March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pets confirmed as a "not right now"

JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
So as I tuned in for a few minutes to watch a Sims 4 livestream on TeamCoco's YouTube channel, the representative from Conan's show asked the Guru with him if pets were coming to the Sims 4. His response was something along the lines of "it's definitely a popular EP for sure, but it's not being worked on right now."

So you can eliminate Pets as a possibility for at least the next couple of EPs.

Comments

• meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited March 2016
    KatyJay88 wrote: »
    So as I tuned in for a few minutes to watch a Sims 4 livestream on TeamCoco's YouTube channel, the representative from Conan's show asked the Guru with him if pets were coming to the Sims 4. His response was something along the lines of "it's definitely a popular EP for sure, but it's not being worked on right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7TNe3jzfTU
    @ 30:25
    Post edited by meeoun on
  • JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    So as I tuned in for a few minutes to watch a Sims 4 livestream on TeamCoco's YouTube channel, the representative from Conan's show asked the Guru with him if pets were coming to the Sims 4. His response was something along the lines of "it's definitely a popular EP for sure, but it's not being worked on right now.

Do you know at which point he references it? It's too long to watch the entire thing in one sitting haha.
    praises wrote: »
    To be honest, I'm not too disappointed with this. I'd much rather have a Generations, University, or Seasons EP than Pets.

Mm well yes and no. I know they're coming at SOME point and I want them to be done right, so I'm not too disappointed. But that being said, I hope they are at least starting them. They take months and months to do an EP.
    meeoun wrote: »

Do you know at which point he references it? It's too long to watch the entire thing in one sitting haha.

@ 30:25
    @meeoun thank you!!

No Problem!
    Thanks for letting us know. : )
    The stream is hilarious.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    This concerns me as usually pets and seasons start production near the first expansion pack..
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    Oh that's cool, I saw this video on sims vip but I didn't have time to watch the whole thing. I like the possibility of having pets on TS4, even though I would also prefer something like seasons or generations to happen before that.
    Thanks for sharing this video ;)
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Pets is one of those EPs that need to be done right. The gurus can take as much time as they need on it for all I care. The extra time they took for Get Together was worth it. :)
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
    This concerns me as usually pets and seasons start production near the first expansion pack..

Yeah I was thinking that too. But they can't actually speak about future content so I'm at least hoping they've start concept designing.
    Oh that's cool, I saw this video on sims vip but I didn't have time to watch the whole thing. I like the possibility of having pets on TS4, even though I would also prefer something like seasons or generations to happen before that.
    Thanks for sharing this video ;)

Any time! I was just lucky enough to catch those 10 minutes when they mentioned it haha. I would also like generations first. I know seasons and pets take a lot of time so I hope they take their time in perfecting those two EPs.
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    Pets is one of those EPs that need to be done right. The gurus can take as much time as they need on it for all I care. The extra time they took for Get Together was worth it. :)

Gold star for positivity!

goldstar.gif
  • kinot9229kinot9229 Posts: 528 Member
    To be honest, I'm not too disappointed with this. I'd much rather have a Generations, University, or Seasons EP than Pets.

I should agree with you.
    But I really want Pets coming into TS4 this year just because the Movie "The Secret Life of Pets". :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-80SGWfEjM

Can't help myself to promote this movie.
    Forgive me please!
    kinot9229 wrote: »

I should agree with you.
    But I really want Pets coming into TS4 this year just because the Movie "The Secret Life of Pets". :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-80SGWfEjM

Can't help myself to promote this movie.
    Forgive me please!

You know I'll be pushing over little kids to see that movie. I CAN'T WAIT.
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    I can barely understand what he is actually saying, since with the last part of the sentence the host or whatever is yelling right through it. (he did it the whole stream). He can also say something like: but right now it's not in or whatever.

I think it's a biased stream again, and the people streaming (aside from Grant) don't seem to have any experience with this game, so they like it and think it's so amazing and awesome. Gosh, even if they knew what this game is missing...

Also the whole mambo yambo about emotions again, emotions aren't as ''deep'' as they want to make people believe. I don't give a plum about ''angry poo'' or whatever. And traits? Traits do nothing in this game.

Yeah I wish I could hear what the Guru said there. Well that's just it. I do wish actions had more real world consequences than changing the emotional state of a sim.
  • CommanderKeenCommanderKeen Posts: 614 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »

How exactly, though, are you translating "not working on" into "taking extra time?"

That said, though, I say good riddance. I love my RL pets, but I always found Sim pets annoying.
  • rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    I can barely understand what he is actually saying, since with the last part of the sentence the host or whatever is yelling right through it. (he did it the whole stream). He can also say something like: but right now it's not in or whatever.

I think it's a biased stream again, and the people streaming (aside from Grant) don't seem to have any experience with this game, so they like it and think it's so amazing and awesome. Gosh, even if they knew what this game is missing...

Also the whole mambo yambo about emotions again, emotions aren't as ''deep'' as they want to make people believe. I don't give a plum about ''angry poo'' or whatever. And traits? Traits do nothing in this game.

Yeah I wish I could hear what the Guru said there. Well that's just it. I do wish actions had more real world consequences than changing the emotional state of a sim.

Exactly. And when it comes to traits, all Sims are basically the same. It doesn't matter which traits you pick, since it doesn't really have any effect on gameplay and behaviour, like it had in Sims 3.

I hope they will tweak this (like ever) but I'm not counting on anything.

It's also still very weird to me that we don't have a ''scared'' emotion in this game. I mean, come on, it's a pretty common emotion.

Exactly. And when it comes to traits, all Sims are basically the same. It doesn't matter which traits you pick, since it doesn't really have any effect on gameplay and behaviour, like it had in Sims 3.

I hope they will tweak this (like ever) but I'm not counting on anything.

It's also still very weird to me that we don't have a ''scared'' emotion in this game. I mean, come on, it's a pretty common emotion.

I would LOVE a scared emotion in this game!
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    Everything is confirmed as a not right now, they have not released any info on the third EP and won't for awhile. Even if pets were in the works that info would not be confirmed until such a pack is announced.
    Everything is confirmed as a not right now, they have not released any info on the third EP and won't for awhile. Even if pets were in the works that info would not be confirmed until such a pack is announced.

I know his wording is very thought out. But the fact that they're not working on them (according to him) tells me it's probably not going to be the either of the next two EPs considering how long they take.
    So they can confirm on pets but not toddlers? I'm sorry but this is just beyond aggravating.

Yeah it is frustrating. I wish they could just say if they're being worked on or they're not. Either way. It would end the speculation.
  • iamhectorsimsiamhectorsims Posts: 54 Member
    edited March 2016
    You can totally hear SimGuruGrant's uncertainty in his voice when he's asked about pets.
    Ignore my lame username. Thanksss
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    edited March 2016

I know his wording is very thought out. But the fact that they're not working on them (according to him) tells me it's probably not going to be the either of the next two EPs considering how long they take.
    So they can confirm on pets but not toddlers? I'm sorry but this is just beyond aggravating.

Yeah it is frustrating. I wish they could just say if they're being worked on or they're not. Either way. It would end the speculation.

I hope it's not. Pets is a definite fan fav (one of my faves too), but I am well beyond the point of considering that pack with the game lacking so many other things.

The Sims 4 has a long way to go before I make another large purchase. I remain skeptical on EP03, and might take a pass based on the first two packs.