Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Meggles wrote: »
    Rinellie wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not too specific with my tea (hardly drink coffee), but has anyone ever had crysanthemum(sp???) tea before? I swear it's the best tea I've ever had. Yummmmmm <3

*waves arms excitedly*

I have enjoyed chrysanthemum tea!!! Add a clump of rock sugar and I'm happy. I have a stash of ginseng tea. It makes your throat all tingly and, apparently, tastes like licorice.

why do y0u you put rock in your tea? i think i know what you mean but you keep making me laugh so i keep picking on you.

Too bad we don't have LOL anymore!!! I'd be rollin' in LOLs!!!

i miss it too.
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    I had chrysanthemum tea, as well as jasmine tea!! Those two teas are my favorite!! :)
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I LOVE chrysanthemum tea! I adore it! I would like to drink Jasmine tea, but it turns my stomach. :( And I also am a little bit allergic to chamomile tea (alas).

I don't do tisanes much--though sometimes in the hot summer, I ramble through the garden, snipping rosemary, thyme, lemon thyme, and lemon grass and make a yummy summer tisane!
    *waves arms excitedly*

I have enjoyed chrysanthemum tea!!! Add a clump of rock sugar and I'm happy. I have a stash of ginseng tea. It makes your throat all tingly and, apparently, tastes like licorice.

You all sound so knowledgeable about tea! I have to admit I'm pretty ignorant :lol:

But there's this place I go to with some of my friends--I don't know what to call it, maybe like a recreational bar or something? Anyway, it's basically a place with a bunch of pool tables and then these separate rooms with automatic mahjong tables, where you can buy certain foods and drinks or whatever. My friends and I go there to play mahjong and drink their delicious chrysanthemum tea <3 I'm getting dreamy just thinking of it.
  • iveretreeiveretree Posts: 13 New Member
    And then there's me and I just drink English Breakfast tea from a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. You all are so adventurous!
    > @iveretree said:
    > And then there's me and I just drink English Breakfast tea from a bag. You all are so adventurous!

O.o

Plum?
    iveretree wrote: »
    > @iveretree said:
    > And then there's me and I just drink English Breakfast tea from a bag. You all are so adventurous!

O.o

Plum?

LOL The site censored the word bag? Bahahahaha. This site sometimes.
    > @Rinellie said:
    > iveretree wrote: »
    >
    > > @iveretree said:
    > > And then there's me and I just drink English Breakfast tea from a bag. You all are so adventurous!
    >
    > O.o
    >
    > Plum?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > LOL The site censored the word bag? Bahahahaha. This site sometimes.

I think it was tea-bag actually, I edited the quote to see if it would work XD I really do not understand haha
    Hey! Wondering if I could ask for some opinions here. I'm trying to edit some pictures to look like they're in a graphic novel. I don't want the images to just look like stylized Sims pictures, but I also don't want them to look over-edited.

Right now, I've got two methods I'm deciding between. Could you guys tell me which method you think looks better? Or if you think neither of them are great, you can tell me that too. I'm still working on it :)

The differences aren't quite as easy to see when the pictures are smaller, so I'm going to link to them instead of uploading them here.

Method One
    Method Two
  • eXokamikazeeXokamikaze Posts: 3,870 Member
    edited March 2016
    Hmm, I'm not too specific with my tea (hardly drink coffee), but has anyone ever had crysanthemum(sp???) tea before? I swear it's the best tea I've ever had. Yummmmmm <3

YES. My mum makes a pot on really hot days - it helps to cool the body down, apparently. I love it. And I also like the ones that come in a packet that you can put in the fridge to get cold. Also great on a hot day, although I'm not sure whether that constitutes proper tea.

I love Chinese tea and green tea when we go to Chinese restaurants/Japanese restaurants and drink a lot of them as is (no sugar)!

Otherwise, I use teabags mostly and add two spoonfuls of sugar and quite a generous helping of milk to my tea. My favourite is Earl Grey, which can stand on its own without milk, methinks! :) (But I like to add sugar nevertheless).

Has anyone tried tea from the Bluebird Tea Co.? It's a UK based shop and I've sent some to ninjaboar. It's too expensive to ship to me though. He says it's delicious so I might as well recommend it to you guys too! :)

Thanks for the question, @SummerFalls! It's been really interesting reading about everyone's preferences.

