Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread :)

Comments

• kitoraemkitoraem Posts: 889 Member
    edited March 2016
    I haven't done any writing in my dairy for over 2 years now, I guess it's hard to find the time in the day anymore. I'll update you, with photos in this scrapbook of course.

Zak proposed to me over a dinner date one day, I wasn't sure if everything was going too fast, but I found myself saying yes. The ring was gorgeous, and all our friends were so happy for us.
    03-07-16_7-18-22nbspPM_zps3ygqpjb0.jpg
    03-07-16_7-19-31nbspPM_zpstpdao19p.jpg

We had the most fantastic wedding, it was a lovely ceremony..
    03-07-16_7-54-05nbspPM_zpsrp0pxcml.jpg
    03-07-16_8-05-09nbspPM_zpsepz5ggyf.jpg
    03-07-16_8-07-33nbspPM_zpsrmik8nwy.jpg
    03-07-16_8-08-42nbspPM_zpspmb3woyb.jpg

A few days later, I found myself feeling alot of nausea, and the sight or smell of eggs was making me ill, I felt different, and after a trip to the doctors, I found out I was pregnant. I was delighted don't get me wrong, but Zak had been having a poor performance at work, and money was tight.
    We named him Oliver, he was the most beautiful baby ever, even the doctors at the hospital said so! I sat Zak down and told him the news, he was happy. We could make it work right?
    03-07-16_9-49-18nbspPM_zpskbcokwhj.jpg

Jessica and Matthew were over the moon for us.
    03-07-16_9-51-15nbspPM_zpsa6jyafou.jpg

03-07-16_10-24-25nbspPM_zpspnpz6ugo.jpg
    03-07-16_10-42-39nbspPM_zpslac5apgp.jpg
    03-07-16_10-32-11nbspPM_zps1kawoq8r.jpg

The stress of a new baby was getting me down, Zak was doing quite badly at the new job, he would come home late every night, sit on the other side of the room, there wasn't any cuddling, kissing or time alone together anymore, He seemed very distant.
    Whenever I questioned him, he told me he was always tired and to get off his case, I felt deep down something more was going on than what he was telling me.... I actually don't think he realized I noticed the flirting going on between him and Lorna on the day of the weenie roast we hosted at our house.
    03-07-16_11-02-50nbspPM_zpsuzhn4tgi.jpg
    03-07-16_10-25-10nbspPM_zpsoupmduyl.jpg

I vow to write in the dairy more, I feel quite alone and this has always helped in my time of need, I decided to quit my job as a Freelance and work from home while looking after Oliver, I'm writing my own books the royalties are just enough to pay for the rent and food, Zak on the other hand, I have no hope for him becoming promoted.
    03-07-16_11-28-53nbspPM_zpsueaai7im.jpg
    May we all chill like wizards
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    edited March 2016
    @kitoraem Ooo...sideflings. At least with Harlow, he was single when he was going about with Nancy, although she was married and he was friends of the family. That eventually fell through once he met Maria.

Speaking of: "Maria's Realty" is now posted in the "Sims 4 Stories and Legacies" section. So if you want to read the whole thing, maybe see a post you missed now you can. Click here to start reading.

I will say it's mainly just copy/paste from the posts I made here, just minus responses to others and those lil cliffhangers I always add to my posts.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    @Simfan923 ooh the family is expanding heh.
    @Hannie when in doubt add more drama or something sweet.
    @kitoraem oh the drama, maybe things were moving too fast for them I wonder if they can fix things.
    I did take a couple pics the other day but I was too tired to post them today I deleted most of them to show you as I'll probably go in game and get more pics.
    03-07-16_1-28-27nbspPM_zps2dej3gdf.png
    Things are a little awkward between the two and Brian is just going to pretend he's not there.
    03-07-16_1-30-44nbspPM_zpshjwiciek.png
    That awkward moment when you watch you friend and sister struggle with their relationship...yeah lol.
    03-07-16_1-51-02nbspPM_zps924femfy.png
    Of course everything goes well for the somewhat perfect couple lol, of course they are often all over one another.
    03-07-16_1-52-13nbspPM_zpsowfqfou7.png
    He likes dancing more than working out on the equipment upstairs:)

Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
    @RedDestiny92 - Well!... probably won't sort things out, as I deleted the save file by accident! Whooops!

