Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are even working on toddlers?

Comments

• Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    If we found out today that toddlers were not going to be added to this versions of the sims what would y'all do?

I would ask "why not?"
  • Options
    InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    Technically no life stage was promised then, children, teenagers adults maybe all the lifestages should be taken out of the game since none of them were promised either. I'm sorry I just don't understand the reasoning that toddlers weren't promised because that applies to all lifestages then and it just seems like a bad excuse and it's a defiantly not an acceptable one.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    If we found out today that toddlers were not going to be added to this versions of the sims what would y'all do?

I'd know never to trust EA or Maxis ever again.

What's really disappointing? There are people who have given clear and concise feedback, that have gone out of their way to not be personally rude to anyone but yet we still have this 'one person who complained was rude so it follows everyone else should suffer' theme. No, just no.

Like I said before its unfair for dismissive comments about customers to be given in the same way it's unfair *some* people have misplaced their anger toward the gurus. But it doesn't take away the need to address the issues for EA.

Yeah, I agree. And the response by EA will likely be to have their gurus only read the forums instead of actively participate, which is counterintuitive to the issue itself.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

What's really disappointing? There are people who have given clear and concise feedback, that have gone out of their way to not be personally rude to anyone but yet we still have this 'one person who complained was rude so it follows everyone else should suffer' theme. No, just no.

Like I said before its unfair for dismissive comments about customers to be given in the same way it's unfair *some* people have misplaced their anger toward the gurus. But it doesn't take away the need to address the issues for EA.

Yeah, I agree. And the response by EA will likely be to have their gurus only read the forums instead of actively participate, which is counterintuitive to the issue itself.

Of course.

The reason people are so frustrated is the total and utter lack of any communication with anyone with the capacity to acknowledge the issues let alone do anything about them. 'We are listening' requires evidence just because of the mistakes made which caused the lack of trust in the first place. Firstly releasing the unfinished game, next seemingly acknowledging the issues and making good on the base with those early announcements....then silence, then all the dismissive comments about how the customer doesn't know what a base entails, they dont know what they want, and the inference that customers are unreasonable.

EA know full well it's nothing to do with customers having amnesia over what a base game is and everything to do with releasing an unfinished game but yet they still try to turn it round on the customer. The sims customers are not suddenly unreasonable fifteen years into a relationship with Maxis and it really bothers me seeing that sort of suggestion.
  • Options
    inmyhead63inmyhead63 Posts: 17 Member
    I believe the EA franchise does know and understand the importance of toddlers in the game for family players. I do think theyve been working on them and had some difficulty at some point. I do believe they will come in a patch. I do believe they will make a really great Game Pack for family simmers ! I do think it WILL be worth the wait and the deeply immersive game play we've come to know (especially from Sims 2) WILL happen again! I think this past year has shown that the Gurus DO deeply care what simmers want! I think Sims 4 is a fantastic upgrade in MANY ways! "Get Together" was a pleasant surprise that added a lot to the way the game is played and Windenburg is a really COOL and beautiful place for the sims to hang out. I think Sim communities everywhere are gonna go GAGA when toddlers are back and simmers everywhere will be restored in faith to the EA franchise! I think its a solid Base game that will continue to upgrade and become better with time. YES, its so darn hard to be patient! We were spoiled with the "feel" of the past games having all the content and Sims 4 has felt bare.. it IS improving MUCH and am sure it will continue to do so! One of the gurus once said something like "youre going to get everything you want and more" I dont see any reason to not believe that.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited March 2016
    SimmieSims wrote: »
    When I buy a GTA game, I expect cars to be in the game. I don't check before buying to make sure cars are included.

The same goes for The Sims. Toddlers were in TS2 and TS3, why shouldn't they have been in the TS4 base game? It's something I expected to be included.

Same here. I never thought I'd need to research a game in a series to see if it included basic gameplay and items. I admit I was surprised when I first loaded up my game. I just assumed they'd be there. Thanks to this scenario though, I'm more adamant about researching every game I buy now. I'm glad EA taught me this lesson. It's saved me a lot of money in the last 18 months and helped strengthen my resolve to avoid games published by EA.

