Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family Play Is About More Than Toddlers

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2016
    Actually Sims can visit each others houses in Sims 2 without a mod. I was playing in there tonight - and I had no issues in the college town of clicking on a rental house, as long as someone was there and getting a pop up that asked if I wanted to visit that house. If no one is home when you click it - it says no one is there and it does not let you go there. If they are home and click yes, a cab takes you there to the lot. Then you have to ring the bell, and then you can go in to visit. You can also invite others to your house - by calling them on the phone or if they call you and they ask to come over. There are also party invites you can do on the phone as well. I am not using any mods in my Sims 2, just the CEP program and Sims 2 pack cleaner. and Maxis match recolors CC, default eyes and skins - so far anyway. LOL. I am using the UC version of Sims 2 - not sure if that makes a difference.

I do find the cab business ridiculous, as one house I wanted to visit was practically across the street my sims dorms and it still sends a cab just to basically cross the street. Talk about a DOH moment. LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SimeggrollsSimeggrolls Posts: 637 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Actually Sims can visit each others houses in Sims 2 without a mod. I was playing in there tonight - and I had no issues in the college town of clicking on a rental house, as long as someone was there and getting a pop up that asked if I wanted to visit that house. If no one is home when you click it - it says no one is there and it does not let you go there. If they are home and click yes, a cab takes you there to the lot. Then you have to ring the bell, and then you can go in to visit. You can also invite others to your house - by calling them on the phone or if they call you and they ask to come over. There are also party invites you can do on the phone as well. I am not using any mods in my Sims 2, just the CEP program and Sims 2 pack cleaner. and Maxis match recolors CC, default eyes and skins - so far anyway. LOL. I am using the UC version of Sims 2 - not sure if that makes a difference.

I do find the cab business ridiculous, as one house I wanted to visit was practically across the street my sims dorms and it still sends a cab just to basically cross the street. Talk about a DOH moment. LOL.

I believe university is like a one world thing.I haven't played that expansion pack in years but I think I remember making my sim visit a greek house.Im gonna have to test that out as my memory is cloudy lol
  • Options
    mrbmrb Posts: 176 Member
    Sims weren't even Toddlers that long in the game. They were Toddlers less than a Sim week. Without them, I am still able to get plenty of family play with the two EPs we have out now. Even with just the base game, I was able to get a ton of family play.

Base Game Only
    * Families had picnics at the park. This includes grandparents also.

* Birthday parties at the park.

* Costume parties for kids (deluxe)

* Grandparents taking grandchildren fishing

* Parents mentoring their children in skills

* Parents reading to their children

* Parents giving their children the wohoo talk

* Parents watching TV with their children

* Parents playing toys with their children

* Parents and older siblings provide homework help.

* Children/teens do homework together.

Get to Work

* I take several pictures of the family. This is a big one for families and it adds so much to gameplay.

* I also had a family run a business together. They lived above it and didn't have other jobs. It went until the grandchildren. Then they got bored and sold it. Toddlers wouldn't be able to help out in a store.

Get Together

* I don't know if this would be family play but I made a group of elders who challenge younger Sims to chess at the park and are mischievous to children and teens

* I also made a group of teens that was mean to children. They hung out at the park late at night and caused mischief. Some of the children ended up joining when they got older.

* I had a group of moms who would get together and have drinks and gossip.

* I had a group of elder men who would go to the park and fish.

* I had a group of children and teens in a homework club where the teens would help the children with their homework.

* I made a romance club and then a group of old prudes who were mean to the members of the romance club.

If toddlers were in the game, they probably wouldn't be able to join clubs.

Other Packs

I don't own the other packs but I see the potential for family play in them.

* Taking a family camping trip (OR)
    * Grandma, mom, daughter spa visit (SD)
    * Family movie night (MS)
    * Beautiful parks for families to have picnics (RGS)

I could list more. To me, The Sims 4 base game has more for families to do than The Sims 2 & 3 base games. I thought the base game for The Sims 4 was more well rounded even though it didn't have toddlers.

