Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you feel if GP 3 is a dating pack with restaurants?

Comments

• PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    Schantal wrote: »
    (snip)...I honestly would prefer a million other fun activities than sitting in a chair.....

I want more activities for children and teens...(snip)... There is only so much fun watching a digital person sitting still in a chair ordering fake food..... I want NEW interactions with kids and teens.

I want parents to be able to interact more with kids and kids to play together in new ways, these are the ideas that make sense, why people don't ask for this baffles me...(snip)

Yay! I agree! I still enjoy playing my Sim families, but I'm ready and waiting for this. A family pack is long overdue. And about sitting still in a chair in a restaurant, Cinebar is probably right---there would need to be magnets or seat belts on the chairs to make Sims stay sitting together. Otherwise what's the point? :p Meanwhile for me, the coffee houses will suffice. I do like having those.

Of course I wouldn't mind having "real" restaurants (they would need to work right), but I don't think now is a good time for a dating pack. I'd first prefer a family EP pack, which maybe could include restaurants as a feature, but not as its focus. I'd much rather see other activities that are fun for all family members to do---some completely new things, too, as well as some beloved activities we've had in the past, suitable for indoors or outdoors. Things that come to mind (list is not exhaustive) include slip 'n' slide, trampoline, volleyball, badminton, skating, lawn croquet, four-square, handball, hopscotch, jump-rope teams, hot potato, red-light green-light, mother-may-I, truth or dare, charades, twister, pinatas, and pin the tail on the llama. These would be so fun to see happen, and I think what the game needs more of right now: Family Play! :)
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited March 2016
    Being honest if it comes just with restaurants like (the wonderful btw) Spa Day was I probably won't buy it, it doesn't appeals to me that much as Spas, that was something entirely new. But now if it comes with a new romantic system that will be a whole new level of gameplay which I would love to have.
    Post edited by DominicLaurence on
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited March 2016
    I'd like a GP that added the chemistry system along with some new dating interactions and restaurants far more than a GP that was just restaurants. Since the basic dating system is already covered by the base game, I don't feel like this would be too much for a GP. They would just need to add the Sims 2 style of turn ons/offs, some sort of compatibility marker like the lighting bolts, maybe zodiac signs, and a few new date interactions like slow dancing, proposing over dinner, and a 'scope room' type interaction.

I'd buy something like that in a heartbeat, but a gamepack that was just restaurants I would not find exciting and would probably wait for a sale or something to buy it.

Also, people complaining about family play need to remember that more content of that nature will likely come in an expansion pack, not a gamepack. I am totally with all of you in wanting toddlers back and more stuff for families to do, but I am not expecting that stuff to be in a GP, so CLP's idea is one I would totally be into. I've been wanting a better chemistry system for a long time, we never really had a proper one in TS3.

This thread though only goes to show that they need to make that Generations pack and toddlers priority number one, as it seems that many people aren't going to be happy with any content they release until those things are dealt with.

I feel as though there are a loud minority of people who still won't be happy even when / if that content is finally added in. It'll either be too little too late or EA will do something to "mess it up" and ruin it for them. Don't get me wrong, I think EA owes it to fans of the series to add that kind of content in but I also think we should be realistic (or cynical?) about aspects of this community.

I'm pretty appalled at some of the responses CLP has gotten too. I've never really understood his level of enthusiasm towards the games but he's a really nice guy and he doesn't deserve to be treated like this by anyone.

Restaurants are something I have missed for so long that I probably would snap this pack up in a heartbeat and I'm currently not in the habit of buying add-ons for the game. I don't know if it's just nostalgia because when they were introduced in TS1 it was the first time you could even take your sims off their home lot but man, restaurants were cool and it was something EA never really bothered to put right when they omitted them from TS3. I'd LOVE restaurants... and proper working apartments like we had in TS2, but mostly restaurants.

It'll be nice just to get some more unique community lots too. I like what we have so far but I'm still holding out hope for things like restaurants, bowling alleys and those tacky but awesome sea-front arcades :)
  • SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    How would I feel if Game Pack 3 was a dating pack with restaurants?

