Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Asylum Challenge

Comments

• simplydawnsimplydawn Posts: 181 Member
    MocaJava wrote: »
    Ok I had to share this. One of my crazies has the new klepto trait and every day he steals something from work. Usually it's just dirty dishes for some reason but occasionally he'll bring a book home. The titles of the books: 'How I Left Your Father' and 'The Frequently Ending Story' :D

@simswithcheese question, can we call the repair man on easy level?

I've gotten those and also fruit!
  • OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    I'm doing this challenge now on hard mode and loving it! My sim Kim has completed 1/4 aspirations. Amongst the other residents there is lazy Tom and bodybuilder Johnny. Tom keeps stealing my food when I try to pour it from the frying pan to my plate - he's so quick Kim doesn't get to pick up her plate and start eating her food!

The most hilarious thing happened yesterday, though: Johnny spent some hours standing in front of the refridgerator, when suddenly I got a notification he was dying of starvation! I panicked and begged for the Reaper to send him back to me (I don't know if I'm allowed to do that?). Even though Kim's not the best of friends with Johnny, he got to live once again.

I think the other residents kind of hate each other, though. It seems Johnny is always starting fights.

I'll post pictures when I become a member. This challenge is so much fun! (Also I want to show off the asylum I built.)
    > @Fizzstix said:
    > DeeSanKey wrote: »
    >
    > This is the first time I have been on the sims forums since the sims 2 was the biggest thing out, and am excited to start this challenge!
    >
    > I will probably end up documenting the challenge through a video series, haven't decided yet.
    >
    > Is there like a losing point though? Like if somebody dies, you lose the challenge or something?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As far as I know, there are no penalties for anyone dying. If that was the case, I would have lost points twice. 2 of my roommates died in the pool. Apparently they weren't wise enough to get out when they were tired.

@Fizzstix @DeeSanKey The main post states there's -20 points for every resident dying.
    I finally finished the challenge!

Playing on hard mode, my total score was:
    • 4 aspirations completed: 200 points
    • Skill points: 352 points
    • Satisfaction points: 31 points
    • No sims died
    • 4 fire were started: -80 points
    • No bills were forgotten
    Total: 503 points

I did the painter extraordinaire aspiration, both foods aspirations, and the nerd brain aspiration.

Here's my residents:

Asylum%20challenge_zpsc3kx8b7c.jpg

And here's their asylum.

01.03.2016_22-30-01_zpsngbcaepl.png

Kim managed to get friendly with the other residents, but Tom hated Linda, Anita, Tor, and Johnny. No wonder he hated Johnny, though: Johnny got involved in 3 fights. I was kind of disapponted there were no romances, even though I gave several of them the romantic trait. Other than that, this was undoubtedly the most entertaining challenge I have ever done. Next one up: The Kleptomaniac Challenge.
  • FizzstixFizzstix Posts: 990 Member
    > @Fizzstix said:
    > DeeSanKey wrote: »
    >
    > This is the first time I have been on the sims forums since the sims 2 was the biggest thing out, and am excited to start this challenge!
    >
    > I will probably end up documenting the challenge through a video series, haven't decided yet.
    >
    > Is there like a losing point though? Like if somebody dies, you lose the challenge or something?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > As far as I know, there are no penalties for anyone dying. If that was the case, I would have lost points twice. 2 of my roommates died in the pool. Apparently they weren't wise enough to get out when they were tired.

@Fizzstix @DeeSanKey The main post states there's -20 points for every resident dying.

Ahhh.. Okay. I played on the easy level and didn't keep score, since it was optional.
    @Fizzstix I just love points and badges and achievements :P
    @Fizzstix I just love points and badges and achievements :P

I hear ya... I think I will retry this challenge (after I have completed the drifter challenge), on a different level and see if I can keep score too. :)
    edited March 2016
    Confirmation question before I get my hopes up - Does the Grilled Cheese Aspiration count toward completion of three aspirations (medium difficulty)?

Edit: Didn't realize part of the GC Aspiration was having to eat a grilled cheese in space. Is she allowed to buy/build a rocket in this challenge?
    Post edited by simplydawn on
    @dawnderee part of the nerd brain aspiration is to build a space rocket. Problem with eating grilled cheese in space is, you kind of have to take the whole asylum with you if you want to visit other lots. I'm not sure how to interpret the rules in this case, since the challenge was made before the GC aspiration was added into game. Also, I'm not the challenge maker, and he doesn't seem to be active on this post anymore. I guess you just have to figure out a solution for that one, though building a rocket takes some time and adds up to the difficulty, and if eating grilled cheese is the only thing you're doing in space, I'd just go for it. Just remember a space rocket counts as 1 skill building item.
    Aubree has successfully earned her independence and moved out of Hope House! I played on medium difficulty.

I didn't really keep "score" but here's some info:

+50: per aspiration completed - she completed Renaissance Sim, Painter Extraordinaire and Nerd Brain (in that order). I tried to do Grilled Cheese (still trying, actually) but I can't get the Eat Grilled Cheese in space option to pop up as an option on the rocket and I haven't seen the Grim Reaper in my game in a few months. We'll keep trying...

+1: per skill point any of the 8 Sims have at the end. Only living Sims count - I was too lazy to calculate this lol

+1: per 1000 Satisfaction points every Sim has - Aubree had 2,245; combined household had 31,210.

-20: per Sim that died - all are alive and un-well!

-20: per fire which has occurred - only one...on the first day!

-20: per day when the power and water is shut off. (E.g. Power and Water shut off for 2 days =-40 points) - never had any utilities cut off.