I'm making a new challenge, I won't be a story teller, as I'm making my own thread, but will post pictures! :D
    @kitoraem lol oops, well look forward to your new pics then heh
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • egwarhammeregwarhammer Posts: 5,752 Member
    edited March 2016
    Just ran into a site I thought might inspire some of our builders...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/home-and-garden/45-incredible-tiny-houses-youll-hardly-believe-are-real/ss-AAgl7hf?ocid=spartandhp#image=1

Of course, not all of it can be done... but there are some really neat pictures there! (I'm no builder, copy/paste FTW.)

EDIT: between real/ and the dash where it says plum (which is totally RIDICULOUS inside a WEB LINK, @SimGuruDrake), it's 2 s-letters next to each other.

Wow. Fixed itself when I edited it to tell you how to fix it. Very weird.

• MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    @Ulfric_Grimbrand The Happy Play club :) as someone said before, we seemed to be having a good time ;)

@LosaruTaiyo Bookmarked your thread, I'll read it later, at some point, when I have time (and a decent internet connection to load all those images, altough the connection is alright at the moment)

@egwarhammer I managed to find it, bookmarked so I can find it again. Tiny houses - I think I may try to build some of those (at some point). I couldn't help but notice that one of the first ones, in spite of its tiny-ness, had a hot tub ;) As for the double S thing, that has caused many people trying to abbreviate Spooky Stuff issues as well (never happened to me, as I imagined we wouldn't be allowed to use it, I must have payed attention during history class ;)).
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    edited March 2016
    @MDianaSanders Try uploading all of them. :D I jest of course. I just wanted the posts all in one thread for anyone interested that didn't want to dig through over 200 pages trying to find them all. I actually almost missed a crucial one too: Harlow talking about his ex. That was probably one of my harder posts to get pics for as it was a flashback one. But worked out beautifully.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

• Ulfric_GrimbrandUlfric_Grimbrand Posts: 681 Member
    edited March 2016
    @egwarhammer That link doesn't work for me.

Here's the link I was able to search
    45 Tiny Houses
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I think I mentioned working on a building manual right?
    2u7q9mu.png
    And it's not the colour that makes me happy (not too big a fan of yellow ;)). The ideas and testing them are the best part about manual-writing, the actual writing is less... exciting ;)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    *returns from the dead with more pics* hehe
    03-08-16_9-57-52nbspAM_zps5izzvfqd.png
    Starting off with a late night party for Miranda and Ellie, Brian mentioned their roommates and of course Jordan and Melody want to know who they are. The girls were excited to come to their older siblings house for their party.
    03-08-16_9-59-43nbspAM_zpsfemtwur6.png
    Slowly people start arriving and I send Ellis and Ailene in the kitchen to meet Melody she was glad they seemed nice, it made her feel better about her babies living with strangers hehe. Maria was curious about them too but they checked out fine with her.
    03-08-16_10-01-03nbspAM_zpsle7xz2o9.png
    At first I thought Jordan didn't come but I found him eventually.
    03-08-16_10-07-05nbspAM_zpsywummvcx.png
    The darn caterer put candles on Miranda's cake again but Ellie's cake was eaten :)
    03-08-16_10-08-57nbspAM_zpswvjvpjwh.png
    Jordan is smiling as his son has been talking non-stop about this woman since he arrived, of course Ellis was extra polite since he was interested in the man's daughter, good luck dude lol.
    03-08-16_10-24-40nbspAM_zps5bbkcieb.png
    The sims, mostly the ones I was playing, kept freezing in-between actions so the party went from about ten to six the next morning, and I saw that our mail person was replaced...I don't know why it amused me it just did, were you having juice on the job girl?
    03-08-16_10-18-52nbspAM_zpsdcbvbd9j.png
    Soon it was time for work, Brian left first and Ailene went out autonomously to do what Ellis here is doing, pretty sure they both wanted a hug before they left. I didn't hover over Ellis I was too busy thinking it was sweet that he rushed outside for Sandra, you know you want her in your life you teddy bear. My sims don't do that normally so it was cute.
    03-08-16_10-33-38nbspAM_zps8cbrvmr4.png
    When Brian got back soon Ailene was on her way followed by Sandra, Brian decided he didn't need anymore time to decide he wants to be with Ailene.
    03-08-16_10-34-57nbspAM_zps1xyyokbf.png
    Sandra is so excited for them.
    "I can't believe it, you guys are gonna get married so soon?" she said, mostly teasing them.
    "What can I say? You know when you know." <3
    03-08-16_10-35-58nbspAM_zpsphvx3bcr.png
    "I'm so glad you're going to be my sister."
    "Me too, we can beat up your brother as a team when he messes up." >:)
    "Hey now, I don't appreciate you girls scheming."
    "We have no idea what you're talking about."
    hehe
    03-08-16_11-32-44nbspAM_zpsiutx5nh2.png
    03-08-16_11-33-01nbspAM_zpsv33ydhir.png
    I did some minor fix ups...no she's not pregnant but that's the next step :smile: , Sandra's room is my favorite.
    03-08-16_12-04-26nbspPM_zpsmpy9h2q0.png
    Lastly make overs, I gave their family a new look but I forgot to do Maria's also I "aged up" their parents with an older look since it makes since we'll see all of them at the wedding though.
    "Dude I can't believe you went green for the wedding."
    "When it looks good just roll with it man."
    "I don't care as long as it matches your tux." Ailene adds.
    "Did you get a perm too?" Sandra teased.
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • HannieHannie Posts: 608 Member
    kitoraem wrote: »
    @Hannie loved reading! can't wait to see more :D