Right at this moment in my own game, I think I would feel disappointed and a bit frustrated. I like dating and I want restaurants, and so far I have LOVED the game packs, so I'm really looking forward to the next one a lot, whatever it ends up being. But right now I'm in DESPERATE need for more lots or just more room to grow. So what I really, really want is APARTMENTS, similar to Sims 2 ones.

I've read comments about Apartments not being suitable for a game pack. But I disagree. I think a renting system, with landlord, new building and buy objects and all the interactions that could go with living in an apartment would work very well in a game pack. For me, it wouldn't even have to come with a new world or new neighbourhood. I'd happily put apartments in the worlds we have now.

But, if it's dating and restaurants, I hope at least it will mean a solidly coded way for sims to remain at the same table with no other sim wanting to join them. That would make me happy.
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    I'd like the developers to stop focusing on young adults and start making packs that actually benefit family players. I'm so sick of constantly seeing content being released primarily for young adult Sims!
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I think my sims are plenty romantic as it is. I think I'd like to see more things that sims can do as families and groups. It seems like they just can't get the group aspect right so far.

Also, because I'm genuinely curious, why do you have such a fascination with sims and romancing each other? I'm trying my hardest not to come across harsh with this question so please note I'm not trying to insult you. Just seeking some understanding.

Because in TS2 there were tons of romantic socials and Sims 3 had less and so far Sims 4 has even less.
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited March 2016
    Restaurants AND dating is too big for a game pack imo
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Ninoochat wrote: »
    This is more about a dating pack with restaurants included.

Unlike you I don't get off of pixel people making out, I don't feel this game needs any more "romantic" options. We do need something to make kids less dull, 4 aspirations only? Give me a break. Don't get me started on teens with their elongated limbs. How about making elders something more than adults with grey hair? "Play with life" is not just play with your perfectly thin YA going out to party and sleeping with everything breathing on sight.

Bolded the part I thought was rude and unnecessary.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    edited March 2016
    This is more about a dating pack with restaurants included.

Unlike you I don't get off of pixel people making out, I don't feel this game needs any more "romantic" options. We do need something to make kids less dull, 4 aspirations only? Give me a break. Don't get me started on teens with their elongated limbs. How about making elders something more than adults with grey hair? "Play with life" is not just play with your perfectly thin YA going out to party and sleeping with everything breathing on sight.

Really? I don't get turned on by pixels making out either. That's a pretty dumb statement for you to be making and it's wrong anyway. For your info I just want more romance interactions for story telling.

By the way if you can't disagree nicely then don't post at all. Nobody is making you read this post. I didn't put it up for trolling purposes. If your going to troll my post then don't bother replying.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    Oh I just want to add Candlelight dinners to my list of wants.
    Laugh out loud. Often
    edited March 2016
    Quote isn't working on my pc on some posts but yeah we need more candles for tables. Small red candles would be romantic. I liked the ones we had in TS2.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    I'm not so into getting my sims to date or anything, but if it has restaurants and some other fun stuff to do, I'm down. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • PixelPrincezzPixelPrincezz Posts: 321 Member
    I'm pretty sure it could work in a nice way...If we get a restaurant pack with romantic interactions I'd love to have my sims going in a candle light dinner and stuff like that. :) Even though I'd also like to get my sims families to have dinner together.
    “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde
    EA ID: PixelPrincezz
    90dia7ml8p6n.jpg
  • aleeeexxxpaleeeexxxp Posts: 159 Member
    I would love an attraction system similar to sims 2!
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I think I'd be a lot happier. This could turn out to be hot date with restaurants. In TS1 and 2 restaurants were centered around dating.

Your Thoughts?

I'd be very happy with this. It's one of the few things I miss about The Sims 2.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    If they do it won't be anything like the restaurants in sims 2, remember how people were disappointed with get to work and how half baked the retail store was. Everyone thought it was a come back of open for business but we're sadly let down.
    giphy.gif

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    Quote isn't working on my pc on some posts but yeah we need more candles for tables. Small red candles would be romantic. I liked the ones we had in TS2.

