Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Hi @Everyone,

My answer to today's coffee/tea question is simple, I don't drink but used to turn the coffee maker on for my parents and Mom takes the tea bag out of her teapot after 3 minutes.

Now for today's update with Brittani, cameos include the following:

@Simslover163, @RebornMonster, @Julyvee94's Baato, @CitizenErased14, @aroseinbloom, @Jes2G, @Sabreene, @SilentWolf101, @MsPrissySim, @SummerFalls, and @kittycatali'🐸🐸🐸🐸 Neko, , and @Ra3rei's hubby Frederico

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/2016/03/06/hoosier-highlanders-gen-2-with-brittani-ruelle/

@Munterbacon: Brittani wrote her update in your honor! Happy Birthday!

Enjoy!

i was just thinking about you. i was looking at the front page and don't know which story my sim is in. im trying to read all the stories on the front page.
  • MikiMiki Posts: 1,692 Member
    edited March 2016
    Comment Edited-Out.

I missed something along the way story-wise comment I just deleted-- to make zero sense.

Nothing To See Here, Move Along

^_^
    Post edited by Miki on
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    @friendsfan367 : Your Simself is now part of Celtic Heritage and married to Barrett Sims whose story can be found on my Campfire Stories page here:

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/2016/02/18/celtic-heritage-generation-6-celtic-countdown/

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/2016/02/27/celtic-heritage-generation-6-celtic-countdown-2/

You can find his parents' story in Storytime with Silver under Celtic Heritage.

https://silverslegacydiaries.wordpress.com/category/gen-5-celtic-comedian/

Barrett & Tamara got married after I made all of my households inactive except for the legacy family I'm playing. Will be visiting sometime next week.

Was notified of their marriage during the routine Controller updates.

• RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    edited March 2016
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @Rinellie: I'm with everyone else on #2 being the best option. The other one has flatter colors for that graphic novel feel, but it washes out all defining detail in the picture. Balance is key. ;)

@InfraGreen You put it in words! I felt the same way as @eXokamikaze , thinking the first one looked more like a graphic novel but that the second one looked better. I get why now, thanks to you :lol: All right, since this seems to be the consensus, second method it is.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited March 2016
    Rinellie wrote: »
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @Rinellie: I'm with everyone else on #2 being the best option. The other one has flatter colors for that graphic novel feel, but it washes out all defining detail in the picture. Balance is key. ;)

@InfraGreen You put it in words! I felt the same way as @eXokamikaze , thinking the first one looked more like a graphic novel but that the second one looked better. I get why now, thanks to you :lol: All right, since this seems to be the consensus, second method it is.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Am I super out of line to say that they look exactly the same to me? I couldn't tell the difference. *sweats* Maybe it's because I'm on my phone...

Edit: it IS because I'm on my phone. I saved them both so I could look side by side and I see now. I also like #2, lol
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Happy timezones all! My next chapter for Tails of ninjapig & the Foodie Five is out now!

Episode 2: An Unwilling Villain
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Happy timezones all! My next chapter for Tails of ninjapig & the Foodie Five is out now!

OH MY GOD @Munterbacon You are my favorite human being.
    snvAF3B.png
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    I can't get the pose to save and to import it into Sims 4 studio
    6adMCGP.gif
  • iveretreeiveretree Posts: 13 New Member
    > @CitizenErased14 said:
    > Munterbacon wrote: »
    >
    > Happy timezones all! My next chapter for Tails of ninjapig & the Foodie Five is out now!
    >
    > Episode 2: An Unwilling Villain
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OH MY GOD @Munterbacon You are my favorite human being.

What. I am not sure what I just read (poor Lucas), but I think I liked it XD
  • xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    Hello people!

I was told to post here.

I started a series I think y'all would be interested in but unfortunately at this moment i can't post links.

I already have two episodes out, I should be working on the next episode shortly.

It's a mystery story, with drama, romance, some humor and death death death in it.

The best way I described it would be One Tree Hill meets Scream meets Pretty Little Liars
    meets Days Of Our Lives? Lol. Or any kind of drama series focusing on a small town.
    But just with horrible murders, hahah.

OH MY GOD @Munterbacon You are my favorite human being.

Bahaha! Priceless! :D
    iveretree wrote: »
    > @CitizenErased14 said:
    > Munterbacon wrote: »
    >
    > Happy timezones all! My next chapter for Tails of ninjapig & the Foodie Five is out now!
    >
    > Episode 2: An Unwilling Villain
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > OH MY GOD @Munterbacon You are my favorite human being.

What. I am not sure what I just read (poor Lucas), but I think I liked it XD

Mwahahaha! >:)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    *crawls into the lounge* Well, I just devoted most of my day to this, but I finally finished my second short story for class! It doesn't feels o short though. :D I cut it short (going for an ambiguous ending rather than the ending I had planned) and it's still 4500 words. :D
  • iveretreeiveretree Posts: 13 New Member
    > @JoieWilder said:
    > *crawls into the lounge* Well, I just devoted most of my day to this, but I finally finished my second short story for class! It doesn't feels o short though. :D I cut it short (going for an ambiguous ending rather than the ending I had planned) and it's still 4500 words. :D

I had that problem when I was in your position too haha XD My stories would end up being too long and I would have to cut it down so it didn't become a fully fledged novel.