Thanks :smiley: working on the next character now. Can't decide if I want the story to go dark though, or just normal with a bit of drama. :neutral:
    Hannie wrote: »
    @Hannie loved reading! can't wait to see more :D

Thanks :smiley: working on the next character now. Can't decide if I want the story to go dark though, or just normal with a bit of drama. :neutral:

I'm sure you'll come up with something good! Both sound brilliant :blush:
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I love everyone's stories! I'm liking and awesoming like crazy. @LosaruTaiyo The wedding ending is amazing. And I'm so happy you put up the whole story for me to read. @Hannie Love Aspen. It reminds me of all my teen books and t.v. shows that I secretly watch as my guilty pleasures (ex. gossip girl) @CK213 Reality show is so cool! Again, I love all of the stories, but I'm too busy at work to look up everyone's names.
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Hi everyone! I haven't posted in awhile, but I've often stopped by to read all your updates. Always wonderful stuff!

I have been very busy playing different families in my game, and uploading some houses and Sims to the Gallery. One that I just did on a whim today was Catalina (Catherine) of Aragon (King Henry VIII's first wife). I couldn't do much with the clothing, but I had fun trying to recreate a pretty "modern" version of her anyway. You'll find her on the Gallery under my ID Pamhamlet or search for Aragon, if anyone would like to download her--I'm very proud of her. As usual, I use no CC. :)

Here she is:
    03-08-16_12-31-38nbspPM_zpsdyleg1r8.png
    S4-CAragon_zpszj8ehysf.jpg
    edited March 2016
    Hello Dawwwlings, It's Nancy Landgraab. Sorry I haven't been in touch for a few days. Let me catch you up on what's happening in my life. Oh, and good news, I was able to kill one of these people this week!

Daniel Pleasant: My boyfriend. Married to Mary-Sue, and sister to Jennifer Burb. Wants children, like yesterday. Bit of a drinker.

Mary-Sue Pleasant: Best friends with Jennifer. Goody two-shoes know it all. I hate her.

John Burb: He's hot. Best friends with my husband, Geoffrey.

Jennifer Burb: First she breaks Daniel's heart. (yes, they had to break-up when they found out they were actually siblings) Then she goes out with me, only for me to realize she's going out with a different person every day. Her aspiration is to be the town bicycle. I mean it's one thing for me to cheat, but her husband is a hottie. What gives? Oh yeah, and I hate her.

So I'm leader of Real Housewives of Willow Creek. And Mary-Sue overthrows me!? Can you believe that?! And after I gave everyone mean bonuses. Ugh. I really wanted to kill her, but I can't. Here's why. If I killed her, Daniel would want to have a kid with me. And possibly want me to leave Geoffrey. And, don't tell anyone this, but I love Geoffrey. So I promised Daniel I wouldn't kill his wife. But I didn't say anything about his sister. So I invited Jennifer Burb over and she ate cake from one of my darling pet plants. Who needs pets when there are cowplants? And now she's dead. And Mary-Sue won't stop moping around. Life is grand! And if Daniel gets too upset with me, I can always bring her back as a ghost.

