Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Questions About Unlocking Things

MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
edited February 2016 in The Sims FreePlay
I said I wouldn't but...I reinstalled Freeplay :# and I have some questions. All the info I find is 3 years old and I figure at least a few things have changed since then.

Most importantly - I don't want to spend any money on this game!

I know there are a ton of timed quests and I'm wondering if this game is even worth playing without paying? I want to be able to unlock all of the different areas at least but watching YouTube it looks like even those quests are timed?! For some reason I assumed the only timed quests would be for extra goodies and not for things that actually 'make' the game? No?

Basically...can someone explain to me how all this timed quest business works and if I can complete them without paying real money :D and our the weekly quests worth doing because I'm on my first one and it already wants me to spend those rare LP's to buy a fireplace :/ I'd really rather not.
My Simblr: WaffleKone

Comments

• Options
    KajkaElinaKajkaElina Posts: 201 Member
    I can explain how to play TSF from my play length of 2 years:
    1. Don´t.
    I hope this helps!
    CATS ARE THE BEST!

My Origin ID is catKajka.
  • Options
    KajkaElina wrote: »
    I can explain how to play TSF from my play length of 2 years:
    1. Don´t.
    I hope this helps!

LOL!!!
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member
    You don't need to worry because you can unluck all the places without using real money. If you don't do the quests within the time limit then you just won't get some extra decorative item which you don't really need. You can still build all the different places.

Besides that I got all the missed decorative item from the quests as free gifts in December 2015. So I got them anyway even though I couldn't get several such quests done within the time limit :)

I have the fireplaces. But I don't think that I ever used LPs on them. Usually I don't use LPs on anything unless it is extremely important. I therefore instead attempt to save as many LPs for later as I can and I now have about 600 unused LPs.

I usually do the weekly quests. But I don't think that they are so important. For me it is doing hobbies which is most important to get LPs. So my sims usually do them all the day. Then they go to work when I go to sleep to use the night to earn money.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I said I wouldn't but...I reinstalled Freeplay :# and I have some questions. All the info I find is 3 years old and I figure at least a few things have changed since then.

I know there are a ton of timed quests and I'm wondering if this game is even worth playing without paying? I want to be able to unlock all of the different areas at least but watching YouTube it looks like even those quests are timed?! For some reason I assumed the only timed quests would be for extra goodies and not for things that actually 'make' the game? No?

Basically...can someone explain to me how all this timed quest business works and if I can complete them without paying real money :D and our the weekly quests worth doing because I'm on my first one and it already wants me to spend those rare LP's to buy a fireplace :/ I'd really rather not.

You know you can download an app guide from google play or amozon app that tells you all abute the game or Google the blog called,

(The girl who games)

that gives you a pretty good quide on everything!
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    marcel21 wrote: »

You know you can download an app guide from google play or amozon app that tells you all abute the game or Google the blog called,

(The girl who games)

Thanks :smile: I stopped playing it a few days after I posted that though :D It's as awful as I remembered!
  • Options
    AstroAstro Posts: 6,651 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

(The girl who games)

Thanks :smile: I stopped playing it a few days after I posted that though :D It's as awful as I remembered!

I installed it a few weeks ago expecting to uninstall it the next day, but I didn't. You just have to remember that it's a side game that you can't sit down and play with for a long period of time. 30-40 minutes a day lets me direct my sims to do interactions, and then I just check on their progress a few hours later. :)

It's fun unlocking new items, just yesterday I unlocked a treasure chest by completing a quest within the time limit, and it had 17,000 simoleons in it. It felt very rewarding. :D