Thank you, EA. I couldn't have done any of this without your help. :p
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »

I would ask "why not?"

I doubt we'd ever get the real reason but I'd assume its because they're doing just fine, not great, without them. People are still buying so why add them? In her infamous interview Rachel Franklin said players play in different ways and they take all that into consideration. There are people on here who have said they don't care if toddlers never return, some have said they don't care but would want them back for all those who do, and some have said they don't want toddlers back. So I guess they have to weigh that against all the other things people are asking for and decide what will give them the best bang for their buck.
  • Options
    meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    Capture.png

I want y'all to look at this. You can say it was just a gift if you want. But the development team MADE this. There is an extra lifestage in the code. There was a survey of possible expansions that included generations with toddlers and preteens. Rachel acnowledged toddlers and said they are thinking about it. Gurus say they hear us lound and clear in this issue.

EA is not dumb. They want money. More than anything their customers have been yelling in every possible occasion about toddlers. They will give it to us. Saying they won't bother is dumb. Why would they bother with seasons, university, pets, anything popular then?

We didn't get it by now. We didn't get university, seasons, pets, supernaturals or the like by now. We are on the second expansion, and one of them will be Generations, because there is demand. In the earing calls snippet mr. EA said they will keep releasing expansions because they bring new people into the game. What more would you need to bring in the most demanding of the players? They are a smart company.

The baby is a bundle baby. Maybe this is a hint that babies will ultimately be revamped too or a new life stage: "newborns"? :#
  • Options
    When I buy a GTA game, I expect cars to be in the game. I don't check before buying to make sure cars are included.

The same goes for The Sims. Toddlers were in TS2 and TS3, why shouldn't they have been in the TS4 base game? It's something I expected to be included.

The expectation is the same yes. But as far as development and functions go, GTA cars and Sims toddlers are completely different. Toddlers are far more complicated, where as a GTA car is only a more advanced sims car (ironically we don't have those either yet).

In any case it's probably better to check a game out before you purchase them, regardless of your expectations.
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I doubt we'd ever get the real reason but I'd assume its because they're doing just fine, not great, without them. People are still buying so why add them? In her infamous interview Rachel Franklin said players play in different ways and they take all that into consideration. There are people on here who have said they don't care if toddlers never return, some have said they don't care but would want them back for all those who do, and some have said they don't want toddlers back. So I guess they have to weigh that against all the other things people are asking for and decide what will give them the best bang for their buck.

Tbh, toddlers never were an issue for me. I would have supported the game without them if it wasn't for other things. Despite my initial surprise, I got over it quickly enough by convincing myself it was a different game with a different play style, but I never felt the need, nor desire, to alienate the wishes of my fellow 'simmers.' Though I admit there were several rude simmers a while back that I happily argued with and don't miss.

But I do believe you're right. I've even said it myself. I do believe this game will do fine without them. I also believe they don't need to add them to fix this game so I don't see any reason for them to do so. They're making money as it is.

On the other hand, there are plenty of other issues, but that's all for a different thread.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    ENolan wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I think we have to be mindful of the way we communicate our frustration sometimes. There's of course anger in regards to missing content - not only limited to toddlers, but toddlers are the topic of this thread.

Our voices should be heard, especially on this forum, but I've noticed that some members suddenly "disappear" after angry outbursts, and no, they do not get abducted by aliens.

It's important to stay on track and be objective when we criticize, so that nobody gets "abducted".

When we start name calling it's easy to get rid of a forum member who has good intentions, but communicates in a way that is deemed inappropriate for this community. And every forum member who gets banned, is one less voice that gets heard.

i agree. We have lost such important membwrs, like kirby. He wasn't a troll or a bully, but just a very angry customer.

