Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What you don't want nerfed or changed in Sims 4?

HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
There are many threads about what people want changed in the Sims 4 game. I was wondering what people don't want changed because it would negatively impact how they enjoy playing the game now.
In the past they nerfed some aspirations and the alien abduction rate (the latter didn't affect me personally, but I know it bothered others).

I might add to my list* (feel free to add to yours) but here's mine:

1. Playable Ghosts- I played a family for a year and still play them on and off. I would hate for them to change the way this (unlife) state is, unless it was just adding to game play. I don't want them to suddenly become scary for all sims for example.
2. Bills- I see people saying they need to be lowered. I don't agree.. Sims need to live within their means ;).
3. Aspirations - I wasn't happy when they nerfed some of these before. I don't see any call for this but other than fixing bugs please leave them alone.
4. Rate of Repairs- I think they already decreased this enough.
5. Careers-Please don't make these easier than they are*
6. Storing Food- Please don't have them randomly start storing meals unless all the dynamics are taken into account. I leave out food made with the "fresh trait" for instance. I can't imagine the trouble for people that set up a buffet for wedding or gathering if sims started putting food away.

I'm not looking to debate these points. I just want people to express what they enjoy playing now in the game and don't want radically changed.

(What I see coming out of this in the long run is we need options, difficulty settings or sliders to determine if we want the most complained about actions, situations ect.. in our games or not)
egTcBMc.png
Post edited by Hermitgirl on

Comments

• LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Toddlers
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    Toddlers

lol... bad, bad...
    egTcBMc.png
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I wanted the careers to stay like they were in the first weeks in 2014. I do want the endless eating duration to change.
  • halimali1980halimali1980 Posts: 8,246 Member
    edited March 2016
    I don't want anything of the things you have mentioned changed too.
    Actually 3 things were changed in the game and I did not like the changed version:

1- Number of visiting sims. People kept complaining about them even though they could not answer the door. I miss the visiting sims a lot. There is hardly anybody visiting now.

2- The memory panel. I don't know why they changed it? it used to be good, better than what we have now.

3- Autonomous Woohoo: I have not seen it much in my game but many people complained about it and now it never happens!

Sometimes things changes for the better and sometimes to the worse. The above changed to the worse for me.

Things I want them changed:

1- The game assigning love interests to my played sims. I don't mind if the game assigns love interest for the non played sims but please not my played ones.

2- I don't want my club of gardeners to harvest my fruits and vegetables. I hope EA change that and stop the harvesting when you have a gardening club.

What I don't want them to change:
    1- the number of calls the sims receive from other sims. I read few times some people say they are too much. I love them and I don't want that to change.
    Everything I post is an opinion here and I think every post of others is as well.
    giphy.gif
  • RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    Honestly, I wish they would just stop removing things entirely. In a game that's already so empty, they should be adding more content instead and fixing the things that are broken.
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    I don't even understand what they did to memories. I'm not seeing the benefit. What harm did the old setup have?

What I'd like to see changed is autonomous love interest relationships for played sims. Either remove the feature altogether, or make it trait based so I can avoid it.
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Wait...is this what we do want changed or what we don't want changed? Or both?
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Wait...is this what we do want changed or what we don't want changed? Or both?

It's what we don't want changed but I don't mind people putting in the things they want changed the most.... I just don't want it to get ugly lol.
    egTcBMc.png
  • RealPollyMogsRealPollyMogs Posts: 478 Member
    meeoun wrote: »
    What I'd like to see changed is autonomous love interest relationships for played sims.

Assigned relationships are one of the things that has always been broken. Sometimes the sims involved don't even know each other. My guess is that it was easier to implement than a true attraction system is.
    Maybe changing the title will help .. so done

@halimali1980 I agree totally.
    @RealPollyMogs I don't agree the game is lacking.. but yes I agree I wish they'd stick to bugs rather than change stuff that isn't broken.
    @meeoun I think sometimes if they put something in people get use to they need to give us a choice somehow rather than taking it away.
    egTcBMc.png
  • TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member
    edited March 2016
    I don't want them to change the video distortion on Speed 2 and 3

I don't want them to change the white outline when you want to interact with something

I liked the harder aspirations too

I don't want them to reduce the fake backdrops in future worlds
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    In that case I hope they don't remove autonomous woohoo, I like it when my sims sometimes decide things for themselves, but with the complaining I've seen of it I wouldn't be surprised if it got removed altogether :/

I also want bills to stay the same. I hated it at first, but now with 250,000+ simoleons I'm glad I can actually spend some of them. My TS3 house is bigger than my TS4 one and I felt the bills were too cheap when I had a bunch of money.
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
    @TheSimer I do like that television scramble... I saw the thread on the outline... that was part of what got me thinking about this topic.

@Polyrhythm I liked it when they put in the autonomous woohoo. I would have rather it stayed as it was.. but I understood them changing it. I hope they don't remove it altogether either.
    egTcBMc.png
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited March 2016
    I swear I agree with the bill part.
    My sims are super rich and i need to get rid of the money so I just buy very expensive stuff to raise the bill and sometimes it's fun :joy:
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Honestly, I wish they would just stop removing things entirely. In a game that's already so empty, they should be adding more content instead and fixing the things that are broken.

