Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    911TruthBear911TruthBear Posts: 626 Member
    edited March 2016
  • Options
    KildareFaerlynnKildareFaerlynn Posts: 122 Member
    Did you know there is no family relation after a few generations? My founders had a daughter Alma(Daughter) then Alma had Briana(Grandaughter) Briana had Carolina (Great Grand daughter ,I think) Then Carol had Demi (Roomate with Founders instead of Great Great Grand daughter and Eve her little daughter same... I don't even feel like playing Legacies anymore what is the point of 26 Generations if they become unrelated? Oh and Ghosts seem they can't have babies together either... so sad...
    QIhBg2C.png
  • Options
    Oh I forgot this one did you know if you download a preggo teen from gallery even if you don't have the mod she/he will still have the baby? I made a pregnant sim removed my modes started a new vanilla game and and went to get her and she had a baby girl! :D
    QIhBg2C.png
  • Options
    CementCement Posts: 3,505 Member
    Did you know there is no family relation after a few generations? My founders had a daughter Alma(Daughter) then Alma had Briana(Grandaughter) Briana had Carolina (Great Grand daughter ,I think) Then Carol had Demi (Roomate with Founders instead of Great Great Grand daughter and Eve her little daughter same... I don't even feel like playing Legacies anymore what is the point of 26 Generations if they become unrelated? Oh and Ghosts seem they can't have babies together either... so sad...
    Yeah, it's unfortunate they become unrelated after a while. Second cousins and forward don't exist either. I wish it did sort of continue, but I guess I can see how "third cousin twice removed" or "great great great great grandchild" would be a mouthful as a caption under names in the tiny family tree window. Wish it still showed relations regardless. I like looking at relations, but I'll just leave that to my own family trees.

Ghosts could have babies if you have broken mods, but it's not anything spectacular since those kids are just normal sims, I believe. Only tried once, anyhow, and it was a long time ago. :(
  • Options
    @Cement Thanks Yes I see the point there of being exaustive words on it but at least a little more further than it is now. Like for 8 generations at least which doesn't happen as I have 7 Generations and 2 or 3 of them can have romantic interest and flirts and then Great grand granny gets angry with their Legacy last Heir or one of the eldest ones flirts with their supposed great grandson in law... lol to funny... not...I took all my mods out got fed up with the constant updates of sims4... So now nothing in my mods file... :D Happy Simming for you!
    QIhBg2C.png
  • Options
    PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    I just realized today some of the models for the Styled Looks are characters from TS3. Maybe there's some TS2 characters in there as well, but it's been so long I wouldn't have recognized them :p
    Darn, so there's no "great-great grandparents" or anything? I guess after a while it can be too long, but maybe after the great-great-grandparents it can just say "ancestor" or something. This will definitely put a damper in my legacy :I
    ✧qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…*:ο½₯゚✧qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†,qο½₯:*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜…*:ο½₯οΎŸβ˜†*:ο½₯゚:✧
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • Options
    I think goes until 4 or 5 generations then they are all roomates... I have in my house hold The Couple Founder and then only Female Heirs each one from each genration still fun but if they don't flirt with the youngest ones... At least 8 generations. There must be a mod that fixes this but I am vanilla now so yeah no point on google it...for me... Happy Simming @Polyrhythm
    QIhBg2C.png
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I found the sheep in Windenburg today
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    VeridioVeridio Posts: 21 New Member
    It's possible to be completely passive and let your Sims live their own life without your interactions.
    Your Sims can reach max job level on their own if you pick specific ones, like Astronaut or Criminal.
  • Options
    @SeaDragonSong - Me too! And did you found the ducks in the water too? In Windenburg!
    QIhBg2C.png
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    Oh I forgot this one did you know if you download a preggo teen from gallery even if you don't have the mod she/he will still have the baby? I made a pregnant sim removed my modes started a new vanilla game and and went to get her and she had a baby girl! :D

What get me is that when a son or daughter gets married the Sim they marry isn't even shown as being part of the family! He or she is just shown as Friend. Not Son, son-n-law, uncle, etc. They are just sort of there period.
  • Options
    @SeaDragonSong & @Kildares_Laughter also behind the last house on the left of the screen (can't think of the name since I'm playing it right Now) in the back yard I've seen a family of deer just past my lot line. They are so pretty!
  • Options
    uzumouzumo Posts: 1,836 Member
    I didn't know that a pregnant sim who eats carrots will give birth to a boy, and a pregnant sim who eats strawberries will give birth to a girl.

*If you want the child to be either a boy or girl, have the pregnant sim eat carrots or strawberries.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    @SeaDragonSong & @Kildares_Laughter also behind the last house on the left of the screen (can't think of the name since I'm playing it right Now) in the back yard I've seen a family of deer just past my lot line. They are so pretty!

@HIstoricgal Do you mean a flock of little white sheep? I haven't seen any deer. :o

• Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    uzumo wrote: Β»
    I didn't know that a pregnant sim who eats carrots will give birth to a boy, and a pregnant sim who eats strawberries will give birth to a girl.

*If you want the child to be either a boy or girl, have the pregnant sim eat carrots or strawberries.

@uzumo - Music affects baby outcome too. Alternative for boys, Pop for girls...

...Which I'm slightly offended with being a girl who prefers alternative over pop any day.
  • Options

@HIstoricgal Do you mean a flock of little white sheep? I haven't seen any deer. :o

No! Haven't seen any White Sheep as of yet, these were a herd of Deer. There were about 4 or 5 standing in the lot behind my Sims lot. There was a couple adults (Tan) and a fawn (TAN with white spots)
  • Options
    @uzumo this is good to know. seems I always end up with boys when one of my Sims have a baby.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member

What get me is that when a son or daughter gets married the Sim they marry isn't even shown as being part of the family! He or she is just shown as Friend. Not Son, son-n-law, uncle, etc. They are just sort of there period.

