Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Bachelor of Newcrest ~ by Meeshelby (Season 1)

Comments

• MeeshelbyMeeshelby Posts: 1,914 Member
    Meeshelby wrote: »
    Ok everyone! We're ready for the ladies to start meeting Lance. I know there are a couple entries still coming, but in the meantime I would love your thoughts on a few things.
    1. How do you prefer to see stories? I'm trying to decide if I want to do photo updates with story line. Or video clips. Or something else. Any thoughts would be great!
    2. If you haven't already please be sure to look over your girl as well as her banner that I've posted and make sure that she's as you want her to be. If some of the items used to create her were from GP's or SP's, I probably don't have it and used something close as possible. If you want me to change it, please let me know ASAP! I won't be offended at all ;)
    3. Even though I have a mod that allows for 20 sims on a lot, I am probably going to wait until we're down to like 10 or 12 ladies before moving them all into the mansion. That will help cut down on lag. And it also will keep me from being tempted to control the ladies.
    4. Speaking of control...my plan is to control Lance ONLY! The only reason I would control the ladies is to work on their skills to make them fit into the story line better, or to keep them from killing themselves lol.
    5. I hope you're as excited as I am to get this started!!!!

@Heckstress17 @LunarMoon88 @psykt @BobSkellington @jazen @amadazulsim @BrandyD83 @kokoro80 @Francisca464 @falserhapsody @pigletpooh1 @PeachyKeen88

I would prefer video updates, it could be challenging to you, too. Unless you have done videos before :) And I am happy with how my ladies turned out, thanks :)

Awesome!! I was thinking video would be fun too. I'm a total noob to videos, but I want to learn so this is the perfect time!! Should I do voice over and narrate? Or just music and have words on the video?
  • BobSkellingtonBobSkellington Posts: 9,206 Member
    Ok everyone! We're ready for the ladies to start meeting Lance. I know there are a couple entries still coming, but in the meantime I would love your thoughts on a few things.
    1. How do you prefer to see stories? I'm trying to decide if I want to do photo updates with story line. Or video clips. Or something else. Any thoughts would be great!
    2. If you haven't already please be sure to look over your girl as well as her banner that I've posted and make sure that she's as you want her to be. If some of the items used to create her were from GP's or SP's, I probably don't have it and used something close as possible. If you want me to change it, please let me know ASAP! I won't be offended at all ;)
    3. Even though I have a mod that allows for 20 sims on a lot, I am probably going to wait until we're down to like 10 or 12 ladies before moving them all into the mansion. That will help cut down on lag. And it also will keep me from being tempted to control the ladies.
    4. Speaking of control...my plan is to control Lance ONLY! The only reason I would control the ladies is to work on their skills to make them fit into the story line better, or to keep them from killing themselves lol.

@Heckstress17 @LunarMoon88 @psykt @BobSkellington @jazen @amadazulsim @BrandyD83 @kokoro80 @Francisca464 @falserhapsody @pigletpooh1 @PeachyKeen88

I would prefer video updates, it could be challenging to you, too. Unless you have done videos before :) And I am happy with how my ladies turned out, thanks :)

Awesome!! I was thinking video would be fun too. I'm a total noob to videos, but I want to learn so this is the perfect time!! Should I do voice over and narrate? Or just music and have words on the video?

Definitely voice over and narrate, I think that would also give you a better chance of interacting with us more and us getting to know the real you :)
    Beauty obtains attention, but personality is what captures the heart. ♥
    sox3c8.jpg

Definitely voice over and narrate, I think that would also give you a better chance of interacting with us more and us getting to know the real you :)

Awesome! I hate my voice, but I'll do it haha.

Awesome! I hate my voice, but I'll do it haha.

I know exactly what you mean, my voice isn't the best, either xD But I'm sure you have a nice voice :D
    sox3c8.jpg
  • kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member

I'm happy with photos or videos whichever you would prefer to do is fine.

Are there 18 ladies altogether? You could group them in clubs of 6 for group dates and to give you some level of control over what they are doing without controlling them directly. Maybe start with 10 ladies in the mansion and then as some get evicted you can gradually bring in the others as intruders?

I am so excited to see how this unfolds! I love watching the Bachelor IRL so sims version should be even better!

• LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    I would prefer photo updates as I often go n the forums away from home so I would have to take headphones with me which is just :(
  • psyktpsykt Posts: 1,168 Member
    I'd like some video clips, but that's up to you :)
    tumblr_oz7ve3uIkz1uz57gao1_540.jpg
  • Francisca464Francisca464 Posts: 738 Member
    @Meeshelby I'd prefer picture updates. Not that I don't want to hear your voice, but I love reading hahah :wink: Videos would be fine too though, whatever you want to do!
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    edited March 2016
    Your Gallery ID: xjojox
    Your Lady's Name: Cassidy Reede
    Her Aspiration: Musical Genius
    Her 3 Personality Traits: Dance Machine, Glutton, Music Lover
    Her biggest passion or hobby: Music, Writing And Playing.
    Her career/background: Grew up in Australia to a solid family. Has three other sisters (including a twin) Has always had a passion for music and has been playing guitar and piano since a young age. Her parents encouraged her along the way, even uprooting their life in Australia to move to Los Angeles to try and get signed. Remy landed a career initially in song writing for popular artists and is currently working on her upcoming music career and playing in classy hotels.
    Where she is from: Australia. Currently living in LA.

