Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Gone backwards.Just nuts.

1101112131416...Next

Comments

• Dylan.WalshDylan.Walsh Posts: 115 Member
    I have a super computer and I have all the games too. Unfortunately the game is boring after a few hours of playing. There is nothing interesting to do. By the end, I still one of those Sims 2 and 3 players.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    I have a super computer and I have all the games too. Unfortunately the game is boring after a few hours of playing. There is nothing interesting to do. By the end, I still one of those Sims 2 and 3 players.

OT - Is your avatar a 4 or 3 sim? I honestly cannot even tell.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »

Probably TS3.
    Adam's apples on TS4 sims are really subtle, and that beard looks like TS3.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member

I'm going to guess 3. Head's tilted. Nice looking sim though.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    I like some aspects of goal oriented play when they actually mean something to the gameplay (that is, they can change the story I'm telling for my sims).
    The aspirations system in TS2 was nice for those who liked goals, but they were more flexible. The wishes sims had were realistic enough. They woke up hungry and they wanted to eat cereal. Or they were on a date with someone and all their wishes were towards their date.
    I had a sims that wanted to open a business - and I thought, why not? Good idea! So I openned a business.
    Don't wanna fulfill any of their wishes? Next morning they'll change. I want to make them really miserable - jst go there and make their nightmares become true, they'll go bananas.

I hate aspirations and don't want them to get in my way - easy, just use testingcheats and freeze the aspiration level. There, no worries. No need to play their goals at all. Yes, the creators had a vision when they made them, so they are part of the oficial gameplay, but the there are tools inside the game itself that allow you to tweak the gameplay to suit you best.

It's difficult to make a simulation game, because there will always be little goals to guide the player through the gameplay features. But I think that sandbox simulation games should have goals to enhance the player experience, as to give him ideas to explore the game further, not to transform the game into a grinding/checklist fest. But yeah, it's hard to please everyone on these regards.

I'm still uneasy about the gigantic number of skills in TS4 (considering the game is still "young") :| because yes, they count as gameplay, but leveling up sims in abilities is quite boring. At least in TS2 they could learn some since they were kids and toddlers, so once they were adult they could be quite skilled already without much hassle.
    edited March 2016
    Hermai wrote: »
    I like some aspects of goal oriented play when they actually mean something to the gameplay (that is, they can change the story I'm telling for my sims).
    The aspirations system in TS2 was nice for those who liked goals, but they were more flexible. The wishes sims had were realistic enough. They woke up hungry and they wanted to eat cereal. Or they were on a date with someone and all their wishes were towards their date.
    I had a sims that wanted to open a business - and I thought, why not? Good idea! So I openned a business.
    Don't wanna fulfill any of their wishes? Next morning they'll change. I want to make them really miserable - jst go there and make their nightmares become true, they'll go bananas.

I hate aspirations and don't want them to get in my way - easy, just use testingcheats and freeze the aspiration level. There, no worries. No need to play their goals at all. Yes, the creators had a vision when they made them, so they are part of the oficial gameplay, but the there are tools inside the game itself that allow you to tweak the gameplay to suit you best.

It's difficult to make a simulation game, because there will always be little goals to guide the player through the gameplay features. But I think that sandbox simulation games should have goals to enhance the player experience, as to give him ideas to explore the game further, not to transform the game into a grinding/checklist fest. But yeah, it's hard to please everyone on these regards.

I'm still uneasy about the gigantic number of skills in TS4 (considering the game is still "young") :| because yes, they count as gameplay, but leveling up sims in abilities is quite boring. At least in TS2 they could learn some since they were kids and toddlers, so once they were adult they could be quite skilled already without much hassle.

Yeah. Near the end, I was just cheating their aspirations up in S4. The tasks were just not my cup of tea. I also did appreciate the wants and fears on some levels. Like you said. Sim wants to own a business or a vacation home? Why not? Now they want to own 10? No. Ignore with ease. I admit I rarely look at that panel though. Every now and then I'll glance at it and think, "oh? They want a baby? Sure. Why not?"

Whims to marry a spouse though? Come on! Put some bloody thought into it for Pete's sake!
  • agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    edited March 2016
    CK213 wrote: »
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    It's SimCity in the Sims. It's an awesome concept!

I have to admit I was never a SimCity fan. I have the 4th iteration, but it's only for building for S2. I got Societies when it came out and it was turned into a lovely clock. Yeah. I know. Societies isn't really the same thing... But I have a nice shiny clock.

I even tried Skylines. I admit it's well done, but it's just not my cup of tea. It is a good casual game from time to time though. Other than the fact that I yell at it like an old lady with turrets.

LOL! Me neither. I was just hyping things up a bit :joy:

I do own SimCity 4, but I've never played it. I use it to edit the .sc4's for Sims 2 when I world build.

I genuinely do crazyfanmodelove like idea of this pack (as a GP) All my sims games have had a single mayor (who is married to a single minister of education), and a single chief of police (who is best friends with the mayor, and who I have to use a level locking hack to keep that Captain Hero nonsense out of my game...
    campaign_office.jpg
    ground_floor_plan_preview.jpg

As you can see, I already play a version of "Town Hall" in my game. If it were possible to have EA make an official DLC for this purpose, I'd totally be in heaven, because I'm sure you know how friggin' long it takes to make custom content for a single theme! If EAs willing to do it (and add playable objects) for one of my favourite in-game themes, I'm all for it.

Now we just need a teacher theme now (although there could be two active careers in that one pack... or three: self-employment :flushed:)

That is marvelous!