If your talking about your family tree the married sim only shows up one the family tree when you click on the sim that is married. This is the normal design of family trees, they do not show up on the opposite sides family tree.

A good example to this is using my sims as an example: Long House Hold Parents Adam and Amy Long
    Sisters and Brothers, James(brother) Mika(Sister), Kelly(brother), Jessica and Magen(Twin Sisters)

The Other family Pancakes Bob and Eliza Parents
    Sister and Brothers, Kalyn Pancakes(Sister), Mathew Pancakes(Brother), Emily Pancakes, and Eleana Pancakes (Twin Sisters)

Ok here it goes, Since James is an Young Adult he married Kalyn Pancakes, her name was changed to Long, but because they are only related by marriage the family trees remain separate and only shows them on each others family tree when you click on them. The Long family tree will only show Kalyn when you click on James and the Pancakes family tree will only show James when you click on Kalyn. This is because there is no direct genetic relationship between the two families. Once James and Kalyn have kids, the relationships will come together. Its the kids the bring the connections, not the parents.

I have noticed that family trees tend to break up after deaths, but, that is easily fixed by allowing the dead ghosts sims to remarry which will fix the family tree again. Easier to do that in the Sims 4 than in the Sims 3

Also thanks to Romantic Garden stuff the wishing well can grant ghost babies, now that this element is back into the Sims 4, maybe ghost male elders and females younger than elders could possible have babies the normal way, but I haven't tested it.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    giving the wishing well the most amount chances the face on the wishing well, donating half increases positive outcome to neutral.
    Congratulations on 100 Posts. B)

Edit you can see the colors change.

• Options
    If you add a/the pollination alien to your household, (this one was mine) you'll break your game. LOL (I always have backups so no biggie).
    I added her to my household cause I wanted to see her, don't judge me. I did it for science LOL
    They also won't keep "Pollinator" as their job after adding them into the household after leaving the lot or customizing. They also don't have any relations to the sim they pollinated, and only the child(ren) they had with them will. :)
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    Cement wrote: Β»
    If you add a/the pollination alien to your household, (this one was mine) you'll break your game. LOL (I always have backups so no biggie).
    I added her to my household cause I wanted to see her, don't judge me. I did it for science LOL
    They also won't keep "Pollinator" as their job after adding them into the household after leaving the lot or customizing. They also don't have any relations to the sim they pollinated, and only the child(ren) they had with them will. :)

How do you find a pollinator?
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member

No! Haven't seen any White Sheep as of yet, these were a herd of Deer. There were about 4 or 5 standing in the lot behind my Sims lot. There was a couple adults (Tan) and a fawn (TAN with white spots)

@HIstoricgal Oh wow, this is interesting news! I will have to keep an eye out for those then. You say they were in the country neighborhood of Windenburg, the one right below where the Von Haunt Estate is?
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    oops I might have got ahead of myself I said congradulations on 100 post, but I really meant congratulation on 100 pages.
    :p:p

• Options
    DeKay wrote: Β»
    Cement wrote: Β»

How do you find a pollinator?

It was really by chance. :( I used mc command center to delete some hidden households and found a hidden alien household through a get_pop scan, and saw she was listed as both an alien and a hidden household
    So I added her to my household out of curiosity with twistedmexi's full house mod. Turned out she was the one that impregnated a sim of mine.
    It also shows with alien offspring too as a parent, so that's an easier way to find one. :o
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    Things I have learned about TS4 that are different from TS2 is obviously that there is a continuous universe... Unlike TS2, you cannot have another [Real Life] user play a different neighborhood on your computer without affecting the game in your current neighborhood / universe.

So if someone wants to play TS4 on your computer... the only way to let them wreak havoc in the sims universe without "harshing your mellow" is to make them log onto your computer as a completely separate user and play in a completely different account.

My [RL] son, an adolescent, likes to play occasionally... so, not knowing this would affect MY game, I allowed him to set up a family in a different neighborhood.

His idea of game play is completely different from mine. I taught him how to make money by gardening. He went "balls out" on an elaborate plantation layout and enslaved NPC's and other active sims as cheap labor to work his plantation, setting all females in pink bikini uniforms and all males in bear costumes. He killed off one of my character's Babby Daddy, and tried to get characters to move out of my current lot to work his plantation. "Urgh!" Now in my neighborhood, I have women in bikinis and men in bear suits randomly walking my sidewalk.

Okay... now with the global universe comes the global notification wall.

Another way to make "BANK" is writing books or songs. When your sim gets paid royalties there is a notification of a total amount paid out in the lower left corner of your screen, BUT ALSO on the notification wall you have a notification of the itemized amount paid for each title... LISTING EACH TITLE.

I can't help it... when I play the sims, I have always enjoyed releasing my inner "🐸🐸🐸🐸." So the titles of my books are beyond the pale.... like, The Fudge Factory in Uranus [Google: Uranus Missouri Fudge], only much worse and more explicit. This notification wall announces everything, regardless what family or neighborhood is playing. So even as I see my [RL] son's character get a promotion, I know that the notification wall is posting in his game the royalty payments for each of my character's titles. Thankfully, he hasn't been paying attention, or he's just hasn't got the courage to ask me about "Uncle Richard and the Slobbering Plums"

So, my advice: if you're going to allow anyone to play TS4 on your computer without logging into a separate account, don't give your books or songs any title that you wouldn't want your mother to read.

Regards,

Pete

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top