Mods, this is not feedback on the game. This is ideas of family play within the game players can use.

well what about the people who really want tolders in the game. who really enjoy the stuff you can only get from tolders such as teaching them to talk or walk or potty training them. or just holding them in your arms or watching them do cute tolder stuff or feeding them or watching them just make a mess. some people enjoy that stuff what are they supposed to do with the sims 4.

• Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited March 2016
    GC: So what are your medium and short term priorities for The Sims 4 at the moment? I was trying to check last night, and you still don’t have toddlers?
    RF: No.
    GC: Is that something that’s going to come later, in maybe the next expansion? Since that is one of the main things fans are still asking for.
    RF: You know, our fans ask for a lot of things! [laughs] And here’s the thing, we look at a lot of different factors. We look absolutely at things that are being said in public forums. We also have groups of fans coming in, but we also have telemetry to tell us what people are actually playing with and using.
    GC: It almost reminds me of a Kickstarter project, where you have all these ideas and demands coming in and you have to push back against some of them.
    RF: I think it gets factored in. I would say it’s less of a push back and more of a,’How are we taking that into account and weighing it against all the other influences?’
    GC: So you’re satisfied that not having toddlers was the right choice?
    RF: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time. So absolutely, I feel like it’s the best decision for the game to date. I’m not talking about future stuff. But I do think it’s important to know, that players play in very different ways. We see all kinds of different play styles and family players are very passionate, so are players that play other ways.

Um I think this means they are coming not sure though

What a plum argument/statement. The only groups they let in are the EA created 'Yibsimmers' community, which are in my opinion the most biased they can be. It's all fine and dandy..

Why haven't they ever invited the most unsatisfied, critical Sims Fans into their 'territory'. Why haven't they ever invited LGR for example? No. They only want people to promote their game and spread all happy cheer. That's what personally frustrates me the most.
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    edited March 2016
    "Please give me proof that the family play is better in the sims 4 than sims 3."

For me it is with parents and kids. Giving a kiss, snuggling & reading books to them are must have interactions for me to feel a bond between them. That was taken out of Sims 3 and I felt disappointed by it. Last night, I tried playing TS3 again and still feel a lot is lacking with the interactions for parents and kids.
    I like the animations in TS4 when parents are reading books. It's not always the same animation. When your kid is uncomfortable she will sigh or cry a bit when being read to. lol.

03_06_16_4_48_18_AM.png
    Video_14_3_avi_snapshot_00_00_2016_03_08_03_3.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    GC: So what are your medium and short term priorities for The Sims 4 at the moment? I was trying to check last night, and you still don’t have toddlers?
    RF: No.
    GC: Is that something that’s going to come later, in maybe the next expansion? Since that is one of the main things fans are still asking for.
    RF: You know, our fans ask for a lot of things! [laughs] And here’s the thing, we look at a lot of different factors. We look absolutely at things that are being said in public forums. We also have groups of fans coming in, but we also have telemetry to tell us what people are actually playing with and using.
    GC: It almost reminds me of a Kickstarter project, where you have all these ideas and demands coming in and you have to push back against some of them.
    RF: I think it gets factored in. I would say it’s less of a push back and more of a,’How are we taking that into account and weighing it against all the other influences?’
    GC: So you’re satisfied that not having toddlers was the right choice?
    RF: That’s the decision that we made based on all of the information that we had at the time. So absolutely, I feel like it’s the best decision for the game to date. I’m not talking about future stuff. But I do think it’s important to know, that players play in very different ways. We see all kinds of different play styles and family players are very passionate, so are players that play other ways.

Um I think this means they are coming not sure though

What a plum argument/statement. The only groups they let in are the EA created 'Yibsimmers' community, which are in my opinion the most biased they can be. It's all fine and dandy..

Why haven't they ever invited the most unsatisfied, critical Sims Fans into their 'territory'. Why haven't they ever invited LGR for example? No. They only want people to promote their game and spread all happy cheer. That's what personally frustrates me the most.

