Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simguru Romeo Interview

Comments

• CrackFoxCrackFox Posts: 1,507 Member
    Reading the forums counts for nothing. Acting on our input is what matters and we've seen minimal evidence of that.

We'd have toddlers by now if they really cared about our discontentment, that goes back to 2014. They should have been put back into the game by now and if the devs really cared enough about our wishes and opinions i'd load up my game today and they'd be there.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    Reading the forums counts for nothing. Acting on our input is what matters and we've seen minimal evidence of that.

We'd have toddlers by now if they really cared about our discontentment, that goes back to 2014. They should have been put back into the game by now and if the devs really cared enough about our wishes and opinions i'd load up my game today and they'd be there.
    Which is one of the reason why SG Romeo broke his streak of silence on here by commenting.

• keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited March 2016
    sunman502 wrote: »

Which is one of the reason why SG Romeo broke his streak of silence on here by commenting.

i must have missed it. What did he say?

Edit: found it ;)
  • sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member

But he can't speak about what matters to some people. It's not his fault (obviously it comes from above) but it's why people want to see actual action in seeing movement towards seeing improvements which matter to them. They are tired of the not knowing.

It's nothing against the developers that people are disappointed. It's caused by the situation and the continued silence.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I'm even worse than SimGuruAntonio so you can tear me apart. ;) I lurk here like crazy, but this is my first actual post to the forums. Us Gurus are folks actively working on the game (engineers, producers, designers, etc.) who want to directly engage with Sims fans a bit. So we may not post often enough and have room to improve there, but know that we're certainly attentive to what's being discussed and hard at workevery day to make this game we all love better all the time!

Someone needs to tweak your account status ;)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

But he can't speak about what matters to some people. It's not his fault (obviously it comes from above) but it's why people want to see actual action in seeing movement towards seeing improvements which matter to them. They are tired of the not knowing.

It's nothing against the developers that people are disappointed. It's caused by the situation and the continued silence.

Agreed.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Please, please, please. Can you say if toddlers will be making a return? Just a yes or no? No explanations required. PLEASE!
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    edited March 2016
    It was a nice interview. I laughed at the 'long walks on the beach' bit. Strange sense of humour though. I think I'm also in the queue of people who now have a craving for ice cream.

*has a total fangirl moment* Guru's are posting! We got ninja'd!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member

Sorry folks I think I chased them away. :o

Sorry folks I think I chased them away. :o

LOL since there is no LOL button anymore
  • ArlettaArletta Posts: 8,444 Member
    *grabs my pointy stick and pitchfork* I got bored of torches.

I'll give you a few seconds to run, @simgirl1010

Then I shall give chase and pointy stick you until you're sorry for scaring the guru's off.
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,282 Member
    I'm even worse than SimGuruAntonio so you can tear me apart. ;) I lurk here like crazy, but this is my first actual post to the forums. Us Gurus are folks actively working on the game (engineers, producers, designers, etc.) who want to directly engage with Sims fans a bit. So we may not post often enough and have room to improve there, but know that we're certainly attentive to what's being discussed and hard at workevery day to make this game we all love better all the time!

If you are a Guru, then why don't you have Guru as your status or the green bar above your post like SimGuruDrake or any other SimGuru/Staff has?
  • PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    I enjoyed reading the spotlight on SimGuruRomeo! I'd love hearing more about all our SimGurus! B)

My favorite ice cream: Trader Joe's Coffee Bean Blast. Coffee, coffee! I can't get enough coffee, I guess. Lol. :p
  • husseinandalihusseinandali Posts: 2,622 Member
    edited March 2016

Its christmas miracle three gurus in one thread i must be dreaming
    yondu-guardians1.jpg
    over here i post my cc
    new: https://simsworkshop.net/members/g1g2.1032/
    old: modthesims.info/m/8847624
    you may know me as g1g2

• To7mTo7m Posts: 5,467 Member
    edited March 2016
    I really, really, honestly could not care less about what ice cream anybody likes. The only thing I care about is EA/Maxis making a game that I enjoy and keeping up some level of professional communication. I would not blindly buy drugs from my pharmacist so EA needs to rethink this whole silence policy. Stat.
    Please, please, please. Can you say if toddlers will be making a return? Just a yes or no? No explanations required. PLEASE!

I second this^ Can you please just tell us what the deal is? This is so unbelievably ridiculous. Are you seriously going to just keep silent about it!? If EA wants any more of my money they need to be answering some serious questions ASAP; or at least allowing the gurus to do so.

--T

ETA: Edit
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Check the profile from @SimGuruRomeo .. Last active May 2015 -_-

Where did you find that date? When I checked out his profile it says Last Active: 12.54 p.m.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    To7m wrote: »
    I really, really, honestly could not care less about what ice cream anybody likes. The only thing I care about is EA/Maxis making a game that I enjoy and keeping up some level of professional communication. I would not blindly buy drugs from my pharmacist so EA needs to rethink this whole silence policy. Stat.

I second this^ Can you please just tell us what the deal is? This is so unbelievably ridiculous. Are you seriously going to just keep silent about it!? If EA wants any more of my money they need to be answering some serious questions ASAP; or at least allowing the gurus to do so.

--T

ETA: Edit

This. What's the word on toddlers?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    edited March 2016
    Himynameis wrote: »
    They're listening but they not hearing.

^----This. They never answer us. They just say random things and act like they listen. But never hear or answer.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Yah know, lurking is fine, and I understand the need to be incognito and still check out the forums. But a tiny little acknowledgement now and then would do so much good. Just post a tiny thing in posts now and then to say you read it, that's all. We understand you can't answer all our questions, but just seeing you guys around, reading our stuff, makes a simmer believe again. I hope you guys post more hellos. *hugs*
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • YungGigiYungGigi Posts: 1,083 Member
    So he reads the forums. And? So? They all read the forums. It was mentioned before up here that the packs are all decided in advance internally. So if anything they just read the forums to find out about bugs. Do you all take solace in knowing that's it?
  • ShinobuTypeErrorShinobuTypeError Posts: 2,838 Member
    edited March 2016
    YungGigi wrote: »
    So he reads the forums. And? So? They all read the forums. It was mentioned before up here that the packs are all decided in advance internally. So if anything they just read the forums to find out about bugs. Do you all take solace in knowing that's it?

They may have a rough idea of all the packs they want to make, but that doesn't mean they won't scrap some ideas in favor of other things. A lot of what we got in the Sims 3 expansions (especially the later ones) was based on community requests and feedback.

That's why they put those surveys out every so often, so they can get a basic idea of what features are the most wanted by the fans.
    "It's like there's a pink elephant in the room and no one's allowed to talk about it."
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited March 2016
    I know for a fact the gurus come on here that's why I post in the ideas section and I think more people should do the same. TheSims on twitter tells me they read the suggestions in the idea forums.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    YungGigi wrote: »
    They do decide on which Packs to consider release internally. This was known back when SimGuruCopeland was still at Maxis Utah. SGCopeland had commented on here towards the end of his time at Maxis that he had this note book of ideas for the game. SGCopeland would submit those ideas at a broad meeting to voted on to be possibly add to the game. Now since SGCopeland had his note book of ideas. It stands to think that the other SimGurus will also have note book of ideas of their own for the game. So just because they decide on Packs in a broad meeting doesn't me that those Packs for the game will get released.