Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    pjericksim wrote: »
    Things I have learned about TS4 that are different from TS2 is obviously that there is a continuous universe... Unlike TS2, you cannot have another [Real Life] user play a different neighborhood on your computer without affecting the game in your current neighborhood / universe.

So if someone wants to play TS4 on your computer... the only way to let them wreak havoc in the sims universe without "harshing your mellow" is to make them log onto your computer as a completely separate user and play in a completely different account.

My [RL] son, an adolescent, likes to play occasionally... so, not knowing this would affect MY game, I allowed him to set up a family in a different neighborhood.

His idea of game play is completely different from mine. I taught him how to make money by gardening. He went "balls out" on an elaborate plantation layout and enslaved NPC's and other active sims as cheap labor to work his plantation, setting all females in pink bikini uniforms and all males in bear costumes. He killed off one of my character's Babby Daddy, and tried to get characters to move out of my current lot to work his plantation. "Urgh!" Now in my neighborhood, I have women in bikinis and men in bear suits randomly walking my sidewalk.

Okay... now with the global universe comes the global notification wall.

Another way to make "BANK" is writing books or songs. When your sim gets paid royalties there is a notification of a total amount paid out in the lower left corner of your screen, BUT ALSO on the notification wall you have a notification of the itemized amount paid for each title... LISTING EACH TITLE.

I can't help it... when I play the sims, I have always enjoyed releasing my inner "🐸🐸🐸🐸." So the titles of my books are beyond the pale.... like, The Fudge Factory in Uranus [Google: Uranus Missouri Fudge], only much worse and more explicit. This notification wall announces everything, regardless what family or neighborhood is playing. So even as I see my [RL] son's character get a promotion, I know that the notification wall is posting in his game the royalty payments for each of my character's titles. Thankfully, he hasn't been paying attention, or he's just hasn't got the courage to ask me about "Uncle Richard and the Slobbering Plums"

So, my advice: if you're going to allow anyone to play TS4 on your computer without logging into a separate account, don't give your books or songs any title that you wouldn't want your mother to read.

Regards,

Pete

They can play on the same account, you just need separate save games for each person. You can add a new game by clicking on the "+" icon, top right. To access the right game you click on the floppy disk icon next to the "+" - it's easier if you name the saves distinctively.
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Sid1701D9 wrote: »
    giving the wishing well the most amount chances the face on the wishing well, donating half increases positive outcome to neutral.
    Congratulations on 100 Posts. B)

Edit you can see the colors change.

Thank you Sid! It was very exciting when I made the 100, also surprising.

Well not sure about Family trees, what I'm talking about is when you click on the friends list (in the game) and click on the Sim it shows a list Name,(Relationship) Friend, Husband,wife,Son, Daughter, Sister, Brother, Niece, Nephew, Aunt, Uncle
    But if you are playing the Husband and click the same Friends for them it shows her as his wife, but all the rest are friends or acquaintances, not In-law, Uncle, Aunt, Cousin. The only way you know he is related is when you look at the Daughter or their own children.
  • Options
    @Pamhamlet I built a house just below the Grand house, the first free lot think it is on the right and they were there between the Grand and my house. Would have thought it was from a mod I have, but didn't have any mods in my game. Going to go see if I can see them again and will take a picture of them if I do.

• Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    @pjericksim Sorry about your save, but that's some great ingenuity on the plantation. :D There is also the option to start a new game so you guys would have separate saves, so everything would be untouched as long as you guys loaded the right save :) That's usually the only option for multiple players since I had the same predicament with my brother pumping weird sims into my town LOL.
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member
    pjericksim wrote: »
    Things I have learned about TS4 that are different from TS2 is obviously that there is a continuous universe... Unlike TS2, you cannot have another [Real Life] user play a different neighborhood on your computer without affecting the game in your current neighborhood / universe.

So if someone wants to play TS4 on your computer... the only way to let them wreak havoc in the sims universe without "harshing your mellow" is to make them log onto your computer as a completely separate user and play in a completely different account.