I didn't want to overdo the posts today but I couldn't ignore this. Kirby was usually jailed because of what you said, but that wasn't the reason he was banned. That truth is something that still agitates me to this day...

Really? I suppose you can't tell me here what happened haha. I usually just read his comments related to the game and the team
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Sennie wrote: »
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    Do I think they are being worked on? Yes. But like someone said, they could be facing the same issues they had when they first started to develop them before the game's release. But we shouldn't be boarding a hype train until we actually here something from the gurus about em.

What "issues" could you possibly be referring to? Honestly, that's simply a lazy excuse not to include toddlers in the game. There obviously weren't any problems including them in Sims 2 or Sims 3, but suddenly they can't add them in Sims 4 without "issues"!? I find that very hard to believe. It's pretty sad and pathetic how they can't even include a life stage in Sims 4 that has been in both games prior.

I believe Sims 2 and 3 had the same engine. Or similar. I know they reused assests like the pillow fight animations.

Sims 4 is a new engine so not everything is going to work the same. That's not really an excuse in the end though.

Well, either way, Sims 2 was a new engine at the time as well. They managed to find a way to make toddlers work. Then again, we're talking about the same people who also claimed that creating a live bear for the 'Outdoor Retreat' pack would be "too hard".

Oh the bear fiasco. It makes me angry every time i remember.
    Do I think they are being worked on? Yes. But like someone said, they could be facing the same issues they had when they first started to develop them before the game's release. But we shouldn't be boarding a hype train until we actually here something from the gurus about em.

What "issues" could you possibly be referring to? Honestly, that's simply a lazy excuse not to include toddlers in the game. There obviously weren't any problems including them in Sims 2 or Sims 3, but suddenly they can't add them in Sims 4 without "issues"!? I find that very hard to believe. It's pretty sad and pathetic how they can't even include a life stage in Sims 4 that has been in both games prior.

Multitasking. Issues with multitasking is why babies were tied to cribs too. A guru explained how they were having issues with the sims pulling them in and out of thin air like they do with objects when cooking, cleaning, etc. But due to time constraints they had to move on and work on other things.

Do you know what I find sad and pathetic? You continually insulting the devs and gurus because you believe they just sit at their desks all day and twiddling their thumbs. They have time constraints, if they can't do something in a certain amount of time, they have to work on something else. They aren't free to do anything they want. It's a job, not a hobby.

Since its MY thread. I would appreciate it if you can save all your rude comments towards other simmers in MY thread to yourself.

I think it's more pathetic to treat developers like your friends instead of the people who work for a mediocre comapany.
    Lustianicia called the devs the same so I responded the same. The devs are people who have lives and feeling, no one should be insulted like that for something they couldn't control.

I don't know about you, but when I have a problem with the company and you complain and complain and nothing gets done you take it on the people representing the company.This team is not nearly as good as previous ones. TS4 gets more complains than the previous games. I'm sure they have lives, but i'm buying their products and its not good they are doing a bad job in every sigle aspect and as a customer im unhappy. The game has potential but that doesn't matter if the team is lazy and only cares about gaining money

Hello everyone! Yep, good ol' SimGuruDrake here to make a quick comment:

It is fine to have issues with how you feel the game is being handled and I'm not going to say that your complaints with the game are invalid because I feel everyone has different wants / needs / desires when it comes to The Sims and what will make it enjoyable for them.

What I do have an issue with is the accusation (because that is what that is, it is not opinion) that the team is lazy / only cares about money simply because things that you want are not present. What would be helpful is if you (calmly but critically) explained what you feel is missing for you to really enjoy the game. From the looks of it it isn't just about this one particular aspect that you are having issues with, there seems to be more that you find important for your style of play that you just don't feel you have right now and it would help me understand you a bit better to know what you feel is missing.

I also want to note for everyone that (and I've said it repeatedly) the team does read the forums but what would really help them is instead of just yelling and being angry you channel that into constructive criticism. Saying "I don't like [INSERT THING]" without any explanation doesn't do the team (or me who helps to present your feedback) any good when we can't truly understand WHY you're upset. That is why saying "I don't like [INSERT THING] because XYZ" helps or "I'd love it if [INSERT THING] was in the game because XYZ."

