Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I got ROBBED!!!!

LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
Everyone was sleeping soundly in their bed, when all of a sudden a guy broke into the house and robbed my family blind. I tried to get Darren to go to the phone to call the police, but he kept freaking out. When he finally called the police, the guy ran off. I had the walls down, so I couldn't tell what all he made off with, but it was a lot. Then to top it all off, Brandi's water broke, and she gave birth to their son.

11201856_571646232985676_7057313427989048269_n.jpg?oh=ac7ad6a00b1f9d04559af2c99c00fe41&oe=574DA57C

Normally I always put in an alarm system, but for some odd reason I completely forgot to do this. It's been a long time since this happened to me in a TS2 game, I forgot you can't have your sims do anything as far as stopping the guy themselves.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    Lol! Yes, it's harder. If you can get them to call before they see the burglar they usually will call. XD

Aw, nice family picture of the, strangely enough, bathroom births. :)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Never a dull moment! I'd forgotten that your sims were helpless when it came to burglars. (Note to self: install burglar alarms.)
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    If they have a car, it works better to have a car alarm installed. They go off while the burglar is outside. :)
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    If they have a car, it works better to have a car alarm installed. They go off while the burglar is outside. :)

They are too poor for a car. :( The boys are trying to help out, but they keep getting fired from their jobs.
  • Options
    Rflong7 wrote: »
    Lol! Yes, it's harder. If you can get them to call before they see the burglar they usually will call. XD

Aw, nice family picture of the, strangely enough, bathroom births. :)

I tried to get Darren out of bed, but he loves sleeping with his wife so much, he refused to get up.
  • Options
    taffy550taffy550 Posts: 666 Member
    Really like all your pics. Why is it that the burglar likes to steal the toilet from poor families with just one toilet? lol Besides the burglar alarm don't forget to add the sprinkler over the stove. It has saved many a sim and kitchen.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    What made this robbery worse than normal, was the guy is a friend of one of the household members. Who knows maybe that family member was involved, because when everyone was freaking out about it, he stayed in bed soundly asleep.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,903 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'm sorry. I laughed at this.
  • Options
    LadysimPlayer8LadysimPlayer8 Posts: 775 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    What made this robbery worse than normal, was the guy is a friend of one of the household members. Who knows maybe that family member was involved, because when everyone was freaking out about it, he stayed in bed soundly asleep.
    Household members will only wake up to the sound of the burglar alarm - which there wasn't one installed (buy mode is disabled when the burglar arrives).
    After a household member sees the burglar, the burglar is a memory (along with the burglary) and has a high friendship score (top line) but -100 (long term friendship) as well as being absolutely furious with them! My Sims usually want to see the ghost of this burglar! :)
    It is your call, should your Sim want to befriend the burglar; they could pretend to befriend them and then arrange to kill them when invited over to their home. :D