Agreed. It would be nice to have more table decorations that fit on the small slot in the middle of the table. I find a lot of decorations in TS4 are a bit too large. I'd really like some small simple candles and roses. Like:

candle-table-close-up-photo-wallpaper-1680x1050.jpg

candle.jpg

wine-cork-candles-table.jpg

S14-4305.jpg

srr.jpg

red-rose-bottle-28610537.jpg

I'd also love bottles with table numbers on:

winetablenumbers.jpg

• BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I think I'd be a lot happier. This could turn out to be hot date with restaurants. In TS1 and 2 restaurants were centered around dating.

Your Thoughts?

I honestly not sure how I feel about this. If it was made properly then it's cool, but as the very next GP, don't know. In general I'd like to see more sim to sim interactions and hobbies/ fun things for them to do. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Enough with restaurants already! What's the deal with it? I love food as much as the others but an entire pack dedicated to send your sims to eat something that will take at most 30 sim minutes and then what? Go home with a full belly? I don't get the restaurant hype at all. We need more group activities that can span for a long time, like playing board games with your family for an entire afternoon. Not just 30 minutes worth of fun and then they all stand up and look away into the abyss "well that was fun".

Restaurants aren't just about dating though. We could have family restaurants, with a built in playground, where the kids can go play, while the parents don't have to worry about clean up. Or if you have "Get together", our clubs could have a club dinner, or celebrate a sim's birthday. Instead of having a party at home, or that's all about dancing.

Or people could have an active cooking career, where our sim owns their own restaurant and gets to talk to their customers as they sit down to eat.
  • PushingDaisiesPushingDaisies Posts: 50 Member
    Truthfully I'd love to see something similar to aspirations, or pets! Pet would be a win since it's something every simmer is waiting on. ...Oh or seasons! I'd love to see some of the old expansion packs come back...and maybe they'll throw some more creativity in like they did with Get Together and knock us off of our feet with a GP that's a completely new idea just for the sims 4. Maybe something like sims sports or something cool like that. Also forgive my over use of "like" or "or something like that* = ^_^=
  • PushingDaisiesPushingDaisies Posts: 50 Member
    And if they do end up doing restaurants how about adding a new job like waiter? I actually enjoyed that in Ts online.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited March 2016
    I think both dating and restaurants are big enough themes that they can have their own releases, maybe not for an EP but as part of a GP for sure. I think if they included them both, both ideas would be disappointing thin. I understand you wanting more dating options CLP, which is great, I just think that given in real life restaurants revolve around socializing in general they shouldn't just cater towards dating activities. Just like there are many options for dating activities, I would not want them focused on just eating. I'm not saying that they can't make the restaurants compatible with dating (they absolutely should be compatible!) I just don't think they should mesh the two together.

Edit to add: now if this was an EP, I could see them doing them together, you would have an opportunity to really flesh out both themes.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • poisonedsodapoppoisonedsodapop Posts: 1,179 Member
    I think my sims are plenty romantic as it is. I think I'd like to see more things that sims can do as families and groups. It seems like they just can't get the group aspect right so far.

Also, because I'm genuinely curious, why do you have such a fascination with sims and romancing each other? I'm trying my hardest not to come across harsh with this question so please note I'm not trying to insult you. Just seeking some understanding.

Because in TS2 there were tons of romantic socials and Sims 3 had less and so far Sims 4 has even less.

Yeah, I think the series has lost many of its charms since TS2. Thanks for responding btw.
    Hoping some day for some toddlers. But also dreading they'll never come. JK THEY ARE HERE!
  • snurflessnurfles Posts: 3,640 Member
    I'd be annoyed that it's yet another pack geared towards single life but I would be very happy to see restaurants.
  • Stdlr9Stdlr9 Posts: 2,744 Member
    I'd like the developers to stop focusing on young adults and start making packs that actually benefit family players. I'm so sick of constantly seeing content being released primarily for young adult Sims!

I think we're all going to have to wait a looooong time for that. Like for The Sims 5. TS4/Olympus seems to be all YAs partying and hanging out and having EMOTIONS.