*ninjapig runs past with a chocolate date raisin cookie in her mouth* ...thanks, @CathyTea? :D
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    That moment when CAS Random gets it absolutely right!

themedbartender.png
    This is the bartender inside the Triumphale Arch Lounge in my ninjapig world! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    @Rinellie I like the second one, but I don't claim to be an expert on graphic novels. I'd say of the two the first looks more over-edited :)
    edited March 2016
    iveretree wrote: »
    I think it was tea-bag actually, I edited the quote to see if it would work XD I really do not understand haha

Ahhh, that makes a bit more sense. Tea-bag is slang for something sort of s.e.x.ual :tongue:
    YES. My mum makes a pot on really hot days - it helps to cool the body down, apparently. I love it.

I hear a lot about this cooling down/heating up the body thing in China when you eat or drink certain things! I can't claim to understand it though lol. My Chinese coworkers will always tell me to eat this or that if I'm feeling a certain way... It's so foreign to me! :lol:
    @Rinellie I prefer the 2nd picture, but I think the 1st picture looks more like it could be from a graphic novel. :D I'm sorry if that doesn't help you!

@Munterbacon Haha awesome! And she's gorgeous too! Makes for a great Joan of Arc. ;)
    Hey! Wondering if I could ask for some opinions here. I'm trying to edit some pictures to look like they're in a graphic novel. I don't want the images to just look like stylized Sims pictures, but I also don't want them to look over-edited.

Right now, I've got two methods I'm deciding between. Could you guys tell me which method you think looks better? Or if you think neither of them are great, you can tell me that too. I'm still working on it :)

The differences aren't quite as easy to see when the pictures are smaller, so I'm going to link to them instead of uploading them here.

Method One
    Method Two

I like Method Two the best! :)
    dustshaela.jpg
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    That moment when CAS Random gets it absolutely right!
    themedbartender.png
    This is the bartender inside the Triumphale Arch Lounge in my ninjapig world! :D

That's incredible! Doesn't hurt that she's a babe, am I right?
    @Munterbacon Haha awesome! And she's gorgeous too! Makes for a great Joan of Arc. ;)

She is! I'm totally saving her for later BoredomCutification! :D
    That's incredible! Doesn't hurt that she's a babe, am I right?

Total babe! You are spot on! :love:

dustshaela.jpg
    edited March 2016
    I hear a lot about this cooling down/heating up the body thing in China when you eat or drink certain things! I can't claim to understand it though lol. My Chinese coworkers will always tell me to eat this or that if I'm feeling a certain way... It's so foreign to me! :lol:

Haha I'm not an expert on the Chinese beliefs of cooling or heating properties of food or drink (that's more my mother and grandmother's department)! But I find that the advice does really help you to take care of your body better, and without having to take more intrusive medication/supplements - natural remedies are the best, after all. It's all about the balance in Chinese food - we like to balance 'hot-cold', 'sweet-sour-spicy', etc. for a harmonious union in the body. :)

:D I feel all zen now. :D

ETA: I found these charts for more info!
    1. With a cute pig and an explanation
    2. Without a cute pig and no explanation
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    I just have one kind of very curious question it started with this week's book club reading and now it happened in Dust to Dust Legacy of @CitizenErased14 How in the world are the simmers showing empty baby bassinets when babies are objects?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member

Method One
    Method Two

Two
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member

Method One
    Method Two

Method Two is the best!! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)
  • JoieWilderJoieWilder Posts: 2,513 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I just have one kind of very curious question it started with this week's book club reading and now it happened in Dust to Dust Legacy of @CitizenErased14 How in the world are the simmers showing empty baby bassinets when babies are objects?

Buy another bassinet.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »

Buy another bassinet.

ah..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    JoieWilder wrote: »

Buy another bassinet.

i use to put 3 in the room. but my sims seem to be only having 1 kid at a time now.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    @Rinellie: I'm with everyone else on #2 being the best option. The other one has flatter colors for that graphic novel feel, but it washes out all defining detail in the picture. Balance is key. ;)

---

m7nYCHX.png

She bit her tongue before she could reveal that their Double IPA was terrible.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • SilverDaybreakSilverDaybreak Posts: 2,080 Member
    Hi @Everyone,

My answer to today's coffee/tea question is simple, I don't drink but used to turn the coffee maker on for my parents and Mom takes the tea bag out of her teapot after 3 minutes.

Now for today's update with Brittani, cameos include the following:

@Simslover163, @RebornMonster, @Julyvee94's Baato, @CitizenErased14, @aroseinbloom, @Jes2G, @Sabreene, @SilentWolf101, @MsPrissySim, @SummerFalls, and @kittycatali'🐸🐸🐸🐸 Neko, , and @Ra3rei's hubby Frederico

https://silverscampfirestories.wordpress.com/2016/03/06/hoosier-highlanders-gen-2-with-brittani-ruelle/

@Munterbacon: Brittani wrote her update in your honor! Happy Birthday!

Enjoy!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top