My [RL] son, an adolescent, likes to play occasionally... so, not knowing this would affect MY game, I allowed him to set up a family in a different neighborhood.

His idea of game play is completely different from mine. I taught him how to make money by gardening. He went "balls out" on an elaborate plantation layout and enslaved NPC's and other active sims as cheap labor to work his plantation, setting all females in pink bikini uniforms and all males in bear costumes. He killed off one of my character's Babby Daddy, and tried to get characters to move out of my current lot to work his plantation. "Urgh!" Now in my neighborhood, I have women in bikinis and men in bear suits randomly walking my sidewalk.

Okay... now with the global universe comes the global notification wall.

Another way to make "BANK" is writing books or songs. When your sim gets paid royalties there is a notification of a total amount paid out in the lower left corner of your screen, BUT ALSO on the notification wall you have a notification of the itemized amount paid for each title... LISTING EACH TITLE.

I can't help it... when I play the sims, I have always enjoyed releasing my inner "🐸🐸🐸🐸." So the titles of my books are beyond the pale.... like, The Fudge Factory in Uranus [Google: Uranus Missouri Fudge], only much worse and more explicit. This notification wall announces everything, regardless what family or neighborhood is playing. So even as I see my [RL] son's character get a promotion, I know that the notification wall is posting in his game the royalty payments for each of my character's titles. Thankfully, he hasn't been paying attention, or he's just hasn't got the courage to ask me about "Uncle Richard and the Slobbering Plums"

So, my advice: if you're going to allow anyone to play TS4 on your computer without logging into a separate account, don't give your books or songs any title that you wouldn't want your mother to read.

Regards,

Pete

I love this post! Thanks for giving me a smile this afternoon. :smiley:
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Something I realized only recently. It always bothered me why is a bed a career reward for the painters, and then I realized that each of the patterns the bed comes in is inspired by Van Gogh's paintings:
    The Starry Night- the most obvious one:
    1280px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
    Bedroom in Arles:
    Vincent_van_Gogh_-_Van_Gogh's_Bedroom_in_Arles_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
    The Sunflowers:
    Vincent_Willem_van_Gogh_127.jpg
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    I knew the Starry Night and Sunflowers ones were Van Gogh, but didn't know the frame/red cover were too.
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    "Sul sul" means hello, I think.

When two sims meet, they always say "sul sul". It cracks me up. :D
  • Options
    Never paid any attention to either of these two things will have to check it out closer. Thank you for saying something about them.
  • Options
    ctroihd1ctroihd1 Posts: 218 Member
    That even our Sims are not immune to scammers! [img][/img]28v8tog.png

Danny had to cry it out! BTW, he donated autonomously.
  • Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    edited March 2016
    Last night, I created a family of five male quintuplets, and everything seemed cool until I sent them on a fishing trip....Apparently, Maxis coded the fishing holes to only allow 4 sims to fish at one time! :-1:
  • Options
    Something I realized only recently. It always bothered me why is a bed a career reward for the painters, and then I realized that each of the patterns the bed comes in is inspired by Van Gogh's paintings:
    The Starry Night- the most obvious one:
    1280px-Van_Gogh_-_Starry_Night_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
    Bedroom in Arles:
    Vincent_van_Gogh_-_Van_Gogh's_Bedroom_in_Arles_-_Google_Art_Project.jpg
    The Sunflowers:
    Vincent_Willem_van_Gogh_127.jpg

Speaking of Van Gogh....Have you guys seen this???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3LSfvcmrf0

• Options
    edited March 2016

This amazing video crawled across my Facebook feed a few days ago...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47h6pQ6StCk
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Sims can paint landscape painting. I am not sure if this added in Outdoor Retreat or in a patch but I just noticed it.

Sims can also brew Lemon Honey Ginger Detox Tea if they reach level 10 of the Wellness skill.

Also, I just found out that you can use computer desk chairs as dinner table chairs or for the card table/Don't Wake the Llama games.

Wellness skill??? what game did that come from??

