Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I got my 4th blog up .. I am so happy I could not have done it with out your help ... esp @Munterbacon, @SilentWolf101 and @CathyTea TY so very much!

My blog strategy is to keep it short and sweet .. everyone is busy and perhaps it is best to leave the readers wanting a bit more. I am a nube to blogging but how does this sit with seasoned bloggers?

#lisasinsaneasylumchallenge

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/

[img][/img]06-18-15_2-43nbspAM-2_zpsg8gpkihc.png
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited March 2016
    Question of the Day:

How do you make your tea/coffee?

Strong and hot :) (sorry my pics are monstrosities ... still trying to figure this whole thing out)

[img][/img]coffee%20talks%20no_zpsvgk9a45a.jpg
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I got my 4th blog up .. I am so happy I could not have done it with out your help ... esp @Munterbacon, @SilentWolf101 and @CathyTea TY so very much!

My blog strategy is to keep it short and sweet .. everyone is busy and perhaps it is best to leave the readers wanting a bit more. I am a nube to blogging but how does this sit with seasoned bloggers?

#lisasinsaneasylumchallenge

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/
    I got your blog added to the index on our first page!

It's such a fun start! I love all those wild characters!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Woke up to a billion and six birthday messages and cat gifs! :D

yay-kitty.gif

Thank you @everyone :blush:

abdmcri.gif

Group hug! :D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    Question of the Day:

Black Coffee, 2 sugars. My going out coffee is in order of preference: Espresso, Short Black, or Long Black if I'm super tired. I don't order Espresso's in NZ because they're all pretty cruddy, silly Italy and their superior coffee broke me for life!
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
  • rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,206 Member
    Question of the Day:

As long as it's sweet and caffeine free, I could care less how I take my tea or coffee.

Usually, however, I drink a lot of pop. I'm hoping to change that by switching to tea eventually, though.
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Woke up to a billion and six birthday messages and cat gifs! :D

yay-kitty.gif

Thank you @everyone :blush:

abdmcri.gif

Group hug! :D

happy birthday. bacon. bacon is a word my computer likes.
  • lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    Happy Timezones!!

I amused myself the other day because picmonkey got a new effect called Mirror Image. So, I took a pic from my short story and played around with it. *snicker* Sometimes I'm far too easily amused. ;)

25537929015_0f59e71cf9_b.jpg
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Oh, and I just saw that there's a birthday today!!!!

Happy birthday @Munterbacon!!!!! May your day be awesome and filled with lots of yummy food and presents and friends and family. :smiley:

Good job on not letting Ninjapig steal all the food. ;)

111885016_4667763_gk_03.gif
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Question of the Day:

We just made a pot of tea, and it came out fantastic!

Here's how:

1) Heat the water in a kettle. Stop it right before the boil! (this is important)

2) Meanwhile, in a clean tea pot that is big enough for three-and-a-half big mugs of tea, add three heaping tablespoonfuls of tea. (I actually pinch it into the palm of my hand--each pinch should be a nice little mound that fits in the palm of the hand.) We love to use Indian green tea. Today, we used two pinches of Makaibari (very fruity and spicy) and one pinch of Kora Kundah (a little drier and grassier, but still sweet).

3) Pour in the nearly boiling water.

4) Steep for 7 minutes, then strain into another tea-pot. (We call this the two-pot method.) If you like it a touch stronger (like my boyfriend does) then just pour it through the leaves again. I think it's perfect at seven minutes--my boyfriend thinks it's perfect after a pour-through.

We're sipping ours now (with chocolate date-raisin cookies that I just took out of the oven) and we are *this close* to heaven!

COFFEE:

I love to make coffee. Face it.

I make it with a Melita filter. That's what they call "pour over" at cafes here in the U. S.

1) Put the water onto boil. (Yeah, the kettle can boil for coffee.)

2) Grind the beans. (We love a mix of two organic, fair-trade blends: Love Buzz and Mind/Body/Soul--super rich, smooth, mild acid, overtones of chocolate, cinnamon, and citrus). I just know from measuring in the grinder how much to use. I think it's close to a quarter cup for a whole pot (wow! That's a lot!)

3) Put the filter paper in the filter. Pour in the ground coffee beans.

4) Very carefully, pour the boiled water into the center of the ground beans. Let the water rise to the top of the filter, evenly moistening all the ground beans. They will coat the filter.

5) For the next pour-through, pour slowly around the top perimeter of the filter, so that all the grounds will wash down to the base of the filter.

6) For subsequent pour-throughs, carefully pour around the sides of the filter, so that the water will slowly seep through the grounds at the bottom of the filter.

Ohmigosh! It's so delicious! Yay! Coffee! Yay! Tea! Yay! Chocolate-date-raisin-cookies!

**did someone say fructose and caffeine?**

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • ThePlumbobThePlumbob Posts: 4,971 Member
    Question of the Day:

I'm really boring, I drink my coffee black; no sugar, no milk, no nothing. Same with tea, except that I mainly go for green tea :)
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    Question of the Day:

I substitute the coffee or tea for hot chocolate and add whipped cream ;)
    suRdkSd.jpg
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Question of the Day:

Here's how:

1) Heat the water in a kettle. Stop it right before the boil! (this is important)

2) Meanwhile, in a clean tea pot that is big enough for three-and-a-half big mugs of tea, add three heaping tablespoonfuls of tea. (I actually pinch it into the palm of my hand--each pinch should be a nice little mound that fits in the palm of the hand.) We love to use Indian green tea. Today, we used two pinches of Makaibari (very fruity and spicy) and one pinch of Kora Kundah (a little drier and grassier, but still sweet).

