Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you guys sure that you really want toddlers?

Comments

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    Sim_Lucent wrote: »
    Jarsie9 wrote: »

Exactly!Nice to see someone else feels the same way.:)

So, in other words, let's attack the people who want toddlers in the game, while trying to insist that you're not attacking anyone, and letting them know that if they don't like the game, then they should stop playing the game and move along, because, as everyone knows toddlers are useless and can't do anything. Which is what the OP's post boils down to, once you clear away all the attempts to make it sound like they're not attacking anyone. Riiight....

And to think, the OP not only does not own the game, but is only now going to try the demo and give us their considered opinion on whether it's a good game or not. This is almost as good as the person who insisted we not use the word "boycott" because it would offend EA and that EA is refusing to add toddlers just to spite us for being vocally disapproving of this version of the Sims.

I want to applaud this.

Well for once I agree with his whole post :o
    I just clap my hands in agreement and people were looking at me like I have gone mad lol!
    I forget I was in Starbucks for my cafe vanilla latte and blueberry muffin addiction :blush:

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    ^ you are so full of it, it's actually hilarious. Grabbing my popcorn for this!

Lol B)
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I still say no. My reason for it is because in past games I have had horrible toddlers that I thought were spawned from satan. Now saying that I do think its weird to have the babies grow into kids and not have the bonding parent stage in there before the kids go to school. Plus toddlers would be freaking adorable. I just don't want them back because of my experiences and I think if you brought back toddlers babysitters would need to come back and I wasn't that fond of how babysitters did their jobs. I mean you are paying them 75 simoleons to watch your child not sleep in your sims beds or even watch TV.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • PrincessSaturnPrincessSaturn Posts: 564 Member
    I still say no. My reason for it is because in past games I have had horrible toddlers that I thought were spawned from satan. Now saying that I do think its weird to have the babies grow into kids and not have the bonding parent stage in there before the kids go to school. Plus toddlers would be freaking adorable. I just don't want them back because of my experiences and I think if you brought back toddlers babysitters would need to come back and I wasn't that fond of how babysitters did their jobs. I mean you are paying them 75 simoleons to watch your child not sleep in your sims beds or even watch TV.

It's not like they could improve them, right?
    What a lack of logic...

I don't think toddlers will get implemented myself though, not as long as certain players have this attitude.
    I really wish this was in off topic.
    We beat this discussion to death.
    This isn't even feedback.
  • ENolanENolan Posts: 2,735 Member

*Dumps off two loads of butter, salt, and barbecue sauce*

Here's your condiments, Ms. @PrincessSaturn. That'll be $500, not including the finder's fee.
    ENolan wrote: »

Here's your condiments, Ms. @PrincessSaturn. That'll be $500, not including the finder's fee.

But will I get a spicy food moodlet?
    ENolan wrote: »

But will I get a spicy food moodlet?

*Checks purchase order*

Spicy... Spicy.... Sorry, miss. Only Moodlet I see here is "Minty Fresh Breath." :trollface:
  • HIFreeBirdIHHIFreeBirdIH Posts: 1,410 Member
    Well this thread turned into "Discuss how terrible and egotistical this OP is." Seriously guys?
    Just some random Simmer you probably don't even follow on the gallery! Gallery name's the same as my username! Did I just rhyme there?
    xyIcMqt.png
  • foussifoussi Posts: 642 Member
    edited March 2016
    Well this thread turned into "Discuss how terrible and egotistical this OP is." Seriously guys?

True words my friend
    Isnt discussing about how terribel a person is the same level of terribel.

Please guys atleast gossip about kim kardashians 🐸🐸🐸🐸 and how soft and jiggly it is.
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

Oh yes I am very terrible here, so much so people come into my threads to attack me, just to prove a point. All of a sudden I am not so bad am I?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg

Hey, I DID say he's kind of funny :trollface:

Well I am glad that I can entertain you. Wouldn't the forums be boring if we were all 'lovers' and no one said anything interesting?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    Erpe wrote: »
    At this point, we don't know that there will be a Sims 5, but if there is one, we probably won't like it...and it'll probably only be available on mobile or tablet.
    While it is true that more and more people use tablets and phones for things which they earlier used their PC for the problem for EA here is that the PC Sims games have given EA a huge income from selling more and more expansions (SPs, GPs and EPs) for each version of the game. This still isn't possible for games on phones or tablets. So even though the sales numbers for PC games still decrease it is unlikely that EA will give up selling especially the Sims games in PC versions with a huge number of such expansions.

