Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Simguru Romeo Interview

Comments

• Options
    SlawfishSlawfish Posts: 431 Member
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    How difficult is it to say: ''Yes we are listening!''.

Come on, everyone can say that. I don't believe it, want to see my toddlers and family play first, since that's what the community screams since the game got released and we still got to see them................... so, listening? prove it.

Also agree with this. I have proof of them not listening.

Evidence A: Toddlers

We've been asking for toddlers for a year and a half now and we still have no toddlers. They haven't even mentioned them except for RF saying it was best not to put them to date.

Evidence B: Culling

We've been complaining about culling and they go ahead and introduce a new form of culling.

I have evidence all the way up to Z , but those are like the biggest ones.

This only proves that some fans are clearly not listening when they DO actually say something about these things.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I actually think there's much proof they are listening to fans. I just think there are certain things they simply can't do. Actually the fact they seem to be listening (fixing bugs, adding stuff people ask for) leaves me the more pessimistic concerning toddlers and stuff.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »

Come on, everyone can say that. I don't believe it, want to see my toddlers and family play first, since that's what the community screams since the game got released and we still got to see them................... so, listening? prove it.

We've been asking for toddlers for a year and a half now and we still have no toddlers. They haven't even mentioned them except for RF saying it was best not to put them to date.

We've been complaining about culling and they go ahead and introduce a new form of culling.

This only proves that some fans are clearly not listening when they DO actually say something about these things.

When did we last hear about toddlers? I mean that interview would be worth reading if the questions were "are toddlers being worked on?" "Is it possible to have a semi open neighbourhood?" "Why are EPs taking so long?" "Whats the point of having GPs if they have less content than EPs yet take the same time in being released?" rather than "what's your favorite ice cream?"
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,215 Member
    @luthienrising - I think Simmers want more useful communication. But, it's the actions which will speak louder than any words or phrases ever can.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    The gurus aren't to blame for not being able to discuss subjects that someone above them has decided is a no go area.

I'm sure the gurus know and listen. However what the consequences of that listening is all that matters to the service users and right now the lack of at least answers on big issues means that 'We are listening' doesn't translate to a better experience for some of us.

I get that EA is ruining a bunch of video games not just The Sims 4 , but maxis decided to merge with them and they will get the complains, not EA

I honestly don't know why you would sell a gret idea to a bad company that has literally won awards for bad service
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @luthienrising - I think Simmers want more useful communication. But, it's the actions which will speak louder than any words or phrases ever can.

Well part of the issue is that we all heard such promises before release that didn't translate to anything that for many of us only seeing action will be when we can believe in what is said.
  • Options

When did we last hear about toddlers? I mean that interview would be worth reading if the questions were "are toddlers being worked on?" "Is it possible to have a semi open neighbourhood?" "Why are EPs taking so long?" "Whats the point of having GPs if they have less content than EPs yet take the same time in being released?" rather than "what's your favorite ice cream?"

This blog series is meant to give some insight into who the SimGuru's are and what their jobs are.

The questions you are asking aren't one's we would cover in this particular blog series.

Where will you cover them though? I will gladly read or watch that
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    Check the profile from @SimGuruRomeo .. Last active May 2015 -_-

He says he's quiet -- he doesn't post but he does read. He's actually relatively active on Twitter as well, and probably watches the Facebook page. There are many methods for the SimGurus to listen to players, not just the forums.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Saying you are listening is all fine and dandy, but thats the same cookie-cutter response we have gotten since The Sims 4 was announced. By this time I would expect some kind of progress to be made, especially if they've been listening this whole time.

They can listen all the want, and they should, but listening doesn't really do anything without action. A response could even be classified as an action, but we don't see that. We see complete silence surrounding important issues they've been "listening" to since before the game launched.

And that's exactly what you'll get. Presumably those in charge don't want to even acknowledge the issues.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2016
    The bit with SimGuruRomeo wasn't about the game at all. It's a spotlight type of interview, which means that the interview would on the interviewee. Have none of you ever seen a spotlight interview on a movie star before, where they're interviewed on their acting career? It the same thing here, with this spotlight interview on SimGuruRomeo. The spotlight interview is on his career as a producer on The Sims. So why would anyone be asking about things on the game in the interview when it's not about the game at all?
  • Options
    TheSimerTheSimer Posts: 1,007 Member

Gamepacks take the same time, because less people work on them. They center around a specific theme and they have a way better price value than stuff packs on sims 2 and 3
  • Options

Maybe both issues can't be solved overnight.