Can I give you a great big AMEN!!!!
  • Options
    SummerskydreamerSummerskydreamer Posts: 1,681 Member
    edited March 2016
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    "Please give me proof that the family play is better in the sims 4 than sims 3."

For me it is with parents and kids. Giving a kiss, snuggling & reading books to them are must have interactions for me to feel a bond between them. That was taken out of Sims 3 and I felt disappointed by it. Last night, I tried playing TS3 again and still feel a lot is lacking with the interactions for parents and kids.
    I like the animations in TS4 when parents are reading books. It's not always the same animation. When your kid is uncomfortable she will sigh or cry a bit when being read to. lol.

03_06_16_4_48_18_AM.png
    Video_14_3_avi_snapshot_00_00_2016_03_08_03_3.jpg

Ok first off i redone that statment if you saw the post underneath. In what part of the sims3 that you can not do these things with your childern? See why the sims4 can do this with their childern is there is no toddlers in the game so the team had to improvise really. The only limits i have in my game was the cerfew. I can read to my kids and toddlers. I am not saying that you do not injoy your sims4 it is your opinion like mine ok. :smile:

ebuchala wrote: »
    » show previous quotes

There's no "proof" to be given because everyone likes/wants/needs something different in their game. It's an opinion, same as yours.

I know i can change that one part. :wink:
    Post edited by Summerskydreamer on
  • Options
    poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    So I tried to play TS2 again for toddlers but the game is lacking so much to me now I just can't. And omg, everyone goes after the toddler. They were trying to grab her while she was sleeping! I locked her door and they were doing the frustrated hand wave outside her room while dying of starvation or about to pee themselves. I thought about trying TS3 again but ughhhh the game is so ugly and badly optimized imo. I'd need CC to play.

I will say playing with the toddler though was fun and it made me miss toddlers even more. My sim married Darren Dreamer so his son Dirk came with him. Dirk needed social so he went to play peek-a-boo with his sister for hours. It was super cute. And the drawing table and the little horsie and her putting her dolls in her mouth. I'll just be over here missing toddlers.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    So I tried to play TS2 again for toddlers but the game is lacking so much to me now I just can't. And omg, everyone goes after the toddler. They were trying to grab her while she was sleeping! I locked her door and they were doing the frustrated hand wave outside her room while dying of starvation or about to pee themselves. I thought about trying TS3 again but ughhhh the game is so ugly and badly optimized imo. I'd need CC to play.

I will say playing with the toddler though was fun and it made me miss toddlers even more. My sim married Darren Dreamer so his son Dirk came with him. Dirk needed social so he went to play peek-a-boo with his sister for hours. It was super cute. And the drawing table and the little horsie and her putting her dolls in her mouth. I'll just be over here missing toddlers.

Aww i wish you thought sims3 was pretty i can only link my vidoes lol. But i only have cc for my horse and two cc for my simes one eye cc and one hair. :smiley: I know it is not childeren or anything but pets are family too lol.

http://vid1078.photobucket.com/albums/w492/Lorna_Marler/Video-8_zpsdqtp9udx.mp4

• Options

Aww i wish you thought sims3 was pretty i can only link my vidoes lol. But i only have cc for my horse and two cc for my simes one eye cc and one hair. :smiley: I know it is not childeren or anything but pets are family too lol.

If to go into TS3 tag on Tumblr there are some amazing looking sims (with cc of course) and I look there and get so jealous. I WANT to give the game another try but the way it looks, ugh. And the load times are ridiculous. This is an "old" game and my PC seems to have issues running it. It confuses me.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    @poisonedsodapop have you tried asking in that section? There are some wonderful simmers who help others with getting it working well. Honestly my game runs really quickly so you may stumble across something you've not tried and find it works a lot better than expected :)
  • Options
    edited March 2016

If to go into TS3 tag on Tumblr there are some amazing looking sims (with cc of course) and I look there and get so jealous. I WANT to give the game another try but the way it looks, ugh. And the load times are ridiculous. This is an "old" game and my PC seems to have issues running it. It confuses me.

