Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

♦ The Gifting Directory ♦ Happy 11th Anniversary!

Comments

• tac612tac612 Posts: 453 Member
    Afternoon all! Another busy day down, but now I finally have some time to hunt around for ads! :)

Updated top 5
  • LoveandhateLoveandhate Posts: 553 Member
    Thank you @tac612 for my Romper!

I have a question. When downloading stuff from the Exchange, how do we know which expansions it needs? I don't have them all yet, and have tried to download a couple things, but when I go to my launcher, it says I cant because I dont have the EP. :(
    Have a great, blessed day!
    Sims 3 store: ScarlettRing

• thereesespiecethereesespiece Posts: 614 Member

I have a question. When downloading stuff from the Exchange, how do we know which expansions it needs? I don't have them all yet, and have tried to download a couple things, but when I go to my launcher, it says I cant because I dont have the EP. :(

On the download page theres a tab that says "Items" it will list all EPs SPs and store content :smile:
    edited March 2016

You're welcome @Loveandhate! I'm working on more points so I can get you the dress you had on your list. At the time, I didn't have enough points.. I think I do now! :) EDIT: tried again, but the ads I just did haven't registered yet... maybe soon!
    Yes thank you so much @LaineeCheri , that has been bugging me for a while!

@tac612 you spoil me. :P I need to return the favor!

• ReachsimsReachsims Posts: 7,932 Member
    I was trying to figure out how we got from 995 pages this morning, to 998 after just a few hours in class. I'm so sad that Gui won't communicate with us. I was going to say, I saw his first post, and it was in another language, then they posted the English version. If they used something to translate that, they should translate our responses. :( Guess it's time to ignore.

It's not a matter of not being willing to communicate. It's a matter of not being able to.

@Everyone - If I am the only one who is flagging (reporting) all these instances of spam by Gui, I am afraid we may not ever be able to get rid of the problem. Ignoring the situation won't make it go away. That's what the flag/report button is for.

I hope at least a few of you will go through the last few pages and flag/report every spam post. I've done all of them. By the way, it won't let you do each post more than once so there need be no concern over missing any. You can post the same complaint in the body of text for each one so it only takes a couple minutes to do all of them. Please help.
    edited March 2016
    @Reachsims I posted a message on their wall in Portuguese (hurrah for Google Translate!) after this last onslaught of spam messages as well as reported the messages. Hopefully the Portuguese message will get through to them.

Edit: I would hate to get to 1,000 based on spam messages let's get rid of those!
  • renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member
    @Reachsims i've been reporting too. saw as i was catching up that they were spamming so i started reporting back on page 996.
    do the moderators actually take down the spam posts? this is only the second time i've had to report someone so i'm still new to what actually gets done
  • girlwhocriedtaylorgirlwhocriedtaylor Posts: 536 Member
    edited March 2016
    So... I finally got around to posting on this thread. :smile:

My thesims3.com username is: ohsoswiftly13

My top 5:
    1. Wilderness Crib
    2. Fit as a Fiddle Violin
    3. Wonderfully Woven Hanging Chair
    4. Like a Princess
    5. One Love Rose in Vase

Thank you! This is an awesome thread!
    Post edited by girlwhocriedtaylor on
  • laurelarlaurelar Posts: 383 Member
    I've reported some, but I didn't know if it was frowned upon to do multiple reportings. Glad to know I can.

My top 5:
    1. Wilderness Crib
    2. Panda Crib
    3. White Rabbit Shelf
    4. Like a Princess
    5. Put some birds on it

(Also, can I put sets on my top 5?)

It's best not to. People have limited SP, and many of us are still buying for ourselves as well as gifting. If you do individual items, it'll cut down on your set price, making the entire set cheaper for you, and more affordable for us to gift. You can further save by getting your sets on sale or on daily deal!
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited March 2016
    edited
    Post edited by friendsfan367 on
    @LaineeCheri and @renyerookami - EA already deleted a bunch of these spam messages (but not all of them yet) from Gui today for us which is why we went from 998 pages to 997 but this personal spambot we have on our thread started posting more of the same exact message again. At this point, I would not gift them again and they won't be able to be listed in the Gifting Directory. Thank you for reporting them! That's the main thing we can do to get this stopped. It's unfortunate that it goes way beyond needing a Portuguese translator.

I mean, if you have a really rude house guest who is not family, you don't invite them to your house a second time, do you? I didn't think so.

