Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they are even working on toddlers?

Comments

• SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    @sennie it's already been said but I'll repeat it so you can memorize it. If toddlers were added to an EP, that EP will be the only one to feature toddler content. They are not going to add extra content in other packs for toddlers because not everyone is going to buy the Toddler EP (there's quite a few people who already said they have no intention on purchasing a Toddler EP) and people will be angry if they see locked content in an EP that requires another EP.

Another note, in my own observation, is that these EPs in the Sims 4 are somewhat tiny and lack a huge variety of new gameplay. Toddlers would take up 50% of an EP and do you really want to pay another $40 for something that's been base game content for the past 10 years? There's also a rumored pre-teens coming and I really doubt that will be patched in. That's another huge percentage of the Toddler EP. So far it looks like Generations is just about adding "new" life stages and not really about expanding on the current life stages(elders and teens really need new stuff) and expanding on family play. There will be sacrifices made with a Toddler/Preteen Generations EP. They will be nothing alike.

I understand a toddler patch is huge. But it's not exactly impossible....

As much as I understand your reasoning why toddlers shouldn't come in an EP, I'm not convinced they can't add content later even if they do. I don't consider it being set in stone.
    For one thing, if they add preteens, this would also concern that life state aswell. So in that case even they should be patched in. I don't think that will happen, neither do I think it'll happen with toddlers, unless the developers really want to patch up relationship between disappointed fans who requested it. Either way I think same fans will buy a Generations EP with only preteens, so what is, in that case, the point of patching in toddlers so that the only ones who benefit from the patch are those who may not want them at all?

Considering Stuff Packs are now simply DLC, what is stopping them from adding "requires Generation EP" warning to download content aimed for toddlers/preteens. It's not a completely far fetched thought, is it?

I don't think there will be any trouble with future EP compatibility either, they always take that into consideration.

• AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    @sennie it's already been said but I'll repeat it so you can memorize it. If toddlers were added to an EP, that EP will be the only one to feature toddler content. They are not going to add extra content in other packs for toddlers because not everyone is going to buy the Toddler EP (there's quite a few people who already said they have no intention on purchasing a Toddler EP) and people will be angry if they see locked content in an EP that requires another EP.

Another note, in my own observation, is that these EPs in the Sims 4 are somewhat tiny and lack a huge variety of new gameplay. Toddlers would take up 50% of an EP and do you really want to pay another $40 for something that's been base game content for the past 10 years? There's also a rumored pre-teens coming and I really doubt that will be patched in. That's another huge percentage of the Toddler EP. So far it looks like Generations is just about adding "new" life stages and not really about expanding on the current life stages(elders and teens really need new stuff) and expanding on family play. There will be sacrifices made with a Toddler/Preteen Generations EP. They will be nothing alike.

As much as I understand your reasoning why toddlers shouldn't come in an EP, I'm not convinced they can't add content later even if they do. I don't consider it being set in stone.
    For one thing, if they add preteens, this would also concern that life state aswell. So in that case even they should be patched in. I don't think that will happen, neither do I think it'll happen with toddlers, unless the developers really want to patch up relationship between disappointed fans who requested it. Either way I think same fans will buy a Generations EP with only preteens, so what is, in that case, the point of patching in toddlers so that the only ones who benefit from the patch are those who may not want them at all?

Considering Stuff Packs are now simply DLC, what is stopping them from adding "requires Generation EP" warning to download content aimed for toddlers/preteens. It's not a completely far fetched thought, is it?

I don't think there will be any trouble with future EP compatibility either, they always take that into consideration.

All the packs are DLC, not just Stuff Packs. But the reason they need to patch toddlers in with a free pack is so they will hopefully add more stuff later on. If they come tied to a pack, there's nothing stopping them frm saying "You got your toddlers and such, that's all your getting". By patching them in, there's no excuse to not add anymore content for them in later packs. And preteens I don't they'll put in the game. Not that I don't want them or anything, but they might not think they're all that important. *shrugs*
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    I can't believe that people are naive enough to think that they have some special right to yell at and insult the gurus because they didn't add something they want in. The only thing yelling at and insulting the gurus will do is get you banned. If you are really so dissatisfied with 4, then play another Sims game. No one is holding a gun to your head.
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    I'm pretty sure that they know we would hate it if they shoved toddlers into and EP, so that's an obvious thing to cross off the list. I would also imagine that they would have to be working on toddlers and all associated assets at the same time as their other things, since they would need to keep releasing content while they are working on them. So they would need to split all their time between toddlers plus their associated content, along with all the GPs, SPs, and EPs. Unless they have a large hidden team of invisible SimGurus that we know nothing about, I would imagine that it would take quite a while if they're going to make them better than TS3 BG toddlers were. If they've been reading the forums from day one, than I can imagine that they have quite a list of content that would need to be included with toddlers, as well as changing and adding things based on the shifting forum feedback.
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • NikolaiBanksNikolaiBanks Posts: 149 Member
    > @Gabe_oz said:
    > I can't believe that people are naive enough to think that they have some special right to yell at and insult the gurus because they didn't add something they want in. The only thing yelling at and insulting the gurus will do is get you banned. If you are really so dissatisfied with 4, then play another Sims game. No one is holding a gun to your head.