Edited because I forgot to tell you how proud I am of my son, Johnny Zest! He came back and I thought he would be all boring and good, like his father. But when I fight with Mary-Sue and Jennifer, he always roots for me. And he troll the forums every chance he gets. There may be hope for him, yet!
    Pamhamlet wrote: »
    Hi everyone! I haven't posted in awhile, but I've often stopped by to read all your updates. Always wonderful stuff!

I have been very busy playing different families in my game, and uploading some houses and Sims to the Gallery. One that I just did on a whim today was Catalina (Catherine) of Aragon (King Henry VIII's first wife). I couldn't do much with the clothing, but I had fun trying to recreate a pretty "modern" version of her anyway. You'll find her on the Gallery under my ID Pamhamlet or search for Aragon, if anyone would like to download her--I'm very proud of her. As usual, I use no CC. :)

Here she is:
    03-08-16_12-31-38nbspPM_zpsdyleg1r8.png
    S4-CAragon_zpszj8ehysf.jpg

What a great idea! I love the 6 wives. You can have King Henry kill and divorce them. Fun! Thanks for sharing!
    edited March 2016
    Just ran into a site I thought might inspire some of our builders...

http://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/home-and-garden/45-incredible-tiny-houses-youll-hardly-believe-are-real/ss-AAgl7hf?ocid=spartandhp#image=1

Of course, not all of it can be done... but there are some really neat pictures there! (I'm no builder, copy/paste FTW.)

EDIT: between real/ and the dash where it says plum (which is totally RIDICULOUS inside a WEB LINK, @SimGuruDrake), it's 2 s-letters next to each other.

Wow. Fixed itself when I edited it to tell you how to fix it. Very weird.

Fixed above *and* site-wide by @SimGuruDrake just now. :) It bugged me, so I asked. Woot!
    Aragon is really pretty @Pamhamlet .

Long, long day today. Sadly too tired to sim, although mark my words I am thinking of that scene I was talking about. But I seriously do need more energy before I attempt it.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

@Pamhamlet she's gorgeous!

@LosaruTaiyo no play here today either. Need to put my MC-writer hat back on, there's a User Guide calling my name. I haven't had *that* block of time yet this week. I'm looking for it. :)

@CK213 I hope you got rested up, deliriously tired and I know each other well, too. I'm *almost* back to "normal" but not quite yet. Also looking for that. haha!

Weird week, I'm having... heh.
  • SoapSudsSoapSuds Posts: 1,359 Member
    The last few days have been pretty busy, on top of still being sick, so I haven't been able to play much Sims or even visit these forums in that time. I got a tiny bit of game time in yesterday, so here's what I got from that, along with a few shots from last week.

I spent a few hours last week building a movie theater, and had the girls check out the new scary movie playing there.
    wJnGKSy.jpg
    y78nZBY.jpg
    Ai's having herself a great laugh while the others are scared to death.
    1o82Fxu.jpg

A few around the house have been getting sick lately (Samantha, Cheryl, Cecilia, and Ai, I think).
    kp0p4XE.jpg

Over the weekend, I thought it would be a good/fun idea to spend a Sim day with each of the girls individually. Have them go out by themselves and do things they like. It works out well too because I'm able to do it with all six of them in a row due to their days off from work. The first day, and only day I've done so far, was with Jennifer.

In the morning, she spent time at the cafe and met and talked with a few people there.
    yVO4qDH.jpg

Next, she decided to use all that energy she got from the coffee and hit up the gym for a bit.
    RPVWY9o.jpg

Lastly, she was invited by Jade to check out a club, so she spent all night dancing and socializing there.
    CmZxVvO.jpg
    Xi1xWJO.jpg

She had fun, and met a lot of new people. Was good for her to spend a day to herself and do what she wanted to do. It should be good for all of them.

The next day will be spent with Sara.

Screen dump:
    qwhWWQw.jpg
    du591fG.jpg
    AjlxElq.jpg
    nbQBONH.jpg
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I haven't done any writing in my dairy for over 2 years now, I guess it's hard to find the time in the day anymore. I'll update you, with photos in this scrapbook of course.

03-07-16_8-07-33nbspPM_zpsrmik8nwy.jpg

03-07-16_8-08-42nbspPM_zpspmb3woyb.jpg

I love the black and white shots.
    The Sims 4 should have a Noir mode.