Welcome to @girlwhocriedtaylor! I'll be adding you in the next 2-3 minutes. :)
  • renyerookamirenyerookami Posts: 536 Member

My top 5:
    1. Wilderness Crib
    2. Panda Crib
    3. White Rabbit Shelf
    4. Like a Princess
    5. Put some birds on it

welcome to the thread :) we prefer it only be single items, that way someone doesnt waste sp by gifting you a piece from a set and having someone else gift you the whole thing (rare but does happen)
    welcome to the thread :) we prefer it only be single items, that way someone doesnt waste sp by gifting you a piece from a set and having someone else gift you the whole thing (rare but does happen)

That's understandable. Thank you for answering my question!
    Reachsims wrote: »

Thanks! :smile:

My top 5:
    1. Wilderness Crib
    2. Panda Crib
    3. White Rabbit Shelf
    4. Like a Princess
    5. Put some birds on it

Welcome @girlwhocriedtaylor!! Some of those items are from Animals Abound. Have you checked out the thread about that awesome cascade?!
    edited March 2016
    Thank you @Loveandhate for the dress! one of my favorite dresses! I'll be sure to return the favor when my points are registered!

Edit: Top 5 updated. I also flagged the posts as well.. was wondering what was going on!

Edit 2: Thank you @LaineeCheri for the lovely tops!! :) I almost missed the message (between trying to get points and the storepage acting weird, I would have missed it but happened to check my email!) Top 5 updated again!
    @LaineeCheri and @renyerookami - EA already deleted a bunch of these spam messages (but not all of them yet) from Gui today for us which is why we went from 998 pages to 997 but this personal spambot we have on our thread started posting more of the same exact message again. At this point, I would not gift them again and they won't be able to be listed in the Gifting Directory. Thank you for reporting them! That's the main thing we can do to get this stopped. It's unfortunate that it goes way beyond needing a Portuguese translator.

I mean, if you have a really rude house guest who is not family, you don't invite them to your house a second time, do you? I didn't think so.

Can they ban the user?
    edited March 2016
    you can put sets as long asthe sets or items in them are on your list sometimes its easier to gift indiviual items that add up to a set. cheaper.
    I left you a message on your wall. We don't recommend putting sets on the top five list at all. The OP has been edited/updated over the years and quite recently so it will be different from when you might have read it years ago. CYS changed everything. ;)

• FrannyFranny Posts: 2,022 Member
    edited March 2016
    It's nice to see you here, @girlwhocriedtaylor! Like @LaineeCheri kindly mentioned, through the Animals Abound cascade you can get the Panda and Wilderness Crib for free and so much more.

Please check out the Animals Abound thread and read the first post on page one for all of the info. I hope to see you there! <3

Edit - I, too, reported Gui's posts as spam. Hopefully, this will all resolve soon. :)
    TS3 Username: XxEquestrian95xX
    I became an
    "own the store" member on February 27, 2016. Thank you so much, everyone!

Do you enjoy saving SimPoints?
    If so, check out the following threads for more info
    : Free Kids Items - Animals Abound Cascade CascadesDaily Deals ( DD Spreadsheet )

NzEguYNjKIUMw.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    you can put sets as long asthe sets or items in them are on your list sometimes its easier to gift indiviual items that add up to a set. cheaper.
    I left you a message on your wall. We don't recommend putting sets on the top five list at all. The OP has been edited/updated over the years and quite recently so it will be different from when you might have read it years ago. CYS changed everything. ;)

read it. i was distraced by a alien shirt. now im focused again.
  • Martje89Martje89 Posts: 938 Member
    Wow... it's been such a long time since I last posted here. I'm sorry for being absent lately :flushed: But I didn't forget about you lovely people! Life has just been crazy busy and I had to work extra hours. Working on my gifts for the Gift Exchange also kept me pretty busy. Also being active here was just too much to handle at the same time. :/ But hopefully I'll have more time soon so I can watch some ads and send some gifts! I really missed the fun of gifting others.

Anyway, participating in the Gift Exchange was so much fun! :blush: I finally had time to actually play and enjoy all the awesome gifts I was given the last couple of months :heart: So thank you for that! And if anyone wants to have a look and witness the fun I had while playing my game, the gifts I created can be found here.

I need to catch up with a lot of messages and I hope to do so very soon. :smile: But for now I just want to say that it's awesome to see so many new faces and to read all the joyfull messages. And I saw we almost reached the 1000 pages, which really is amazing! :mrgreen: *happy dance*

Have a lovely day / evening everyone and hugs to you all! :heart:
  • VioletHorseVioletHorse Posts: 1,288 Member
    All most 1,000 pages!!! :smiley:
    Would it help if I told a simguru about *problem*?
    Welcome @girlwhocriedtaylor!! Some of those items are from Animals Abound. Have you checked out the thread about that awesome cascade?!
    Franny wrote: »
    It's nice to see you here, @girlwhocriedtaylor! Like @LaineeCheri kindly mentioned, through the Animals Abound cascade you can get the Panda and Wilderness Crib for free and so much more.

Please check out the Animals Abound thread and read the first post on page one for all of the info. I hope to see you there! <3

Yes, I just checked it out. I skimmed it a bit, but didn't read the whole thing. (don't have much time right now :smile:)

I'm new to using strategies to get stuff from the store. Before I used to just buy a small item that didn't cost many SimPoints here or there. This will sure save me some SimPoints! Thank you all again!