I can agree with you there, Gabe, I'm disappointed toddlers are not in Sims 4 at the moment, but I am professional enough to at least wait or accept toddlers won't be added at this current point, besides I can wait a while more, if people want toddlers, they still have Sims 2 and Sims 3, both those games have Toddlers in them.
    'Fear not, for I am with you;
    Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
    I will strengthen you,
    Yes, I will help you,
    I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.’
    Quote from Isaiah 41:10

All the packs are DLC, not just Stuff Packs. But the reason they need to patch toddlers in with a free pack is so they will hopefully add more stuff later on. If they come tied to a pack, there's nothing stopping them frm saying "You got your toddlers and such, that's all your getting". By patching them in, there's no excuse to not add anymore content for them in later packs. And preteens I don't they'll put in the game. Not that I don't want them or anything, but they might not think they're all that important. *shrugs*

Hmm, yes. It is hard to say what they plan on doing with them. If toddlers are coming alone, a patch would probably be the more desirable way to add them in, but if preteens come with them too, it makes more sense they both come within the same EP. Adding additional content after that will have to be taken into account. Nevertheless, I think it's safe to say they will do it differently this time around, with both how they are added in, and how they are considered when creating future EPs.
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    edited March 2016
    SimmieSims wrote: »
    I think we have to be mindful of the way we communicate our frustration sometimes. There's of course anger in regards to missing content - not only limited to toddlers, but toddlers are the topic of this thread.

Our voices should be heard, especially on this forum, but I've noticed that some members suddenly "disappear" after angry outbursts, and no, they do not get abducted by aliens.

It's important to stay on track and be objective when we criticize, so that nobody gets "abducted".

When we start name calling it's easy to get rid of a forum member who has good intentions, but communicates in a way that is deemed inappropriate for this community. And every forum member who gets banned, is one less voice that gets heard.

i agree. We have lost such important membwrs, like kirby. He wasn't a troll or a bully, but just a very angry customer.
    Gabe_oz wrote: »
    I can't believe that people are naive enough to think that they have some special right to yell at and insult the gurus because they didn't add something they want in. The only thing yelling at and insulting the gurus will do is get you banned. If you are really so dissatisfied with 4, then play another Sims game. No one is holding a gun to your head.

We are free to do whatever we want. We are customers and the gurus developed a mediocre game. People are angry.

Also here you are yet again name calling people. No one here standing up to gurus is "naive" . Also if you bothered to read this thread you would know we have been saying that toddlers were PROMISED to us before launch, this is not "future" content its "missing" content so maybe learn that before insulting people AGAIN.

bekkasan wrote: »

so...tell me who is yelling at and insulting gurus now? @SimGuruDrake has already been in here and chastised some and she does not need your help. Some of us are actually awaiting @SimGuruDrake to come back and respond to those of us who typed to her. What I would really love if she actually got RF to come by and let us know exactly what we want to know. Of course, I am not holding my breath on that one, nor am I expecting any of the PTB's (I'm not taking about guru's mods or developers) to make the decision to settle this discussion once and for all. You cannot tell me that RF who is the boss cannot tell us what we want to know if she wanted to.....ARE WE GETTING TODDLERS OR NOT IN THIS VERSION OF THE SIMS???????

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't come back. Things got complicated , so they can't deal with it
    21mbz47.jpg
  • DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We aren't free to do whatever we want. This forum has rules that everyone must abide by. Failure to do so will get you punished. IMO, it seems counter productive to yell at and anger the very people you want to listen to you in the first place. In your job, do you respond better when you're yelled at or when you're asked politely to do something? It's just common courtesy.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,840 Member
    If we found out today that toddlers were not going to be added to this versions of the sims what would y'all do?
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We aren't free to do whatever we want. This forum has rules that everyone must abide by. Failure to do so will get you punished. IMO, it seems counter productive to yell at and anger the very people you want to listen to you in the first place. In your job, do you respond better when you're yelled at or when you're asked politely to do something? It's just common courtesy.

