Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you playing the game or playing the forums?

Just wondering because there seems to be so much misery concerning the lack of announcements. Is anyone who's desperate for a new Pack announcement actually even playing anymore?

When the new Pack is announced, will you then be wanting the NEXT announcement?
apple-signature.png

Comments

• Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Wondering the same tbh
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • pinkishpinkish Posts: 693 Member
    I only check the forms for new ideas in game play, sometimes someone shares something I hadn't tried. As for as announcements go I really don't pay attention I don't speculate or try to guess what the next one will be. It is like an unopened package, I don't care what is in it till it is opened.
    I play everyday, when I get tired of it I will move on to another game for a while, but really until they add pets, most of the packs have been about the same, the only thing I get from them is content, no new game play.
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    pinkish wrote: »
    It is like an unopened package, I don't care what is in it till it is opened....most of the packs have been about the same, the only thing I get from them is content, no new game play.

Couldn't agree more :)
    apple-signature.png
  • PolyrhythmPolyrhythm Posts: 2,789 Member
    Thanks to my tablet I can skim the forums while I play the game c:
    :*:,:*:*:*::*:,:*:*:*::
    v5Yd2X5.png
  • MandysAMessMandysAMess Posts: 2,694 Member
    Polyrhythm wrote: »
    Thanks to my tablet I can skim the forums while I play the game c:

Thanks to having several screens, I can too ;)
    My Simblr: WaffleKone
  • SkobeeSkobee Posts: 2,864 Member
    I play on my pc, but I often have a tab open to go trough the forums. I love multi-tasking :smiley:
    Origin ID - RosyAngelina
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    edited March 2016
    Both. My game as running as I type. I consider participating on the forum an integral part of my overall simming experience. Yesterday while on the forum I discovered several features I'd never tried, received several tips to enhance my game-play, plus seeing what others are doing in their game is inspirational. I also have Carl's guide open to check various things as I play and might check out their forum every once in a while.

ETA: When the new pack is announced I'll want to know what's coming next. :p
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,805 Member
    I play on my pc, but I often have a tab open to go trough the forums. I love multi-tasking :smiley:

Ha ha, good one. :)
  • Glic2003Glic2003 Posts: 2,933 Member
    I don't play the game, I just come to the forum out of habit (and to check if there's any news/drama).
    simsig_willwright.gif

"We've been attributing the state of The Sims 4 to greed but I think it's time to give sheer incompetence another look."
    -Honeywell
  • BluebellFloraBluebellFlora Posts: 7,110 Member
    Slawfish wrote: »
    I've yet to see anyone "desperate". The only thing people are desperate for is toddlers.

A quick search on the forum shows otherwise. I'm desperate for CASt and a CAW type tool. Not desperate at all for toddlers.

Slawfish wrote: »
    I don't see why it should be anyone's concern who does or doesn't play the game while waiting for an announcement, they are hardly comparable ways to spend time, and in fact, you can do both things at once. So why one or the other?

Oh I'm not concerned, just interested.
    apple-signature.png
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    i'm definitely playing the forums! In hopes there will one day be news that will help me to enjoy playing the game.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    Actually, I've spent much less time on the forums lately. I've been busy writing stories for my Simblr and just started building again. So, until a few days ago, I would've said neither, but if if I have to choose now, then I'm playing the game.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • mustenimusteni Posts: 5,404 Member
    I'm more comfortable avoiding school work by checking the forums quickly than playing the game. Avoiding by playing goes a bit too far, I just don't feel good about it. So I hang more on the forums when I "can't" play. Of course I look forward to announcements, but it's not about that really. At the moment I'm most deperate for the wishing well & Romantic Garden Stuff, but I wont allow myself to buy it until the next deadline has passed.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,527 Member
    I am not playing much.
    I pop into the game once in a while, work on a house a little, send a sim to work and out on the town, take a few pictures, and then I'm back on the forums looking at what you all are discussing.
    02-27-16_8-07-41nbspPM.png
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    I'm not playing the game just keeping up with the forums to see if anything interesting is happening. Guess its a habbit I developed during the Sims 3 years.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I come here to the forums, daily. Sometimes more than once in a day. Mostly I'm looking for hints on how to do stuff, or to learn of a new patch or any official word on what's coming next. And to share what's going on in my game, when I've got something rich to share. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimsFurSimsFur Posts: 1,998 Member
    edited March 2016
    I didnt play or visited the forum for a long time, but lately ive been coming to the forums and i dont play. Its more boredom, then excitement.
  • mommysimmermommysimmer Posts: 188 Member
    I do both daily! But I play the game more than the forums for sure.
  • mookie1981mookie1981 Posts: 189 Member
    I play the forums right now. I'm checking for the next pack or patch. My game gets repetitive quickly so I'm waiting for some new and exciting content since I didn't purchase romantic garden stuff.
    2vmcal4.jpg
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    I only play the forums... moar fun :joy:
  • tee03tee03 Posts: 9 New Member
    I try to play more, I really do, but I'm a family player and it's hard to play without those little things called "toddlers".
    So I build some houses, play a family about twice a week, then I'm done. Waiting to hear news on the next EP, maybe it will be something to catch my attention more!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    I play Sims 3 and the forums at the moment. That can change, it depends on what they'll deliver.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • xitneverendssxitneverendss Posts: 1,772 Member
    Curious what the purpose of this thread is...
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    Play the game when I'm at home. Forums at work. (Don't have game here)