HEAD
    ac69ao.png

BODY
    9ub5zs.png
    Post edited by xJojox on
  • Heckstress17Heckstress17 Posts: 2,306 Member

I'd personally prefer picture updates with stories/captions we can read. I don't think I'd take the time to watch a video if I'm being honest :/

I love that you're not going to be controlling the girls! That makes their traits that much more important and will really show who does and doesn't have chemistry with Lance. omg I'm so excited for you to get started. I don't think I mentioned it before, but the mansion behind Lance on the main page is gorgeous!!!
    Origin ID:Heckstress17
  • amadazulsimamadazulsim Posts: 1,800 Member
    @Meeshelby - Pictures or videos would be nice. Either one is good.
    ]
  • jazenjazen Posts: 5,612 Member
    @Meeshelby I think which ever option you prefer. I personally like reading more than watching. After listening to my kiddies watch so many game videos on youtube, the idea of having to listen isn't always appealing to me. LOL ;)

2. I'm not sure if you downloaded Dolan's eyelashes. They don't look as dramatic on her banner shots as they did in the head shot I took. Other than that, she looks great.

It should be fun to see how the ladies all get along. Not controlling them will let their personalities shine more and will hopefully make for some good entertainment for you to work into your story.
    15845932053_27f57f3980.jpg

• pigletpooh1pigletpooh1 Posts: 231 Member
    edited March 2016
    @Meeshelby I too prefer reading updates and such, but to whichever you would prefer honestly. And I love the way JJ looks in your game, so pretty! SO EXCITED!
    I was really hoping for videos, but I guess the majority want reading updates :( No fair. LOL
    sox3c8.jpg
    I'm going to try for both haha. Why not?!
  • LunarMoon88LunarMoon88 Posts: 297 Member
    @everyone you all have such lovely banners, how to I get one? (I know I already asked @Meeshelby) but I can't find how to do it.
    @everyone you all have such lovely banners, how to I get one? (I know I already asked @Meeshelby) but I can't find how to do it.

I'll message you later when I'm home. If someone else doesn't get to you first.
    jazen wrote: »
    @Meeshelby I think which ever option you prefer. I personally like reading more than watching. After listening to my kiddies watch so many game videos on youtube, the idea of having to listen isn't always appealing to me. LOL ;)

2. I'm not sure if you downloaded Dolan's eyelashes. They don't look as dramatic on her banner shots as they did in the head shot I took. Other than that, she looks great.

It should be fun to see how the ladies all get along. Not controlling them will let their personalities shine more and will hopefully make for some good entertainment for you to work into your story.

I'll see if I can figure them out when I get home later! Sorry about that!!

Download Photoscape, make a Gif but make sure it's the right size for a banner. You can also use BannerMaker to make your banner before making it a Gif, upload it to Tinypic and then you just go to settings, signature, paste the url of the image, and you're set!
    sox3c8.jpg
  • xJojoxxJojox Posts: 6,878 Member
    xJojox wrote: »
    @Meeshelby ... was my entry too late?

Nope you're fine!! I'll get her added in ASAP :)
    kokoro80 wrote: »
    I'm happy with photos or videos whichever you would prefer to do is fine.

Are there 18 ladies altogether? You could group them in clubs of 6 for group dates and to give you some level of control over what they are doing without controlling them directly. Maybe start with 10 ladies in the mansion and then as some get evicted you can gradually bring in the others as intruders?

I am so excited to see how this unfolds! I love watching the Bachelor IRL so sims version should be even better!

Thanks for the input!! I have 20 ladies as of this moment. 2 are ones I submitted so I'm going to take them out, as I think there are a couple more incoming.

xJojox wrote: »
    Your Gallery ID: xjojox
    Your Lady's Name: Cassidy Reede

She is so absolutely gorgeous!!!! So sorry I didn't respond before now, I've been at play practice all day.

I'd personally prefer picture updates with stories/captions we can read. I don't think I'd take the time to watch a video if I'm being honest :/

I love that you're not going to be controlling the girls! That makes their traits that much more important and will really show who does and doesn't have chemistry with Lance. omg I'm so excited for you to get started. I don't think I mentioned it before, but the mansion behind Lance on the main page is gorgeous!!!

Oh yes, this is going to make it VERY interesting. I just have to be sure that somehow my MC mod doesn't mess things up and marry the girls off LOL. I'll have to create a 2nd version of it for this comp, so its not the same as how I have it set up for RBWC. And I LOVE the mansion! I found it on TSR, so will have to link it. And then I went in and decorated each room individually.

@BobSkellington Thank you for helping @Lunarmoon88 !!!!
  • SimmindipitySimmindipity Posts: 674 Member

I'm slow on responses/replies my apologies. I'd prefer photos with captions as I don't have much time to watch a video at all :( Definitely excited for the challenge. Will you be posting updates here and on tumblr? Or just here?
    BrandyD83 wrote: »

I'm slow on responses/replies my apologies. I'd prefer photos with captions as I don't have much time to watch a video at all :( Definitely excited for the challenge. Will you be posting updates here and on tumblr? Or just here?

No problem!! Both places more than likely :)
  • BethDoesGamingBethDoesGaming Posts: 109 Member
    Very sexy male you have there
    tumblr_mwy4bptfGw1s9y1hvo1_500.gif

Phamily Is Life