Agreed. But saying the game is mediocre and half baked isn't against the rules. You are mixing stuff. If anything the person who wrote that is an expert at name calling simmers who complain about the game, so that hypocrecy won't be accepted in MY thread.
    21mbz47.jpg
    If we found out today that toddlers were not going to be added to this versions of the sims what would y'all do?

I would probably stop purchasing the game. I only bought lt cause if toddlers were added and i could go back to family play and legacies I would probably want all the content. I would maybe wait till pets, but we know that that wont be for a while so i might get bored of waiting
    21mbz47.jpg

Precisely! Asking for something and then yelling and demanding it afterwards isn't going to make them come faster. People here forget the fact that the gurus and devs are people with not only feelings, but tight schedules. They aren't free to do as they please. People seem to think its a hobby, it's not, it's a job. And they also aren't mindless robots either (which is what people treat them as). It's like asking your parents to buy you a toy, they say they'll think about and then you yell at them. Of course the parents are less likely to get it. And it applies here too.

And @Orchid13 I'm sooooo sorry (sarcasm) that you feel my phrase applies to you. Honestly, I find it really does. Don't come on here, berate the game and the developers on its official discussion page and not expect backlash.
  • InvaderchickycatInvaderchickycat Posts: 809 Member
    edited March 2016

Not buy the game I just tried the trial but it didn't interest me.and boo on the countdown I wanted more time with it.
    Feel sorry for the people who bought on good faith and annoyed at EA for saying all lifestage would in the game then didn't deliver. And no one say it wasn't promised same could be said for children-adult and we got those lifestages, toddlers have no good reason for being absent for about 2 years now.

I don't have anything against gurus but a little communication goes along away I liked the art style but no cast,open world, or toddlers...it's bogus...as for going back to Sims 3 yeah I'm going to play it but I don't care much for how those sims look I would love Sims 4 sims with toddlers in open world but alas it's not gonna happen.

And no I don't believe they are working on toddlers.

Precisely! Asking for something and then yelling and demanding it afterwards isn't going to make them come faster. People here forget the fact that the gurus and devs are people with not only feelings, but tight schedules. They aren't free to do as they please. People seem to think its a hobby, it's not, it's a job. And they also aren't mindless robots either (which is what people treat them as). It's like asking your parents to buy you a toy, they say they'll think about and then you yell at them. Of course the parents are less likely to get it. And it applies here too.

And @Orchid13 I'm sooooo sorry (sarcasm) that you feel my phrase applies to you. Honestly, I find it really does. Don't come on here, berate the game and the developers on its official discussion page and not expect backlash.

Blacklash? Besides you , most people have been extremely forward woth gurus. This thread to me is a success. As for you... Im not surprised you are here insulting people , that's your daily routine
    21mbz47.jpg
    edited March 2016
    Orchid13 wrote: »

Agreed. But saying the game is mediocre and half baked isn't against the rules. You are mixing stuff. If anything the person who wrote that is an expert at name calling simmers who complain about the game, so that hypocrecy won't be accepted in MY thread.

I don't have issues with simmers who don't like the game, I have issues with people like you who believe that if you don't like the game you have the right to berate and name call the people who make the game. I name call the name callers to show them how they really are.bSo tell me. Who's the hypocrite? (You also seem to believe that just because you made the thread you have the ability to control the people in it.)
  • candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    I don't think toddlers are coming back do to the New World Order they just want us to have test Tube Babies and then they grow up. Really Sims 4 is pathetic I am sorry I bought it. Waste of money I don't know how people play it is dull. Everyone keeps waiting for a New EP or something to make it better.
    I think we have to be mindful of the way we communicate our frustration sometimes. There's of course anger in regards to missing content - not only limited to toddlers, but toddlers are the topic of this thread.

Our voices should be heard, especially on this forum, but I've noticed that some members suddenly "disappear" after angry outbursts, and no, they do not get abducted by aliens.

It's important to stay on track and be objective when we criticize, so that nobody gets "abducted".

When we start name calling it's easy to get rid of a forum member who has good intentions, but communicates in a way that is deemed inappropriate for this community. And every forum member who gets banned, is one less voice that gets heard.

i agree. We have lost such important membwrs, like kirby. He wasn't a troll or a bully, but just a very angry customer.

We are free to do whatever we want. We are customers and the gurus developed a mediocre game. People are angry.