On that topic, I haven't really written for a while, and today I went back to the story I've been writing and read the last little bit to refresh my memory, and now I'm feeling really discouraged haha. It was baaaad.
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    xMike_Bx wrote: »
    Hello people!

I was told to post here.

I started a series I think y'all would be interested in but unfortunately at this moment i can't post links.

I already have two episodes out, I should be working on the next episode shortly.

It's a mystery story, with drama, romance, some humor and death death death in it.

The best way I described it would be One Tree Hill meets Scream meets Pretty Little Liars
    meets Days Of Our Lives? Lol. Or any kind of drama series focusing on a small town.

Welcome to our Lounge! Your story sounds awesome! Everyone likes a drama and a whodunit story! :)

I believe there's a way to post links even without member status...I'm sure that someone here knows how to, even though I don't!

*hands you a cupcake* Feel free to drop by and chat any time! :) Glad to see a new face.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Rinellie wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not too specific with my tea (hardly drink coffee), but has anyone ever had crysanthemum(sp???) tea before? I swear it's the best tea I've ever had. Yummmmmm <3

I LOVE chrysanthemum tea! I adore it! I would like to drink Jasmine tea, but it turns my stomach. :( And I also am a little bit allergic to chamomile tea (alas).

I don't do tisanes much--though sometimes in the hot summer, I ramble through the garden, snipping rosemary, thyme, lemon thyme, and lemon grass and make a yummy summer tisane!

I too am allergic to Chamomile .. sniff .. I will have to try chrysanthemum tea .. that is new for me.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    CathyTea wrote: »
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I got my 4th blog up .. I am so happy I could not have done it with out your help ... esp @Munterbacon, @SilentWolf101 and @CathyTea TY so very much!

My blog strategy is to keep it short and sweet .. everyone is busy and perhaps it is best to leave the readers wanting a bit more. I am a nube to blogging but how does this sit with seasoned bloggers?

#lisasinsaneasylumchallenge

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/
    I got your blog added to the index on our first page!

It's such a fun start! I love all those wild characters!

OH TY @CathyTea

thanks%20smile%20dog_zpsasxdysrv.jpg[/img]
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Happy Timezones!!

I amused myself the other day because picmonkey got a new effect called Mirror Image. So, I took a pic from my short story and played around with it. *snicker* Sometimes I'm far too easily amused. ;)

25537929015_0f59e71cf9_b.jpg

@lovesstorms .. very cool pic
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Hello people!

I was told to post here.

Welcome .. I am very new too and I have found a lovely group here who has tolerated my endless questions and problems :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • xMike_BxxMike_Bx Posts: 222 Member
    Hi!

I'll try to post the link to my story site, but i got to be clever... let's see, hmm..

h t t p s : // murdervalleysims(dot)wordpress(dot)com

Maybe that way? Lemme know, yea?

And if you read my two episodes so far, feedback/comment/suggestions.

I'd love to hear from you all!

I just started working on season 1 episode 3.
    =)
    Hi!

I'll try to post the link to my story site, but i got to be clever... let's see, hmm..

h t t p s : // murdervalleysims(dot)wordpress(dot)com

Maybe that way? Lemme know, yea?

And if you read my two episodes so far, feedback/comment/suggestions.

I'd love to hear from you all!

I just started working on season 1 episode 3.
    =)

Here's the link for everyone: https://murdervalleysims.wordpress.com/

Awesome start @xMike_Bx ! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Yay! You made it @xMike_Bx! I'm glad you were able to come join us and share with everyone your new story. I know they'll love it like I did. :smiley: Soon you'll be a member and posting will be easier.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member
    Morning all! :)

Oh, more murder stories!! Love it <3
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• Spottydog714Spottydog714 Posts: 2,518 Member
    Happy Timezones everyone! How are you all?
    Hello people!

I was told to post here.

Welcome! Just post the link without the http I've been beaten to it! Hi! *Hands over some brownies* *Then offers some to everyone else*
    Welcome! I'll check your story out, and seeing as I'm doing a mystery/romance at the moment, maybe I can learn something!

Also, for all of you WordPress people, do you know how the reader works?
    EkpFDaf.png
    Stories: Looking For Mum's Murderer | The Bachelorette | Fifteen
  • Nory_05Nory_05 Posts: 355 Member

Also, for all of you WordPress people, do you know how the reader works?

I'm not sure of all the functions, but when i start following a blog, all the new posts appear there, so if i look there i'll know who posted recently. Although i'm pretty bad at it, and nearly never check... :blush:
    My sim stories:
    Regrets (Finished)
    Abbie's Diary (Finished)
    Mistakes

• RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    Hello, everyone! My brain is temporarily kind of fried from having to do a hundred things at a short notice, but for the next week I'm hoping for some more free time. But I did still get the next chapter for The Fey of Life done, and then forgot to mention it on this forum. Oops. Like I said... too many things to think about at once. So... uh... enjoy!

Chapter 16: Mother
    screenshot-147.jpg?w=676
    Rem looked down, embarrassment mixing with sadness on his face.
    “She hung up on me,” he said very quietly, “I told her who I was, and she became angry. Said that dad had promised not to butt into her life.”

“And… after all that, you still want to talk to her?” I asked, even though I knew what the answer was going to be.

“Yes. I have to go there.”

Have a great day!
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top