Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help, I have a household I can't load, it keeps causing my game to crash.

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
edited March 2016 in The Sims 2
I am attempting (for the first time in my whole time in playing TS2) to play a rotational style game play. Yesterday, I was playing the Goth family in Pleasantview, and everything was fine. Well today I tried (4 times) to load up the Goth household, and it causing my game to terminate. I decided on the fifth try to do another household, and it loaded up as it should, and I can play OK. Why is the Goth household giving me issues? What makes this a little bad for me, is the Goth household is my main family that I'm playing, even have Alexander a girlfriend who he is absolutely crazy about. I was planing on sending him to the university, and afterwards moving him back into the household (and yes surrounded by his long dearly parted family members, the ghost). Any ideas on why I'm all of a sudden having problems in playing the Goth family?

I just thought of something, in TS3 I can clear out certain files to fix things, can I remove certain files in TS2 to do the same thing? If they are, could you please let me know this also?

Comments

• Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    I can't remember the causes, but I can remember a way around it you may not like. Try moving them into the bin and into a new house (in the same hood).
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2016
    Now I really wished I had moved the family member to the cemetery now. Will that cause any problems because tombstones will get deleted?

I ended up moving out the family, but I did put in a placeholder sim (some random guy I created and placed in the household) to keep from deleting the ghost. I had another sim invite them to move in with them.

Thankyou kremesch73 for your suggestion.
    Post edited by LaBlue0314 on
  • Options
    kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    As long as you don't delete the lot, the tombstone should stay there. I've had scenarios where I'd moved sims out and later moved other sims into a lot where I forgot to take the tombstones and they were still there.

Better to be safe then sorry though. What you did should work fine and was a good idea.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5