I do this for most of the careers, too, plus some custom careers. I use the career rewards in those lots, too, so my sims must go to "work" to use those objects. I've had a working business center, hospital and laboratory, police station (with criminals from my town being put in jail), government offices, functioning schools, a church that uses the podium to give sermons, sports arena, restaurants, a military base with housing for the troops (they live there for free), a criminal hideout or warehouse. I know I'm forgetting something, but off the top of my head, I know I have this stuff. Ha...I even have a drug dealer house where he sells the hydroponic plants out of his basement.

I did this in The Sims 2 as well.
    When I found out the Sims 3 would have a city hall, I wanted one for my TS2 sims. I used a skilling on community lots mod and a visitor mod that determined which sims could visit a lot: Age, gender, careers, etc.
    snapshot_b58d4260_35f7f645.jpg

snapshot_b58d4260_b5f7fa1f.jpg

snapshot_b58d4260_95f8fe7d.jpg

snapshot_75f9fda9_55f9fdab-1.jpg

snapshot_75f9fda9_55f9ffb7.jpg

snapshot_b58d4260_55f90cfe.jpg

snapshot_b58d4260_f5f90a2b.jpg

I also made a community lot just for teens and I made a science lab.
    snapshot_559f33ca_162587f3.jpg

snapshot_b5929fe6_d668f94e.jpg

snapshot_559f33ca_d6258bab.jpg

snapshot_b656bceb_b6692e3a.jpg

snapshot_d5c93980_1619df19.jpg

snapshot_0000000e_36178454.jpg

snapshot_d5c93980_1619ddeb.jpg

snapshot_d5c93980_1619dba2.jpg

snapshot_d5c93980_3619dbef.jpg

snapshot_d5c93980_d619137a.jpg

This made The Sims 2 so much more enjoyable.
    We were definitely ahead of our time as far as Sims game play goes. :)

I'll never understand how sims 2 sims were that good looking but sims 3 sims turned out the way they did. I ADORE TS3 and still play it, but it seems no amount of CC can fix the pudding faces lol- who OK'd that art style?!! Who drew those sims????? Was it a big joke? These are questions we'll never get the answers to...

P.S. I forgot to mention how much I love what you did, it's so awesome. TS2 was way too versatile for its time! I haven't played any sims at all for months, seeing what you did makes me what to play again! My fav thing about TS2 was probably the fact that the career and aspiration rewards were unique objects that added new gameplay.. like the cowplant! I wish they made it that way again in TS4, rather than just have career rewards be reskins of objects already in the game.
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    CC and adjusting the sliders sure can fix the pudding. None of my TS3 sims looked like pudding unless I didn't care about them and didn't mess with the sliders. And I only used a default replacement skin.

But it is true, TS2 was just way ahead of its time and so ambitious. I really can't believe how much thought went into that game. I just wish they'd take TS2 and make the graphics better and resell it. I'd buy the whole set for $1000 like right now!
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    CC and adjusting the sliders sure can fix the pudding. None of my TS3 sims looked like pudding unless I didn't care about them and didn't mess with the sliders. And I only used a default replacement skin.

But it is true, TS2 was just way ahead of its time and so ambitious. I really can't believe how much thought went into that game. I just wish they'd take TS2 and make the graphics better and resell it. I'd buy the whole set for $1000 like right now!

Then that's at least $2000 that they'd make. :+1:

#TS2v2.0
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I like the fact the sims talk to each other, show expressions even, and stay sitted in the pictures - instead of hopping all over the place like they are sitting on fire ants. What a difference. Seems they had multi-tasking down without calling it multi-tasking 10 years ago.

They stand in line all proper like - and even walk down the halls and stop to chat with other Sims.

Tell me again - and please convince me somebody why it is we lost all we lost in Sims 4 for all this multi-tasking and sims feeling more lively and realistic. Sure looks like they had all that just fine in these pictures - which were not staged but pictures taken during active play even. Great pics.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

#TS2v2.0

$3000. :|
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    I like the fact the sims talk to each other, show expressions even, and stay sitted in the pictures - instead of hopping all over the place like they are sitting on fire ants. What a difference. Seems they had multi-tasking down without calling it multi-tasking 10 years ago.

They stand in line all proper like - and even walk down the halls and stop to chat with other Sims.

Tell me again - and please convince me somebody why it is we lost all we lost in Sims 4 for all this multi-tasking and sims feeling more lively and realistic. Sure looks like they had all that just fine in these pictures - which were not staged but pictures taken during active play even. Great pics.

Apparently we didn't need imagination to play back then :\
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Apparently we didn't need imagination to play back then :\

For sure!!!! LOL.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• HermaiHermai Posts: 366 Member
    meeoun wrote: »

#TS2v2.0

$4000

Can you imagine? The improvements in CAS and customisation + improvements in building tools + TS2 gameplay
    That's what TS4 should've been, as they chose to go back to the closed world.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member

#TS2v2.0

$4000

Can you imagine? The improvements in CAS and customisation + improvements in building tools + TS2 gameplay

I will never understand why it wasn't. They pretty much sold it this way. :unamused: Such a waste with such pretty pretty sims.
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,168 Member

#TS2v2.0

$4000

$5000 - and all I would want added extra is a color wheel. I would be in 7th heaven :0
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member

#TS2v2.0

$4000

Right?
    Let me tell you about something else that would've be awesome-tastic for the Sims 4.
    C.A.R.P.O.O.L.S
    Remember those?
    Gee.