Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Whats up with the ugly hair colour

Comments

• xhellocoldworldxhellocoldworld Posts: 264 Member
    Ooh, yep, that's about the only hair color I'll refuse to use. Might have to do with my hatred for yellow and that hair color is straight up yellow. :mask:
    It just looks so fake as well! Like really, I have never seen anyone in real life (not like celebrities, but haven't even seen much of those) with yellow hair.

Although, like some have mentioned here, it looks okay on the townies. But if I controlled a townie like Malcolm or Dina, I'd probably change their hair color though. :grimace::innocent:

"The softest echo could be enough for me to make it through."
    ♥♥♥
    sims-traits.jpg
  • NatKingSimNatKingSim Posts: 757 Member
    Yeah it's awful. I never ever use it. What a waste of a color option, now that we don't have a color wheel.... If it were less yellow it would be more realistic. I love honey blonde in real life, but this is so over the top yellow.
    bI7Zx0.gif
    Download below
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Maybe I'm just biased but I quite like the color. But then again, all the members of my family are golden blond so I don't mind the cartoony version of it in the sims 4. Not really sure how else they could portray golden blond in a cartoony way to match the game other than this?
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited March 2016
    So I managed to find some time for this (and the genetics generator in CAS was very helpful ;) I didn't have time to take them out of CAS and make nice screenshots, but this will do to give you an impression.
    Christopher, the oldest, he's a lazy gamer dude (and totally pulling off the red stubble ;)).
    207b4lg.jpg
    Stephanie, his sister, creative sort of Sim, aspiring writer.
    29bf4wn.jpg
    Their younger brother Joseph, social sort of tech nerd who has a way with the ladies.
    15wx93b.jpg
    Their cousin Fréderique (her dad is French, she gets her build from him), socialite extraordinaire.
    2q35icp.jpg
    Cédric, her brother, fairly normal guy, with a touch of class.
    zb8uo.jpg
    And Véronique, their little sister (not that they're that far apart in age), loves painting, artist (massive French stereotype right there).
    25yvud3.jpg
    Their younger cousin Kate, loves music, dreams of becoming a famous violinist one day.
    2wqwz2g.jpg
    Will, her brother, who is just your regular teen, likes gaming too.
    jkznet.jpg

Little more background info, they all share one set of grandparents, Frederic (whom Fréderique is named after) and Anne. They have six children, Philip (who is Chris, Stevie and Joe's father), Daphne (who married the French guy), Sophie (Kate and Will's mother), her twin sister Phoebe (whose children are Amelia, David and Isabella), Ralph (the ultimate bachelor) and Josephine (mother of Ciaran, Maeread and Eowyn). So obviously, I'd have a lot of Sims to make if I want to gather the entire family ;) (I think I'd get over the 20 Sim limit if I'd add in all the spouses). (not all of them are blond though)

Anyway, my point was, the "yellow" hair isn't ugly.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I like that blonde color too. I think it goes well with the art style in general also..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think that...it's a little hurtful for the eyes, especially at first but when you get used to it it kind of goes away. Though I think it looks worse on some hairstyles.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Simfan923 wrote: »
    Can we post links to CC on the forums? Cause I know a great tumblr page that has amazing recolors for all the hairs from the base game up to romantic garden stuff
    I've seen a lot of links to mods/CC so yeah
    I'm all for anything to replace the yellow

Great! Okay so this one tumblr page I am in love with. They're just recolors but if you like the EA made hair just want new colors this is definitely the place. They've got thinks like Ebony, Strawberry, Maroon etc. I'm hoping the creator makes more colors like platinum or darker hairs but it's still a great selection.

http://lost-my-plumbbob-in-your-pond.tumblr.com/hairrecolours

Edit: The Honey recolor is my personal favorite for an alternative for the corn yellow hair that's in game XD

I tried downloading them but they weren't showing up in my game :(
    IMG-6587.gif
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Kerwinkle wrote: »
    Did you remove the package file from the zip?
    They actually show up as another set of swatches rather than total replacements

:*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • sprootsproot Posts: 590 Member
    edited March 2016
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Kerwinkle wrote: »
    Did you remove the package file from the zip?
    They actually show up as another set of swatches rather than total replacements

There was no zip file o: I can try again and see

EDIT: Ah, there was a zip file! It just didn't show up how it usually looks. Thank you!
    IMG-6587.gif
  • SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    I think it's supposed to be yellow as in a very vibrant yellow, the same way we have a very vibrant red hair colour. I don't think that one in particular is meant to be a natural blonde at all.
  • Sasquatch7Sasquatch7 Posts: 240 Member
    I don't care for it, either. When I was a kid, I had toy food, and the toy french fries were that exact color. So I think of it as french fry hair :D
  • CandyBunnieCandyBunnie Posts: 52 Member
    I don't like the brassy yellow at all. I really wish they patched more colors.
  • ThenyoukissmeThenyoukissme Posts: 304 Member
    Neia wrote: »
    It's not my favorite hair color, but I have a couple of Sims with this blond. I would love to see more hair colors though ! Those ones looked really great :

tumblr_nv5dwfi6Xu1uhq4nqo1_1280.png

(Source)