The problem in assessing this is though that we don't know the sales numbers for the many TS4 expansions. I think that they are lower than the sales numbers for the expansions for earlier Sims games. But more and more of the expansions are now sold as downloads which give EA much higher profit than when such expansions are sold as physical copies through third party stores. So I still find it unlikely that EA will give up selling the Sims games in PC versions so easily.

It's possible that they would keep the PC version going, but I still remain skeptical. I just have this feeling that as long as the Head Honchos don't understand their demographic, that is, the kind of people who actually buy and play this game, and keep on thinking that they're young players who aren't serious gamers (not like the ones who play the fantasy kill-your-enemy-and-level-up games), they're going to try to push young adult centered expansion and game packs on us, and that's starting to wear thin.

I also remember how EA is very competitive when it comes to other game making companies, even the ones on Facebook (Zynga) and will go after their market assertively, even when their fan base doesn't particularly play those games and has made it clear they don't like online gameplay for the Sims.

Seriously, every time that any player came along and suggested an online multi-player version of the Sims on eitehr the Sims 2 or Sims 3 forums, they were shot down in flames by their fellow Simmers. But that won't stop EA from trying to conquer the mobile/tablet market.
    I don't see it as a problem that EA is trying to conquer the mobile/tablet market too. They did that also for the previous Sims games (and also the market for consoles) - even though they weren't very successful. (The Sims Freeplay is their best try until now.)

I am also not sure that EA really have got the demographics for the PC Sims games wrong for several reasons:
    1. I remember when I bought previous Sims games as physical copies in the store on their release day. Several other customers did the same. But they were usually all young teen girls.
    2. The Sims 2 forum here in Denmark was dominated by young teens (mainly girls) who discussed the game the first few weeks after every game's or expansion's release. After that they almost all switched to the offtopic forum where they discussed their school and boyfriends and played forum games instead.
    3. We don't know how many Sims games EA sells to teens. But I guess that EA knows much more about this than we do.
    4. Teens rarely visit the forum. In Denmark the young teens disappeared when we switched to the Sims 3 forum. In the beginning a few of them appeared shortly though. But only to tell that they had problems to be accepted in the forum by EA unless they lied about their age. The reason seemed to be that EA wanted them to be old enough to buy stuff online to get access. There were so many technical problems in our Sims 3 forum too that they just gave up - and we haven't seen them in the Danish Sims forums since. But my guess is that the young teens still buy the Sims games anyway.

Well I am glad that I can entertain you. Wouldn't the forums be boring if we were all 'lovers' and no one said anything interesting?

It wasn't a compliment, hun.
    How entertaining...

3x8yUxF.jpg
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member

It wasn't a compliment, hun.

I know, but I still took it as a compliment ;)
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • AtomicSimmerAtomicSimmer Posts: 1,133 Member
    Dadgum it here it goes again. No wonder why people hate the main sim forums and try to go to other smaller sim communities. Everyone is always fighting with each other. I wish people would just stop it. The way things are going We will probably never have toddlers again or a Sims 5 for that matter. You people have no respect for anyone here.
    ATOMICSIMMER
    Sims Fanboy
    Play with Life
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    Dadgum it here it goes again. No wonder why people hate the main sim forums and try to go to other smaller sim communities. Everyone is always fighting with each other. I wish people would just stop it. The way things are going We will probably never have toddlers again or a Sims 5 for that matter. You people have no respect for anyone here.

Not when they post a thread that pretends to spread peace but is only a thinly veiled attack on players who want a certain feature back in the game. You have to earn respect to get respect, and starting a topic like this one isn't the way to go about it.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    At this point, we don't know that there will be a Sims 5, but if there is one, we probably won't like it...and it'll probably only be available on mobile or tablet.
    While it is true that more and more people use tablets and phones for things which they earlier used their PC for the problem for EA here is that the PC Sims games have given EA a huge income from selling more and more expansions (SPs, GPs and EPs) for each version of the game. This still isn't possible for games on phones or tablets. So even though the sales numbers for PC games still decrease it is unlikely that EA will give up selling especially the Sims games in PC versions with a huge number of such expansions.

The problem in assessing this is though that we don't know the sales numbers for the many TS4 expansions. I think that they are lower than the sales numbers for the expansions for earlier Sims games. But more and more of the expansions are now sold as downloads which give EA much higher profit than when such expansions are sold as physical copies through third party stores. So I still find it unlikely that EA will give up selling the Sims games in PC versions so easily.

It's possible that they would keep the PC version going, but I still remain skeptical. I just have this feeling that as long as the Head Honchos don't understand their demographic, that is, the kind of people who actually buy and play this game, and keep on thinking that they're young players who aren't serious gamers (not like the ones who play the fantasy kill-your-enemy-and-level-up games), they're going to try to push young adult centered expansion and game packs on us, and that's starting to wear thin.