Aww my computer will not hold cc like others as well. I only have an Aspire IX axc-603G-uwi3 is all and the video was from this.Yes my computer is new my mom bought it two months before Oct 2015.
  • Options
    @poisonedsodapop have you tried asking in that section? There are some wonderful simmers who help others with getting it working well. Honestly my game runs really quickly so you may stumble across something you've not tried and find it works a lot better than expected :)

My processor (I can only assume it's my processor) makes a weird noise while the game is running. I can't recall if it's all the time or just when loading. My build is mostly from 2011 though I've added some things since then. What I'd honestly need to make the game playable to me would be a good amount of cc, but I don't know if I want to go through all that. I might give it a try today. I only installed the base game and the clothes were so ugly I stopped playing while in CAS.
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Perhaps someone like @phoebebebe13 will be able to advise. I'm no expert!
  • Options
    I do hope that the team ,gurus and who ever see how upset you all are about this silent treatment you all are getting. I know how you all feel and i hope that you get answers soon.
  • Options
    @mrb NDAs say a variety of things and I think it varies from project to project. They most likely cannot tell you anything until said project is announced. That being said, they are already pretty silent as it is, I would hope they don't decide to become quieter. When they came on to the forums last week I was happy they were interacting somewhere besides twitter. It didn't matter that they couldn't say much. Their jokes showed that they've seen what we've been saying and I saw it more as joining in rather than poking fun.

Now it's probably obvious but I want toddlers. I'm desperate for a toddler announcement. But also torn cause I know we won't have one til they're ready, if ever. I think the best way of dealing with this unfortunately is to either play the game and enjoy what you have or do other things to get your mind off of it. I personally really like TS4 but I acknowledge where it is flawed and lacking. I also play other games though so I don't focus entirely on sims. Unfortunately I think if you aren't happy with TS4 right now then your best bet is to keep critiquing the game and offering your suggestions. But always remember the gurus aren't sim making robots. Being kind in your discussions with them will provide the best results.
  • Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    We have closed this thread for review. Please stand by.

We have no in-flight movie today, but feel free to peruse the forum rules while you wait.
  • Options
    SimStaffBethelleSimStaffBethelle Posts: 1,748 SimGuru (retired)
    Top violations: Flaming, casting aspersions, and derailing.

- If you are posting about a person in the thread, you should not click "Post comment"
    - If you are posting negative comments about any person or organization, you should not click "Post comment"
    - If you are posting to ask why the thread is still open, you should not click "Post comment"
    - As much as we all love popcorn with tea, if that is the content of your post, you should not click "Post comment"

This thread is now being re-opened. Please be sure you are following the forum rules.
  • Options

Ok first off i redone that statment if you saw the post underneath. In what part of the sims3 that you can not do these things with your childern? See why the sims4 can do this with their childern is there is no toddlers in the game so the team had to improvise really. The only limits i have in my game was the cerfew. I can read to my kids and toddlers. I am not saying that you do not injoy your sims4 it is your opinion like mine ok. :smile:

Ah okay, sure. No problem : ) Just disagree with something you are saying- TS4 can do this with their children because there are no toddlers- Ok, that makes no sense to me. lol. In TS2 there were toddlers and you could still snuggle, kiss and read to your 7 year old sims kids. I find the interactions cold in TS3 really., when a toddler grows to a child a parent can't kiss the kid anymore, etc.
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Sims4 is boring there really isn't anything for them to do other then Socialize I don't know how people play it I went back to Sims3 awhile ago and it is much better.
  • Options
    candy8 wrote: »
    Sims4 is boring there really isn't anything for them to do other then Socialize I don't know how people play it I went back to Sims3 awhile ago and it is much better.

