say they announce a patch note in the beginning of the month with fixes that the Gurus plan to put into the patch, the patch day comes but some of the fixes just weren't working as of yet so the Gurus needed to cut those out of the patch notes now we've got simmers expecting some of those fixes and then seeing they won't be coming in the patch and now they're upset.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • IceDrizzle27IceDrizzle27 Posts: 648 Member
    I hope that:
    1)Adjustable age sliders are added. Normal aging is too short, long aging is unbearable
    2) they fix the sit down for a long period of time before putting away food, books, etc.
    3) they fix the maid throwing out your food when you've just made it
    4) the silent baby - the baby is quiet for hours and then all of a sudden you receive the notice stating that " ....is hungry and if they are not fed soon they will be taken away
    5) add some more interactions - jog together
    6) add more npc

Alright I'll stop before I have a list that would take days to read. Lol
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I hope that:
    1)Adjustable age sliders are added. Normal aging is too short, long aging is unbearable
    2) they fix the sit down for a long period of time before putting away food, books, etc.
    3) they fix the maid throwing out your food when you've just made it
    4) the silent baby - the baby is quiet for hours and then all of a sudden you receive the notice stating that " ....is hungry and if they are not fed soon they will be taken away
    5) add some more interactions - jog together
    6) add more npc

Alright I'll stop before I have a list that would take days to read. Lol

excuse me but me i do not find anything worng with long aging that is perfec but in my case i do not care about the aging feature in the sims4 since i do not and will never let my sims age or die in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    my tv been plumming me off. normal speed its normal but when i speed it up the tv look like if it was broken and has a high pitch noise that hurts my ear if i get close to the tv

Hello.
    The video distortion occurs when you play at a faster speed than normal.
    There is a mod called " No more Video Distortion" that helps with the issue. If you use mods and would prefer not to have distortion when playing at a faster speed you may like to download the mod. It also helps with the high pitched noise,
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=572727
  • mrnhmathmrnhmath Posts: 750 Member
    Objects culling
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,405 Member
    I agree about the age sliders. I played with normal aging at first, but time went by so fast that I switched to long. Played with it for quite a while, got very bored and switched back to normal - now I notice it's too fast again. Aging rhythm and generational play is really important for me. It just doesn't feel right. Also there's no option to make sim few days younger again? The reward potion resets the meter back to their previous birthday. It's not subtle enough.
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm not really expecting this to be in the patch, but I'm highly hoping for a fix for when it comes to Sims sitting down before putting away food/books and cleaning up dishes.

This -- and worse, one of my Sims will pick up a plate from the counter, run out to the backyard, spin into his swimsuit, sit on the edge of the pool, then get up and run back into the house before putting the leftovers in the refrigerator. Tempted to take out the pool -- I added it mainly so his son would have additional option for Motor skill building when his mom needed the computer for filling out reports. :/
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
    jcp011c2 wrote: »
    Bug fixes I guess. And the recycled Easter content so we have "new ways to play" this month.

I actually don't mind redoing events as they do allow others a chance to experience them, although I could just easily unlock Mr. Fluffeh the Bunneh (Or whatever its name is) if I really want to. If they want to give it a twist, why not something with chocolate as well. Always misses my Lindor Chocolate Easter Bunny each Easter now that I have to do this thing called "adulting". D:

I have a teen Sim doing the Curator aspiration (it's one aspiration you don't have to be an adult to finish, and it's a good lead-in to the Fabulously Wealthy one which will be next), and the egg collection is the easiest to complete so I'd love to have the egg hunt back this month. B)
    I'm not really expecting this to be in the patch, but I'm highly hoping for a fix for when it comes to Sims sitting down before putting away food/books and cleaning up dishes.

This -- and worse, one of my Sims will pick up a plate from the counter, run out to the backyard, spin into his swimsuit, sit on the edge of the pool, then get up and run back into the house before putting the leftovers in the refrigerator. Tempted to take out the pool -- I added it mainly so his son would have additional option for Motor skill building when his mom needed the computer for filling out reports. :/

Hello,
    If you haven't already done so, you may like to press " me too" on this thread link on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue, or post your experiences there
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Routing-Sit-down-issue-on-several-interactions/m-p/4553170#M13174
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    meeoun wrote: »

While that wold be ideal, remember that some fixes may not make it in the next patch so let's say they announce a patch note in the beginning of the month with fixes that the Gurus plan to put into the patch, the patch day comes but some of the fixes just weren't working as of yet so the Gurus needed to cut those out of the patch notes now we've got simmers expecting some of those fixes and then seeing they won't be coming in the patch and now they're upset.

Maybe a "What We're Working On" note -- that would inform the community plus acknowledge that they're aware of the problem. Then if the problem doesn't get fixed they can say they're still working on it. Some bugs can't be fixed in a short period of time. And other things (like culling) that we think of as "bugs" might actually be a part of the game that needs to be tweaked.
  • CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    edited March 2016
    No patch today I'm guessing :(latest?cb=20150227011925
    giphy_1.gif
  • crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    Doesn't look like it. Way past patch time :(
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• AimForTheHeadAimForTheHead Posts: 805 Member
    Was hoping for a patch today, just for something new :D but, I had a feeling there wouldn't be one today. I'm guessing next Thursday, and some DLC the following Tuesday. Since it always seems like with the patch notes, they mention what's coming soon - and what the patch has that's "in preparation for..." Who knows though, could be just wishful thinking! Anxious for some new stuff! (As so many of us are) :/

As for what I expect the patch to have...well, I honestly don't have expectations for anything involving this game. I used to. I expected that toddlers would be added within the first few months of the game being released. That crashed and burned obviously :p

I have hopes that culling will eventually be fixed. But no expectation for that to happen.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I expect nothing these days. If I expect nothing I'm not prone to disappointment when things don't get fixed. That said, I hope there's a reversal to the tv speed change they made. So annoying. I don't mind the scramble of the channel, but the audio going to that irritating whistle/high pitched buzz like the broken pc gets is really seriously annoying. I hate having to play with sound muted just because I refuse to play in super slow/normal mode. Yeah... I'm an impatient simmer who doesn't feel the need to slo-mo through the whole game.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    Man, do I ever hope there are still 20 days left in this month. I was just given a "this month" deadline :/

Hello.
    I hope that you are able to get done all that you need to finish for your work by the end of the month.
  • vickyinpavickyinpa Posts: 5 New Member
    I had an update from Origin today, but no notes and posts saying what it was. Did anyone else get this?
  • Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    vickyinpa wrote: »
    I had an update from Origin today, but no notes and posts saying what it was. Did anyone else get this?

That was just an update from Origin. It updates many things but has nothing to do with the sims unfortunately.
    1FKDfKj.png