Oh wow! Absolutely love the plum color. Its gorgeous.
  • SakuraLeonSakuraLeon Posts: 272 Member
    Its not one of my favourite colours, however I do use it a lot for my townies as I love to have lots of different variety's of people in my neighbourhoods :)

On another note, if you google 'yellow hair' a lot of the pictures have un natural hair colourings and look a really similar colour to the sims colour =/
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited March 2016
    foussi wrote: »
    I dont why but why did they added this ugly yellowish blonde, it looks horrible and i have never seen a person with such a blonde in my Life.
    What do you think

The sims don't look real to begin with.
    I don't think its horrible myself.
    I would be surprised if I did see a real person in my life with that shade of blonde!
    It's a game and the art styles suited sims to me.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    I'm not exactly neutral to talk about it lol
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    It's not my favorite hair color, but I have a couple of Sims with this blond. I would love to see more hair colors though ! Those ones looked really great :

(Source)

I'd take plum and caramel.

I don't know who created that hair color chart, but in RL Strawberry blonde hair isn't that red. What you've got there is a true redhead. Trust me, I had strawberry-blonde hair as a child. It morphed into a true red, and over time became a dark red. Now, it's a tad lighter for all of the white highlights. Nice to have white over gray. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    So I managed to find some time for this (and the genetics generator in CAS was very helpful ;) I didn't have time to take them out of CAS and make nice screenshots, but this will do to give you an impression.
    Christopher, the oldest, he's a lazy gamer dude (and totally pulling off the red stubble ;)).
    207b4lg.jpg
    Stephanie, his sister, creative sort of Sim, aspiring writer.
    29bf4wn.jpg
    Their younger brother Joseph, social sort of tech nerd who has a way with the ladies.
    15wx93b.jpg
    Their cousin Fréderique (her dad is French, she gets her build from him), socialite extraordinaire.
    2q35icp.jpg
    Cédric, her brother, fairly normal guy, with a touch of class.
    zb8uo.jpg
    And Véronique, their little sister (not that they're that far apart in age), loves painting, artist (massive French stereotype right there).
    25yvud3.jpg
    Their younger cousin Kate, loves music, dreams of becoming a famous violinist one day.
    2wqwz2g.jpg
    Will, her brother, who is just your regular teen, likes gaming too.
    jkznet.jpg

Little more background info, they all share one set of grandparents, Frederic (whom Fréderique is named after) and Anne. They have six children, Philip (who is Chris, Stevie and Joe's father), Daphne (who married the French guy), Sophie (Kate and Will's mother), her twin sister Phoebe (whose children are Amelia, David and Isabella), Ralph (the ultimate bachelor) and Josephine (mother of Ciaran, Maeread and Eowyn). So obviously, I'd have a lot of Sims to make if I want to gather the entire family ;) (I think I'd get over the 20 Sim limit if I'd add in all the spouses). (not all of them are blond though)

Anyway, my point was, the "yellow" hair isn't ugly.

I have a problem with it. It's too brassy. I wish they had a nice shade in between this 'yellow' and the platinum blonde.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    These screenshots are probably going to turn out horrible :/
    e7fkvr.jpg
    4smjgi.jpg
    24ctkba.jpg
    Anyway, the colour reminds a bit/a lot of the blond the EP hairstyles from TS2 had :)
    Also, I never said it was perfect, or that I wouldn't like another shade of blond in the game, I only said that it's not an ugly colour.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • NoriYoriNoriYori Posts: 36 Member
    [quote="foussi;880368"]I dont why but why did they added this ugly yellowish blonde, it looks horrible and i have never seen a person with such a blonde in my Life.
    What do you think[/quote]

What's so ugly about it?
  • NoriYoriNoriYori Posts: 36 Member
    I think it might have something to die with the texture of thei hair, not the hair color.
  • sunspritersunspriter Posts: 125 Member
    omg yes!! reading this thread i'm so shocked anyone likes this, to me it is so bad i change any townies i see with this color. im wondering if it has something to do with graphics tho? the pictures above don't look half as bad as what i see in my game.
  • LightfieldLightfield Posts: 12,450 Member
    I don't really have anything against it, there are some sims that look very nice in it in my opinion... But I, too, wish that there was a colour between that one and the platinum blonde.
    Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange and pretend you're laughing at it.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member

(Source)
    I would pay good money for that plum color. :love:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • SlimerSlimer Posts: 116 Member
    Yeah, this hair and the dark, unnatural red hair.