Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I need help with Sims Life Stories

simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
I'm not sure if this is the place for this issue or not, but I can't find anything on The Sims Life Stories as far as help is concerned and since it's based on sims 2 game play I thought I'd try here. Here's my problem:

I was playing Vince's story in Life Stories (finally made it to chapter 10) and somehow my game went into cameraman mode I think it was cameraman mode the Universal Control Panel was missing and all I could do was unpause using P and add more tasks with the keyboard shortcuts. Nothing else that I tried worked. None of the tips that I found for sims 2 worked. Plus the camera was nearly impossible to control in this mode.

And on top of it like a goof, I didn't save it for at least an hour. The only way I could get out of it was to use control alt delete and end the task. I just lost the last hour of progress in that story line. I'm not sure if I want to go back into it though.

I was using the keyboard shortcuts for telling him to do basic things. Eat, shower, use the toilet, etc. I guess I won't be using those anymore.
There's nothing helpful on the internet when I googled sims life stories controls and other variations of that topic.

Can anyone please help me with this in case it happens to me again?
Thank you.
P.S. I hope this is the right area for this question. There's no category for that game.
Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.

Comments

• OmpabopOmpabop Posts: 168 Member
    I'm not sure if I get what you mean, but could it be you pressed tab?
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    Tried it. It didn't work. I tried F1-F5 tab control and other keys. and other keyboard combos that are suggested for sims 2.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited March 2016
    It might have been a glitch. Sorry you lost your progress. Was it back to normal when you went back into the game?
    Post edited by kremesch73 on
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I need to play the Stories games one day, too bad they are impossible to find.
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    I got mine at Half Price Books a few years ago.
    I don't think it was a glitch. I've had the same thing happen while playing sims 3, but I got out of that one really easily.
    I haven't gone back into the game, yet. I'm trying to get up the determination to redo a couple chapters.
    The only thing that I don't like about this game is there's no way to take pictures and videos. (that I can figure out).
  • simplysarahrosesimplysarahrose Posts: 66 Member
    I really want to get this game and the Castaway Sins Story. LMK if any one has ideas of where I ca find them. Thanks!
    @simplysarahrose, I found mine at Half Price Books. Maybe you can find it there or at a store like it. I would also look at flea markets, garage sales, and thrift or secondhand stores.
  • simplysarahrosesimplysarahrose Posts: 66 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    @simplysarahrose, I found mine at Half Price Books. Maybe you can find it there or at a store like it. I would also look at flea markets, garage sales, and thrift or secondhand stores.

Hey, thanks! The games work on new operating systems too? I just wish Origin had all of Sims suite available for download and purchase. I just downloaded Midevil for the first time and it kind've satisfies some of that guided play / choose your own adventure RPG. I'll look around for Castaway and if anyone comes across one pls LMK ✌
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,934 Member
    Did you press F10? Usually after pressing that, UI will go hidden.
  • DiamondkoolDiamondkool Posts: 4,481 Member
    Hello, this is because you accidentally pressed F10. You can press F10 again to get UI back.
    7ef6931fe80152dcec309a30cbe73f13.png
    Click on my signature to access my tumblr blog!
    @simplysarahrose, I've had mine for a few years, but I didn't try it until we got Windows 8.1 and I had no problems with it. Unlike the problems I've had with The Sims 2.
    Castaway Stories is harder to play. If you find it and get it, I suggest looking up the walk through and using that whenever you can. i have it for PC and for Playstation 2 but I've never played my PC version because I found the PS2 version to be pretty involved and was kind of turned off after that.
    As for the Midievil games, I only have the expansion pack because I found it super cheap but I haven't had any luck finding the base game for it.

@EgonVM and @Diamondkool, Thanks for the tip. I will remember about the F10 button if I ever decide to reinstall the game and it happens again.