Also here you are yet again name calling people. No one here standing up to gurus is "naive" . Also if you bothered to read this thread you would know we have been saying that toddlers were PROMISED to us before launch, this is not "future" content its "missing" content so maybe learn that before insulting people AGAIN.

so...tell me who is yelling at and insulting gurus now? @SimGuruDrake has already been in here and chastised some and she does not need your help. Some of us are actually awaiting @SimGuruDrake to come back and respond to those of us who typed to her. What I would really love if she actually got RF to come by and let us know exactly what we want to know. Of course, I am not holding my breath on that one, nor am I expecting any of the PTB's (I'm not taking about guru's mods or developers) to make the decision to settle this discussion once and for all. You cannot tell me that RF who is the boss cannot tell us what we want to know if she wanted to.....ARE WE GETTING TODDLERS OR NOT IN THIS VERSION OF THE SIMS???????

I wouldn't be surprised if she doesn't come back. Things got complicated , so they can't deal with it

"Promised" - this is generally why I believe the developers are very reluctant talking about future content while it's still in development. Promises are taken as guarantees, yet in early development, there are none. I understand the disappointment from those who pre-ordered the base game solely on the toddlers being promised, expected even. However, a pre-order is still only just that, a pre-order. Nothing is guaranteed. In most cases, before purchase, this is made clear in Terms of Conditions. In this sense, there's really no one to blame but the customers themselves from not fully understanding the terms, if they even read them. However! It does not change the fact that their promises were broken, or in any way change the fact that they are disappointed with the end product. It's unfortunate really :confused:

As far as what toddlers are considered, missing content or future content, I consider toddlers missing content from the "base game". But the base game has come and gone. It has been completed and released, without toddlers. They were missing content, but the day after the release of the base game, and certainly now, over a year after, they should be considered as "future content". That is what they are referred to by the developers, and that is what they are, regardless if they in the future come with an EP or within a patch, and despite the fact that they are still considered missing content by some.

• XopaxPaxXopaxPax Posts: 1,769 Member
    This thread is a giant flying 🐸🐸🐸🐸.
    tenor.gif
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

I didn't want to overdo the posts today but I couldn't ignore this. Kirby was usually jailed because of what you said, but that wasn't the reason he was banned. That truth is something that still agitates me to this day...

"Promised" - this is generally why I believe the developers are very reluctant talking about future content while it's still in development. Promises are taken as guarantees, yet in early development, there are none. I understand the disappointment from those who pre-ordered the base game solely on the toddlers being promised, expected even. However, a pre-order is still only just that, a pre-order. Nothing is guaranteed. In most cases, before purchase, this is made clear in Terms of Conditions. In this sense, there's really no one to blame but the customers themselves from not fully understanding the terms, if they even read them. However! It does not change the fact that their promises were broken, or in any way change the fact that they are disappointed with the end product. It's unfortunate really :confused:

As far as what toddlers are considered, missing content or future content, I consider toddlers missing content from the "base game". But the base game has come and gone. It has been completed and released, without toddlers. They were missing content, but the day after the release of the base game, and certainly now, over a year after, they should be considered as "future content". That is what they are referred to by the developers, and that is what they are, regardless if they in the future come with an EP or within a patch, and despite the fact that they are still considered missing content by some.

I'm sure the big reason of the silence , is because they can't deliver. Toddlers were just a BIG promise. Besides that we are still missing basic NPCs , transportation and even normal career choices. Obviously those haven't created more complains cause the trending topis has been toddlers for the last year and a half.

The thing is that since the toddlers are obviously a big deal breaker . I can't understand why they avoid it so much. Like i said even if they said they are being worked on, the community would calm down, they said pets arent being qorked on, so why not confirm the toddlers too?
    21mbz47.jpg

I'm sure the big reason of the silence , is because they can't deliver. Toddlers were just a BIG promise. Besides that we are still missing basic NPCs , transportation and even normal career choices. Obviously those haven't created more complains cause the trending topis has been toddlers for the last year and a half.

The thing is that since the toddlers are obviously a big deal breaker . I can't understand why they avoid it so much. Like i said even if they said they are being worked on, the community would calm down, they said pets arent being qorked on, so why not confirm the toddlers too?

I don't believe toddlers were, at any point, a big promise. They were, if anything, expected to be in the base game even by the developers, especially during early development. Toddlers weren't a big promise, they were a humongous disappointment when they weren't delivered.
    I think they avoid talking about them much more carefully than anything else. Toddlers are a very very extremely sensitive subject for fans, and for a lot of people a year hasn't done much to calm them down. Any hint or word about toddlers has the potential to blow out into a massive, irreversible, big deal during any hour of day. Fans are desperate for news, they have been since day one. When we hear about them for the first time, it will be the loudest, viral, most memorable and most positive news Sims 4 will ever have. They're not taking any risks.