Noteworthy:
    - I had Aubree prepare group meals often and for awhile she was the home's only cook and repairperson. Non-played Sims (hereafter, The Others) only cooked single meals and repaired nothing. Aubree was very, very busy - and tired - early on and I was worried she would be the one who died. Thankfully, The Others did help with cleaning.
    - This group was abducted by aliens A LOT and I'm still surprised that no pregnancies resulted.
    - My Sims fought a lot (the in-a-cloud-of-dust kind) but this seemed to be managed by taking occasional "day trips" to the gym, park, library, etc. on Aubree's days off during the allowable travel period. I don't think you can do this on the hardest difficulty, though.
    - NONE of The Others used the workbench, gardened (after Aubree planted), played guitar, painted or repaired things autonomously; they did all use the yoga mat, computer and chess table. Just something you may wish to consider when choosing skill objects if you're thinking about starting this challenge.
    - This was a very fun challenge but I did find myself getting bored when Aubree was asleep or at work and I couldn't play The Others. This resulted in the tiniest bit of cheating - for research purposes - but nothing that kept The Others alive. I assigned a few of them skill-related tasks based on their aspirations (painting, gardening, programming) to see if they would continue on their own once started or suggested. The only one that really took hold was painting. All The Others really wanted to do was dance...
    - When I moved Aubree out, The Others got to keep all of her stuff and her money, despite having put her personal items (easels, for example) in the household inventory. I should have expected this, but I guess I did not. So in her new home, I had to motherlode her up and buy all of her earned (through work) items over again. I let The Others keep her money but sold items specific to Aubree and then switched The Others to an unplayed household.
    - You can find my starter asylum and Sims - Hope House and the Hope House Collective - in the gallery.

Best of all - this challenge taught me that the Insane trait did not need to be avoided and that the Kleptomaniac trait is absolutely fantastic!

Happy Simming! B)

Ompabop wrote: »
    @dawnderee part of the nerd brain aspiration is to build a space rocket. Problem with eating grilled cheese in space is, you kind of have to take the whole asylum with you if you want to visit other lots. I'm not sure how to interpret the rules in this case, since the challenge was made before the GC aspiration was added into game. Also, I'm not the challenge maker, and he doesn't seem to be active on this post anymore. I guess you just have to figure out a solution for that one, though building a rocket takes some time and adds up to the difficulty, and if eating grilled cheese is the only thing you're doing in space, I'd just go for it. Just remember a space rocket counts as 1 skill building item.

Thank you. I did end up nixing the GC aspiration for the challenge and going for something else. Going to keep trying now that she's on her own.
    @dawnderee Your asylum challenge sounded like a lot of fun! I should make a Life after the Asylum thread so people can share their sim's stories when they finally get out of the asylum.
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    The Asylum is quite gloomy following Zuri's death. :(
    https://youtu.be/I0eX9FcJSiA
  • Eidolon23Eidolon23 Posts: 175 Member
    why did it change to 2 double beds? It used to be 4 singles. No sim in the group will even take a nap beside someone who is already napping or sleeping in the bed. Was this to make it more difficult?
    "The worst thing you can do is tame the chaos in you. It is like being told not to feel when you are thrown in the fire." R. M. Drake
  • niecee4niecee4 Posts: 86 Member
    Eidolon23 wrote: »
    why did it change to 2 double beds? It used to be 4 singles. No sim in the group will even take a nap beside someone who is already napping or sleeping in the bed. Was this to make it more difficult?

I didn't know the rules changed. I'm still going by the original rules lol and I'm sure it's just to make it harder. I know there's different levels for difficulty.
  • Eidolon23Eidolon23 Posts: 175 Member
    edited March 2016
    I think it is 3 skills??? Would be impossible to finish 3 aspirations in that time limit, wouldn't it? I saw rules with milestones, then skills, then aspirations. I have done 2 skills and am in overtime lol. Now trying for the third on this time (I already finished it once in a bigger asylum looking house without the guidelines that you had to build from your budget until you have $10. Actually had more deaths then, usually from embarrassment.) Not really keeping score, but they have been pretty happy, but then I have 4 single beds instead of 2 double beds like the newer rules I have read state.

Enjoyed this one, of course I like crazy people anyways.
    "The worst thing you can do is tame the chaos in you. It is like being told not to feel when you are thrown in the fire." R. M. Drake
  • DeannacarverDeannacarver Posts: 119 Member
    what happens if the sim your playing dies :( can you have one of the others plead for her?
    what happens if the sim your playing dies :( can you have one of the others plead for her?

I imagine since you aren't allowed to play the other housemates, you wouldn't be allowed to plead for your main sim. Thus, your sim dies and the challenge is lost.
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    so so sad
    Laugh out loud. Often
    aw :( i have played this challange a few times to the end and for some reason this time around it is like i am jinxed! have had 2 fires,others it shows on notifications they doing poorly at work and then sim dies :/
  • ToblieToblie Posts: 3,099 Member
    ok I finally finished. No pics. Just my score 448.
    No fires, deaths or forgetting bills. So all my sims are free. and now on to the romance.
  • UniSlothUniSloth Posts: 32 Member
    I'm excited to try this! Will be doing so today!
  • LissykinLissykin Posts: 2,789 Member
    Thank you so much for sharing the updated rules for this challenge. I found it so intriguing that this week I've written my SimsVIP Gallery Spotlight about different asylums at different challenge levels. They're each in the Gallery, and I've made sure they're cc free. Thanks again! :)

3f357d6aa4846aac95ffaf497999d39f.jpg
    Click the image to read the SimsVIP post. :)
  • CambooCamboo Posts: 2 New Member
    my sims needs the woodworking table, can i buy one? i only have 4 skill objects
    @Camboo said:
    > my sims needs the woodworking table, can i buy one? i only have 4 skill objects

as long as it is 5 skills u can pick any 5 you want :)