I also remember how EA is very competitive when it comes to other game making companies, even the ones on Facebook (Zynga) and will go after their market assertively, even when their fan base doesn't particularly play those games and has made it clear they don't like online gameplay for the Sims.

Seriously, every time that any player came along and suggested an online multi-player version of the Sims on eitehr the Sims 2 or Sims 3 forums, they were shot down in flames by their fellow Simmers. But that won't stop EA from trying to conquer the mobile/tablet market.
    I don't see it as a problem that EA is trying to conquer the mobile/tablet market too. They did that also for the previous Sims games (and also the market for consoles) - even though they weren't very successful. (The Sims Freeplay is their best try until now.)

I am also not sure that EA really have got the demographics for the PC Sims games wrong for several reasons:
    1. I remember when I bought previous Sims games as physical copies in the store on their release day. Several other customers did the same. But they were usually all young teen girls.
    2. The Sims 2 forum here in Denmark was dominated by young teens (mainly girls) who discussed the game the first few weeks after every game's or expansion's release. After that they almost all switched to the offtopic forum where they discussed their school and boyfriends and played forum games instead.
    3. We don't know how many Sims games EA sells to teens. But I guess that EA knows much more about this than we do.
    4. Teens rarely visit the forum. In Denmark the young teens disappeared when we switched to the Sims 3 forum. In the beginning a few of them appeared shortly though. But only to tell that they had problems to be accepted in the forum by EA unless they lied about their age. The reason seemed to be that EA wanted them to be old enough to buy stuff online to get access. There were so many technical problems in our Sims 3 forum too that they just gave up - and we haven't seen them in the Danish Sims forums since. But my guess is that the young teens still buy the Sims games anyway.

You're talking about Denmark. Denmark is only one country. Their main demographic might be teen girls, but it's not the case in other countries. I know here in the States, the demographic is more varied; and you should be able to tell by reading the comments in these forums that a lot of us are far older than teens...in fact, some of us haven't seen teens for at least fifty...er...umpty ump years.

EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member

Not when they post a thread that pretends to spread peace but is only a thinly veiled attack on players who want a certain feature back in the game. You have to earn respect to get respect, and starting a topic like this one isn't the way to go about it.

This.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member

What a lack of logic...

I don't think toddlers will get implemented myself though, not as long as certain players have this attitude.
    What attitude its my own opinion and you don't have to agree with it but don't say you will never get toddlers because of the attitude towards people. Its either you want them or you don't so you don't need to say that I have an attitude towards it.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • meeounmeeoun Posts: 2,173 Member
    edited March 2016

What a lack of logic...

What attitude its my own opinion and you don't have to agree with it but don't say you will never get toddlers because of the attitude towards people. Its either you want them or you don't so you don't need to say that I have an attitude towards it.

I don't like your opinion. You should think more like me and want toddlers.
    ~lol
    Seriously.
    Anyone know how to turn off thread notifications? Please and Thank you.
    *nvm. Found it.
  • ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

You're talking about Denmark. Denmark is only one country. Their main demographic might be teen girls, but it's not the case in other countries. I know here in the States, the demographic is more varied; and you should be able to tell by reading the comments in these forums that a lot of us are far older than teens...in fact, some of us haven't seen teens for at least fifty...er...umpty ump years.
    I know. But I don't think that the country matters much here because the differences between the forum rules and forum setups seem to be much more decisive. The young teens visit other types of forums and they play the game in a different way.

In Denmark young teens dominated the TS2 forum. But we haven't real seen them at all in the TS3 and TS4 forums. I think that the reasons were:

1. The Danish TS2 forum had more liberal rules, a place for them to discuss diaries (which were mostly about the game but not always) and an offtopic forum where they could discuss everything. They liked that very much.
    2. The Danish TS3 forum was different and more like this forum. There was no support for diaries and no offtopic forum. It also had a few other problems. So the young teens disappeared and the forum was instead dominated by older simmers. We haven't seen young teens in the Danish TS4 either. So I think that they now instead discuss their Sims games on Facebook or in forums for school children and young teens.

Many of the topics which the young teens discussed in the Danish TS2 forum have never been allowed in the US forums and as I remember it the US TS2 forum also didn't have an offtopic forum. But the offtopic forum was far the biggest forum on the Danish TS2 site. So this is probably the reasons why the US Sims forums never have been dominated by young teens like the Danish TS2 forum was.
  • HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    toddlers I want