I am a huge fan of constructive criticism but what I am not a fan of are personal attacks toward fellow community members or employees.

Are you kidding? That's literally what fans have been doing since the game was announced. We've been asking for missing features (especially toddlers) since day one... toddlers are a topic that has literally been talked about over and over and over and over and over and over (x100). We're sick of "explaining" what we want because it apparently doesn't matter. We never get answers. Even though toddlers have been asked for, begged for, demanded for, etc time and time again, the discussion has been continuously ignored by EA, Maxis, and the Gurus.

I have no idea what else we need to say or do for you to understand that toddlers are wanted. Honestly, your claim that you "don't understand" the issue is ridiculous. There's no way (especially by now) that you can't possibly know that toddlers are a commonly demanded feature for this game.

In fairness though fans' patience is paying off. Since the game was released we have had missing features patched in to the game like the gardener and the repairman :) And regarding toddlers, a lot of work has to go in to them and in my opinion they cannot be just "patched" in to the game. It will take a full expansion pack to bring toddlers back in to the game, and I'm sure if @SimGuruDrake was allowed to talk about The Sims 4's future (which she isn't) then she would agree :)
    Toddlers can't be patched in. Think about it. Toddlers are a huge thing, they will be added to CAS, new features will be added for them and so will new objects and clothing. If EA patched them in they would be without cribs, high chairs, toys, prams, etc. It would be a massive mess and then the community would be even angrier at EA. So where would the sense be in patching them in to the game?

I think they know toddlers are wanted badly for The Sims 4 :) and I'm sure EA have plans to add them in to the game, but it isn't EA's way to talk about future packs as we know hence there being no rumours/news until the release of a pack is right around the corner :)

I am almost 95% certain that we'll get toddlers soon enough, but am positive that EA will not mention them until an expansion is announced with toddlers in it :) Also let's take it easy on SimGuruDrake, she's working for EA/Maxis and doesn't make the decisions on when she can give us news about the packs :) I'm sure that when she can she will :)

Sending you all hugs <3 and :cookie:

Matthew.

thank you Mattew! that's what i been saying. expansion pack or them do a free pack like they did with the holiday stuff was so that people can put them into the game if they want toddler or if they don't then they don't get the free pack. it's logical thinking to be honest if they're in a free pack or an expansion pack. i think they will be in the game at the end. if toddlers were mention before the game release and they were taken out. it would be for a good reason that they did that. probably to get them just right for the people that have been wanting toddlers since their release. Honestly people do you want toddlers to be buggy as plum or have the prefect bundle of bouncy joy? i rather have the prefect bundle of bouncy joy and have the people working on them take their time. yes im 50% family simmer but i rather have the stages non buggy, unlike how the babies where at the start which has been fix and ea has been repairing the bugs slowly with each patch they did and returning the missing pieces in each patch or give little something to us as well.

They either need to be patched in or given to us in a free pack. Expansion packs, game packs, or stuff packs shouldn't even be considered for a base game feature (especially one that was originally confirmed to be in the game, but removed at last minute). Stop giving the developers ideas that they can simply make us pay for base game content. I refuse to do that and so do many others. Toddlers either need to be given to us for FREE or not at all.

If the developers know what good for them and EA/Maxis, then they will not only give us toddlers for free, but also make sure they aren't glitchy. They've been given enough strikes at this point. No more excuses!

the ep was from a survey i saw i don't agree with the thought of them being in an ep to be honest because then there wouldn't be any other stuff to get for them unless it wa in a patch but preteens yes because in another thread i saw what they look like and they look like they wear the same thing as teens and up wears. so they can be in the ep but toddlers i think it would be a better idea for the free pack so everyone will be happy with their game if you want the toddlers to be in your game get the free pack if you don't don't get it simple as that. :smile:

as for the glitchy toddlers bit i think thats why they took them out tbh because they might been having trouble with them as well is why babies are chain to their cribs. i hope that if they do the generation ep that they fix the babies in a patch before it so that you can do things with the babies. cause that is logically a patch thing and what would be cool is to change their onsies and have different outfits for them as well. plus have like the baby mat and changing table like the sims 2 or wash them in the sink like the sim 2. and have the baby swing that was in the sims 3 store cause i loved that and loved to be able to have the baby downstairs or in an area with its family. plus strollers again.