What they should have done was add options. As for the rest, I'm staying out of it.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I would agree with OP's list. Here are my particular wants:

POPULATION: I don't want any less Sims on community lots/public areas. Since Get Together was released, the amount of Sims I see on lots has gone down to around 12, instead of the usual 20 I used to get all the time. I want to see thriving, bustling venues and public areas when my Sims are out and about without resorting to mods.

OPTIONS: Overall, the more options regarding game play the better - where we have more individual say so over what happens in our games. So for example, if or when Supernaturals/Pets come out, I'd like the option to be able to turn them on/off by type per save file.

It isn't just a matter of not buying/skipping a particular game pack, either, because there may be other features or objects in that pack that we very much desire. Get to Work had features that lots of people wanted, but perhaps they didn't want aliens. Having options would allow those people to turn off abductions or even the spawning of alien population, for example. There is such a wide range of play styles for this game, and having options is a crucial part of making more people happy.
  • GviperGviper Posts: 45 Member
    Don't want the bills lowered. It's a biscuit dealing with them when one transitions their sim from a lucrative job to entrepreneur, but makes it legit...
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited March 2016
    My wish is for nothing to get changed that makes the game easier in any way. There's already enough hand holding going on. Having a challenge in my game keeps me from getting bored too quickly.

Other things I hope they leave alone:

Ghosts, for the most part at least. I would actually enjoy it if they made non-playable ghosts scary to Sims again, but I agree they should leave playable ghosts the way they are.

Bills, definitely. I like that they're higher in this game, in Sims 3 they were so slight that they barely mattered.

Plants/fish... I like how there are some that are hard to find or catch. I would be disappointed if they made those things even easier to find.

Things I want un-nerfed: Autonomous woohoo and alien abductions. EA doesn't seem to understand balance, it's always all or nothing with them. If those things were happening too frequently, they needed be toned down a bit sure, but not obliterated.

Can we just get difficulty settings already so everyone can be happy? Lol.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    I don't want them to change Kleptomaniacs being able to steal from retail lots your sims own and run. I can totally see how it could be annoying for players who aren't as into this as I am to have to keep an eye on their merchandise but I love it because not only was it so unexpected (the thought had never occurred to me until a random townie stole several paintings my sim had up for sale) but it just adds this really cool dynamic where I don't know if the customers in the store are going to be honest or shady.
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    Darkslayer wrote: »
    I don't want them to change Kleptomaniacs being able to steal from retail lots your sims own and run. I can totally see how it could be annoying for players who aren't as into this as I am to have to keep an eye on their merchandise but I love it because not only was it so unexpected (the thought had never occurred to me until a random townie stole several paintings my sim had up for sale) but it just adds this really cool dynamic where I don't know if the customers in the store are going to be honest or shady.

I agree, it's kinda like having the shoplifters back from TS2 Open for Business. Lol.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Seems I'm just repeating what has already been said but I really, really wish that alien abductions could be re-tuned. It's just not often enough. I believe that if you click the satellite to contact aliens then it should be a very high chance... after all you obviously want it to happen as you directed your sim to click on it!!

Also anti nerf auto-woohoo. My married sims never ever auto woohoo now. It's sad. Surely it could be made so that sims with a filled romantic bar AND a filled friendship bar AND soul mate status can auto woohoo. That way if you don't want your sims to auto woohoo you can allow one of the relationship bars to decrease ever so slightly meaning auto-woohoo would never happen. idk.

I also don't want anything to be made easier, no lowering of bills or making aspirations even easier to complete etc. :) I like that being in a club can give a skilling boost as those who want it can use it. I don't use it... I like things to be challenging.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • SweetieTreatsSweetieTreats Posts: 2,668 Member
    I hate how they made careers easier and the levels just seem boring to achieve now. I liked them the way they were before. I also hate they didn't give any goals for the Dance Party in Get Together. It is pointless for my party animal Sim.
  • HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    The entire Sims 4 game is already nerfed... :(
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,596 Member
    edited March 2016
    Yeah, I agree about the bills. If the player thinks it's too high, then they can always get their sims to save up for a reward trait to lower the bills. I personally like the expensive bills, partly cuz my sims are too rich and I don't know what to do with my life. :D

I think they shouldn't nerf anything anymore as of now. I actually wished they could amp it up more! Make the job promotion requirements harder like they were before. Make the aspirations harder. Make everything more challenging, please! XD They should make a difficulty mode or something so the players can choose whether to play it on easy, normal or difficult. I would personally play on the highest level from all those TS1 and TS2 experience, if there was such a thing. TS4 is waaay too easy for me. :\
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I 100% agree with the bills thing. I don't want ridiculously rich sims in under 5 generations. I want a bit of a challenge and the feeling of earning wealth!
    I also don't want teens to change. I elaborated quite a bit on this in the "why do you want generations" thread, but I'll quickly reiterate by saying that the way the teens look now more accurately reflect how teens actually look irl. (15-19 year old teens, that is.) Some teens are taller than some adults, some shorter. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the height. The teens in the game have baby faces and less developed bodies, just like real life. I just really love being able to have so many clothing options for my teen sims. :)
    I also never want to lose the gallery or the way the "library" system works. It's very helpful.
    This is a controversial one, but I also like the closed worlds. Open worlds would be awesome if they were guaranteed to run as smoothly, but I'm not sure if that could happen. I love, love, love not having to worry about lag.
    That's all I can think of right now, but I'm sure there's a lot more.