The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • taigoesrawrtaigoesrawr Posts: 812 Member
    Hi guys so I was actually stressed for awhile when it came to TS4 (call it a slump?) because I couldn't enjoy myself for some reason. Today, however, I decided to just..relax, let go and let things happen in game without being such a control freak. :) So here's some of what happened throughout the day

03_08_16_8_27_45_PM.png

Breakfast time! :D I had my sim Mario prepare the meal beforehand. (he's the guy with the black hair, you'll see him in abit)

03_08_16_8_33_38_PM.png

Jackson's face :P "Why are they making me throw away my unfinished plate of deliciousness? what a waste. :( "
    (Looks like he finished all the bacon and one piece of toast :p )

03_08_16_8_35_22_PM.png

For some reason Mario came into the kitchen looking kind of mad. He also slammed the fridge which was kind of..childish.
    So I did the best thing I could think of for him!~

03_08_16_8_40_29_PM.png

Watching fish! What's more calming than observing the creatures that reside within the deep blue sea?! :)

03_08_16_8_41_03_PM.png

He was still looking pretty tense though.. so I decided to take my mom's advice aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand

03_08_16_8_43_33_PM.png

Have that moody mcmoodington of a sim take a very needed nap! My mom always said that if I'm feeling grumpy I should just sleep it off. :blush:

03_08_16_7_58_15_PM.png

Meanwhile, Jackson needed to burn away those calories!

03_08_16_7_58_24_PM.png

I never noticed this but I think the higher fitness level a sim has.. the more aggressive they are with the punching bag. He was like, really going at it. :D

Anyways since Mario was taking a nap I decided to have Jackson go out and about~

03_08_16_9_13_43_PM.png

Decided to take pictures of the kids playing around the area. I never realized it until I really just watched them and I just ADORE the atmosphere they bring. It felt really "family" like. It made going to park so neat~

03_08_16_9_10_37_PM.png

It was my first time seeing this interaction (Jackson playing "Monster" with the kids on the boat) it was so cute! I think the girl was aiming that cannon at him xD ..

03_08_16_9_16_08_PM.png

I think that's the little girls brother. They look kind of similar so I'm just assuming :P

03_08_16_9_11_53_PM.png

When I first realized she was up there I was like "Awee she's having a party all by herself!"

03_08_16_9_14_01_PM.png

I saw this sim playing chess by herself. She seemed kind of sad... I was going to have Jackson go talk to her but she suddenly got up and left the moment he sat across from her so I thought that was her way of going "🐸🐸🐸🐸 off" :*

*ahem*

03_08_16_8_06_34_PM.png

At one point my sim Mario did wake up and since Jackson was out and about still (I just switched control to Mario) I decided for him to go out to the bar! (since he was invited by my other sim Teddy for Guys Night coincidentally!)

I was so happy to see my other sim Chris tending to the bar! I've never seen any of my created sims working jobs so it was nice to see her doing her own thing.

03_08_16_8_10_11_PM.png

Bob Pancakes and some.. other people were there as well!

03_08_16_8_11_49_PM.png

This girl looked kind of mysterious. Especially since it was "Guys Night" .. her being there was strange but she was super cute looking so I didn't mind!~

03_08_16_8_09_58_PM.png

Mario and Don Lothario (that rhymed!) were chatting it up. You know... since my other sim Teddy ditched him. Rude!

03_08_16_8_11_06_PM.png

He wasn't part of the conversation but for some reason he was giving Mario the "death stare".

...eh..well..since that was going on I went back to Jackson and he apparently went home by himself

03_08_16_8_45_29_PM.png

I guess he was thinking that someone needed to make money and put food on the table! So painting he did~ (I think he's only like ..level 2?)

03_08_16_8_47_33_PM.png

He had that goofy look on his face cause he was bored. I guess he's not really the artsy type.. but he kinds of looks the part! Sooooooooooo~~ lol

03_08_16_8_48_21_PM.png

I think he created something that had to do with "Math" but since it's that..subject..I can't really give much insight on what we're looking at. xD

03_08_16_8_49_49_PM.png

So since I didn't understand the painting and i'm 100% sure he didn't either.. I decided to have him sale it. I mean that was the point. ;)

Annnnnd that's everything that happened! I was getting kind of tired so I stopped there. :) It was fun taking these casual photos instead of always modeling. Hope to post more soon. ^^bb

P.S - can I just say that I LOVEEE the facial expressions the sims make? It's so amusing! I find myself now playing on normal speed and trying to pay attention to the details. ><;; heh ~
  • FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    @taigoesrawr I actually love your sims, so I am so glad you posted this!