I tried TS3 earlier and it crashed on me out of the blue. Think I've given up on that game... again.
  • Options
    SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    @Petranella You have children out in the bar in your game at 3am? In my games, the bar is usually emptying out around this time.

@pepperjax1230 I wish Sims could grill all the fish they catch or more. Not just salmon.

@nanashi-sims Yes, they gain social while they fish now. There is no new animation though.

@Summerskydreamer The Sims 3 doesn't have a pack where Sims can plan club activities. Also, in The Sims 3 children are a lot more restricted with the objects they can use. Children can use a lot more objects in The Sims 4. The Sims 4 is on Origin's Game Time right now. The best suggestion I have is for you to check it out yourself during the free trial to see if you like what the game has to offer.

@ebuchala I agree. The choice should be up to the player.

@Writin_Reg Is this only in the University world or is this in general?

@rudy8292 LGR probably won't be invited to an event because he promotes more than The Sims series. If he was dedicated to The Sims series, then he would probably get an invite. Most of the people who are invited have a website or something dedicated to the game where they can promote the game. @Rflong7 is invited to events and they are pretty critical of the game. So they do invite people who are critical of the game.

@poisonedsodapop I wish people in other countries would understand that EA is a publicly traded company in the United States. They have to abide by SEC laws when releasing information. If they don't abide by the laws, the company will face fines or the people involved could face prison time. I am sure no one wants someone like @SimGuruDrake going to prison because she released information about the game too soon.

@SimStaffBethelle thanks for reopening the thread.
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Hi @SweetieTreats

I wasn't invited when I was critical of the game. And I wasn't giving raving reviews of the game play after Gamescom because I didn't get the playing with their emotions part of the game- which was what I wrote when they asked me.... I don't get it. :lol:
    Maybe that's why I wasn't invited back.

I have no idea why I was invited besides it happened after a lot of flack they received for not inviting the non- Youtube/Big bloggers.

I'm glad I went though. It was something that will never happen to me again. I met a lot of Awesome Simmers. And I got to pass out a lot of plumbbob head-thiings to the people in line who were waiting to try CAS- after sneaking more when the EA Press team told me they were for the press later. So, it was even sweeter. :mrgreen:

• Options
    edited March 2016
    @SWEETIETREATS The Sims 3 doesn't have a pack where Sims can plan club activities. Also, in The Sims 3 children are a lot more restricted with the objects they can use. Children can use a lot more objects in The Sims 4. The Sims 4 is on Origin's Game Time right now. The best suggestion I have is for you to check it out yourself during the free trial to see if you like what the game has to offer.

I installed the sims4 free game and i saw nothing there that the sims3 can't already do. All that is different is those crazy loading screens and the sims giving birth to a cradle. This is suppose to be a life simulating game? Yes i played for around three hourse enuff time to know that the sims4 is not a family play style sorry. Oh the sims can breast feed wow and the fact that the object baby turns into a child adult is not family play sorry. Lets Agree to disagree.

@SOFMC9Ah okay, sure. No problem : ) Just disagree with something you are saying- TS4 can do this with their children because there are no toddlers- Ok, that makes no sense to me. lol. In TS2 there were toddlers and you could still snuggle, kiss and read to your 7 year old sims kids. I find the interactions cold in TS3 really., when a toddler grows to a child a parent can't kiss the kid anymore, etc.

What is so hard to figure out? All EA done was put all the actions from the sims3 toddlers into the sims4 childern is all i could see from my 3 hour play on the sims4 free trail. Yes i did try it like i said and there is no family play presay in this game. Lets Agree to disagree.

• Options

What is so hard to figure out? All EA done was put all the actions from the sims3 toddlers into the sims4 childern is all i could see from my 3 hour play on the sims4 free trail. Yes i did try it like i said and there is no family play presay in this game. Lets Agree to disagree.

hmm, I would say what EA did was bring back the parent-child interactions from Sims 2. Cuddling a child on the sofa was in TS2. The animation in that game and in TS4 is exactly the same.