4) Steep for 7 minutes, then strain into another tea-pot. (We call this the two-pot method.) If you like it a touch stronger (like my boyfriend does) then just pour it through the leaves again. I think it's perfect at seven minutes--my boyfriend thinks it's perfect after a pour-through.

We're sipping ours now (with chocolate date-raisin cookies that I just took out of the oven) and we are *this close* to heaven!

COFFEE:

I make it with a Melita filter. That's what they call "pour over" at cafes here in the U. S.

2) Grind the beans. (We love a mix of two organic, fair-trade blends: Love Buzz and Mind/Body/Soul--super rich, smooth, mild acid, overtones of chocolate, cinnamon, and citrus). I just know from measuring in the grinder how much to use. I think it's close to a quarter cup for a whole pot (wow! That's a lot!)

4) Very carefully, pour the boiled water into the center of the ground beans. Let the water rise to the top of the filter, evenly moistening all the ground beans. They will coat the filter.

5) For the next pour-through, pour slowly around the top perimeter of the filter, so that all the grounds will wash down to the base of the filter.

6) For subsequent pour-throughs, carefully pour around the sides of the filter, so that the water will slowly seep through the grounds at the bottom of the filter.

Ohmigosh! It's so delicious! Yay! Coffee! Yay! Tea! Yay! Chocolate-date-raisin-cookies!

you aren't supposed to stick your face in coffee. its hot.
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Question of the Day:

Use whatever my mum and dad buy, though I sometimes treat myself to loose leaf tea (obviously just to use novelty tea infusers. Mine is shaped like a shark!). My mum gets this regular order of organic black tea (a box of 100 bags every few weeks or so) plus whatever else she's feeling like, and my dad gets coffee at Trader Joe's.

Tea is simply add hot water and wait. I use a French press for coffee. Both are generally served black, but there are some teas I sweeten with stevia.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Question of the Day:

Use whatever my mum and dad buy, though I sometimes treat myself to loose leaf tea (obviously just to use novelty tea infusers. Mine is shaped like a shark!). My mum gets this regular order of organic black tea (a box of 100 bags every few weeks or so) plus whatever else she's feeling like, and my dad gets coffee at Trader Joe's.

Tea is simply add hot water and wait. I use a French press for coffee. Both are generally served black, but there are some teas I sweeten with stevia.

help. what is lose leaf tea? i also have no idea what infusers are.
  • RinellieRinellie Posts: 438 Member
    Hmm, I'm not too specific with my tea (hardly drink coffee), but has anyone ever had crysanthemum(sp???) tea before? I swear it's the best tea I've ever had. Yummmmmm <3
  • SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Question of the Day:

Here's how:

COFFEE:

Remind me to come visit you when I travel to America!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    Question of the Day:

help. what is lose leaf tea? i also have no idea what infusers are.

@friendsfan367: Loose leaf tea are the dried tea leaves on their own, instead of contained in a bag. Infusers are small, strainer-like objects you hold the tea in while it brews in your pot or cup (if you follow the link to the one I posted, it shows it disassembled and how it's a hollow object with small holes).
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Simslover163Simslover163 Posts: 2,833 Member
    Rinellie wrote: »
    Hmm, I'm not too specific with my tea (hardly drink coffee), but has anyone ever had crysanthemum(sp???) tea before? I swear it's the best tea I've ever had. Yummmmmm <3

I had chrysanthemum tea, as well as jasmine tea!! Those two teas are my favorite!! :)
    sEgXZ52.jpg
    Sims 3 Blog | Tales from Veronica L. Hopkins High | Camellia Treasures (Coming Soon)

I LOVE chrysanthemum tea! I adore it! I would like to drink Jasmine tea, but it turns my stomach. :( And I also am a little bit allergic to chamomile tea (alas).

I don't do tisanes much--though sometimes in the hot summer, I ramble through the garden, snipping rosemary, thyme, lemon thyme, and lemon grass and make a yummy summer tisane!

Question of the Day:

Here's how:

COFFEE:

Remind me to come visit you when I travel to America!

Ohmigosh! Please do! I'd love to make coffee or tea or both for you!

• MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member

*waves arms excitedly*

I have enjoyed chrysanthemum tea!!! Add a clump of rock sugar and I'm happy. I have a stash of ginseng tea. It makes your throat all tingly and, apparently, tastes like licorice.
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Honestly, where I'm at, I don't even know where to buy loose leaf tea. You can find tea at the store, but it's almost always in bags. :( I've never had the urge to go find it plus I don't have the right equipment for tea.

I agree with @SummerFalls, though, I need to find out where @CathyTea lives and visit. We'd have a nice chat while sipping our tea. Yum!
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
    Meggles wrote: »

*waves arms excitedly*

I have enjoyed chrysanthemum tea!!! Add a clump of rock sugar and I'm happy. I have a stash of ginseng tea. It makes your throat all tingly and, apparently, tastes like licorice.

why do y0u you put rock in your tea? i think i know what you mean but you keep making me laugh so i keep picking on you.
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Meggles wrote: »

*waves arms excitedly*

why do y0u you put rock in your tea? i think i know what you mean but you keep making me laugh so i keep picking on you.

Too bad we don't have LOL anymore!!! I'd be rollin' in LOLs!!!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top