Every expansion pack usually has a big patch prior to release. That patch often includes a feature introduced in the expansion pack, but is given to the general Sims fans anyway. I believe if a 'Generations' pack is released, toddlers and even preteens (If they decide to include them as well) will be the new patch content (with basic items like cribs, highchairs, etc). Then the two life stages will be further expanded in the actual expansion pack itself.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options

I don't understand why it's ok to think the worst of ea, but not the developers, who are actually creating the game. I think they are both doing a horrible job. Plus EA does get involved with all games so i doubt that they make so many decisions in the sims. I mean do they decide that bugs shouldn't be fixed till the next monthly patch? Or the delay of expansion packs? Or the theme and stuff in each game?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    inmyhead63 wrote: »
    I believe the EA franchise does know and understand the importance of toddlers in the game for family players. I do think theyve been working on them and had some difficulty at some point. I do believe they will come in a patch. I do believe they will make a really great Game Pack for family simmers ! I do think it WILL be worth the wait and the deeply immersive game play we've come to know (especially from Sims 2) WILL happen again! I think this past year has shown that the Gurus DO deeply care what simmers want! I think Sims 4 is a fantastic upgrade in MANY ways! "Get Together" was a pleasant surprise that added a lot to the way the game is played and Windenburg is a really COOL and beautiful place for the sims to hang out. I think Sim communities everywhere are gonna go GAGA when toddlers are back and simmers everywhere will be restored in faith to the EA franchise! I think its a solid Base game that will continue to upgrade and become better with time. YES, its so darn hard to be patient! We were spoiled with the "feel" of the past games having all the content and Sims 4 has felt bare.. it IS improving MUCH and am sure it will continue to do so! One of the gurus once said something like "youre going to get everything you want and more" I dont see any reason to not believe that.

What a lovely and refreshing post! :smile:
  • Options
    Yes I doubt they would give both toddlers and preteens for free . We'd get toddlers in a free pack and then preteens in a generations ep.

If preteens are given to us in an expansion pack only, then the same problems will occur if they decide to release toddlers for free. The only content that preteens will ever get will be in that expansion pack only, which would be really pointless. Why include preteens in the game at all if they'll only get stuff in that one pack? Unless the Generations pack will also come with Seasons, Supernatural, or whatever else they decide to come out with, it wouldn't make any sense to give us any life stages in a pack only. The only reason it worked with Sims 2: University was because the young adult Sims didn't have any other purpose than being college students. Preteens are completely different.

Also, many people seem to forget that every expansion pack has a patch released prior to launch. The patch usually includes a major feature introduced in the expansion pack. It would make perfect sense for that specific patch to give us toddlers and preteens (along with basic content) and then have the gameplay for them expanded in the actual pack itself.

Any life stages being expansion pack exclusive would make no sense and would only end up ruining their purpose in the long run. They need to be patched in or not given to us at all.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    I can't believe that people are naive enough to think that they have some special right to yell at and insult the gurus because they didn't add something they want in. The only thing yelling at and insulting the gurus will do is get you banned. If you are really so dissatisfied with 4, then play another Sims game. No one is holding a gun to your head.

Considering toddlers were originally supposed to be in the game (and yes, they were confirmed), but removed at last minute, we have every right to complain about that. Stop acting like you're such an almighty person telling consumers (the people who pay for the game) what we can or can't complain about. I paid for this game (along with many others). It's people like you who make video game companies think it's actually okay to release half developed games.