On toddlers, I'd rather they take extra time to do them right than to rush them through. As for culling, they increased the population cap as a temporary measure while they try to solve the problem on their own -- and I've found that by doing manual culling of single elder households that my Sims never interact with, that seems to cut down a lot of the automatic culling. Relationship culling is a bother but I've worked around it by making sure Sims become at least friends with their fellow club members and other Sims I want them to stay in touch with. The two types of culling may be related so might take a while to work on.
  • Options
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @SimGuruDrake - But wouldn't a SimGuru have to be logged in to talk?

What’s the best thing about being a SimGuru?

"The best thing about being a SimGuru is that I get to talk with all of you."

He talks a lot on Twitter, not on the forums.
  • Options
    Check the profile from @SimGuruRomeo .. Last active May 2015 -_-

He says he's quiet -- he doesn't post but he does read. He's actually relatively active on Twitter as well, and probably watches the Facebook page. There are many methods for the SimGurus to listen to players, not just the forums.

I use twitter. Most tweets lack information. Graham actually does tweet back a lot when people have questions about the gameplay, but most tweets don't tell you anything.

Which by the way is great that he answers but in previous games we would actually get a game guide like with most games. I don't know why the developers didn't make a game guide this time around. I mean SimVIP has one, but she profits with it amd charges you which in my opinion is a bit too much.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @stilljustme2 - It's great SimGurus use other social media avenues to talk to players. However, I would think being an official employee of EA and working on The Sims 4, this SimGuru (and any others) would occasionally choose the 'official' Sims forum to communicate on - in addition to Facebook, Twitter and all the others.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    "Hi. I'm LoveMcQueen5683 and I've just been promoted to Head Guru."

See? I can lie too. There's a difference between reading the forum and scribbling some notes on a notebook and taking the time to communicate with the fans with concerns. A huge difference.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options

Maybe both issues can't be solved overnight.

On toddlers, I'd rather they take extra time to do them right than to rush them through. As for culling, they increased the population cap as a temporary measure while they try to solve the problem on their own -- and I've found that by doing manual culling of single elder households that my Sims never interact with, that seems to cut down a lot of the automatic culling. Relationship culling is a bother but I've worked around it by making sure Sims become at least friends with their fellow club members and other Sims I want them to stay in touch with. The two types of culling may be related so might take a while to work on.

I would agree with you but this is the thing:

Toddlers: you don't even know if they are working on them

Culling: a modder fixed it for free with mc command center
    TheSimer wrote: »

Gamepacks take the same time, because less people work on them. They center around a specific theme and they have a way better price value than stuff packs on sims 2 and 3

I'm pretty sure one of the gurus said it would be ideal to have like 3 GPs per year. If someone can find the source great. I won't look it up.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    @SimGuruRomeo - Hi, welcome to the forums. Nice to see you. Logged out streaks are overrated (don't worry 'bout it) :) So, where do you post mostly if not here?
  • Options
    I am not one to comment much on the forums but, trust me, I am always watching. Like SimGuruDrake said you don't have to be logged in to see posts. I had to log in to type this, and now my logged off streak is dead =p

I also frequent the Sims Reddit, so if you post to that know that I will see it =D

He speaks! Nice to see you around here -- I do see you frequently on Twitter on the SimGuru list I subscribed to that was set up by @TheSims official Twitter account. Enjoyed the bit of punnery with "Monteguru" with another SimGuru (forget which one -- old age does that to a person). B)
  • Options
    SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited March 2016
    Himynameis wrote: »
    They're listening but they not hearing.

yes exactly.. its easy to listen, but its not easy to actually hear. And for me proof is not an interview stating that they listen or read the forums, but the proof is when you SEE multiple times that the game does the opposite of what the community wants or asked for. And the community asks for a lot more logic stuff in so many ways than the decisions of EA.