• Options
    froggiiqqfroggiiqq Posts: 108 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Sims can paint landscape painting. I am not sure if this added in Outdoor Retreat or in a patch but I just noticed it.

Sims can also brew Lemon Honey Ginger Detox Tea if they reach level 10 of the Wellness skill.

Also, I just found out that you can use computer desk chairs as dinner table chairs or for the card table/Don't Wake the Llama games.

Wellness skill??? what game did that come from??

it came from Spa Day
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    ahhh I still need to get that one. Thank you.
  • Options
    kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    Not sure if this has been mentioned, too many pages to have a look, and I've never noticed that if your sim has a certain mood, they can write mood books... Shows how much attention I pay ¬.¬

Untitled_zpswlzzjcxe.jpg
    May we all chill like wizards
  • Options
    LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Wanna add a twist to children's playground equipment? A ghost can possess a pirate ship or a spaceship. The kids just won't be playing on it though since, well, it's possessed. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCE9zzpwK0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US4XjGRsx0s
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    3KNPen wrote: »
    2j0ia9x.jpg
    That you can actually put stuff on this table. I really like the look of this table and it makes me sad that you seemingly can't put anything on it without cheats. I've gone through almost all the deco and plants searching for something...anything...to put on it with no luck. Until the child in my legacy household went into this room and put the toy down on it. Guess I'll have to got through and check all the toys now.

You can put books on it too (actual books your sims can read not the decor ones)
  • Options
    Marycool33Marycool33 Posts: 151 Member
    I didn't know that book royalties were daily, I thought they were weekly for some reason.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Awwww...did you know that when a childish Sim plays with the dollhouse, if he likes the character that lives there, he will pat and stroke the character's head? Sims can also scold the little people, too--heh heh--just like we do when we play with our Sims, right? :p;) They will also dip the characters into the little pool or hot tub and splash them around like they're swimming. So cute!

03-07-16_10-35-37nbspPM_zpsf3k1usst.png
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Teens can help Children with Homework!

Sometimes I'm astonished at the things I haven't found before now.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Anyways for Get To work doctor career, the symptoms are really hard to tell when they are sitting down, so have them stand up and talk to them for a while they will show their symtoms really fact. I use the teleport ability from Spa Day game pack, for some reason other seems freak out over you appearing out of thin air they will stop whatever they are doing to watch. From what I learned is there is some slight differences in sweaty shivers and itchy plumbob.

For sweaty shivers the sim only itches his bottom part and may show steam off his head.

Itchy Plumbob the sim itches his belly and his legs, there is no fever with this.

Burning Belly the sim rubs his tummy like he does when hungry, and steam comes off their heads.

Lamma Flu Sims do the throw up interaction when talking to you, and may have a fever with steam coming off their head.

Starry Eyes Sims show stars around their head and bat at something not quite there.

Tipple Threat Sims show stars around their head with a thought bubble of stars spinning around them and maybe coughing. This is usually a good tell tell sign its tripple threat. Starry Eyes sims don't caugh.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Wanna add a twist to children's playground equipment? A ghost can possess a pirate ship or a spaceship. The kids just won't be playing on it though since, well, it's possessed. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCE9zzpwK0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US4XjGRsx0s

Haha, my ghost child likes possessing the gyms. I forget to cancel it cause I always think he's going there to play :joy:
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Awwww...did you know that when a childish Sim plays with the dollhouse, if he likes the character that lives there, he will pat and stroke the character's head? Sims can also scold the little people, too--heh heh--just like we do when we play with our Sims, right? :p;) They will also dip the characters into the little pool or hot tub and splash them around like they're swimming. So cute!

03-07-16_10-35-37nbspPM_zpsf3k1usst.png
    Yes! I love childish sims, too. :D They also cry when the dollhouse is broken and can play with the big stuffed animals too :)
  • Options
    Speaking of dollhouses..Are you guys aware that when they were designing the very first Sims Game way back in 1999-2000, the programmers referred to the project as "The Dollhouse"?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top