When Sims 2 and Sims 3 both had toddlers, but Sims 4 removes them at last minute with no actual logical reasoning for doing so, there's a problem. There was absolutely NO reason for toddlers to be removed. And if there was, the fans at least deserve an answer explaining why they were taken out. Get over yourself.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

Of course you'll expect cars to be in GTA because that's the focus of the game and that's what the title is about. I see the point you're trying to get. But The Sims isn't named The Toddlers and the franchise isn focused around them either.
  • Options

I would simply stop playing The Sims 4, uninstall the entire game, and probably never trust another Sims game again unless I know for a fact that all base game features will be included from the beginning.

But, the thing is that they won't just come out and say "toddlers aren't coming" because they know fans will stop purchasing future content. So, instead of giving us an actual answer, they're avoiding the discussion altogether.

I would be perfectly fine if they would just give us a direct answer on toddlers. I would definitely be upset if they weren't being added in Sims 4, but I would still move on. I'll go back to playing Sims 2 and Sims 3 only. Honestly, they're lucky I'm even still giving this game a chance.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    gmomasuegmomasue Posts: 648 Member
    I hope with all my heart they are going to add toddlers in soon .
  • Options
    I can't believe that people are naive enough to think that they have some special right to yell at and insult the gurus because they didn't add something they want in. The only thing yelling at and insulting the gurus will do is get you banned. If you are really so dissatisfied with 4, then play another Sims game. No one is holding a gun to your head.

Considering toddlers were originally supposed to be in the game (and yes, they were confirmed), but removed at last minute, we have every right to complain about that. Stop acting like you're such an almighty person telling consumers (the people who pay for the game) what we can or can't complain about. I paid for this game (along with many others). It's people like you who make video game companies think it's actually okay to release half developed games.

When Sims 2 and Sims 3 both had toddlers, but Sims 4 removes them at last minute with no actual logical reasoning for doing so, there's a problem. There was absolutely NO reason for toddlers to be removed. And if there was, the fans at least deserve an answer explaining why they were taken out. Get over yourself.

THIS. Don't expect his attitude to change though , he always does this .

Toddlers were promised to us and the fact that they avoid this issue, and this issue only its unacceptable. They had no problems confirming that pets werent being worked on so did the "silence policy"'suddenly change? Everytime i look more into this the more i think they have nothing
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TreelifeCreationTreelifeCreation Posts: 401 Member

It is not that they did not add toddlers that is the issue. It is the fact they promised us toddlers (which many of us believed when buying the game) and at this point it is a lie. :(
  • Options
    Technically no life stage was promised then, children, teenagers adults maybe all the lifestages should be taken out of the game since none of them were promised either. I'm sorry I just don't understand the reasoning that toddlers weren't promised because that applies to all lifestages then and it just seems like a bad excuse and it's a defiantly not an acceptable one.

To be honest, I think it was just lack of time. Lack of time, and perhaps a small push by preteen concept being planned to be introduced in an EP later that sounded, at the time, like a good idea for toddlers to be paired up with.
  • Options

THIS. Don't expect his attitude to change though , he always does this .

Toddlers were promised to us and the fact that they avoid this issue, and this issue only its unacceptable. They had no problems confirming that pets werent being worked on so did the "silence policy"'suddenly change? Everytime i look more into this the more i think they have nothing

Like I said long before this, the fact that Rachel Franklin specifically claimed that removing toddlers was "the best decision to date" is honestly enough for me to become suspicious about whether or not they're even coming at all. I don't care if the quote is being taken "out of context" or not... what "context" was I supposed to take it for? She still said what she did.

I honestly believe the "silence policy" is simply an excuse to walk around the discussions fans actually want to have with the developers. They know we'll be really upset if we find out that toddlers aren't currently being worked on or aren't coming at all, so they remain silent on the issue to give us what they probably think is a "neutral" response, but in reality is actually pretty much speaking for itself that they aren't coming.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg